PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings is pretty hard!

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 01:31 AM
Before i start, im sure there are plenty of amazing gamers out there that will obviously say every game is easy. But in comparison to the Unity original storyline, do you find Dead Kings harder? I do.

First mission for example, optional objective, dont get into conflict. That was pretty tough for me. I always try to 100% the game so i reset if i dont get optional objectives. The place you have to get through is swarming with guards. I made it through obviously, but had to reset a couple times, and this is the first mission!!

Even out on the street. In Unitys original map, guards would be in groups of 5 or 6. In Dead Kings if i start ai fight im quickly swarmed by guards.

Dont get me wrong though, this is not a negative post, im liking the DLC. Im just wondering, am i imagining this or is it a little tougher??

jeffies04
01-14-2015, 02:32 AM
I'm only one mission in, but I can see it maybe being a little bit tougher. I had to restart a couple times while trying to find a good way into that church.

I like it when DLCs up the ante a little.

YazX_
01-14-2015, 10:46 AM
i hate these kind of optional objectives:

1. Dont get into conflicts.
2. Dont kill anyone.
3. Dont get detected.

they are not hard though, but they need patience and tactics, you must study your environment carefully and find entrances and exits without being detected, i repeated the first mission 6 times because i lack patience and everytime i get detected until i memorized the environment carefully and got it done easily.

to be honest, gamers who like stealth will like it very much and find it excellent, and this is the problem with Unity for me, it forces you into stealth without giving you any other option and i dont like too much stealth.

Lignjoslav
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
I thought that there weren't enough "don't get into conflict" objectives in the main game. :D Yeah, they can be challenging (I restarted the first mission a couple of times because of it myself), but that is the way a true assassin does things. It is also more realistic that a lone man would sneak in, than fight his way through. The latter is akin to walking into Mordor, one does not simply do that, that's why they had two little guys sneak through. ;)

All I can say is that we should use all of our options. Choosing the right gear increases the Disguise duration (and other parameters) quite significantly and berserk darts can be great for thinning the ranks of the opposition (for larger amounts of enemies, make two berserkers at once, that's usually enough to do a lot of damage).

jeffies04
01-14-2015, 11:19 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58065805.jpg

TeamGuo
01-14-2015, 02:30 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58065805.jpg

I alert 30 guards at once just to kill them all because that makes thing so simple. Even more so when your gun can carry 8 bullets and you've got the Blade of Eden WHICH SOMEONE SUGGESTED shoots lightning. Does not.

I've already just given up trying to do 100% because GOD HELP ME. I'm not redoing a mission 30 times just because a single wanker sees me.:mad:

LateralusGTS
01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
I had to restart twice too. Here are a few things that help in a lot of these missions. I usually use a lot of berserk darts + poison gas combo, it works really well. I throw a cherry bomb over their heads, they ALL turn around (their back towards me), shoot a couple of them with berserk darts and watch them gather a ton guards at once while I hide in a corner, and if your lucky they will berserk other guards as well (not sure how that exactly works but berserk is contagious). Once I feel comfortable I will throw a poison grenade at the group, wait till it wears off throw another one. Usually two will be enough. I gotten like 10 kills at once using this strategy. I use the military bracers and the belt that holds the most poison gas. If it was unlocked I would use the military belt since it adds the most for the grenades.

Death_shade35
01-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Big fan of poison bombs and berserk darts. They tend to clear hordes of enemies fairly easy. But I agree, Dead kings does seem a little tougher.

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah, to people saying Berzerk darts and poison gas, that is also what i tend to use. Although there is better gear i could wear to carry more. I think currently i can only hold 2 poison gas and 7 berzerk. Might have to change it up for Dead Kings

Blackred689
01-15-2015, 01:29 AM
What I did on the first mission is to climb up the left side of the church near the front, you can then enter through the upper side and play the organ, the guards leave the underground entrance. You then traverse high up to the back and drop down with nobody there.

similarly
01-15-2015, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I can carry up to 12 phantoms and 9 berserks with my legendary belt.

