PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings unplayable, bugged as hell.....

OxIdOAC
01-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Installed and try and this hurts the most. Map is 3 times smaller than Paris and is glitched as hell. Can't walk straight, turns me 180 degrees all over the place running is just a mess....
They didn't even patch up main game, instead they release bugged DLC....

Pathetic

Ansellbwoy
01-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Your PC is bugged as hell. Works fine for me

Alphacos007
01-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Your PC is bugged as hell. Works fine for me

Yup.

TheDownyy
01-13-2015, 10:07 PM
These issues you seem to be having dont appear in my game however that doesnt mean they are not there!

The 180 degree camera bug might be an issue with your computer and not the game. Assassins Creed Unity sets itself as a high priority in your task manager by default, some games that require alot of CPU power can "hog" the resources and cause your mouse to randomly accelerate at times. I would try lowing ACU.exe in your task manager to normal however I wouldn't recommend this because it might affect your FPS slightly but it might help you to pin point the 180 degree bug.

NOTE: changing the priority wont damage or harm your computer at all, it allows the computer to determine what process gets the most CPU resources. If this helps with the bug then keep it low, if not, then change it back to "high priority".

I hope this helps somewhat, Ohhh can you list your system specs? CPU, GPU(2,3,4 GB?), RAM etc...

JohnConnor2012
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm getting ACU.exe fail whenever I try to enter new DLC area. Am verifying files now. If that doesn't work, I'm uninstalling and moving on to a less broken game.

tdtdtdtd
01-13-2015, 10:47 PM
Completely agree. This piece of **** crashes to desktop every 5 minutes. Ubisoft is at least consistent with releasing pure **** and passing it off as content.

Blackwolfe5
01-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Suddenly I am not as upset over the fact that it has not released on steam yet..

JohnConnor2012
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
OK, made it to DLC load screen, then Arno finds himself in a house but freezes whenever he crosses its threshold. Cutscene not firing? Y'know - I am actually beyond caring. Uninstalling anyway. ACU was fun to start but now is nothing but trouble and wasted disc space. Uninstalling and not looking back. Best of luck with 'Assassins Creed effin' Victory', Ubi!

TheDownyy
01-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Completely agree. This piece of **** crashes to desktop every 5 minutes. Ubisoft is at least consistent with releasing pure **** and passing it off as content.

I don't know why people are complaining....

I'm playing through the game with no problems at all, I've pretty much been in every situation such as Stealth, combat, cutsences etc... and I havent noticed a single bug apart from the AC games movement bugs(stuck on chairs etc.) i understand each system is different and the game can react different depending on what you have.

I have a question, do you have the computer spec requirements stated by Ubisoft? If so, continue to complain that is 100% your right and your also right in doing so however if you don't then that's your fault for buying a game under the specification of the game and your definitely going to run into bugs.

Lastly, what are your specification? this is to help ubisoft pinpoint the problem because hardware on your end can affect the game(I'm not saying its your fault, I'm saying Ubisoft need to find the problem causing your issue and specs help ALOT!)

tdtdtdtd
01-13-2015, 11:37 PM
My specifications are beyond this game. I meet all the requirements with little effort on the part of my gaming machine. This is a glitchy piece of ****.

OK, made it to DLC load screen, then Arno finds himself in a house but freezes whenever he crosses its threshold. Cutscene not firing? Y'know - I am actually beyond caring. Uninstalling anyway. ACU was fun to start but now is nothing but trouble and wasted disc space. Uninstalling and not looking back. Best of luck with 'Assassins Creed effin' Victory', Ubi!

Agreed

TheDownyy
01-13-2015, 11:38 PM
I had a similar issue myself and I tried the following which fixed all my problems.

Firstly, Try

1.Deleting "ACU.exe"
2.Verifying files

Your ACU.exe might have gotten corrupted during the download of the DLC, verifying your files wont replace the file because its already there in the directory which means Uplay see's it as perfectly fine. A quick delete and verify should do the trick.

TheDownyy
01-13-2015, 11:43 PM
My specifications are beyond this game. I meet all the requirements with little effort on the part of my gaming machine. This is a glitchy piece of ****.

