PDA

View Full Version : NAT type strict? Can't play multiplayer AC unity

NoxiousBacon
01-10-2015, 11:14 AM
So today I noticed that I was unable to play online in assassins creed unity but I was able to play yesterday and the day before and so on so forth. I tried turning my xbox one and disconnecting then connecting again to the Internet. I then got back into unity and when I was about to select an online mission it said something about my NAT type being strict. That's the thing my NAT type is open, I tried testing the multiplayer connection and it said everything was fine. So what do I do? No one in my house has touched the router or has done anything to it so I don't know what is going on. And one again my NAT type is OPEN!!! Thanks!

RinoTheBouncer
01-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Well when I do Test Connection on my PS4, it says I’m NAT Type 2. However, when I play ACU, it says that I’m NAT Type 3, for some reason and that it’s gonna take a while to find a match. It started after Patch 3, as far as I remember and I didn’t change anything with my connection.

NoxiousBacon
01-10-2015, 01:27 PM
So do u still have this problem?

Jackdaw951
01-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Did you give your Xbox a static IP address? Because if it's the usual dynamically assigned IP, it can change depending on what device goes online first. If the address changes, then the port forwarding will go to the wrong place.

thegypsy66
01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Did you give your Xbox a static IP address? Because if it's the usual dynamically assigned IP, it can change depending on what device goes online first. If the address changes, then the port forwarding will go to the wrong place.

Yea, that can be an issue fer sure. If your having issues related to the NAT being strict or moderate, then I would search Google for your router name and "set open nat type". That should bring back more than a few fixes. It took me a while, but I got mine opened fairly easily (Dlink).

Beyond that, I have been unable to find a match online since yesterday... no idea why. Just stopped working... who knows. It might not even be related to your NAT settings.

GH0STSoldier00
01-10-2015, 09:43 PM
I couldnt play Unity co-op all day yesterday and its the same thing today. It was fine before. I know a lot of people are facing a similar problem.

ACfan443
01-11-2015, 12:45 AM
Assign a static IP address to your Xbox via router settings and then place it in a demilitarised zone (DMZ), it'll bypass all port filters and give you either an Open or Type 2 NAT. I did this a few years ago when my PS3 began having connectivity issues after I switched to a new ISP. Alternatively, you can configure inbound and outbound services manually by entering specific port codes into your router for individual game servers (which you can search up online for each game you play), it's the safer of the two configurations but takes longer to set up, so you're better off using the DMZ method, works like a charm.

EDIT: just thought I'd add, I didn't have to do this for my PS4 though, it doesn't seem to have issues communicating with my router like my PS3 does.

thegypsy66
01-11-2015, 02:52 PM
I couldnt play Unity co-op all day yesterday and its the same thing today. It was fine before. I know a lot of people are facing a similar problem.

Yea, I haven't been able to connect to a coop sessions for a few days now. Regardless of NAT settings lol... it won't matter if one can't even access the multiplayer features

Mr_Shade
01-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Well when I do Test Connection on my PS4, it says I’m NAT Type 2. However, when I play ACU, it says that I’m NAT Type 3, for some reason and that it’s gonna take a while to find a match. It started after Patch 3, as far as I remember and I didn’t change anything with my connection.

Patch 3 added in game checking your NAT Type based on ports used in the game - and started alerting to NAT Type 3 [or Strict]

Before that - some users with Type 3 or Strict where cuasing issues to the wider community with delays in match making and connection issues - so now the game only matches those players with others of the same NAT type.

If you wish to improve that - you need to open some ports and make sure your router is not blocking them.

The game maybe using ports that the consoles connection checks are not checking - hence it maybe confusing.

Currently - some Xbox One owners may have some issues:
We're aware of an issue some players are having with ACU co-op and are working to resolve it.

We'll update when further info is available.

@assassinscreed