I started DK ... only to find I hadn't gone shopping first and had NO Berserk darts. Whoops. Got up on top of a tower and used phantoms. They couldn't see me and couldn't reach me. I got out of the catacombs without any conflicts.

One reason it's hard is that I think they assume most people have finished the main campaign. I'm at legendary level, 5 gold diamonds, and all legendary gear. I can solo most coop and heist missions now. A challenge isn't a bad thing.

MVP914
01-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Well, it's the sequence 13. You should expect it to be more challenging than the previous sequences.

SixKeys
01-15-2015, 03:20 AM
I don't think it's harder than the base game, especially if you pack some higher gear with you. With groups of guards I mostly spam the poison bombs and berserk darts. I only had to restart the first mission because one guard saw me and I couldn't shoot him even though I kept hammering the button.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:44 AM
It's just as easy as the main game, IMO. The drastic increase in enemies made me trip a few times, but we've got the guillotine gun to remove waves and the constant puzzles eased up the amount of interaction with enemies.

jeffies04
01-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Don't forget in the catacombs you can kill each raider group's leader to get the others to freak out and run off.

Death_shade35
01-15-2015, 11:25 PM
It's amusing shooting a raider group leader with a berserk dart and just sitting back watching him kill his own men off. lol

AherasSTRG
01-15-2015, 11:54 PM
I used to carefully plan my moves in order not to alert any guards (even if it was not an optional objective). But stuttering ruined my efforts a few dozens of times (literally), so I just rushed through the rest of the game.

So, to actually talk about the matter at hand: yes, the DLC is really difficult. Stuttering is worse in Franciade than Paris and that makes combat and stealth a lot harder.

APr3tender
01-16-2015, 04:12 AM
It's just as easy as the main game, IMO. The drastic increase in enemies made me trip a few times, but we've got the guillotine gun to remove waves and the constant puzzles eased up the amount of interaction with enemies.

I love the additional enemies without the guillotine. Tons of creed point for finisher moves in a single room if you same the leaders for last.

zenx007
01-16-2015, 06:38 AM
It really depends on what you want to do. I don't really think an optional objective can be considered a difficulty since it's totally up to you if you do it or not.
So yea basically you pointed out the hardest challenge in the whole DLC - it has objectives that would prefer you to stay hidden, other than that it's totally up to you if you actually want to stay hidden. I tried sneaking.. used a berserk dart from cover and despite the fact that no enemy was looking at me.. I instantly got in conflict from using the dart - which was strange... - so I just killed everyone :D

As for groups of raiders.. it really depends on your gear. If you have a highest damage sword for example, one hit can kill any raider but the leaders, and they don't fight as well as main game guards do, meaning that most of your hits will actually land and they rarely parry it. You also don't get shot at by them and especially not with rifles, they only throw some rocks from time to time. Also their damage is much lower.

Considering what I just said this actually makes the DLC much easier than for example level 4-5 missions in the main game. If you prefer you can just run through hordes of raiders with only a sword and you won't even need medicine. Once you get the suger sword you will be even more superior since every few hits will blind your enemies - it basically has the same effect as smoke bombs on your enemies (even makes you vanish) so... you know it's powerful.

So yea overall I felt weaker when I got back to the main game which might indicate the dlc is actually slightly easier. Sure you can play along with optional objectives and sneaking around which would make it a bit more challenging, but basically if a single sword hit works just as well as a stealth assassination I sometimes find it faster to just run at the raiders and kill them (not worth my time to plan their deaths hehe). Will probably come back at a later time if I want 100% completion to do the optional objectives as well, but for now I skipped them (never did like those don't get spotted objectives - especially when they caused desync in previous installments)
Cheers!

porto412
01-16-2015, 09:17 PM
LOL!

Almost finished the game after hours and hours of play but never knew you could throw those bombs when simply hold the key and aim.... :)
I just always used them instantly, thus depressing the key and immediately let go.
This wil change some difficult assignments! :)