PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Weekly Hit List - Jan. 12 Club Competition Details

UbiJustin
01-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Assassins!

A new week, a new club competition! Please find the details for this week's Club Competition right here (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-190373-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32).

This week is the Lock and Key event. Participate in the Catacomb Raider Heist, and Kill Jacques Roux co-op mission for this event.

http://i.imgur.com/icQvrjQ.png (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-190373-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Follow the link above for a peek at next week's hit list.

Best of luck assassins!

-Johkr

Agent_Rainbow
01-12-2015, 07:49 PM
What about the alternate methods for acquiring Club Competition gear that YOU stated would be hopefully launched today? I NEED my medieval equipment!!!

Bookeworm
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM
According to your post here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981323-Hackers-in-club-competition/page6?

"We believe we’ve found a way to resolve this issue for the current and future Club Competitions. We won’t reveal the precise method, however, so as not to create further vulnerabilities. We won’t be able to apply these procedures retroactively, so the results of the two prior Club Competitions will remain; however, we’re planning to launch the alternate acquisition methods for Club Competition-locked Legendary Gear on Monday, January 12 and that should render any remaining concerns moot. Apologies for any confusion or worry… we’ll continue to monitor this situation as we proceed with future Club Competitions. Happy hunting Assassins!"

When will that be in effect? These club competitions have been extremely frustrating on Xbox One, especially since I was never even given the first reward since the servers went down. I have tickets into support that have never been responded to.

SHADOWGARVIN
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
What about the alternate methods for acquiring Club Competition gear that YOU stated would be hopefully launched today?

I was just going to ask the same thing.

UbiJustin
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
What about the alternate methods for acquiring Club Competition gear that YOU stated would be hopefully launched today? I NEED my medieval equipment!!!

We will be unlocking them in order of the club competition reward. So today we will be unlocking the reward for the first club competition, the Legendary Sans-Culottes Coat.

EDIT: We haven't posted this yet as we're confirming with the production team when it has been unlocked. But I will be posting when it is live.

Okapi_23
01-12-2015, 08:25 PM
We will be unlocking them in order of the club competition reward. So today we will be unlocking the reward for the first club competition, the Legendary Sans-Culottes Coat.

EDIT: We haven't posted this yet as we're confirming with the production team when it has been unlocked. But I will be posting when it is live.

Thank you!!!

Agent_Rainbow
01-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Why can't you lot just unlock everything? A tiny minority of people like these stupid competitions. I thought I left endless grinding for gear behind when I traded in Destiny. At this rate it'll be eons before I get my full legendary medieval set :'(

PissedMoreBlood
01-12-2015, 08:28 PM

So how is this gonna work from now on? Are you just gonna open access to each item two weeks after it being a club competition reward? Not to nitpick, but one of the biggest concerns over the locked gear is the time frame....

SHADOWGARVIN
01-12-2015, 08:52 PM

That's fantastic! I was worried I would never be able to get the prior rewards.

Altair1789
01-12-2015, 08:53 PM
So how is this gonna work from now on? Are you just gonna open access to each item two weeks after it being a club competition reward? Not to nitpick, but one of the biggest concerns over the locked gear is the time frame....

This is what I thought too. I think just letting us buy the legendary items and making the CC rewards boosts would be the best path for Ubi, but that's just my opinion

Agent_Rainbow
01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
This is what I thought too. I think just letting us buy the legendary items and making the CC rewards boosts would be the best path for Ubi, but that's just my opinion
This

doktrin
01-12-2015, 11:01 PM

come on guys, this is just nonsense

what is the point with dangling these rewards in front of people's noses for 2 months? just stop. no-one likes these stupid club competitions, and everyone just wants to play with the damn gear. This isn't WoW and I at least don't derive some kind of fulfilling pleasure from farming maps for effing creed points for weeks on end.

please unlock the gear already...

Agent_Rainbow
01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
come on guys, this is just nonsense

what is the point with dangling these rewards in front of people's noses for 2 months? just stop. no-one likes these stupid club competitions, and everyone just wants to play with the damn gear. This isn't WoW and I at least don't derive some kind of fulfilling pleasure from farming maps for effing creed points for weeks on end.

please unlock the gear already...

The way Ubisoft has done things with Unity is completely shambolic

beastrock18
01-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Yep, every time I try to defend Unity to myself I am reminded of the continuing failures, like the app, initiates, and now the utterly unforgivably long wait to unlock the vast majority of the high level gear.

Assassin's Creed is not an MMO. The completely broken or nonsensical morass of external subsystems attached to this game is such a shame.

Agent_Rainbow
01-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Yep, every time I try to defend Unity to myself I am reminded of the continuing failures, like the app, initiates, and now the utterly unforgivably long wait to unlock the vast majority of the high level gear.

Assassin's Creed is not an MMO. The completely broken or nonsensical morass of external subsystems attached to this game is such a shame.

If I hadn't have bought the Guillotine edition, the game would have been traded in long ago. I'm definitely not pre-ordering Victory (or any future game for that matter)

doktrin
01-12-2015, 11:33 PM
If I hadn't have bought the Guillotine edition, the game would have been traded in long ago. I'm definitely not pre-ordering Victory (or any future game for that matter)

Ditto. I feel like this legendary gear lockout nonsense is just the last straw.

It's obviously trivial in the grand scheme of things, but this is gear I've been waiting to check out for 2 months now... and to be told I'll have to wait *another* 2 months to collect it just feels like a massive slap in the face.

I'm not a ****ing hamster, ubisoft. please stop asking me to run on your silly club competition stationary wheel. I'm sure there are plenty of crappy MMO's out there if I want to literally waste my life, I never thought I was purchasing one when I picked up ACU.

GoldenBoy9999
01-13-2015, 12:07 AM
Well that's good news to hear. I didn't know how I was supposed to get some of the equipment pieces as I haven't been following Club Competitions closely. Hopefully the requirement won't be too hard, because it is definitely challenging to win a club comp in which the main reward is a single legendary piece.

Carch
01-13-2015, 12:32 AM

You have GOT to be kidding me. I've spent over $100 on this game, and waited MONTHS for access to all the content. GIVE ME THE CONTENT I PAID FOR.

GalakFyarr
01-13-2015, 01:19 AM

Oh for crying out loud, who runs this s***?

Who is it that comes up with these awful ideas? Do you really think people are going to keep playing Unity every week, replaying the same ******* mission over and over and over again just to have a chance (a CHANCE) at unlocking an item?

Unlock everything. Heck, raise the prices 500%, no, make them all 1 million Livres I don't give a ****, at least I'd be grinding the heists for a reason, but UNLOCK ALL OF IT AT ONCE.

, club competitions is just replaying the same ******* heist over and over again to

- earn a ton of livres you can't spend on anything
- earn a ton of creed points you can't spend on anything (unless you win, I guess, then you get to spend some to upgrade the gear you got for free).
- the chance to win items that would just make it "easier" to... replay the same missions over and over and over...

Who in their right mind still enjoys this? Who Is going to keep doing this until 2016 to get their last item?

Why? Why is this stuff locked in the first place. This is a single player and co-op game. Getting the best gear doesn't give any competitive advantages because there is no competitive side to the multiplayer (except of course this artificial club competition), what purpose does it have to lock out the best gear for MONTHS, if not to force people to keep playing your game.

Why can't you just make a good game and let us enjoy it. It's all we ask, and it's all we pay 60€ for. Why do you feel th need to force us to come back? All you're doing is taking out the fun of the co-Op missions by making us replay them over and obver and over again for basically NOTHING.

For the love of God, UNLOCK ALL THE BLOODY GEAR NOW.

RADAR__4077
01-13-2015, 03:06 AM
So... do we have to do all of the goals or just one of them? Does first place count for anything?

Also if I just wait 3 weeks will I still get the gear without the grinding?

DracoLeviathan
01-13-2015, 10:56 AM

Who is it that comes up with these awful ideas? Do you really think people are going to keep playing Unity every week, replaying the same ******* mission over and over and over again just to have a chance (a CHANCE) at unlocking an item?

Unlock everything. Heck, raise the prices 500%, no, make them all 1 million Livres I don't give a ****, at least I'd be grinding the heists for a reason, but UNLOCK ALL OF IT AT ONCE.

, club competitions is just replaying the same ******* heist over and over again to

- earn a ton of creed points you can't spend on anything (unless you win, I guess, then you get to spend some to upgrade the gear you got for free).
- the chance to win items that would just make it "easier" to... replay the same missions over and over and over...

Who in their right mind still enjoys this? Who Is going to keep doing this until 2016 to get their last item?

Why? Why is this stuff locked in the first place. This is a single player and co-op game. Getting the best gear doesn't give any competitive advantages because there is no competitive side to the multiplayer (except of course this artificial club competition), what purpose does it have to lock out the best gear for MONTHS, if not to force people to keep playing your game.

Why can't you just make a good game and let us enjoy it. It's all we ask, and it's all we pay 60€ for. Why do you feel th need to force us to come back? All you're doing is taking out the fun of the co-Op missions by making us replay them over and obver and over again for basically NOTHING.

I don't normally resort to angry rants and cursing on forums to get my point across, but this ^^^... SO SO MUCH. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more obsessed with and dedicated to the entire franchise than I am. So why do this sort of stuff to fans who are equally obssessed as I?

Only the Hardcore fans are going to participate to the extent required to unlock these items, and those same people are the only ones getting boned for their dedication. There are so many other ways to incentivize players to participate in Club competitions besides locking them off from gear that has no bearing on other players. I just... I mean... C'mon! Give us a break, guys.

Johkr, take a stand in the office. Walk straight up to whichever superior at Ubisoft is forcing this down our throats and tell him that as a community rep, you can't see a positive to this current setup, and that none of us find it enjoyable. It's ruining how fun the co-op elements were initially. Our positive memories of the experience will be overshadowed by recollections of grinding for hours on end to acquire simple cosmetic options which make us look and feel like the badass assassin you want us to be.

Agent_Rainbow
01-13-2015, 02:17 PM
[Mod edit: Removed for profanity. You can get your point across without being a jerk]

xPLAY3R1x
01-13-2015, 03:53 PM
So, what you are saying is for those of us who bought a primarily SINGLE PLAYER game that we can't access the gear we want e.g. Legendary Prowler coat, to enjoy said SP game?!

This is absolutely ridiculous and insulting to long-time fans (like me) of the series.

I even bought Unity on three major platforms (XB1, PS4 and PC) just because I am a AC Nerd, yet I can't access what I (and others) really want until these stupid, forced Social Interaction, AI Slayfest CC are over?!

You know, I could see it if there was some kind of forced microtransactions in the CC, but there isn't. I wouldn't like it, but I could understand the corporate mentality if this were the case. But it's not. So, how does locking out gear for a mostly SP game benefit Ubisoft in any meaningful a.k.a. monetary way? It doesn't.

I realize UBISoft's main target demo is probably 8-15, who not only find it fun killing mindless AI to unlock things that should already be unlocked in a game their parents paid for, but as my username suggests, I am an adult who has limited gaming time. I have a real social life, but not one that revolves around video games. I didn't buy a MMO, so stop treating Unity like it is one. Just unlock all the gear, slap million livre prices on it and let us decide what we want to use and when we want to use it in the game we already paid for!

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 04:11 PM
We were told that the clubs affected by the a club in their group with the 2 billion point glitch would be fixed today - is there any word on when this will happen?

Furthermore, will points earned before the fix is done be applied or will the scores just completely reset?

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 04:29 PM

So basically there is a 3 week delay to purchase each piece from the point where it was available in the club competitions.?.

UbiSoft appears to be doing their best to really undermine the competitions. Between not providing any in-game club management tools, any type of leader board or club ranking, no difference in the rewards based on division advancement, the glitches with the in-game scores and now just giving the stuff people were playing the competitions to earn, they have pretty much made it a totally senseless exercise as far as a growing majority of my own club members are concerned.

The only reply we get as to why we should continue to run the competitions is for the fun and bragging rights... seriously? the fun of grinding the same missions over and over, for a reward that can just be purchased and bragging rights to something that only those in your own club can confirm to be true or not. Not a good approach to this by any means. You could not have killed this any faster with a phantom blade dart guys.

