PDA

View Full Version : Does Aiden have...

travilanche
01-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Just started playing Watch Dogs. Love it. It is like if assassins creed and GTA had a baby. What I am wondering is...the game obviously takes place in the AC universe. So does Aiden have first civilization DNA? That John Marsten thing he does is pretty cool, and normal people can't do that.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-11-2015, 11:02 AM
AC lore isn't really mentioned in the game. The only major thing I can think of is:

AC4 SPOILERS BELOW:

You kill Olivier Garneau from Abstergo Entertainment in one of the side missions. Apart from that there are only minor easter eggs.

So in short I highly highly HIGHLY doubt he has first civ DNA.

In terms of that focus mode that's just a bit of a standard when it comes to open world shooters. Games like GTAV have it as well.

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I really really wish that they connect the two franchises together. W_D didn’t really do very well. I personally loved it. But I think it needs some major improvements. So if they somehow end up making both franchises, two sides of the same coin, exploring the Assassins and Templars in modern day and historical times, that would be epic. We already have the Garneau easter egg, and I really wish we get more of that.

If they do so, and perhaps introduce parkour and the Assassins themselves in W_D, that would be just phenomenal, because it means we will finally have the modern day Assassin’s Creed game that many of us have always wanted without having to call itself AC. I think it would be a lot better for W_D to be a supporter of AC rather than a rival of GTA.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-11-2015, 02:22 PM
I really really wish that they connect the two franchises together. W_D didn’t really do very well. I personally loved it. But I think it needs some major improvements. So if they somehow end up making both franchises, two sides of the same coin, exploring the Assassins and Templars in modern day and historical times, that would be epic. We already have the Garneau easter egg, and I really wish we get more of that.

If they do so, and perhaps introduce parkour and the Assassins themselves in W_D, that would be just phenomenal, because it means we will finally have the modern day Assassin’s Creed game that many of us have always wanted without having to call itself AC. I think it would be a lot better for W_D to be a supporter of AC rather than a rival of GTA.

I somewhat agree and disagree at the same time.

It would be an absolute dream come true if it was treated as a modern day Assassin's Creed. AC lore is extremely interesting and it would be cool if that was tied into the W_D storyline.

On the flipside however I would rather the two be separated. Let Watch_Dogs be Watch_Dogs and let AC be AC. W_D is pretty unique with it's hacking gameplay, and it can touch on a lot of interesting themes and ideas that AC couldn't.

And to be honest I kind of see W_D as a modern day AC anyway, just without the name.

Shahkulu101
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
No, Aiden does not have TWCB DNA.

The bullet time feature is present due to a severe lack of creativity.

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
I somewhat agree and disagree at the same time.

It would be an absolute dream come true if it was treated as a modern day Assassin's Creed. AC lore is extremely interesting and it would be cool if that was tied into the W_D storyline.

On the flipside however I would rather the two be separated. Let Watch_Dogs be Watch_Dogs and let AC be AC. W_D is pretty unique with it's hacking gameplay, and it can touch on a lot of interesting themes and ideas that AC couldn't.

And to be honest I kind of see W_D as a modern day AC anyway, just without the name.

Well I really loved how W_D was promoted as a heavily story-driven hacking and conspiracy game. But when the game came out, hacking felt like just another game mechanism. Like if we were told that Aiden can do magic or a has special powers, it would’ve been no different and the story focused heavily on gangs and gangsters like GTA. So to see W_D introducing parkour and heading towards the conspiracy theory side which AC had, at least in the Glyphs and Rift puzzles, that would be a lot more interesting. Cause the hacking will be there as a gameplay mechanic and a story as well.