PDA

View Full Version : Lizard Faction ( HOMM 3 FORTRSS )

janniz92
01-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

so is it possible to add this start faction from HOMM 3 to HOMM 7? I mean they werenīt in any other HOMM and i rly miss them.

So what do yu think about it? Do you want to see them after a long break or are you happy that the Sylvaner are at least in the game?

In the polls that made by Ubi the Lizards never appeard and maybe are forgotten but i will remeber them XD Pls it would be so cool.

grz

shop47737D938
01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,

so is it possible to add this start faction from HOMM 3 to HOMM 7? I mean they werenīt in any other HOMM and i rly miss them.

So what do yu think about it? Do you want to see them after a long break or are you happy that the Sylvaner are at least in the game?

In the polls that made by Ubi the Lizards never appeard and maybe are forgotten but i will remeber them XD Pls it would be so cool.

grz

I would love to see the H3 Fortress return. I don't know why Ubi ignores this faction; it has certainly become a cult favorite among many fans. Maybe it's because Ubi has turned all the factions into race-centric and religion-centric "kingdoms" and the H3 Fortress was one of the factions least based on a central race and, furthermore, in Ashan all the dragon gods are already taken by other factions. Trying to create a greater sense of cohesion within a faction isn't bad, but there are more ways to do that than just making everything focused on race and religion. An H3 Fortress reincarnated in H7 doesn't have to, and shouldn't, be race-centric or adhere to the simplistic and overly restrictive religious design of the other factions. If Ubi were to bring back H3 Fortress (and I really hope they do!) I would deeply, desperately urge them to maintain as much of the old, beastly flavor as possible.

Thea_Elyra
01-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Well, I'd love it! HoMM 3 Fortress is honestly one of favorite factions in the Heroes universe, so I'd be thrilled at a chance to play with them again. I guess the chance of it actually happening is somewhere between 'slim' and 'very unlikely' unfortunately. I concur with shop47737D938 in that, unless the faction was heavily redesigned, it wouldn't really fit with the rest of the race-centric and religion-centric factions. I personally don't see that as a problem though. They could function a bit like the orcs and the wizards, in that, they don't really worship a dragon-god, but rather specific animalistic deities or totems and such. Or they could be complete atheists, or maybe have a more buddihstic approach to religion; it doesn't have to be tied to a dragon-god in my mind, cause it seems most dragon-gods don't really interfere all that much with the "lesser" creatures anyway. I mean, them not following the same ideals and structures as the current factions just makes the more interesting and unique, honestly. They don't have to race-centric; maybe the faction just is a multitude of various races working together for the same goals. Gnolls and lizardsmen and basilisks in alliance with each other, for whatever reason. I agree with shop47737D938; they should keep the atmosphere of the H3 Fortress intact, with beasts, dark swamps and all.

RobvD84
01-30-2015, 10:44 PM
I agree i would love to see them back.

LittleSirSteel
02-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Heroes 3 Fortress IS in the Heroes universe now, it's called Sanctuary.
That's what Sanctuary is based off, they're both swamp fanctions with a Reptillian focus.
Sure it's been changed a lot, but a few of the factions have been.
Inferno is demons now, not aliens like it used to be.

Thea_Elyra
02-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Heroes 3 Fortress IS in the Heroes universe now, it's called Sanctuary.
That's what Sanctuary is based off, they're both swamp fanctions with a Reptillian focus.
Sure it's been changed a lot, but a few of the factions have been.
Inferno is demons now, not aliens like it used to be.

I see what you're saying, but I would still argue that Sanctuary is a new faction that was inspired by the old Fortress, not really based on it. For starters, Sanctuary isn't really swamp-based, they're water based, due to their ties with Shalassa. Their whole style is actually based more on Asian architecture, philosophy and ideology, with the nagas being the main race. The only thing they have in common to me is the creatures (reptillian), but their design is vastly different from each other.

Also, Inferno being demons versus being aliens haven't really changed their design, outlook or philosophy all that much, imho.