Agreed

Ok then.

Please post your specs and just maybe your issue might be solved in a patch. I know this game has had a terrible track record so far but the only way to solve its issue is to let Ubisoft investigate and take information from its players so they can pin point the problem. If your not willing to help the dev and the community of people playing the game then I would simply suggest moving onto another game.

Best of luck to you!

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 01:38 AM
To be honest, when people say their specs should easily run it, but dont actually put the specs when asked, i just presume they dont meet the requirements.

Some people have the thought process of "It ran Black Flag at 60fps, so i should run this" even though it doesnt actually meet requirements.

And now that i have posted this, any specs you post i'll presume are lies

DanPenfold
01-14-2015, 01:43 AM
You could send a bug report in to ubisoft though ask a question thanks.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 01:47 AM
To be honest, when people say their specs should easily run it, but dont actually put the specs when asked, i just presume they dont meet the requirements.

Some people have the thought process of "It ran Black Flag at 60fps, so i should run this" even though it doesnt actually meet requirements.

And now that i have posted this, any specs you post i'll presume are lies

You can presume whatever you want. I have a quad core i-7 with a 1 year old nvidia graphics card and 16gb of ram. Of course your point is moot because I don't have any trouble with newer, more graphic heavy games.

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 01:59 AM
You can presume whatever you want. I have a quad core i-7 with a 1 year old nvidia graphics card and 16gb of ram. Of course your point is moot because I don't have any trouble with newer, more graphic heavy games.

Still waiting for the specs on that GPU

Also, what is a "newer" game than Dead Kings? It came out today.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 02:15 AM
A quad core i-7 withe an nvidia Titan and 16gigs of ram. You probably should have read my previous post. And newer as in newer games. Dead Kings came out today but it it's basically ACU. There have been newer, more graphic heavy games since.

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 02:20 AM
A quad core i-7 withe an nvidia Titan and 16gigs of ram. You probably should have read my previous post. And newer as in newer games. Dead Kings came out today but it it's basically ACU. There have been newer, more graphic heavy games since.

A Titan, of course you do, probably the best gpu on the market, I should have guessed shouldn't i...

And please, name a newer, more graphic heavy game than Unity.... I'll wait.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 02:26 AM
CoD: Advanced Warfare is one of the 2. But I'll let you continue embarrassing yourself with your baseless assumptions.

Ansellbwoy
01-14-2015, 02:31 AM
CoD: Advanced Warfare is one of the 2. But I'll let you continue embarrassing yourself with your baseless assumptions.

Call of duty, lol. First of all, unity is newer than Cod. Secondly, if u think cod is more graphic heavy than unity then I give up. What's the minimum requirements on both them games??

I'm done with this nonsense now

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Call of duty, lol. First of all, unity is newer than Cod. Secondly, if u think cod is more graphic heavy than unity then I give up. What's the minimum requirements on both them games??

I'm done with this nonsense now

Translation: I never had a point to begin with but I desperately wanted to defend this game so I really wanted to make baseless assumptions and now I've embarrassed myself so I'm going to tell everyone I'm done with the nonsense.

Good show, forum clown.

NicoParasite
01-14-2015, 03:43 AM
I dont know what you people do with your pcs,but Dead Kings is running perfect for me with no problems at all.

Wrath2Zero
01-14-2015, 07:03 AM
A Titan, of course you do, probably the best gpu on the market, I should have guessed shouldn't i...

And please, name a newer, more graphic heavy game than Unity.... I'll wait.

GTX Titan isn't that fast any more, even a GTX 970 can match and beat it and that's half the price LOL

http://i.imgur.com/L5gp3pR.gif

http://i.imgur.com/7ufrsll.gif

Anykeyer
01-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Titan is not a gaming card, its main purpose is to be cheap fully unlocked DP CUDA GPU. Gaming performance is not top priority for nvidia when they develop drivers for it, and it wasnt when they made GK110.

topeira1980
01-14-2015, 12:30 PM
1. my GPU, which is a R9 280 and BELOW the minimum specs, runs DEAD KINGS perfectly smooth on over 40fps and i have zero issues with it.