TheTrainJob
01-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Assassins!

A new week, a new club competition! Please find the details for this week's Club Competition right here (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-190373-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32).

This week is the Lock and Key event. Participate in the Catacomb Raider Heist, and Kill Jacques Roux co-op mission for this event.

http://i.imgur.com/icQvrjQ.png (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-190373-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Follow the link above for a peek at next week's hit list.

Best of luck assassins!

-Johkr

You guys still haven't even fixed the hacking that is ruining the club comps, and everyone ****ing hates the club comps anyway, except for a handful of people out of tens of thousands. Just unlock all the ****ing gear and let us buy it. This game was advertised as letting us play to our own strengths and style, but that's a complete lie until you make it so that we have reasonable means of unlocking the gear we want. After all the buggy bs we've put up with, it seems there's no end in sight of the crapfest that you've sold us.

I'm done with the club comps, I will not do like the winners of all the CCs and club hop to get on a winning club. This game seriously deserves a Ubisoft boycott as a response by the community. You folks have spent every last ounce of loyalty and goodwill your customers had towards you with this micro-transaction laced grindfest of a game. The real shame of it is there's a good game hiding in there, but it's completely lost in the pile of cash grab corporate dung it was served with.

Best of luck winning back your once extremely loyal fans such as myself, Ubisoft!

RADAR__4077
01-13-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm glad the majority of people is finally waking up. I have been 100% against this B.S. from the start. There is no reason to continue this nonsense.

What I don't understand is why Ubisoft is so hell-bent on keeping this gear locked behind the comps. Was it a "special assignment" given to the CEO's son or something? They are not fun, and do not benefit Ubisoft in any way, shape, or form so what are they thinking?

All they doing is testing the patience of the people who have been loyal customers up to this point.

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
All they doing is testing the patience of the people who have been loyal customers up to this point.

It is not only that, there are people that really wanted to see these competitions be something worth doing, to be able to compete and see their efforts reflected against other clubs, to spend time together to earn items that felt worthy of the effort. Did we care that others that did not want to play co-op also had an alternate path to acquire these - no, everyone has their own way of enjoying the game, but to continue to do things and leave problems persist without correction is indicative to the company either not understanding what the players wanted out of this aspect, or not caring. The competitions could have been such an awesome alternative to solo play, it could have brought people around the world together to enjoy what many had waited for for years in an AC game, and the way it is set up, and the way it rewards its members just works against itself to the point that players simply do not want to put in the effort anymore.

RADAR__4077
01-13-2015, 05:12 PM
It is not only that, there are people that really wanted to see these competitions be something worth doing, to be able to compete and see their efforts reflected against other clubs, to spend time together to earn items that felt worthy of the effort. Did we care that others that did not want to play co-op also had an alternate path to acquire these - no, everyone has their own way of enjoying the game, but to continue to do things and leave problems persist without correction is indicative to the company either not understanding what the players wanted out of this aspect, or not caring. The competitions could have been such an awesome alternative to solo play, it could have brought people around the world together to enjoy what many had waited for for years in an AC game, and the way it is set up, and the way it rewards its members just works against itself to the point that players simply do not want to put in the effort anymore.

It's pretty bad when even the people who supported the idea are sick of it already in week 4... I guess week 1 was delayed 2 months, but that actually makes it worse!

Wake the **** up Ubisoft!!! You're not making any friends!

TheTrainJob
01-13-2015, 05:22 PM

^^^^ This. A thousand times this. I have nothing to spend my ****amn livres on without being able to purchase the legendary gear that fits my play style. What the hell is the point of earning so much cash when only the legendary equipment is expensive enough to matter. Everything else is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

doktrin
01-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I don't understand why you're being a jerkface about this.

Is it for the money? You're not really making anything off this failboat.

Is it for the lulz? I hope you don't hate us that much, cuz we don't hate you <3 :)

Is it to make us wish for microtransactions? You know, this almost makes sense. It would be appropriately meta, given that the antagonists in this very game wanted to terrorize the citizenry into being fearful of freedom and self direction.

Is that it? Do you want us to clamor for helix points because we're just so terrified of the alternative? Dude, mission f***ing accomplished. Sign me right up. I would way f***ing rather have paid out of pocket for this crap back in October instead of waiting until the summer of 2015 (for gear that should have been unlocked in the first place).

So you know what? I give in to your demands, Abstergo. I'll purchase the s**t out of your nonsense free-to-play helix crap points. I don't even care that this is a full priced $60 AAA game. Just let the damn gear go already.

Sincerely,

John Q Gamer

P.S. the first place club in my current competition has 2 billion points. Now I think you're just showing off :p

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I have 65 members that 'don't get it either". We have been in a roughly 2 day long discussion that included several other club leaders and their members about what to do with these competitions and whether or not there is even a 2-week long future in them. This is so sad considering that these same members churned out over 9 million points a few weeks ago, and over 6 million last week.

To be honest, as a club we took steps to overcome the failures and inherent faults of the club competitions early on. We sought out and developed an independent club management site and even developed tools to track and record member activity since the game lacked these. We discovered alternate ways and trained our members to score higher points in activities other than those offered in the weekly events so that we could run missions other than the same two every week to stave off burnout that seemed to be designed into the length of the competition and the approach to scoring. We spend a lot of time finding ways and means to try to overcome the constant hurdles built into the delivery of information from the developers and moderators, even becoming an answering voice to many unanswered questions here in the forums and on the live update pages, but even with all these efforts the resounding voice of these 65 players is "enough is enough" - the reason for competing has all but been removed with the changes that have been made in division application and rewards (or lack thereof), the ever-growing score glitches, the inability to see anything resembling a leader board (which was present in ACBF and any other competitive game) and the deaf ear to what the community wants from this aspect.

If we, one of the most active and highest scoring PS4 clubs here are getting fed up, what could be happening to those that were no where near as enthusiastic, dedicated and involved. I think that should be something worth considering on the developer's side. We defended the game, we encouraged and supported the competitions and it seems that as each week goes on those of you in the decision making process have turned a deaf ear to your players (both those that once loved the competitions, and those like have posted above that wanted an equal hand at rewards from a solo point of view). We [VocU] are not sure where you are headed with this, but from the point of view of those that I am in communication with, and this is not limited to just my own 65 players, but several other club leaders, we do not see anything good with the current direction and you are losing your player bases interest faster than we can stop the hemorrhaging.

Please take what I am saying as an open and honest attempt to help you come to correct the direction, to find a way to recover from some poor choices and restore what should be, and has all the potential to become, something in the game that the members will want to do months from now before it is too late. Between those posting for a release of items, and those on the multi-player end begging to reconsider what you are doing with the competitions we hope that you take this feedback (these are all loyal players or they would not even voice these opinions) and turn this around.

PissedMoreBlood
01-13-2015, 06:21 PM
It'd be real nice if we could get someone from Ubisoft to speak up and give us a reason as to why they're not listening to the masses of people telling them these items need to be unlocked....

UbiGabe
01-13-2015, 07:47 PM
First and foremost, I want to begin by saying that we are listening to your feedback, both here and on a variety of other channels that we monitor and you've made your concerns very clear regarding the management and structure of Club Competitions.

That said, this is by no means the only channel that we monitor and the sentiment is not identical with "the vast majority of the community," as has been previously stated. Beyond that, we are also paying close attention to the player metrics we are receiving from the game itself and closely examining player behavior and participation in the Club Competitions and those metrics deliver a different narrative than the one seen here. So there's a disparity there between what you guys are saying here and what players are actually doing in the game - that doesn't mean we aren't listening, it just means that we need to take all voices into account including, but not exclusively, yours.

I'd specifically like to address the concerns of My_Treehawk for a moment, because you've been vocal about this and your feedback is definitely appreciated. You've given us a lot to think about. At the same time, being the highest scoring team on any platform doesn't give your voice more weight than our other players. And, if you look at your comments, you guys are clearly playing a different game than many of our Club Competitors who are simply not putting the same herculean level of effort into it and that should be okay for them to do. How we reconcile these player experiences remains to be seen, but my point is that you are at an extreme end of the player spectrum and while we definitely appreciate the dedication, we can't cater solely to this segment of players.

So, where do we go from here? For the Community Team's part, we will continue to monitor your comments and relay your feedback to our Development Team. The Dev Team will continue to evaluate the performance of the Club Competitions using that feedback as well as observable in-game metrics. We may make changes or alterations depending on that feedback.

Additionally, I'm planning to put together a quick FAQ to cover some of the remaining questions regarding Club Competitions, including some basics that may not be useful to you guys (like how many points are required to earn a reward) as well as some higher level exposition, like what the purpose of these events are to begin with (expose players to co-op content they may have missed and encourage them to sharpen their Assassin skills by incentivizing the use of specific techniques) and more specifics on the different tiers and divisions (like Gold III or Silver II).

doktrin
01-13-2015, 08:15 PM
we are also paying close attention to the player metrics we are receiving from the game itself and closely examining player behavior and participation in the Club Competitions and those metrics deliver a different narrative than the one seen here. So there's a disparity there between what you guys are saying here and what players are actually doing in the game

I was worried you might arrive at this conclusion. Club comp participation is not necessarily a measure of approval or enjoyment.

Myself, I'm an active player. I grinded up 150k creed points last night alone. I still hate club competitions - from the concept to implementation. I just really want the gear.

Perhaps if I had a stronger stomach I would outright boycott the whole shebang. It's something I'm considering, and the system being visibly broken [i.e. 2 billion point exploit] certainly might expedite my decision, but I haven't yet.

More importantly, though, the fact that I participate doesn't mean I enjoy it. I actually kind of hate myself for taking part and wasting so much of my time on this ridiculous, broken activity. By extension, I also feel some legit antipathy towards you guys for rigging together such an inconsiderate and ill conceived system, and for locking away content I really want behind an activity I genuinely dislike.

like what the purpose of these events are to begin with (expose players to co-op content they may have missed and encourage them to sharpen their Assassin skills by incentivizing the use of specific techniques)

Yeah, having a reason to play different maps is nice, but I'm sure you could accomplish that goal without angering so many people in the process.

TheTrainJob
01-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Wow, UniGabe, that's pretty good spin. But that's all it is. Using the way you force players into joining these stupid clubs in order to have even a chance at getting the decent equipment as proof that people want these damn things is ridiculous. Your logic can justify anything, slavery for eg. The slaves are working, therefore they must not mind being slaves.

Every metric that can be gleaned from within the game about other clubs plainly shows that the majority of players who even join clubs aren't even participating. More players are club hopping to try to get into a winning club than there are actually participating.

Give us a ****ing break, it's patently absurd what you're trying to sell us here. Here, reddit, in game, everywhere WE can see clearly shows that people hate this garbage and the club locked gear. Shove your "other sources" back where they came from.

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 08:20 PM
First and foremost, I want to begin by saying that we are listening to your feedback, both here and on a variety of other channels that we monitor and you've made your concerns very clear regarding the management and structure of Club Competitions.

That said, this is by no means the only channel that we monitor and the sentiment is not identical with "the vast majority of the community," as has been previously stated. Beyond that, we are also paying close attention to the player metrics we are receiving from the game itself and closely examining player behavior and participation in the Club Competitions and those metrics deliver a different narrative than the one seen here. So there's a disparity there between what you guys are saying here and what players are actually doing in the game - that doesn't mean we aren't listening, it just means that we need to take all voices into account including, but not exclusively, yours.

I'd specifically like to address the concerns of My_Treehawk for a moment, because you've been vocal about this and your feedback is definitely appreciated. You've given us a lot to think about. At the same time, being the highest scoring team on any platform doesn't give your voice more weight than our other players. And, if you look at your comments, you guys are clearly playing a different game than many of our Club Competitors who are simply not putting the same herculean level of effort into it and that should be okay for them to do. How we reconcile these player experiences remains to be seen, but my point is that you are at an extreme end of the player spectrum and while we definitely appreciate the dedication, we can't cater solely to this segment of players.

