PDA

View Full Version : So does Shay make an appearance in Dead Kings? SPOILERS

MontrossXGMR
01-14-2015, 01:06 AM
For those of you that have beaten it already. This is the only reason I even want to play the DLC is to see if he is in it, so I dont care about spoilers.

Or is the Dead Kings DLC just more of a boring continuation of Unitys bad story?

Altair1789
01-14-2015, 01:37 AM
No, he didn't. Not that much closure was given to Arno's story, and nothing was given to the whole 18th century stuff, but it was still an amazing DLC in my opinion. It did add to the lore though

DanPenfold
01-14-2015, 02:06 AM
I don't know might this DLC be part of the new game called Victory.? It was just an idea?

wvstolzing
01-14-2015, 02:54 AM
I don't know might this DLC be part of the new game called Victory.? It was just an idea?

No, that was 'The Lair of the Shadow Broker'; but that was the DLC for the WiiU version of Black Flag.

Perk89
01-14-2015, 07:49 AM
Spoilers.

The DLC itself was alright. Arno's best moments as a character came with Leon, and it was cool seeing how the Apple William Miles tracked down in AC3 got to Cairo. That was about the biggest narrative commitment Ubi made though, and I'm still disappointed they aren't willing to be a little more bold in regards to narrative decisions. They showed no confrontation with Napoleon for no other reason than they had already written themselves into a corner with Unity's ending, and no Shay wasn't there-and frankly I think he should've been. Making a bold, narrative choice like that is something Ubisoft has gone away from because, frankly, I don't think they have any idea what they want to do with the backlog of characters they have building up. Once again, Arno's closing monologue had absolutely no pertinence to the story or how he grew during his time there. Just random, spontaneous, philosophizing. It's evident that they've changed writers for Unity and the new guy/guys have had a really weak showing in my opinion.

That said, it did have some positives. The city itself was okay. Not quite the same level of cheer and charm that previous AC games brought, but better than Paris. The guillotine gun was a nice little one off but not something I'll use regularly. And Leon. He was cool, and I think we're supposed to infer that Arno adopted him or something.