2. Unity is far more demanging than COD or Battlefield, just because a game came out later doesnt mean its more demanding. GTAV will come out in march and it isnt has demanding as unity. also i have a feeling that The witcher 3 wont be as demanding as unity is due to not having this many NPCs, i dont think TW3 have global illumination and i really dont think its AIs will be as complex since there is no stealth in that game and no complex navigation etc etc, even if TW3 looks amazing.

3. just because of points 1 and 2 are valid it doesnt mean that no one is having issues. if tdtdtdtd (how did u come up with that name!?) says he has issues than he has issues. maybe it has nothing to do with his hardware. maybe he has an ilegal game files. maybe he has bad drivers. maybe something damaged his game files. maybe there is a clash with softwares..... who knows?
post a ticket to UBI, tdtdtd. see if they can help.
i had tons of issues with unity up until AMD came out with their new drivers. same hardware different drivers and the difference was about 20fps. so hardware isnt all that counts.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Guys lets be civil please..

If you have issues running the game - please contact support with your DXdiag and MSinfo and they can see if they can help troubleshoot with you.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Already did that. They found nothing.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 01:22 PM
I've also tried offline mode, turning off overlapping or whatever, etc. I tried downgrading the current Nvidia driver.

Eagle6TB
01-14-2015, 02:00 PM
This game is JUST LUCK. My friend and I play this on xbox one. His is 100% completely fine. Not a single bug. Mine is bugged to max. Ive uninstalled both games and re installed.. still bugged to Sh*t. Im not getting way points on the map, cant open chests, cant refill my torch. cant equip weapons. list goes on and on.. it pisses me off because my Unity was fine. Now because of the DLC, everything is broken. And seeing UBISOFT track record, they probably wont do a damn thing about it.

TheDownyy
01-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Disclaimer: I am not a games developer or a 10 computer expert but I have studied computers and games through school and college as well as it being a personal hobby of mine. so I have some knowledge of computer and how they work but render process etc with the games engine, I cant speak for however I am taking a somewhat educated guess.

Right, I have to step in lol

Call of Duty doesn't even come close to Assassins Creed in terms of Graphics or CPU intensive power needed, I will explain....

Firstly, Call Of Duty only has to render one section of the game when each mission is selected for example, the first mission will be rendered but the rest of the game doesnt have to be render until it reaches that point in the game. Before you get confused with what I'm saying, I'm not talking about the mission itself, I am talking about the scene which the mission takes place within. Now when you compare that to Assassins Creed Unity.... ACU, renders the entire map however that's when LOD models etc take effect(I presume you know what LOD-ing is?) and in comparison to COD thats far more.(I have created an simple image below to help you understand the scale of what ends to be rendered in both games at one time)

http://s17.postimg.org/pj0hwzv2z/Untitled_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/pj0hwzv2z/)

Secondly, I dont see Call of Duty having hundreds.thousands of people on screen at any one time.

Lastly, the Assassins Creed Dev's have put a lot of intense Nvidia based features within the game, I know these can be disabled to improve the frame-rate however alot of people will ignore disabling these features because they would argue that that's how the dev's intended the game to be played.

Overall, ACU has a hell of lot more processing to do as well as tell a better storyline and character development than any COD out there(IMO). To not realise how impressive this game is(visually) then your in denial. ACU is by far one of the best looking titles of 2014.

Ohhh side note.....tdtdtdtd, If your running an i7 with a Titan and performance in rubbish then I would seriously consider taking your card back and replacing it because with a computer rig like yours, you shouldn't be having problems(even if the game itself is badly optimized). I tried helping you in terms of fixing a issue etc but with those specs.. i cant. I have a rig i7 4790k, EVGA 780 3Gb SC, 24GB Ram and I'm running this game at 40FPS(playable).

TheDownyy
01-14-2015, 06:00 PM
I've also tried offline mode, turning off overlapping or whatever, etc. I tried downgrading the current Nvidia driver.