So, where do we go from here? For the Community Team's part, we will continue to monitor your comments and relay your feedback to our Development Team. The Dev Team will continue to evaluate the performance of the Club Competitions using that feedback as well as observable in-game metrics. We may make changes or alterations depending on that feedback.

Additionally, I'm planning to put together a quick FAQ to cover some of the remaining questions regarding Club Competitions, including some basics that may not be useful to you guys (like how many points are required to earn a reward) as well as some higher level exposition, like what the purpose of these events are to begin with (expose players to co-op content they may have missed and encourage them to sharpen their Assassin skills by incentivizing the use of specific techniques) and more specifics on the different tiers and divisions (like Gold III or Silver II).

UbiGabe - I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to not only explain what is happening on your end, as well as providing material and information that I can take back to those I represented and present them with answers on the direction and decision making process.

While we may not always agree on how UbiSoft does things and hope for changes, we are also not beyond understanding that we only represent as you said, the extreme end of the player spectrum. While someone else may have been offended by your answers, we are not and appreciate the candor. Yes, we are vociferous - it is in our nature. Yes, we are passionate about the competitions and AC in general, it is our founding measure of membership. We are not here to harass you and the developer, but the lack of an intelligent answer, or of answers that provoke more questions than they actually answer has been a frustrating and repetitive thing recently, and not what we have been used to from your end over the many years.

Of course we hope that you and the developers will look into ways to bring the two ends of competitive players together into something that can be used and enjoyed. Starting with, if we had an option, some basic club management tools. As far as looking at the divisions and rewards, this has been the blade that cut the deepest with our members, so from this aspect we hope you understand and can relate to the developers that the decision to have them make no difference took the "competition" out of these events for those I have contact with. Up until that was made clear we had handle on keeping them interested and running, with that reveal we had a revolution on our hands.

PissedMoreBlood
01-13-2015, 08:23 PM
So there's a disparity there between what you guys are saying here and what players are actually doing in the game

Just because we like to play co-op and like to get creed point bonuses (whether it be to rank up or to TRY to win your terrible club competitions) that doesn't mean any of us like the fact that the legendary items are still locked! Yeah sure, people are actually trying to win the comps in game, again, that doesn't mean they like the fact that the legendary items are locked! You guys need to snap back to reality here, you've got masses of people that are FURIOUS with the way you're doing things yet you refuse to change. Why? Because you claim that "the sentiment is not identical with the vast majority of the community"?! Are you high right now?! Between the AC website live blog comments, this forum, your Facebook page, and Twitter the MAJORITY of comments are either anti club comp altogether or just generally pushing for you to unlock the legendary items. Aside from that the only comments I've seen are people complaining about technical problems, which are also usually directed towards club comps, i.e. the hacking, freezing, glitching, etc. Do you really think there's gonna be a negative outcome to you unlocking the remaining legendary items?! NO!!! We've made it clear what we as consumers and fans want, we want the legendary items unlocked and we want better leader boards for the club competitions, that's it! Hell, I'd even settle for an alternative method to unlocking the gear, like reaching Legend rank, I mean the gear is "Legendary" so why not unlock it to anyone that reaches the rank of "Legend"?!

beastrock18
01-13-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, just wanted to say that I too have participated in the past three comps and my club won all three (I really want that gear)... and yet I absolutely loathe the system that is in place. Healthy levels of participation does not mean there is a disparity when considering the many loud voices of dissent.

RADAR__4077
01-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Using in game stats? Really? I play, but only because I don't want to miss a piece of gear and have to wait until I'm COMPLETELY sick of the game before I get to try again. I hate the comps. I play enough to get the gear and make sure my club has a comfortable lead, then I pop skyrim in which is STILL fun with 180 hours logged! No forced community events needed!

I have actually left much of the game incomplete because I want something to do when I get my gear.

UbiGabe
01-13-2015, 08:40 PM
One quick word on the 2 billion point scores some of you are seeing. Not only are we aware of this issue, but we've also implemented some failsafes to deal with it... however, these failsafes are not always immediately apparent, so you will still see those point scores appear. You will not, however, see Clubs with these scores win prizes. Thanks for reminding me that I need to include a part in the FAQ about this!

More importantly, though, the fact that I participate doesn't mean I enjoy it. I actually kind of hate myself for taking part and wasting so much of my time on this ridiculous, broken activity.

I don't really know what to tell you about this... I can't and would not want to dictate how you spend your free time. I mean, you decide what you do. I don't know about you, but I don't allocate much of my time to leisure activities I don't enjoy, in fact a major focus of my life is striving for the precise opposite of that.

doktrin
01-13-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't really know what to tell you about this... I can't and would not want to dictate how you spend your free time. I mean, you decide what you do. I don't know about you, but I don't allocate much of my time to leisure activities I don't enjoy, in fact a major focus of my life is striving for the precise opposite of that.

People do unenjoyable s**t all the time for the "right" rewards. This isn't some revolutionary concept.

Anyhow, I'm not looking for life coaching. I'm sharing my experience as a data point. My goal is to illustrate the flaw in linearly correlating in game stats with player enjoyment and approval.

PissedMoreBlood
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM

You may not dictate how we spend our free time but you DO IN FACT dictate how we play the game that we choose to play in our free time. You force us to compete in these comps in order to unlock the gear because THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO UNLOCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not for nothing, but I'm a disabled veteran, and I don't exactly have the luxury of doing what I would like to do in my free time as I am not physically able to do so, which is why I've taken to playing video games to pass time, one of which is AC Unity. Now just because I play often and rack up creed points for my club (that has a total of 2 members) doesn't mean that I enjoy or even want to take part in these F-ing club competitions!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why don't you drop the condescending tone in regards to how we spend our free time and do something about the items being locked behind these F-ing club competitions!!!!!!!!

essbeebee
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Am I alone in just enjoying myself in the comps? My club won their first two and had a cracking head to head with our nearest rivals in the last one. It spurred us on every time they took the lead, and I had great fun just replaying that heist alone repeatedly. In defence of Ubi, I have never experienced any of the glitches that reportedly plagued the game on release - it has always worked fine for me, and my clan, which became the basis of our club, always worked as much Wolfpack as team in the previous MPs, so having only co-op was no great disappointment, although I do miss Manhunt ...

To go back to the heist, Ubi were not lying when they said that they would mix things up every time a mission is run. Every playthrough was a new experience and, no, it didn't get boring. There are no means of anticipating presence, number, position, and even behaviour of guards; points of entry change every time. That said, i have already given up on this weeks's competition as we have one of the glitched teams with 2bn+ points in our league - shame, as we are once again pitted against the team that narrowly, and honestly, beat us in the last comp.

As to the gear, well, I have Arno fitted out exactly as I want him, although if a belt offering more poison gas bombs is on offer, I might be interested ;)

xPLAY3R1x
01-13-2015, 09:03 PM

So, you are basically telling us to fart off and either get with the program, or shelve the game?

No.

You guys work for US. We pay YOU money for a product (that should have been complete at launch, I might add!).

If I were a shareholder in UBISoft, I would be embarrassed and disgusted by the treatment you are showing your long-time fans, also known as PAYING CUSTOMERS.

I have a long history with UBISoft games e.g. B&GE, the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, Far Cry, etc. I have bought and played your games on multiple platforms and and would like to do so with Unity, Victory and Rouge... But not if the same draconian stance is taken about locking SP content behind MP conditions. Like another poster said, if UBISoft wants to make the Legendary Gear as a paid DLC, I'll buy it. This at least gives me and other consumers a CHOICE. There is no choice right now. Either we shelve the game, or do the craptastic AI Slayfests just for the CHANCE to get some of the gear we want... That in itself will cause cheating and hacking to go through the roof because now you have removed all choice in the matter. It's a zero sum gain for UBISoft as far as actual profit, but you are gaining less and less customer goodwill and forgiveness by the millisecond.

My_Treehawk
01-13-2015, 09:10 PM
One quick word on the 2 billion point scores some of you are seeing. Not only are we aware of this issue, but we've also implemented some failsafes to deal with it... however, these failsafes are not always immediately apparent, so you will still see those point scores appear. You will not, however, see Clubs with these scores win prizes. Thanks for reminding me that I need to include a part in the FAQ about this!

Hey UbiGabe,
Those of us suffering from the score glitch have been hoping for an answer to these two questions, one coming from a partial response earlier from those on your side. Can you give me something to take back to the clubs?

1. Is this getting fixed today - we were told it would be, but not how it would effect the current score we see.
2. While it is great to know that the club with that score will not win anything, the burning question is, will the other clubs in that list forfeit this week's award since none of them can legitimately become the winning club in that group.

Thanks

EscoBlades
01-13-2015, 09:39 PM
So, you are basically telling us to fart off and either get with the program, or shelve the game?

That is not what he was telling you at all.

There is no choice right now. Either we shelve the game, or do the craptastic AI Slayfests just for the CHANCE to get some of the gear we want...

Actually, you have a choice. As has been stated, you could play the club competitions, compete and try and win for a chance at the legendary gear. OR you could wait and buy said gear when they become available for purchase at a certain period after the club competition for that week has ended.

RADAR__4077
01-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Come on ubigabe. We are paying your check. That sarcasm and complete disrespect of your customers is unacceptable. I don't agree with his wording, but you should read what came immediately after that quote. Good reward, terrible competition. You basically saying "go F yourself if you don't like it" is very unprofessional. At least pretend you care about the customer, and refer to my last post on this thread.

NondairyGold
01-13-2015, 09:51 PM
........ Beyond that, we are also paying close attention to the player metrics we are receiving from the game itself and closely examining player behavior and participation in the Club Competitions and those metrics deliver a different narrative than the one seen here......

As a great man once said, there are lies, damned lies and statistics! I'm assuming the 2 billion scores we are seeing aren't/won't be included in these player metrics, that would throw things way off ;) In all seriousness though, I'd love to know where you guy's are getting all this positive feedback from. On all the forums and AC hangouts I frequent the opposite is true. I know you need to tow the party line but this is abysmal.

I myself have no problem with Club Competition, I don't play it! (I like to enjoy my down time, and have found co_op to be very entertaining) I have no interest in grinding 2 million+ points for gear and am grateful you've found a way to unlock it without having to do this. Hopefully by the time Victory rolls out lessons will have been learned and this won't happen again, because right now it looks like nothing can save Unity's Club Competitions.

BloodyAugust
01-13-2015, 09:51 PM

Actually, you have a choice. As has been stated, you could play the club competitions, compete and try and win for a chance at the legendary gear. OR you could wait and buy said gear when they become available for purchase at a certain period after the club competition for that week has ended.

No, the issue is that literally NO ONE likes this system and wants to do it anymore. My club has won the all of the events up til now, everyone is burned out and now no one cares about Club Competitions for 1 piece of gear. I have had a Uplay account for years, never touched the forums, own multiple copies of all the games, and this issue is the only one so bad that I had to make a post about it.

xPLAY3R1x
01-13-2015, 09:56 PM

No, what you guys are telling us is we DON'T have a choice if we would like to play the game we PAID for HOW we want to WHEN we want to... Which for many is right now. Not months from now when the majority will have finished the SP game (including all side missions & Solo CO-OP) and moved on.

I cannot believe the gaul you have to say we "have a choice". I know what spin is...

xPLAY3R1x
01-13-2015, 10:02 PM
P.S. -- Just tell the UBISoft CEO to start producing FINSHED, QUALITY GAMES again that don't force players to do certain things to have access to something they paid for. I'm talking about the Initiates app, the Nomad app, etc. NONE of that is needed. It does not enhance the experience. It detracts from it.

If all UBISoft wants is to make money, then produce GOOD games like you did in the past and just straight up charge for DLC.

Like I said, that is a real choice because those who feel the DLC is worth it will buy it... Which will make UBISoft richer... And those who don't, won't. There is no downside to this because the content is already on disc and just needs to be unlocked. This isn't the '90s where whole new expansions were put into production AFTER the game was a hit.

BloodyAugust
01-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Can I just pay like $10 and get the legendary gear? I only want is the prowler chest piece and Schiavona anyways.

