PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Still Enjoy Unity as Much as I Do?

Private Plasma
01-12-2015, 09:36 PM
I brought Unity at the start of 2015 and I have very much enjoyed it, I got Black Flag for Chrissy (my first AC) and brought Unity afterwards and I still enjoy playing it, I'm up to a the King of Beggers level or something (start of sequence 4) and I spent more time doing co-op missions and running around Paris, does anyone still enjoy Unity?

P.S Only bug I encountered was trying to start up Initiates and couldn't move

dargor5
01-12-2015, 09:40 PM
To answer your question, yes.

This week is the release of dead kings so more reason to keep on playing for me

Private Plasma
01-12-2015, 09:44 PM
This week is the release of dead kings so more reason to keep on playing for me[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna play it even though I haven't finished the story (Up to Sequence 4) and I just want the new outfits and The Eagle of Sugar sword, not sure if Ubi will make the outfits unlockable and the gear unlockable, outfits probably unlockable from the start, not the gear. My favourite is the Raider Outfit, I think the hat for military one lets it down

DanPenfold
01-12-2015, 09:44 PM
It could do with more updates and patches. These games all ways end up needing more updates and dlc but for some reason they are not going to be doing this anymore witch kind of sucks. :P

Private Plasma
01-12-2015, 09:47 PM
It could do with more updates and patches. These games all ways end up needing more updates and dlc but for some reason they are not going to be doing this anymore witch kind of sucks. :P
Probably focusing their efforts on Victory.... wait a sec... I have an idea: What if Prince Albert was a Templar and you had to assassinate him, and back on topic, if I get bored of Unity I always have Destiny (which is getting a bit boring)

DanPenfold
01-12-2015, 10:33 PM
For destiny, there is an update at midnight, same as far cry 4. But going back on topic. Victory. Is going to be done by a different ubisoft studio team. That is what I think might happen. I still wonder where it will be tho. But i hope it's a bit better the Unity.

Ansellbwoy
01-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Yeah, still loving the game, and ive had it since release. Near 100% progress, and timed it nicely that i have only just finished the main story today, ready for the new DLC.

Altair1789
01-13-2015, 01:50 AM
Probably focusing their efforts on Victory.... wait a sec... I have an idea: What if Prince Albert was a Templar and you had to assassinate him, and back on topic, if I get bored of Unity I always have Destiny (which is getting a bit boring)

They have a lot of people so they can work on Victory, Unity, and a lot of other projects all at the same time. Which is why they can start an AC game years before release

For destiny, there is an update at midnight, same as far cry 4. But going back on topic. Victory. Is going to be done by a different ubisoft studio team. That is what I think might happen. I still wonder where it will be tho. But i hope it's a bit better the Unity.

They said Quebec

To answer your question, OP, I think the game is really fun and it's definitely accomplished a lot. There are so many of those little things that make a game realistic. That's not saying the game is completely realistic, but it's a fun game

BoBwUzHeRe1138
01-13-2015, 03:21 AM
Yup. I'm where you are. King of Beggars, start of Seq. 4.

I've been having a blast exploring Paris, completing a few Nostradamus Riddles which really remind me of the good ol' AC2 days and the visual puzzles left by Subject 16. They're obviously different in that Arno actually did these as opposed to Desmond using the Animus to find hidden things left behind by someone who essentially hacked the animus so to speak. But both involve glyphs and puzzles of a sort. They've been ranging from very easy to ones that stump me for a short while and I'm currently on one that has me absolutely stumped. And it's supposed to be an EASY ONE! I refuse to actually look up walkthroughs for them though lol

I haven't tried any of the co-op yet and I haven't even touched some of the other side missions like the Paris Stories or Murder Mysteries. Unity has gotten a lot better with it's ambient random events such as muggings and thugs scaring civilians. I find it a little odd and silly that you chase the thief down, tackle him...and that's it. Free to go. Keep the money, walk away. Ah well, better than nothing.

But there's an okay amount of variety: fighting thugs/criminals and rescuing civilians, chasing down and tackling thieves, stealthily taking out a messenger (probably my least fave as apparently it doesn't count if you kill his guards silently and without alert but the idea is neat and following on the roofs with the phantom blade is still not terrible), intimidating thugs, etc. They technically aren't considered the crowd events or whatever but the random fights that spring out between the different factions is also cool and so to me it still counts as a random event regardless. Not as robust or plentiful or in depth as the ones in Red Dead Redemption or Spider-Man 2 but decent. They've gotten a lot better.

I've also been collecting the cockades and treasure chests, getting new outfits (my favorites so far being the various Prowler coats -- I just wish there was a version of the long, ankle-length Prowler coat (I think it's the Improved version) but with the the front of the Tailored version, I'm not as into the 3 rows of buttons of the Improved variant. Can;t wait to complete some of the Heists and Co-op missions by myself just to unlock the new outfit pieces and then try them out with actual other people. I'm looking forward to getting Arno's Tailored coat which is one of my favorites.

This is the AC I've wanted since after 2. It's what I had hoped AC3 would be but then we got Brotherhood, Revelations which played pretty much exactly like 2 and then 3 was a mess. It's beautiful and plays really well. I'm glad I got it after it fixed a lot of the major issues.

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm on my second time playing it through, love the parkour it got smoother in the last update. I didn't have the problems that some people talked about when I first got it on release day. I'm trying different weapons and stuff this time around. Take away some of these problems people had and fix them... it's a pretty fun game.

Jackdaw951
01-13-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm still enjoying it somewhat. I've finished the story, and solved all the enigmas. There are odd and ends left, like many side missions, but those all have been blurring into each other for a while now, and I'm not terribly motivated to do them. Dead Kings should bring me back in full force for a bit. It's downloading now . . .

Hans684
01-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Just watched Dead Kings, saved Arno but not MD. A couple of lines and again no progress in the narrative.

SearStingray157
01-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I 'finished' the game a couple of weeks back at 98%, have been spending a bit of time on the companion app since (that part I do not enjoy). I just started downloading Dead Kings and I can't wait to play the game tonight. I have really enjoyed this game.

essbeebee
01-13-2015, 09:39 PM
@OP yes :)

buzbuz33
01-13-2015, 10:34 PM
Sure there were glitches, but I appreciate the effort that went into creating and populating the city. The buildings are fantastic and generally easier to get around in that in previous games. They have spent a lot of time creating little vignettes with people doing various things, selling their wares and beheading the royals. Somewhat fun to watch and see if you can disrupt their routines by throwing coins or bumping into them. And I think it is great that the COOP missions use the same environment - rather than completely separate arenas. The design team definitely deserves an award for this groundbreaking effort and for the time spent on all those little touches of realism.