PDA

View Full Version : Rate Dead Kings story(SPOILERS)

dimbismp
01-13-2015, 10:04 AM
So did you like the story of DK?
How long was it?
PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS!

topeira1980
01-13-2015, 10:15 AM
i dont think it's out yet. even if it is - do you think ppl just finish it in one hour and come back to report?

anyway, how can i DL the DLC when it's out? also, when will it come out in the middle east?

dimbismp
01-13-2015, 12:31 PM
i dont think it's out yet. even if it is - do you think ppl just finish it in one hour and come back to report?

anyway, how can i DL the DLC when it's out? also, when will it come out in the middle east?

It comes out today for XO and PC and tommorow for PS4.Also,it supposedly takes around 3 hours to complete the main story,so some of the people may actually finish it today

Captain Tomatoz
01-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Seems to be a bit of a glitch fest so far. I keep falling through walls and getting stuck. And I am unable to progress because it won't let me refill the lantern.

Edit: I was being an idiot about the lantern, just forgot the controls.

RA503
01-13-2015, 05:00 PM
I beat the main history of DLC : The DLC is awesome the best in the series but : the plot have varios WTF and unexplained moments, ghosts simply exist in the series universe now ? oh, I forged, logic is a nerd thing if a supernatural element is *** pulled is art ''magical realism'', and egypt is hardly implied as a setting but we already know about victory I very confused now.

pineal_gland
01-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Horrible ending...it was even worse than AC unity's main story ending.

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Horrible ending...it was even worse than AC unity's main story ending.
Nothing can be worse than "Ohp, all of this was useless, you're useless".....unless.....

VestigialLlama4
01-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Nothing can be worse than "Ohp, all of this was useless, you're useless".....unless.....

Believe it is even worse. Far and away the worst AC-DLC yet, a Tomb Level trifurcated into five or six parts, with original gameplay taken from Zelda's Twilight Princess (the Lantern and Refill part) and one variation from God of War III. It has no pay-off in terms of Arno's story, it actually muddles parts of UNITY even more, if that's possible.

Anyway, it's free but I can't believe people seriously planned to charge money for this. Such shoddiness, lack of imagination, guts. And by the way, "darkest story of the Franchise"...no that's still Freedom Cry where we saw a slave-ship shipwreck around us with hundreds drowning with them.

The level of mendacity and deceit displayed by Unity and its developers is unimaginably appaling.

pineal_gland
01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
"darkest story of the Franchise"

but..but....it was all foggy everywhere! Didn't you notice?!

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Believe it is even worse. Far and away the worst AC-DLC yet, a Tomb Level trifurcated into five or six parts, with original gameplay taken from Zelda's Twilight Princess (the Lantern and Refill part) and one variation from God of War III. It has no pay-off in terms of Arno's story, it actually muddles parts of UNITY even more, if that's possible.

Anyway, it's free but I can't believe people seriously planned to charge money for this. Such shoddiness, lack of imagination, guts. And by the way, "darkest story of the Franchise"...no that's still Freedom Cry where we saw a slave-ship shipwreck around us with hundreds drowning with them.

The level of mendacity and deceit displayed by Unity and its developers is unimaginably appaling.
Come on, Lama hehehe, you know I wont just believe you like that. We already disagree on so many things, chief among them is that there's nothing worse than what Bishop said, so.

bitebug2003
01-13-2015, 05:59 PM
This is a multiple choice poll?

RA503
01-13-2015, 06:24 PM
I love the zelda nostalgia.

Who is the lady Eve that the guy says in the ending after you kill him ?

Captain Tomatoz
01-13-2015, 06:32 PM
I love the zelda nostalgia.

Who is the lady Eve that the guy says in the ending after you kill him ?

Possibly the same eve that liberation talks about?