EscoBlades
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
No, the issue is that literally NO ONE likes this system and wants to do it anymore. My club has won the all of the events up til now, everyone is burned out and now no one cares about Club Competitions for 1 piece of gear. I have had a Uplay account for years, never touched the forums, own multiple copies of all the games, and this issue is the only one so bad that I had to make a post about it.

To circle back to what Gabe stated earlier, not only do you have no way of knowing, or quantifying the bolded part of your statement, you also don't represent the vast majority of voices and the community that we have to take into consideration. If NO ONE liked the system, then NO ONE would play within the system.

In any case, as was also stated, your feedback is being taken into consideration. It is one part of multiple points of communication that we consider.

doktrin
01-13-2015, 10:15 PM
If NO ONE liked the system, then NO ONE would play within the system.

This is an absurd conclusion to arrive at. Just because we want the gear doesn't mean we like the system.

aL_____eX
01-13-2015, 10:17 PM
To circle back to what Gabe stated earlier, not only do you have no way of knowing, or quantifying the bolded part of your statement, you also don't represent the vast majority of voices and the community that we have to take into consideration. If NO ONE liked the system, then NO ONE would play within the system.

In any case, as was also stated, your feedback is being taken into consideration. It is one part of multiple points of communication that we consider.
Just one thing Esco: If one decides to play Coop with his/her (club) friends, he's/she's automatically part of the competition - no matter if deliberate or not. So that's not a valid point saying 'if no one liked it, no one would play within the system' because there's literally no way around participating and competing in club competitions when playing Coop.

But to really figure out who's playing Coop because of challenge and competition and who's playing just for fun is not possible, so that's where I see and understand how things are evaluated on your end.

BloodyAugust
01-13-2015, 10:26 PM

If NO ONE liked the dentist NO ONE would go right? All those people must love getting their teeth drilled.

I grind out points because I want gear, not because it is particularly fun to play Women's March 20 times in a row. Read this thread, look around the internet. Not seeing a lot of love for this system.

Whatever. I am done, there is obviously not going to be anything positive that comes out of arguing here.

fred89065
01-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Well i read all this and all I see is negativity as a AC fan from the beginning I've put up with everything you have thrown at me and I wont go into endless boring details about what I didn't like and what I liked because overall I have enjoyed playing every single game i have played.

I love Unity there is plenty that is good I may even say excellent, playing co-op has been a revelation and has to be one of the best online games i have ever played, the bugs have driven me crazy though I have to admit and wished you had ironed them out before you had released the game but I can see you are trying to iron them out and I appreciate the efforts you are making in repairing and improving the game-play.

As regards the club competitions I initially enjoyed the experience but as I am not into playing the same missions over and over just to accrue creed points to win isn't really my cup of tea so I want to thank you for making it possible to be able to get the kit without having to go through the process of these club comps which in fairness a player of my capabilities doesn't really stand a chance of winning outright .

Please be gentle with me its my first post .

fred

xPLAY3R1x
01-13-2015, 11:43 PM
To UBI Forum Mods / Community Managers:

I am familiar with corporate bureaucracy and how things can move at the speed of a glacier inside a large company like UBISoft, but...

Would it have been so hard for the developers to put an option on some of the gear to have it be Club Competition OR available for purchase in-game, or even real money?

What about people who don't have internet (XBL, PS4)?

What about people who just don't like MP games?

What about people like me who bought the game primarily as a SP game?

The decision to lock out certain aspects of a SP game and reserve it for MP is just baffling. The ironic part is if it was for (real) money, we could tolerate it. However, at the current time, this kind of decision has no logical rationale behind it. Nobody benefits. Not even UBISoft... Other than to try and prolong the Unity MP experience beyond it's month-long life span given how limited it is to begin with? This circles back to who is making these design decisions / corporate mandates and what logical explanation would they have for them?

It doesn't matter, in all honesty.

What matters is this:

Unity launched as a half-finished game, an "Alpha" if you will.

The decisions to give a free game and free DLC were steps in the right direction as was fixing the Alpha of Unity.

However, the current decision to try and hold players hostage to a game that was never going to have an extended life on any platform is just head-shaking bad, IMHO. When you force people to do anything, they will do the exact opposite. Your (UBISoft's) refusal to give into the wishes of a majority of players is just going to force them to quit the game faster than if you give us what we are asking for since we PAID for the game and have a right to all of its content since certain gear was not advertised as paid DLC.

Bookeworm
01-13-2015, 11:49 PM
This is painful to watch, but it's even more painful to try to abide by Ubisoft's changing standards. Here are some points I feel need to be understood:
1. Participation does not imply support. The most dedicated players of Assassin Creed games want to have the complete experience, not some half-full inventory screen with arbitrary unlock conditions that take *literally* months of time and luck to unlock. However, if forced into Club Competitions because it's the *only* way to unlock this content, those players will begrudgingly participate. The only thing that does is frustrate the strongest player base and distance them from the company they have thus far shown loyalty to, which is never a good thing.
2. Club Competitions are not flawed in concept, only execution. The fact that Single Player rewards are locked behind Multiplayer requirements is absurd, especially when they are doled out at an abysmal rate of 1 per week to 1 club per competition. Players expect more from a franchise that began as one of the best (personal opinion) franchises on the last and current console generations.
3. Drawing conclusions from game data in a game that forces certain forms of participation is bad statistics.

There is a simple way to fix Club Competitions, if only a developer would listen:
1. Unlock all items for purchase at very high Livre requirements. This still establishes a wall of requirement that encourages playing the game and its various modes, but doesn't *force* certain activities or participation.
2. To continue the incentivization of Club Competitions, increase the rewards. Perhaps first place wins an entire set of armour, not just one piece. Create Leaderboards so you can see your club's rank and take actual pride in it.
3. In the future, separate the social and single player components. This were complained about in Black Flag, they're being complained about in Unity. Multiplayer and Co-op are great for those who enjoy it, and the community has made it clear that they will still play it if they want to. But some of us miss the traditional Assassin's Creed and its sense of single player achievement. Innovation is good so long as it doesn't detract from the strength that is there, and unfortunately that's what these developments have done.

I want to remain an Ubisoft supporter, but I hate to buy or play a less-than-complete experience. If that's the direction Assassin's Creed continues to go... it would be a sad day.

SixKeys
01-13-2015, 11:55 PM

That is an absolutely absurd conclusion. I hope Ubisoft doesn't simply look at the number of people playing and take that as evidence that the system is popular. People are playing because right now, as far as they can tell, the club competitions are the ONLY way of obtaining these rewards. There has been no major announcement detailing exactly how and when there will be a chance to get them otherwise. With AC4, if you didn't force yourself to partake in community challenges, you missed out on exclusive content, period. There are still select items I'm missing in the last game because I couldn't be arsed to wait for months and months to see when the next one was scheduled (especially since the schedules were often wrong, as were the announced rewards).

I feel absolutely confident in saying that nobody likes grinding the same missions over and over again for millions of points every week, only to come in second place at the last minute. Don't insult our intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

SixKeys
01-14-2015, 12:01 AM
People do unenjoyable s**t all the time for the "right" rewards. This isn't some revolutionary concept.

Anyhow, I'm not looking for life coaching. I'm sharing my experience as a data point. My goal is to illustrate the flaw in linearly correlating in game stats with player enjoyment and approval.

^ THIS. People don't grind games because they love grinding, they grind because they want the content they paid for. The content that is already in the game's code yet inexplicably walled off behind some menial task that is entirely dependent on other people.

Alphacos007
01-14-2015, 12:03 AM
I have to agree with SixKeys, the number of people playing doesn't say anything. If there is no other way of unlocking the items, of course a lot of people will play, even if they don't like it. Also, people who are members of any clubs end up participating in the competitions even if they don't want to. I, for example, ended up taking part on the competition just for playing a few coop missions that I still needed to get collectibles from, I didn't even know the competition was already running.
And honestly, I don't post much but I'm always around the forums (not just this one but also the steam one and quite a few fan ones), reddit, twitter, and also have a lot of friends that play the games, and I still haven't seen one single person that said that Club Competitions were cool. I don't understand where you guys are seeing people that like them. I'm not saying I'm right and you guys are wrong, I'm just stating what I've seen. I'd gladly stand corrected by you if possible.

RADAR__4077
01-14-2015, 01:13 AM
Hey everyone I started a poll titled "legendary gear" please vote and leave a short comment to keep it on the first page.

This should give us some solid data on where the community stands if enough people participate.

SixKeys
01-14-2015, 01:26 AM
A better and simpler idea would have been to not tie the competitions to clubs or the community at large, but to individual achievements. If you want the legendary gear, you would simply have to get something like 10 000 Creed points every week, on your own. None of this crap that entirely voids your personal achievements just because your club doesn't have enough members.

Tampinha85
01-14-2015, 02:32 AM

Yes it is exactly what he is saying to us.

lsgnobody
01-14-2015, 03:19 AM
I wish people would scream louder with their wallets rather than at the forums.

I also hate club competitions and the fact that Ubisoft is locking gear behind intrusive hardly working activities (the companion app is the worst atrocity I've ever seen done to a game). Then again, I strongly recommend people not to buy the next title. So many other good games! Games you don't even have to go online to unlock everything in your own time by your own standards - oh, the good old days when Assassin's Creed was like that.

My_Treehawk
01-14-2015, 03:33 AM
I will try this one again..

Hey UbiGabe,
Those of us suffering from the score glitch have been hoping for an answer to these two questions, one coming from a partial response earlier from those on your side. Can you give me something to take back to the clubs?

1. Is this getting fixed today - we were told it would be, but not how it would effect the current score we see.
2. While it is great to know that the club with that score will not win anything, the burning question is, will the other clubs in that list forfeit this week's award since none of them can legitimately become the winning club in that group.

The lack of a response is giving those in the club the impression that playing this week is a useless endeavor as they will not be getting a chance at winning the piece and will be stuck waiting the 3 weeks for it to unlock. So I have to try to ask this once again.

Thanks

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-14-2015, 04:41 AM
You know what. Keep doing this Ubisoft. Keep slapping the consumers in the face time and time again. It's just going to come back and bite you in the arse.

They know this is rubbish. They know the true reason people do this Club Competition garbage. People do it because they want the gear, not because it's fun.

If they honestly, truely believe people do it for the fun then they need to be fired immediately. Must be so blind to think this.

People do it for the gear. Hell don't take my word for it. Make all the gear purchasable with in game currency, and see how many people are playing your precious Club Competitions. Go on. Do it. If you truely believe people do it for the fun then disable gear from the feature.

Obviously you won't because you know we're right. This is just some PR free to play scam to keep people playing the game.

'Singleplayer and multiplayer merged into one world!'. This has just become an excuse to lock singleplayer content behind multiplayer content.

Have some respect for paying customers. Your reputation with the general fanbase isn't exactly that good at the moment. Surely you don't want to piss off your fans as well?

HeJePi
01-14-2015, 04:42 AM
Personally I hate those Club Competitions for a simple reason ... it forces you do things you already done ... play in a style that is not yours.

It is not because the game actually gives you metrics that the people are playing those CC missions that you can deduct people really enjoy playing it.
When I was playing the CC missions yesterday, I was telling myself: "What I am doing is so stupid, why am I doing it ?"

I buy games to enjoy myself ... not to over stress myself because 'somebody' in UbiSoft made a wrong decision and refuse to admit it.

To link the yellow chest to Initiates is the first mistake, now they unlock everything ...
To link the blue / green chests to the 'Nomad' app is the second one ... once you complete all the missions, then you must pray that all the artifacts unlock.
On my own game, I am doing the last mission in the 'Panthéon', but many artifacts are still locked in the rifts.

I am not talking of the various bugs that plague the entire game, I believe I escaped most of them. I do hope UbiSoft will reflect on themselves
and start considering the fact that we are their customers.

With Regards,
JP

PS: I have played 1 game of Skyrim that lasted an accumulated 900 hours,
I bought the 'Legendary' edition on its release date and played another game of 800 hours.
There is no Club Competition in Skyrim :rolleyes:

xPLAY3R1x
01-14-2015, 04:49 AM
I wish people would scream louder with their wallets rather than at the forums.

