PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried running AC4 on Intel integrated graphics? (4th gen Haswell)

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 04:15 AM
Sorry if the question is dumb. I'm able to run AC1 through AC3 on my laptop, which only has 4th generation Haswell integrated graphics -- and it's my only PC. I'm wondering whether it's possible to run AC4 at tolerable framerates on such a setup; if it is, I might consider purchasing Rogue on PC when it comes out.

Alphacos007
01-11-2015, 04:17 AM
I haven't tryed, but AC4 has somewhat of a bad port so I don't think you can run it on integrated graphics. I have a 880M and I can't run it maxed out with acceptable FPS.

Lignjoslav
01-11-2015, 05:06 AM
AC4 performance is all over the place. People with awesome hardware complained, others with mainstream parts ran it great and in fact better than AC3. I've seen videos with Intel HD Graphics 4400, which should be Haswell, but they didn't state the resolution.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I'd be OK if it ran at 720p, with everything dialed all the way down. Though I guess you just can't trust a bad console port.

I shudder to think how frustrated I was with GTA4, on a machine that 'on paper' appeared perfectly capable of running it.