RA503
01-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Possibly the same eve that liberation talks about?

maybe the possible villain of victory ? darby said in twiter those days that a female sage don't is a bad idea...

dimbismp
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
So many people claim that DK not only clears up things like:
-Arno and the Brotherhood
-Arno and Napoleon
-Arno and his watch (if you know what i mean)

but also makes the story more confusing!Please tell me it is not true...(no spoilers please)

Also:Arno going to Egypt+Napoleonic Wars=Arno sequel=/=ACVictory----->WTF UBI?
Again please use spoiler tags if needed

MontrossXGMR
01-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Dead Kings is the worst AC DLC i have ever played. It is even more boring and pointless than the main game itself

VestigialLlama4
01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
So many people claim that DK not only clears up things like:
-Arno and the Brotherhood
-Arno and Napoleon
-Arno and his watch (if you know what i mean)

but also makes the story more confusing!Please tell me it is not true...(no spoilers please)

Also:Arno going to Egypt+Napoleonic Wars=Arno sequel=/=ACVictory----->WTF UBI?
Again please use spoiler tags if needed

I am afraid that is true, the story makes even less than before.

Anyway, regarding your question in the spoiler tag? I think it's a refutation of an Arno sequel. He's not going anywhere, that's clear at the end.

Bastiaen
01-14-2015, 04:35 PM
As predicted, the community is negative. Always. Dead Kings brought back some of my favorite things about the series, including more First Civ aftifacts, unanswered questions, and opportunites for speculation. I'm amused at people criticizing DK for having unanswered questions, since that was the hallmark of the Ezio trilogy. People are so predictable.

acbigfan
01-15-2015, 04:16 AM
Did anyone else notice that at the end Arno said give this to Al Mualim?

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 04:23 AM
Did anyone else notice that at the end Arno said give this to Al Mualim?
Mentor in Arabic. He's still dead.

Journey93
01-15-2015, 04:39 AM
As predicted, the community is negative. Always. Dead Kings brought back some of my favorite things about the series, including more First Civ aftifacts, unanswered questions, and opportunites for speculation. I'm amused at people criticizing DK for having unanswered questions, since that was the hallmark of the Ezio trilogy. People are so predictable.

yeah but we got more games with Ezio and since we know that Arno won't get another game (they abandoned the whole multiple games with same protag idea some time ago) its just frustrating
So what we are predictable because we don't have the same opinion as you? fanboys are predictable

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:09 AM
I haven't completed Dead Kings' story yet, but I've enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it's pretty short.

acbigfan
01-15-2015, 06:11 AM
Mentor in Arabic. He's still dead.

yea i knew it meant mentor in arabic, but just felt so wrong for him saying it. Like how he said rest in peace in Italian rather than french. Although I do wonder who the mentor in Egypt is

Exodusith
01-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I was going to post a review, but most of it would have been covered by my main review of Unity - previously posted.

Dead Kings is ok. Not great, not terrible.

What I liked:

That we were focused back on First Civilisation content, and a nice closure to the French story.

That we have a link to Egypt, a very popular choice for a setting. Just who is Al-Mualim?

That Eve was mentioned. May be an unrelated individual, but I happen to think it is THE Eve. Who else would be after such an artifact after all?

What I disliked:

Found it impossible to stealth in the caverns. Just ended up killing wave after wave of enemies which got tiresome.

The Lantern and puzzles were a bit too much for me. In a series reknowned for being able to move fast and freely, these just slowed me down and felt unnecessary.

The architecture of the temple was nothing like the First Civilisation designs of old. What happened to the futuristic sharp lines? This felt too gothic and out of place honestly.

After the whole of France seems after the artifact, Arno just passes it blindly over and entrusts a random courier to deliver it. Really? lol.

Had a few sound glitches, but all was ok until I returned to Paris. Then Arno became unresponsive once loaded. Oh Ubi... :p

HeJePi
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Like how he said rest in peace in Italian rather than french.

"Requiescat in pace" is latin, not Italian ...

Both French and Italian language have their roots in Latin ;)

French "Repose en paix"
Italian "Riposi in pace"

EmptyCrustacean
01-22-2015, 03:46 AM
but..but....it was all foggy everywhere! Didn't you notice?!

lol

But seriously, just completed it and wow. So much cringe. Arno uttering 'Requiescat in Pace'... ugh. He's not Ezio! He will never be Ezio! Let it go, Ubisoft!
Or how about when he said 'I will find a way. For I am an Assassin' Wut? you were kicked out of the Brotherhood. You never respected their creed or conditions. You were willing to avenge a Templar and never questioned his practices nor cared if the targets were Templars or not as long as you got your revenge. Now you're a mourning, layabout ready to leave Paris because your girlfriend (who ever even loved you) died and only decided to save France because some 7 year old made you feel bad about it. 'Assassin' in name only.