I also hate club competitions and the fact that Ubisoft is locking gear behind intrusive hardly working activities (the companion app is the worst atrocity I've ever seen done to a game). Then again, I strongly recommend people not to buy the next title. So many other good games! Games you don't even have to go online to unlock everything in your own time by your own standards - oh, the good old days when Assassin's Creed was like that.

The reason publishers are shoving Social Media Integration into games where it doesn't belong is because the target audience (millennials) have never known a world without Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is how they stay connected and publishers see this as a free mass marketing platform because what's better than one kid buying and playing a game? That same kid making a post how he/she loves the game to their 100 Facebook friends. Publishers can also argue it's because of piracy (DRM), but let's be honest. There are ways around this and even they know it. So, it all comes back to mass marketing on a scale never seen before...

Which brings me back to your main point a lot of people seem to share:

What is the point of locking SP content behind intrusive apps that don't even generate money?

Somebody on another thread theorized it may not even be about money. All these free apps may be data gathering tools to help advertisers (for future games), but this is awfully risky if true because the apps don't even work half the time. So, where is the reliability or credibility of any data that is gathered this way? This whole thing is a mess... :(

xPLAY3R1x
01-14-2015, 04:56 AM
You know what. Keep doing this Ubisoft. Keep slapping the consumers in the face time and time again. It's just going to come back and bite you in the arse.

The current video game industry is headed for a crash. Mark my words.

Every analyst and their uncle claims this, but now we have concrete reasons for it to crash e.g. Early Access games that aren't finished (and might never be finished), Alpha releases of games like Unity by AAA publishers, locking SP content behind pay walls or MP walls for no other reason than to buff player statistics if sales aren't that high, etc. Consumers WILL stop spending money on games if they are crap. Hence, the E.T. The Game, crash of 1983.

FrenchAussie
01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
Hello Developers and UbiGabe,

I do not write on the forums very much but I do read a lot about different subjects. Saying that, I would like to take this time to discuss my personal opinion on the current problems of the competition.

First off, I would like to address your reply to TreeHawk from page 4. You mentioned that not all members of the community disliked the competition. While that is true that no argument can only have one side, this is not a valid excuse to tell the community that you won't really solve the issue. I'd also like to add that the developers should be in the forums more commonly than they currently are. It is fine to say that all the comments are noted and that you are listening to us but when the community cannot really check to see if you are, we feel like we're talking to a brick wall.

Secondly, the current club competition could have been better than what it is. I realize that you do not have the time to make a big game with lots of content and to not make it buggy within a year but that's why in that case you have two options. 1. You increase the time needed to make the content valuable. Or 2. You focus on less things to make those better. Because as it is, this competition was focused on the amount of creed points within a clan (a system that was already there in the game for upgrading weapons) If you had had more time, you could have applied the competition to a multiplayer experience like in the previous games but you decided to not have any multiplayer (again because you were so busy) but in that case, you should never have applied this competition. Especially if the clans can only enjoy the 'exclusivity' of the pieces of gear from 1 set for just three weeks. May I also add that only 1 week for just 1st place to win the competition in their division is extremely long and restrictive.

I understand you guys are a big company and I know there's a lot of haters who just point fingers and curse you on these forums. But understand that they don't do it without reason. Especially when practically everyone is saying that these competitions do not fill the aspect of this game. Like someone mentioned before, when you say that the players' activities contradict the arguments on the forums, this is not a valid excuse. The players are doing what you are telling them to do to get all the gear in the game. That's how a lot of us are. Completionists! And even though you deny that you are not forcing us to keep playing the game, you are making us feel empty for not being able to get everything in a respectable time frame.

I hope my words have not been too harmful and have come through to the developers and to you UbiGabe. A reply would be most appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
FrenchAussie

PissedMoreBlood
01-14-2015, 06:34 PM
So let's tally this up....

1. The main game glitches frequently, albeit nothing TOO severe, but it still glitches frequently.

2. Co-op glitches even more frequently and is definitely more severe.

3. There's rampant hacking in the club comps.

4. Club comp rewards are not always received.

5. The DLC weapons aren't able to equip once unlocked.

6. The DLC co-op mission doesn't even show up on my map.

7. The DLC heist will only let me play single player.

And to top it off Ubisoft expects us to either win every club comp or wait months to unlock the remaining legendary gear.....

F#@& YOU UBISOFT I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!

beastrock18
01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Naw, man, your anger is misguided: instead of complaining about Unity's rampant game-breaking bugs and blatant anti-consumer policies, you should instead be striving to find leisure activities that you actually enjoy!

Sarcasm aside, I do hope someone at Ubi is actually listening instead of just saying that they take all feedback into account.

Also, I can't think of another primarily single player game (with multiplayer elements) locking content like this. Imagine if all campaign special weapons in Far Cry 4 appeared in shops but were locked until you won timed co-op mission events that were doled out over the course of nearly half a year (or simply waited for an even longer period to pass if you didn't win the events). That would not fly at all! And Far Cry 4 doesn't suffer from anywhere near the number of problems that Unity does, problems which have only increased in number since the release of the DLC. Things really need to change.

r0ckjumper
01-14-2015, 07:20 PM

Let's take this villages well and replace the water with piss-flavored water. With no other source of water, they'll be forced to drink the piss-flavored water.

Now with 100% of villagers drinking the piss-flavored water, statistics show that they must like it; as they are all drinking it.

RADAR__4077
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Let's take this villages well and replace the water with piss-flavored water. With no other source of water, they'll be forced to drink the piss-flavored water.

Now with 100% of villagers drinking the piss-flavored water, statistics show that they must like it; as they are all drinking it.

Lol that's one way to put it.

I just pm'ed ubigabe and pointed him in the direction of my "legendary gear" poll and my posts on page 3 of it.

Let's hope someday good comes from it.

mb12roofus
01-14-2015, 10:45 PM
i still want to play acu and dead kings, but i don't want any of my creed points count toward the club competition. i really don't want the gear for this week, and won't want any gear for probably a month or so. BUT, it seems like even when i'm playing the dlc or anything else, i'm still racking up club points and now i'm in 1st place but don't want to be... i don't want to leave my club (just me and a buddy) because i want to play club comps when there's a piece of gear i really could use, but until then i'm content to loose and not get any gear.

is there a way to "opt out" of having my usual game play creed points count towards club competition? first world problems... i want to keep playing the game but don't want to win the competition. thanks for any replies, especially from those in the know.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Lol that's one way to put it.

I just pm'ed ubigabe and pointed him in the direction of my "legendary gear" poll and my posts on page 3 of it.

Let's hope someday good comes from it.

We are only ''1%'' of consumer feedback. --Their words, not mine. An acknowledgment is as optimistic as I'll get.

xPLAY3R1x
01-15-2015, 05:49 AM
I've been thinking, and I feel I have a pretty good idea of why UBISoft is so adamant about keeping the CC going even if nobody likes them and they will be dead within two, three months from now:

They need the active player data to support the stance Unity was not a failure of the new corporate strategy (mobile app and social media integration) UBISoft is trying out to see if they can get away with it in future titles.

I have a gut feeling they knew how bad Unity was (Alpha / Beta state), so the only way to bolster investor / shareholder confidence is to show them people "like" the game because there are people playing it online. Therefore, according to them, their new multi-media approach is working. We all know this is a false correlation, but it doesn't matter as long as it cushions the fall out of one of their multibillion dollar franchises being DOA during the biggest buying season of the year.

I have no evidence to confirm this, but how many times have the Community Managers kept insisting "people like the game, or else they wouldn't be playing MP"?

Read between the lines. Everybody's jobs are on the line with the terrible product that is Unity, so now they all need to figure out a way to put lipstick on a pig because Unity wasn't just about one product. It was about testing out a whole new marketing and integration strategy the likes have never been seen in games before... And hopefully never will again unless it is a F2P title.

RADAR__4077
01-15-2015, 05:56 AM
We are only ''1%'' of consumer feedback. --Their words, not mine. An acknowledgment is as optimistic as I'll get.

I pasted his response on page 3 of the poll. You can decide for yourself.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it appears their inexplicable deathgrip on the club competitions may be loosening.

SixKeys
01-15-2015, 06:28 AM

Fatal, your avatar is....interesting.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Fatal, your avatar is....interesting.

do u ship it?

lsgnobody
01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
I ship it...

vegetollo7
01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Why can't you lot just unlock everything? A tiny minority of people like these stupid competitions. I thought I left endless grinding for gear behind when I traded in Destiny. At this rate it'll be eons before I get my full legendary medieval set :'(

My thoughts exactly. Locking legendary items behind the club competitions is so annoying. At least give us the option to buy it. You can even charge insane amounts of in game currency for it too. I have so much money anyway it's ridiculous and I can't spend it on anything useful.

phoenix-force411
01-16-2015, 03:25 PM
If I solo these missions, do I still contribute to my club? I find these missions way easier solo'd than with a group, 'cause it feels more rewarding.

rrebe
01-16-2015, 05:56 PM
If I solo these missions, do I still contribute to my club? I find these missions way easier solo'd than with a group, 'cause it feels more rewarding.

Yes.

FingerPushy
01-17-2015, 02:46 AM

I have already bought the All cockades and chests show on the map thing with the helix currency but for some reason the initiate chests aren't showing up on my map how do i get them to show up?

My_Treehawk
01-17-2015, 03:42 AM
This topic seems to have become split between this one and another [Legendary Gear (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/995056-POLL-Legendary-Gear)], to prevent us from losing momentum I am repeating one (of several) of my posts from there here as well. I apologize to those that are seeing it in two places, but the importance of the subject here and in the other topic begets the attention, and since this topic has seen more response from the community managers than the other I do not want to chance that they will refrain from branching out into the other to comment.

Legendary Gear post ~

Most of you are familiar with my voice already, so introduction aside let me provide some feedback from my club and what we have experienced over the past 4 weeks. I feel that this is relevant to where we are headed. I also apologize in advance for my typical verbose means of expressing this.

week 1: 2 members left; reason for both was the glitches that were not fixed and they could not join multiplayer. Note, we were able in most cases to get members connected, regardless of prior issues or lack of assistance from UbiSoft.

week 2: 2 more members left, one for the same reason as both in week 1, the other because the club competitions were "not for them" - they thought they would unlock everything at a much faster pace.

week 3: 3 members left, two for the speed of unlocks, both decided to move onto other games, 1 left because his PS Plus (and as such his abiltiy to join in game) ran out.

Week 4: 8 members left. 1 because of issues in RL, 4 because of the announcement that was made that the same gear was unlocking for all divisions and they saw no point in the CC worth continuing to put in the effort, 3 because we were hit this week with the 2 billion point glitch and lost the chance to get the reward this week since no one in that collection of teams would or could win - each of these three express in one way or another that this was the 'final straw" and were very upset with UbiSoft not moving to fix it or to announce that the clubs involved in groups with the glitch would be compensated - as of posting this our scores appear to be locked and none of the 5 clubs are seeing any further additions to their score, further exasperating the situation.

Interesting isn't it. We actually anticipate another half-dozen or so to drop out by the weekend for much the same reason (amounting to roughly 25% of the membership leaving in a single week), since this is what is being voiced throughout our voice chat conversations, club forums and PS chat channels. Most members (about 80%) are no longer running the CC and instead are coming on to talk about what to do next, many of them (about 75%) have stated that they may not run them again until there is a reason to do so, and will find another game and just come back on a few months and buy the gear. Add to this those that have gotten the DLC and discovered the second wave of glitches apparent within it - this did not help the situation since even the gear they earned there cannot be used by some of them and the co-op missions do not appear to work except in solo modes. The numbers are those from my club as I do not know the correct percentages for the other clubs in which I have contact.

yes, we still have 50 active members, but only because we keep a constant waiting list of no less than 15 members on hand and keep bringing them in to replace those that leave.

