PDA

View Full Version : Something new to AC

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-14-2015, 10:06 AM
The next AC should really have a splash of dismemberment. They don't need to spam it but it would be sick every once in a awhile for a leg arm or head to come off. Really bring that Tenchu vibe into it.

RzaRecta357
01-14-2015, 10:23 AM
It may be a bit much but I'd love seeing a hand or forearm or lower knee come off. Would be great.

AssassinHMS
01-14-2015, 10:34 AM
It may be a bit much but I'd love seeing a hand or forearm or lower knee come off. Would be great.

http://i.imgur.com/7DzRt.gif

Here you go...you psychos

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-14-2015, 10:40 AM
I think in general this series, at least in terms of lore as lost a bit of it's charm.

One of the main reasons I was drawn into this series is that it deals with themes and ideas that most other games don't. The first game addressed politics, religion and terrorism. Hell you were essentially playing a middle eastern terrorist for the whole game. As the series has gone on though it's lost a bit of that.

I feel like in a way its lost a bit of its sophistication, probably to appeal to a broader audience. I remember when AC1 came out people were having all sorts of interesting discussions in relation to AC about philosophy and ethics. Obviously it's still around a bit (the 'Which side would you take' threads come to mind) but it's kind of going.

I've kind of gone off-topic, but yes I would like some dismemberment in the game. It would make the enemies feel less like crappy programmed ragdolls and more like actual people.

Aphex_Tim
01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
I'd prefer the combat animations to be toned down a little, actually. Brutally slaughtering guards who stand in your way doesn't feel very assassin-y to me (though in Connor's case, his fighting style makes a bit more sense). Quick and clean would be better in my opinion.
After AC1, fighting already became a bit too over the top for my tastes. I'm always kinda surprised at how enemies are still in one piece after some of the animations in AC:B and AC3; and in Revelations, Ezio seemed to enjoy killing his opponents a little too much...

The_Kiwi_
01-14-2015, 10:50 AM
In AC1, you heard bones crunch when Alta´r stabbed enemies in the skull with his short blade
I think dismemberment would be too God of War-y, but cool sound effects when smashing people with maces would be fun

SixKeys
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, would be great for social stealth to walk away from a fight acting all innocent with severed heads and arms rolling down the street. Dat realism. :rolleyes:

VestigialLlama4
01-14-2015, 11:02 AM
The next AC should really have a splash of dismemberment. They don't need to spam it but it would be sick every once in a awhile for a leg arm or head to come off. Really bring that Tenchu vibe into it.

What I would like is that the player character or his allies succumb to body damage. In the old days, soldiers had loads of injuries, scars and the like. I get that Assassins are aces but it's a little unlikely for them all to not walk away with a missing limb or a gouged eye.

I'd like a game where midway through, your eye or your finger has been plucked (feet damage might impact Parkour), so your Eagle Vision is impaired, you can only fight with one-handed weapons and you have to be stealthy all the time.

As for what I want, AC has a series has a lot of untapped potential, aside from the historical recreations(Playing as Templar yada-yada-yada). One thing is to make class a factor - Different areas have different accents and to blend in, you have to pick up that accent and body language of the area. And if you are a working class character, you won't be allowed in any interiors or locations in upper-class areas.

Aphex_Tim
01-14-2015, 11:06 AM
^Mario was missing an eye. And... ...well, that's about it. :p

The_Kiwi_
01-14-2015, 11:39 AM
^Mario was missing an eye. And... ...well, that's about it. :p

They almost all had scars :rolleyes:

----------

Ezio was severely wounded during sequences 12 and 13 of AC2
In both ACB and ACR, there were moments when Ezio was badly wounded and couldn't fight properly until he healed
AC3 had that bit where Connor couldn't walk properly due to a massive log impaling his torso
And in AC4, you could drink until you couldn't walk properly too :rolleyes:

Incorporating these into combat situations would be stupid though, because you can't make the injuries permanent and rapid healing would be borderline supernatural

Ureh
01-14-2015, 06:53 PM
There was that one scene in AC3 where a soldier's leg got blown off. Sort of.

Matknapers18
01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
If there was ever a right time to add this it would have been in Unity. French Revolution is one of the most brutal, bloody, gory events in world history but the game felt SO watered down. Literally, there were people getting shanked in the street and thats about as extreme as it got. I was expecting limbs flying around, and the street floors to be covered in blood and dismembered heads. I expected lines of bounded civilians facing the firing squads and guillotines on every street corner. If you're gonna do it do it right.

It felt like a disney production tbh. We got a couple beheadings and a guy got his leg cut off sometime in sequence 3 or 4. But anyway, yes. I would love to see some dismemberment.