1. my GPU, which is a R9 280 and BELOW the minimum specs, runs DEAD KINGS perfectly smooth on over 40fps and i have zero issues with it.

2. Unity is far more demanging than COD or Battlefield, just because a game came out later doesnt mean its more demanding. GTAV will come out in march and it isnt has demanding as unity. also i have a feeling that The witcher 3 wont be as demanding as unity is due to not having this many NPCs, i dont think TW3 have global illumination and i really dont think its AIs will be as complex since there is no stealth in that game and no complex navigation etc etc, even if TW3 looks amazing.

3. just because of points 1 and 2 are valid it doesnt mean that no one is having issues. if tdtdtdtd (how did u come up with that name!?) says he has issues than he has issues. maybe it has nothing to do with his hardware. maybe he has an ilegal game files. maybe he has bad drivers. maybe something damaged his game files. maybe there is a clash with softwares..... who knows?
post a ticket to UBI, tdtdtd. see if they can help.
i had tons of issues with unity up until AMD came out with their new drivers. same hardware different drivers and the difference was about 20fps. so hardware isnt all that counts.

I would agree with topeira1980 completely!

Tdtdtdtd, please don't take my "lectures"(lmao) in the wrong way, I'm not saying your wrong and the game is perfect. I am clearly pointing out a few educated assumptions.

I want to ask you a question again and please be serious, Are you a FPS guy? meaning if the game doesnt run at 60fps, its broke to you? because if you are then I'll be doing nothing to combat this and your never going to change your mind about this game simply because every guy I know that says 30 FPS etc... isnt playable(which it is but not for certain games such as battlefield or call of duty)

TheDownyy
01-14-2015, 06:04 PM
This is great research on your part!

Tdtdtdtd, I would argue that the titan is a little more powerful than the benchmarks posted only because I've researched GPU before(benchmarks, fps within games etc...) and everytime I get a new card it turns out to be more powerful than the researched claimed.

Overall, I would say that this chart is brilliant and definitely worth some consideration :D

Sdwakias
01-14-2015, 06:36 PM

i7, Titan and 16GBs of RAM? Who do you think will believe you? Noone... Do you know why? Because you are saying something that is clearly a lie. And in the end, Titan might be powerful, but it's not that good with DirectX11-only games, or games in general. Speeds and VRam are NOT the only important factors in a GPU.

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Nobody believes me because it's clearly a lie? Are you going to provide any evidence for this or continue looking stupid?

tdtdtdtd
01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
I would agree with topeira1980 completely!

Tdtdtdtd, please don't take my "lectures"(lmao) in the wrong way, I'm not saying your wrong and the game is perfect. I am clearly pointing out a few educated assumptions.

I want to ask you a question again and please be serious, Are you a FPS guy? meaning if the game doesnt run at 60fps, its broke to you? because if you are then I'll be doing nothing to combat this and your never going to change your mind about this game simply because every guy I know that says 30 FPS etc... isnt playable(which it is but not for certain games such as battlefield or call of duty)

What? Lol. I've mentioned that my game is "broke" because it crashes to desktop every 2-3 minutes. It's not broke if it's an FPS issue, that would be a stuttering issue. And yes, I have a gaming monster, despite what the moron above me thinks.

Ryk_Feral
01-15-2015, 12:24 AM
Nobody believes me because it's clearly a lie? Are you going to provide any evidence for this or continue looking stupid?

Just ignore them.
Still a lot of people here acting that way.
They'll "always know best" so no point bothering to argue against them, just ignore them.

Ansellbwoy
01-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Just ignore them.
Still a lot of people here acting that way.
They'll "always know best" so no point bothering to argue against them, just ignore them.

Ignore them? Most people on here are having a debate. There is only one person in this thread calling people "Stupid" "morons" "clowns"

Im all for healthy debate, and maybe i went too far in some of this thread. But i made valid points and was met with nothing more than abuse to be honest.

Ryk_Feral
01-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Then you should just ignore this thread as well.
Easy solution.

Ansellbwoy
01-15-2015, 01:36 AM
I agree