As a club these same people loved to run the CC event, they logged hours in and worked together to achieve amazing scores, but when it was announced that the most they could get out of it was "bragging rights and a single piece of gear" well, you can see what is happening. We asked for and will continue to ask the developers to provide a leader board, and or to improve the reward system. They have the data, providing it as a leader board would not require much more than a dedicated page, even on the Initiates site if no where else. Just that one change would give them something to feel like they are being rewarded for participating. Then unlock the gear and you have made both sides of the groups represented here in this topic and across several others quite happy - without making those members that are already playing CC and having fun the way things are now (I want to know where they are so I can recruit some of them so please direct me to this social media source because in the days since my last post neither I nor my officers can seem to find them) any less happy than they currently are.

As far as unlocking gear; there is not a single member among those that I have communications with, and this amounts to about 300 players in total (counting the memberships represented by club leaders I talk with) that would be against having a second avenue to unlock gear. Most (my own and the members of the other clubs - I am not saying most players around the world as I do not know what they think, though I can get a reasonable gauge of it based on what I can see here and in any other media source I can find) would like to see it come from the competitions, but at a faster and more equitable pace - or simply unlocked an made purchasable by another means - but if they had the option, even those that still want to earn it in CC would be happy to buy that which is not going to be presented for several more months as they do not see themselves playing CC for that long without some very serious changes.

I wish that I could rally all of them to come here and post, to vote or to speak out - but as it is the best that I can do, and as they continue to both thank and encourage me to do, is be their voice here.

note: the remainder of this post (yes there was even more...) was removed since it was more relative to its original location than here. I recommend that anyone interested in the topic, and that may want to follow the most current comments click the link at the top and read the posts in the Legendary Gear topic. The author of that post would also like you to vote there if you have not already done so.

SHADOWGARVIN
01-17-2015, 06:24 PM
A tiny minority of people like these stupid competitions.(

Exactly. It would have been much better if all the legendary could be unlocked by playing special side missions.

xPLAY3R1x
01-17-2015, 06:43 PM
The ultimate irony... tragedy?... Is even the small minority are going to quit, eventually. Probably within the next few weeks, if not months?

This means if nobody wins any of the remaining items, they will just be locked, period.

This is unacceptable for a game that is primarily a SP game and not a MP game. This is not BF, or CoD where unlocks are an expected part of the game experience because those games main focus is MP, not SP.

SMH...

My_Treehawk
01-18-2015, 02:08 AM
So what is the current status on the 2 billion point glitch being fixed, and what will happen to the clubs in those groups that have encountered it?
Is the weekly reward and advancement forfeit for any club included in a group with the problem or will the appropriate club (via its actually scoring) be duly rewarded?

We heard last week, and maybe even a little before that a fix was coming, but not much has been said since and we cannot see any changes in the game, other than that it appears that the creed points stopped accumulating a few days ago.

HeJePi
01-18-2015, 04:40 PM
I finished 100% Dead Kings this afternoon ...

I realized that there is nothing left in Unity for me to enjoy ...

Maybe I will start a new game in Black Flag / Freedom Cry ... those 2 I really enjoy playing without feeling stupid ;)

I don't think I will ever start another new game in Unity, there is only 1 save slot, right ? So can play only once ;)
How didn't you know in advance that nobody will ever need a 2nd save slot ? I am joking ...

Greetings from Singapore,
JP

BloodyAugust
01-18-2015, 10:54 PM
I finished 100% Dead Kings this afternoon ...

I realized that there is nothing left in Unity for me to enjoy ...

Maybe I will start a new game in Black Flag / Freedom Cry ... those 2 I really enjoy playing without feeling stupid ;)

I don't think I will ever start another new game in Unity, there is only 1 save slot, right ? So can play only once ;)
How didn't you know in advance that nobody will ever need a 2nd save slot ? I am joking ...

Greetings from Singapore,
JP

Pff I am never starting a new game either. Rogue does sound nice to play through again.

phoenix-force411
01-19-2015, 05:14 AM
I'm so glad my club is first. We're twice as much as the second place people.

AhaziaD
01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
When i hear about Club Competition for the first time, i was picturing 2 club going to war and doing cool things with my club friends..
and what do we get? just farming creed points every week or else we wont get the best gear we want to use..
and just for this week me and my club(NUSANTARA) friends spent hours upon hours farming creed points using staggering exploit so that our club can win the competition(we lose anyway because we met our toughest enemy yet). Do you want to know how much creed points we got this week? 20million+ creed points and still we end up on 2nd place (congrats to Crew Of Legends! You guys rock!!)
so if you can give us alternate ways to earn the legendary gear, we will be very grateful..

My_Treehawk
01-19-2015, 11:30 AM
When i hear about Club Competition for the first time, i was picturing 2 club going to war and doing cool things with my club friends..
and what do we get? just farming creed points every week or else we wont get the best gear we want to use..
and just for this week me and my club(NUSANTARA) friends spent hours upon hours farming creed points using staggering exploit so that our club can win the competition(we lose anyway because we met our toughest enemy yet). Do you want to know how much creed points we got this week? 20million+ creed points and still we end up on 2nd place (congrats to Crew Of Legends! You guys rock!!)
so if you can give us alternate ways to earn the legendary gear, we will be very grateful..

Congratulations on your 20+ million score, but I have to ask, what was the score of the group that beat you?

AhaziaD
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on your 20+ million score, but I have to ask, what was the score of the group that beat you?

Last time i check (after me and my friend know that we cant beat them, we stop playing for score and go back to playing for fun) they got 24million+ creed points, and they still had one more day so maybe they have earned more points.. :)

HeJePi
01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
20 million creed points ?

Holy cow :rolleyes: ... no wonder UbiSoft says that Unity is very popular !

Myself I completely abandon playing it ... and sure I feel more happy and ... stress free :D

phoenix-force411
01-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Yes! I received my belt!

RADAR__4077
01-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Earth to Ubisoft...

Any news about alternatives to the comps that don't involve waiting 3 weeks?
I understand that changes may take time to implement, but it would be nice to know if there is some kind of game plan.

Akasha_Ishtar
01-20-2015, 12:40 AM
So my club was in one big as battle all week with another for first place, now I swear it all seamed like it was fair pushed us to get into the 800000's, close to 900000's when I finished up. Now the other team was back in the 600000's with well under a day left only a few hours, yet some how we came in second, don't get it I did hours worth of work every day for my team as I'm our most active member everyone else is busy or their net is down and I get a slap in the face for it. How on earth could they get so many points so fast, that's took me so many hours a days to get us to that, really not cool guys.

EscoBlades
01-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Earth to Ubisoft...

Any news about alternatives to the comps that don't involve waiting 3 weeks?
I understand that changes may take time to implement, but it would be nice to know if there is some kind of game plan.

The alternative to not playing the club competition for gear is to wait two weeks from the completion of that specific competition for the gear to become available to buy.

RADAR__4077
01-20-2015, 04:35 AM
Did you hear that everyone! Only TWO WEEKS after every single competition! That means no matter what we are still waiting until at least April!

Yeah see you this summer. Don't ask for my money when victory comes around.

SixKeys
01-20-2015, 09:19 AM
The alternative to not playing the club competition for gear is to wait two weeks from the completion of that specific competition for the gear to become available to buy.

This is the most laughable way to handle these so-called community events. This model doesn't mean everyone gets a fair chance at winning something exclusive, it means EVERYONE gets to play the waiting game at some point. Our club has won 2 competitions so far. Now our luck seems to be turning. The more competitions we lose, the less inclined people will be to keep on playing. So even if we get the first two or three pieces of gear early, who the hell cares? It just means we're gonna have to wait weeks for the rest to unlock, just like everybody else.

I don't think the person who came up with this idea thought this one through even halfway. It's comical.

rrebe
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
I think waiting 2 weeks is pretty reasonable.

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 02:41 PM
This is the most laughable way to handle these so-called community events. This model doesn't mean everyone gets a fair chance at winning something exclusive, it means EVERYONE gets to play the waiting game at some point. Our club has won 2 competitions so far. Now our luck seems to be turning. The more competitions we lose, the less inclined people will be to keep on playing. So even if we get the first two or three pieces of gear early, who the hell cares? It just means we're gonna have to wait weeks for the rest to unlock, just like everybody else.

I don't think the person who came up with this idea thought this one through even halfway. It's comical.

I would agrre with you if it wasn't for the 2 billions credo points bug in the club competition. Our club won the first 2 competition, and now we are face with this terrible hack/bug of a club with 2 billions points right at the competition. And you tell me because of this I cannot have my gear unlocked.... BRAVO Ubi for that decision. Until the club competition is really fix. I think it's a very good way to satisfy everyone.

RADAR__4077
01-20-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm not satisfied. I have been punished for preordering.

If I had known it would still be impossible to attempt to unlock the gear I want 3 months after release, I would have waited until the comps were over before paying $60.

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm not satisfied. I have been punished for preordering.

If I had known it would still be impossible to attempt to unlock the gear I want 3 months after release, I would have waited until the comps were over before paying $60.

You're so right !!! I'm not saying that I'm fully satisfied...
But as it seems that UBI are not able to fix once for all the club competition. So unlocking the gears two weeks after the real club competition is at least a way for us to have them...
I think it's better than nothing. But they could do, I agree, greatly better than this.

It's good to hear this from EscoBlades, but the real question is when it will come. When devs will implement this. With the new patch ??? like we say in french: "Dans la semaine des quatres jeudi".
It's one thing to tell things, but realy do it is another thing.

lets hope, finger crossed.

xPLAY3R1x
01-20-2015, 07:12 PM

Boy, you sure showed Radar with that clever word play.

FYI, I used to be a Community Liaison (who worked with CMs) for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, eight years ago.

I would never use a condescending or snarky retort like you just did.

You will not see my money for Victory, either.

I know you don't care, nor does UBISoft, but your lack of professionalism as a company representative, paid or not, is appalling.

rrebe
01-20-2015, 07:36 PM

FYI, I used to be a Community Liaison (who worked with CMs) for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, eight years ago.

I know you don't care, nor does UBISoft, but your lack of professionalism as a company representative, paid or not, is appalling.

To me it was a very straightforward reply, I think you're overreacting a little.

It's just some gear, it's not like they're holding the whole game hostage because your Club didn't do well enough..

EscoBlades
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Okay..i'm not sure how you interpreted my response to be a snarky retort. I merely clarified an important point and corrected his/her mistake.

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
It's just some gear, it's not like they're holding the whole game hostage because your Club didn't do well enough..

Ok... we see right here that you have never faced an hacking club or be in a bugged club competition to talk like that. Most of the player talking here do know what they are talking about...
My club had always finish first if it wasn't of this F***king bug or hack.

rrebe
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Ok... we see right here that you have never faced an hacking club or be in a bugged club competition to talk like that. Most of the player talking here do know what they are talking about...
My club had always finish first if it wasn't of this F***king bug or hack.

Oh, I have experience with that bug/hack/whatever causes the points going to the maximum. And while I admit it is annoying, it is not the end of the world. You're still going to be able to get the gear, 2 weeks isn't that long in the end. And getting enough money for that gear isn't very hard (and since they're Legendary gear, they're expensive for a reason)

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Oh, I have experience with that bug/hack/whatever causes the points going to the maximum. And while I admit it is annoying, it is not the end of the world. You're still going to be able to get the gear, 2 weeks isn't that long in the end. And getting enough money for that gear isn't very hard (and since they're Legendary gear, they're expensive for a reason)

Yes but the thing here, is this 2 weeks for gear unlocking will be implement in game one day...?
Only thing I red about this for now is what I call speculation. I want DEVS confirmation and a date. Because things is movin soooo slow with unity. I'm afraid that this will be implement by the summer.

This is my point. What If I could not get all the gears because of bug/hack whatever.
And why they cannot confirm if it's a bug or a hack !!! Are they afraid or what ????

RADAR__4077
01-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Okay..i'm not sure how you interpreted my response to be a snarky retort. I merely clarified an important point and corrected his/her mistake.

While we have your attention, how can you justify locking content behind a ridiculously long timer from people who preordered the game, when everyone who buys it later will get everything from the start?

Also 1 week difference after months of these ill conceived "competitions" doesn't make a very big difference.

joelsantos24
01-20-2015, 08:48 PM

Seriously? This is one bad decision after another...

