PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server, CPU usage is bothering me

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:05 PM
This thing bothers me... i had 10 ppl last night on my dedicated server and CPU usage was somewhat acceptable... about 10-30% ...while with say 5 ppl it`s like 4-8%... But, i think it has something to do with ground objects being destroyed... I don`t know why, but it starts writing output to the console like crazy when someone start destroying ground objects ... I/O is incredible high and CPU shoots up to 70-80% or even 100%. Not good IMO. I will not stop bothering Maddox until Dedicated server code is revisited /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .

Wildhoney did so much in fixing all this disaster...but his abilities are very limited due to locked source code in dedicated server... Ack..if he could only get his hands on it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:05 PM
This thing bothers me... i had 10 ppl last night on my dedicated server and CPU usage was somewhat acceptable... about 10-30% ...while with say 5 ppl it`s like 4-8%... But, i think it has something to do with ground objects being destroyed... I don`t know why, but it starts writing output to the console like crazy when someone start destroying ground objects ... I/O is incredible high and CPU shoots up to 70-80% or even 100%. Not good IMO. I will not stop bothering Maddox until Dedicated server code is revisited /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .

Wildhoney did so much in fixing all this disaster...but his abilities are very limited due to locked source code in dedicated server... Ack..if he could only get his hands on it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 05:52 PM
Probably particle calculations from the explosions.

I hope that the powers that be decide to rework the dedicated server.

It seems amatuerish of Ubi to try to force thier [$$$ black hole] gaming service on everyone. No developer would dream of limiting its' users to something as bad as USGS.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Here, here and we waited 2 years for what we got.