It has been about two weeks since the round with the Sans-culottes Hood reward, and it seems it is not unlocked. So, what now?

EscoBlades
01-20-2015, 09:02 PM
It has been about two weeks since the round with the Sans-culottes Hood reward, and it seems it is not unlocked. So, what now?

The item should be available as of yesterday. We've had reports from those that were able to buy it.

Is it still unavailable for you?

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Seriously? This is one bad decision after another...

Alright, I'm really begging to think that the AC Community Manager are saying everything they want whitout any proof or confirmation from the DEVS team.

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 09:16 PM
The item should be available as of yesterday. We've had reports from those that were able to buy it.

Maybe it's another BUG........ I don't know........ :confused:

EscoBlades
01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Alright, I'm really begging to think that the AC Community Manager are saying everything they want whitout any proof or confirmation from the DEVS team.

That is precisely NOT what we do.

Also if you are still unable to buy the Sans Culottes hood, please report this to Support

support.ubi.com (http://support.ubi.com)

Pat_St-P
01-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Ok then, if you are so tied up with the devs team. Why don't just confirm if the 2 billions points is a bug or a hack once for all.

To show us, you have respect to your fans / consumers by the way.

We just want more public confirmation or confirmed announcement.
By this time, there's not enough informations and wrong things are said all over this forum.

thank you very much for your precious time.

joelsantos24
01-21-2015, 04:23 PM

It wasn't, but last night, after writing the post, it got unlocked. So, why would it take more time for me to be able to buy this?

Another concerning issue, regards the weapons. I must have bought one long weapon 3-4 times already, because every time I go back to a conventional sword (or any other weapon, for that matter), it gets unavailable again. Is this normal? I mean, do we really have to buy a weapon every time we might want to go back and use it?

EscoBlades
01-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Ok then, if you are so tied up with the devs team. Why don't just confirm if the 2 billions points is a bug or a hack once for all.

To show us, you have respect to your fans / consumers by the way.

We just want more public confirmation or confirmed announcement.
By this time, there's not enough informations and wrong things are said all over this forum.

thank you very much for your precious time.

The team have recently implemented a fix for this very issue and players are reporting seeing accurate scores across the board, with the glitched scores removed from the leaderboards.

My_Treehawk
01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
The team have recently implemented a fix for this very issue and players are reporting seeing accurate scores across the board, with the glitched scores removed from the leaderboards.

Yes, we can confirm and I have spoken to three other clubs that were formerly glitched - it looks like we are all back in business!!

You can tell your team that they just made 65 members here most happy!! Thanks for the confirmation - now we can get both of our clubs going again and can open recruiting up to fill the slots of Voc2 that we used to get around the glitch.

Learn more about us or apply to join at Vociferous Unity (http://vociferousunity.guildlaunch.com)

Pat_St-P
01-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Oh my GOD !!!

Club competition back to normal rank 1st once again.

All my excuses to EscoBlades... You just made my day right now.
Now I have complete faith in your words !!! ;-)

doktrin
01-21-2015, 08:31 PM
It wasn't, but last night, after writing the post, it got unlocked. So, why would it take more time for me to be able to buy this?

Another concerning issue, regards the weapons. I must have bought one long weapon 3-4 times already, because every time I go back to a conventional sword (or any other weapon, for that matter), it gets unavailable again. Is this normal? I mean, do we really have to buy a weapon every time we might want to go back and use it?

That's yet another lovely bug. As far as I know, there is no known workaround. You either need to live with never being able to own new weapons, or restore your save game file from a backup.

I hope you haven't played dead kings yet, because this means you won't be able to keep a bunch of the mission-reward weapons like the guillotine guns.

vegetollo7
01-23-2015, 03:32 AM
That's yet another lovely bug. As far as I know, there is no known workaround. You either need to live with never being able to own new weapons, or restore your save game file from a backup.

I hope you haven't played dead kings yet, because this means you won't be able to keep a bunch of the mission-reward weapons like the guillotine guns.

These bugs don't affect everyone. I haven't had any issues with having to re-buy weapons and I can equip and use all of the weapons from the Dead Kings DLC just fine.

joelsantos24
01-23-2015, 11:58 AM

Seriously? So, there is no hope? Spectacular!

Let me make this perfectly clear, I love Unity, I love every single aspect of it. That being said, it is also true that the game is riddled with errors and glitches, some small and somewhat unmeaningful, others crushingly significant. The essence of this problem, is that an amazing, beautiful game had to be so poorly enjoyed by so many people. Lest we forget, for many people, the game was blatantly broken.

The club competitions are a brilliant concept, a wonderful idea, but little more than that, I am afraid. If on paper, it works perfectly, in practice, it is far from it, to say the least. That which worries me most, regarding the club competitions, is the lack of understanding of the criteria used to draw the clubs into a determined group. I have mentioned this before, any given group will have clubs with 40-50 players, together with clubs with less than 10 players. Where is the justice in all of this? How can a club with less than 10 players be able to compete with one of 50 players? We cannot but understand and support those who have abandoned the program, because it simply does not work. No one needs the aggravation, no one needs to feel crushed by the overwhelming weight of the other club's numbers, especially when the rewards they are pursuing will be unlocked a couple of weeks later.

The bottom line is, this system does not work. The rounds take too long and the rewards are too few. We add the fact that the rewards are unlocked later, and the average person will see no impediment to leave the competition and the club. My club is still competing hard and true, as always, and we are currently first, but I empathize will all those who have been severe critics of the game, its errors and injustices. I absolutely love Unity, I absolutely love the AC series, but I paid more than 100€ for Unity (Bastille Edition and Season Pass), and considering how much content is still locked, I would light a fire and burn it to ash, if I was not a hardcore fan.

EscoBlades, any answer regarding my question concerning the weapons problem?

These bugs don't affect everyone. I haven't had any issues with having to re-buy weapons and I can equip and use all of the weapons from the Dead Kings DLC just fine.
Wonderful.

We all know these (and other) problems do not affect everyone, but those plagued with them are trying to voice their concerns. And of course, have those reach the developers.

Akasha_Ishtar
01-25-2015, 04:42 AM
Just a small question is there a total max points that a group can get to for the week, my little band of 6 have been pitted against groups of 50 all week and some of the scores I'm seeing are just crazy. We knew there was no point in even trying to fight it out but it's been interesting to see how massive the scores keep getting.

joelsantos24
01-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Just a small question is there a total max points that a group can get to for the week, my little band of 6 have been pitted against groups of 50 all week and some of the scores I'm seeing are just crazy. We knew there was no point in even trying to fight it out but it's been interesting to see how massive the scores keep getting.
The definition of justice, according to Ubisoft.

macadelic
01-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Is there a legend or place of reference for the first place rewards, cause I see an arrow and 2 swords crossed, I'm guessing the arrow represents a speed boost for the clan, but I have no idea about the swords

My_Treehawk
01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Is there a legend or place of reference for the first place rewards, cause I see an arrow and 2 swords crossed, I'm guessing the arrow represents a speed boost for the clan, but I have no idea about the swords

That either displays an armor piece (like a chest piece) for gear or the current icon for weapons - as in the sword this week. Yes, that first icon relates to one of the boost; the Divisions give greater boost pack rewards the higher you go.

My_Treehawk
01-25-2015, 03:47 PM

Yeah we do not understand how the matches are fair either. We average 6 to 10 million points each week between our 2 clubs. Look up Vociferous Unity in the Clan Recruitment section here on the forums, we are listed on the Official list there or you can learn more about us by visiting us at Vociferous Unity (http://vociferousunity.guildlaunch.com) -check us out if you want - we are currently recruiting. We do not see many clubs that we would call competing with us - but we are as we have been told "at the extreme end of the spectrum", so our numbers are our own goals (we actually pulled in over 4.5 million in under 8 hours just to see what we might be able to do) but even so we feel for all the others that are struggling and are being unfairly matched up against clubs like our own.

I have made suggestions to alter how the club competitions reward each club, to make the CC more fair and to encourage clubs that are not in first place against those with a substantial lead to keep going - as it is, as soon as we have a million or more lead, the others pretty much just stop scoring and that seems like a poor way to encourage people to remain in the competitions. This seems like a quick way to bring clubs to close down, rather than to encourage them to keep playing.

Here is the suggestion I have made, maybe we can hope for something akin to this to come about in the months ahead.

Basing it on a 1-5 ratio win situation seemed like a very isolating, and time stretching model that would only bring players that fell into one of several categories; those that do not like MP, those that cannot network themselves into a consistently winning group, and those that do not want to take months for gear to become available, especially when the perks its are predominately only for completion of acquisition, not for in game advantages which to be honest are so minor that it really does not matter what you have equipped the difference in the challenge presented is still minor. The current method beckons to something that was going to be more than it is now, but when reduced to what we have lost much of its translation and appeal. Here is our suggestion to UbiSoft:

Each week a SET is presented and the acquisition of creed point benchmarks unlocks an additional piece. For instance, in Week 5 the Sans-Culottes set is made available. For every 500,000 creed points you unlock 1 piece of the set REGARDLESS of what place you finish in that week. The winning club is awarded one of the locked weapons, or possibly even one of the locked companion app pieces, in addition to the set pieces that they unlock with their score. This method encourages the clubs that are being dominated (and thus eliminated) to continue to play and increase their score since the higher they go, the more they receive. It would shorten the required time to access all the gear for everyone that wants to put in a little effort, and would not isolate or discourage those that cannot continue to win CC events.

joelsantos24
01-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Dominated? Seriously? You come here and brag about leading two clubs that consistently score, on average, 6-10 million points, because, out of your own admittance, you are also consistently drawn into groups together with several clubs that display half (or much less) of you number of players?

Your suggestion is ludicrous, and ultimately too complex. Clubs that display half (or less) of the number of players present in the remaining clubs of a given group, should earn 5-20 fold the amount of Creed Points awarded to the players of more populated clubs. If clubs, such as yours, are able to consistently crush the opposition on the back of its sheer numbers, then Ubisoft should enable other avenues for the less populated clubs to remain competitive. You score more often, others would score more, period. Now that, would be fair.

My_Treehawk
01-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Dominated? Seriously? You come here and brag about leading two clubs that consistently score, on average, 6-10 million points, because, out of your own admittance, you are also consistently drawn into groups together with several clubs that display half (or much less) of you number of players?

Your suggestion is ludicrous, and ultimately too complex. Clubs that display half (or less) of the number of players present in the remaining clubs of a given group, should earn 5-20 fold the amount of Creed Points awarded to the players of more populated clubs. If clubs, such as yours, are able to consistently crush the opposition on the back of its sheer numbers, then Ubisoft should enable other avenues for the less populated clubs to remain competitive. You score more often, others would score more, period. Now that, would be fair.

Do you completely misunderstand everything that I said or do you not comprehend how the scoring works, I am rather confused. I NEVER said we compete against clubs with only a few members, as a matter of fact, the lowest membership of any club we have competed against to date (yes we look each one up) was 42. What I said was that the system is faulty in that it only awards one club and once that club has established a dominant lead the other clubs simply cave in. We have had several instances where a club kept up with us for the first million and a half point, but once the lead started to stretch out their daily scores dropped to about 20-40k a day - the amount any solo player could easily produce. I was stating that I sympathize with the clubs being matched up against larger clubs and that a better reward system that benefited ANY club that endeavored to put in the work and produce some points could be rewarded along with the winning club. Where you come up with your response boggles my mind - either you read a piece of it and formed an opinion, or perhaps I worded it in a way that was too difficult for you to comprehend and if that is the case I apologize.

"Crush the opposition on the back of its sheer numbers" - not quite mate, you perhaps are playing a different game or you are not reading what I have and am saying. Your statement might be true if we were pitted against a team of 6, but that has never been the case so do not make assumptions you have no basis for. We have seen clubs of 50 members score from 100k to 4 million, and I know of clubs with 20 members that can score 2 million and be quite lazy about it. As a matter of fact, we have never seen more than 34 of our own members participate in any one weeks event - so "technically" we are presenting and scoring for a team of 3/5 our displayed size. I make an effort to contact our competitors, to open up communications and offer them help in scoring when they respond so I know exactly what they are encountering and how they feel about the system. We often hold a club leaders conference (PS voice chat) with several other club leaders after a week's event to share feedback, to talk about what might make the game better and how we are managing our clubs to share ideas and improve each other.

"because, out of your own admittance, you are also consistently drawn into groups together with several clubs that display half (or much less) of you number of players?" Where did I make that statement? You seem to love to draw a conclusion from the entire lack of evidence and pronounce it as a fact.

What do you mean by "Clubs that display half (or less) of the number of players present in the remaining clubs of a given group, should earn 5-20 fold the amount of Creed Points awarded to the players of more populated clubs." that makes no competitive sense - not to mention that we can put just 21 of our members on for a week and pull in over 6 million points - we have done that already - in the week we split the main club and started the second one - so how do you figure what you are saying is coherent in any way.?. I think that you are trying to suggest that clubs get a modifier to their score to adjust it for membership? Sorry that does not work, as I mention several time - 21 members score 6 million, and 12 members score 4.5 million in an 8 hour session. So how can your idea even be feasible? No, they need to make it so that effort is rewarded regardless of who wins that week, that way all clubs want to continue to put in the effort each week, even if they are being dominated - with the suggestion I provided a dominant club would only get a bonus award and should advance beyond those they were facing (except the #2 club), while any club in that group had an equal chance at being rewarded items and any club that can pull in 2 million points has earned them all.

Too complex? What is complex about a system that unlocks based on the amount of creed points a club can achieve in a week? There are FAR more complex algorithms in place in the game than that simple coding so here again, I do not understand where you are coming from in your statement? That would be not only one of the easiest to implement, but would also have effects that even the smallest club could benefit from. In fact, that EXACT system is what unlocks the gear for each member of a winning club once they reach the 500 pt minimum - how can an existing system in the game be too complex unless you seriously do not understand how the game works or have never played in a competition.

"Dominated?' Did I even use that word in the context that WE dominate (to have even drawn that word from the end of my post and use it in the context of what was said in the beginning show me you did not understand what you were reading) - NO, not at all. I said it as a descriptor for clubs that ARE being dominated and are becoming discouraged as a means to explain why what was presented would benefit them. Had I wanted to state we were "dominating" I would have posted the scores of the other clubs, I said "We do not see many clubs that we would call competing with us" - YOU chose to see that as "Dominating" - sorry for your comprehensive skills there mate. You seem to love to read into stuff what is not there; are you taking the time to read what is written here, or are you creating your own reality from bits and pieces of what was presented as a means to remove the current issues of 4 clubs losing against a poorly designed matchmaking system and having to wait the 2 additional weeks to purchase that week's piece that I was discussing? On another note - from the club leaders that I communicate with the way it is going now many clubs are going to dissolve once they start going up against competitive clubs, create a new one and start over in the easy Bronze divisions so they do not have to grind as hard as they would against the upper tiers - does that make any sense - NO, but that is what the system we now have in place presents as the easiest option to ensure a lazy way of winning. That works against the whole idea of the club competitions.

So what I am saying here in this overly verbose response is that the entire first part of your statement is totally and utterly false. I am not bragging, I am stating facts upon which those that are reading it can easily see - those statements back up what I was presenting. ANY club can score like that if they want to - We have seem club competitions with other clubs (in matches that did not include our club) where the top three clubs in that match were scoring 9.4, 8.8 and 8.6 million each - and only 1 (the 3rd place club) had 50 members.

If you go back and read what i said it offers exactly what you ask for in your closing statement "then Ubisoft should enable other avenues for the less populated clubs to remain competitive." what was suggested was an avenue that would allow ALL clubs a chance to get the gear they want. Ideally they would also take steps to make the matchmaking more competitive, but even that has its issues as club sizes change and what I did not mention about that 8 hour - 4.5 million points (because i thought "that" might sound like bragging) is that is was only 12 of our members that did it - that makes for an awfully small club and shows what even a few can do for scoring. Unless you are making the ludicrous suggestion with that comment that if another club puts in a herculean effort and scores a massive amount of points all the other clubs pitted against them should be awarded "handicap points" so that they do not have to actually go into the game and earn them? But you could not possibly mean that could you, because THAT would be far more complex than what I suggested, not to mention that under that condition clubs like my own could then break up into 7 or 8 smaller groups and instead of 'dominating" just the 8 we are currently against, your suggestion offers up another 40 clubs that would lose out - that makes a whole lot of sense as far as seeing an improvement to the system, lets offer up a way to isolate even more clubs. If what you are suggesting is that smaller clubs should get a "score multiplier" then in that scenario the team of 12 I mentioned would have accrued over 112 million points just using your smallest suggested modifier of '5" and over 500 million on your upper end. That works out real well right?

Will that suggestion I made help the clubs to win - NO, only effort and skill can do that, and as I have said, even clubs of 12 members can compete with any of the larger clubs if they put the effort in, not to mention that you are following the presumption that a 50 member club fields all 50 members each week- trust me, we are one of the most active out here, and we police our clubs for inactive members and remove them and even then, a few more than 30 on in a single week is a good week for us. I was not talking about helping clubs to WIN, since most clubs are only trying to win to get that piece of gear, using that as the basis for a club to want to win then the suggestion provided allows all 5 clubs to WIN to whatever degree they want to achieve.

If there are players out there that want to learn how to score like us it is available to them, we hold no secrets all it takes is a visit to our website (http://vociferousunity.guildlaunch.com) and some small amount of reading in one of our AC guides we have there. Along with that we welcome those that are struggling in a small group to come as a group and join us, if we need to we will open up even yet another club so that anyone that wants to learn how can come in and be a part of what we have established - read our club description at the site and see if we would be something you'd like to be a part of.

But the truth of it is, even small clubs can compete against larger ones if they know what they are doing, it is not an issue of the club size as much it is putting in the effort, learning how to generate 4200 to 6000 creed points per 2-man team kill instead of several hundred that many are currently gaining, and perhaps recruiting a few more members to jump in with you if your club is below 12 members which IMHO is too few to remain competitive beyond the Silver II division. Once you learn the techniques you do not even need to stay within the two suggested (and score modifying) events for that week - we stopped that a couple weeks ago and now run whatever co-op or heist we feel like jumping into and can still remain competitive in scores of several million and are not grinding half as hard as the ones that are still struggling with the 900pt kills.

What he is implying (size of club matters) is not at all true - we have proven it, we have seen small clubs produce some staggering scores and I have shown other club leaders how to triple or quadruple their scores - it is in your approach and your dedication to reach those numbers, far more that the faults of the matchmaking system. We just want to see more people get the rewards they deserve for the effort that they put in, instead of what they are rewarded with now - which is both discouragement and a feeling of never being good enough to ever win that piece and giving in to the wait for its release. But being given a way to WIN a competition was not the point of my post - rewarding YOUR effort was.

In that you could not comprehend the point or content of the original post I do not anticipate a response other than one similar to your last one (I could be wrong, but I doubt it), All of this was for the benefit of those reading and following the topic and in which I allowed your rather short and blasphemous reply to give me the opportunity to further explain what I said earlier in far more detail and with greater emphasis on the parts that you seemed to miss. Maybe you are just upset because you have to keep buying and unlocking your gear and that has frustrated you to the point where you jump on here and make ridiculous assumptions - in that case I am glad to have been an outlet for you, but that will not get those items fixed any more than your suggestion will help out any of the struggling clubs. At least I am trying to find something that brings everyone together, allows each club a chance to get what they deserve - but that is because I care about all the clubs, the players and the game - not about a piece of gear I may not be able to access that I own, or not getting my 100% sync for the first time in AC because of some broken companion app. I want these competitions to succeed, I hope that they find a way to include and encourage the clubs and their members, and I feel for those that are the victims of what some believe is a poorly executed system that will inevitably push people away from this aspect of the game.

Akasha_Ishtar
01-26-2015, 03:29 AM
The definition of justice, according to Ubisoft.

Oh yea there was no hope of us even taken on these guys but hey that's what we get for wining a couple of rounds, guess the little guys should know better...lol

joelsantos24
01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
(...)
You are claiming that your clubs do not get drawn into groups with smaller clubs than your own? To be perfectly clear on this, I do not believe you, period. From my experience, from my friends', and from many who are writing here also, including Akasha_Ishtar (whose club has 6 players), for instance, crushingly smaller clubs are consistently thrown to the lions, ever single round. And yet, you claim to be the exception?

I do not want to restrain you from writing your barrages of texts, but simply and shortly, it is all about competitiveness. If the smaller clubs have no means of remaining competitive, the competition is flawed from it's core. My club, of 29 players, has been drawn against smaller clubs, as little as 8 players, for many rounds. And along with us in those groups, we have had clubs with 45 players and more. We have managed to win every single round, except one, so far, but how can the clubs with 8 players or less remain competitive? Or more importantly, what are they doing there, against clubs with 20-50 players? The groups levels or divisions should be defined by the level of the clubs involved.

Clubs like yours are destroying this aspect of the game, and your answer is: "come join us, visit our website, blah, blah, blah!" What if they do not want to? What if they do not like your club? What if they do not want to play with you? To add insult to injury, you speak of more than 20 players (or more than 10 players) playing and scoring points during sessions of 8 hours? What is this? Who has the time to spare and play 8 hour sessions? Some people talk about your clubs standing at the most radical and extreme edge of the spectrum? It could not be more right. In our club, we have jobs, we have have classes, etc, so we can only play at night, and for 2-4 hours at most. No, the answer is not joining your club or any other, the answer lies with a method that can improve (or increase) the competitiveness of this game, and therefore increase the probability of success of smaller clubs. An important and crucial first step, would be to clarify on the rules of the draws, or to define fair rules that can distribute the existing clubs in a more well-balanced manner.

Oh yea there was no hope of us even taken on these guys but hey that's what we get for wining a couple of rounds, guess the little guys should know better...lol
Yeah, I could not agree with you more.

My_Treehawk
01-26-2015, 03:23 PM
You are claiming that your clubs do not get drawn into groups with smaller clubs than your own? To be perfectly clear on this, I do not believe you, period. From my experience, from my friends', and from many who are writing here also, including Akasha_Ishtar (whose club has 6 players), for instance, crushingly smaller clubs are consistently thrown to the lions, ever single round. And yet, you claim to be the exception?

...My club, of 29 players, has been drawn against smaller clubs, as little as 8 players, for many rounds.

therein is the answer to your "disbelief" we have been matched with the same couple of clubs for weeks as they moved up along with us and those that have replaced them have been of an equitable size.

I do thank you for surprising me, your reply was at least proof that you read some of that answer. And while we may disagree on what needs to be done, we do agree that the way it is the competitions are in need of some serious improvements. We (and others) can present many means of accomplishing it, but only UbiSoft has the power to make these happen.

Why offer them a place to go when they cannot compete on their own - I think the logic of that answers itself, I also offered them to come see what we do differently to allow them to compete and you kind of ignored that. But that is fine, you have your views, I have mine in the end we can agree to disagree and we both still have to deal with what we are given here.

"Clubs like mine are destroying it" - really? I thought that was UbiSoft's approach to the competitions, but sure you can blame us. I guess by your perception clubs should downsize and stop putting in effort so YOU can compete - I know, you want the clubs to be placed based on size but that is not going to work so the answer must lay somewhere else.

"What if they do not want to" - I would suggest that they not apply to us then, though already several have so I think that some of these folks are in opposition to your theory. Until we see some means to balance the way it works then players will have to decide if they want to struggle against larger clubs, do as some and just drop the current club that is against larger ones and create a new one until they are in a match that seems balanced (yes some are already using that as a way around it), or just simply giving up altogether.

Do you seriously think all our members are always playing - HAH, maybe a small handful - I can attest to that, but the majority (including myself) only have a couple days a week to contribute time and for us that is great, this is a game not a career and we do not expect them to be on and playing everyday. I thought my "lucky to get 30 on a week" comment might have insinuated that but whatever..

UbiJustin
01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Please note that we have posted a new FAQ on the Club Competitions, and we recommend that you continue this discussion on that thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1002582-Club-Competitions-FAQ).