PDA

View Full Version : Which game did you think added the least to the overall story?

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Basically, which game do you think was the most useless for the franchise in terms of story progression
Did it not push the story forward at all?
Did it push it in the wrong direction?
Don't answer based on what game you hate the most, think about the stuff that it adds to the series

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 12:10 AM
Liberation and Unity

>Liberation had nothing. it was a random story that barely connected with anyone. the MD also didnt really exist.
>Unity has the same issue as Liberation

AC1 was a building block
AC3 had the conclusion to the desmond saga
>ACIV had a subplot with a sage that went nowhere. Though it did introduce adewale who was connected to the box, freedom cry, and rogue.... (admittedly this is a very loose connection so still debating if should include in list)
ACRo gave closure to some characters and expanded on others (tho MD went nowhere)

I have to replay the Ezio games because I don't remember what happens much but IIRC:
>AC2 also acted as a building block in a way but didnt move MD forward much IIRC
>ACB moved MD forward but didnt add much in terms of ancestry
>Revelations offered tons of closure both in ancestry and MD

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
AC II, plain and simple. There's no context even.

AC I was a great set up. You were a helpless prisoner, you were given subtle hints of what was going on in the outside world (Though that went to ****) and it all felt like it was building towards something bigger. The satellite, Leila Morino, 16, Artifacts, end of the world.

AC II did NOTHING to advance the overall story. It's only contribution was showing that everyone and their mothers were Templars. It did nothing with what was introduced in AC I.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 12:16 AM
you didnt add Liberation in the poll, kiwi.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Unity. Plain and simple.

Bishop agrees with me. :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
01-10-2015, 12:22 AM
All of them added something.

Altair1789
01-10-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm saying Unity. We learned about the helix stuff but it didn't further the story much

Also, topazio, I'm assuming your signature is supposed to be an all templar thing, but Al Mualim wasn't a templar

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 12:30 AM
I'm saying Unity. We learned about the helix stuff but it didn't further the story much

Also, topazio, I'm assuming your signature is supposed to be an all templar thing, but Al Mualim wasn't a templar

Might as well add Elise or Otso Berg. :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
01-10-2015, 12:32 AM

They are billains.

But yes, it was a mistake I made when I made this sig back in the days and I'm too lazy (and don't really care) to change it now, but of course I will never admit that I made a mistake.

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 12:34 AM
you didnt add Liberation in the poll, kiwi.

Liberation is a given
Its obvious that it adds nothing
Plus, its not a main game

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 12:35 AM
Al Mualim wasnt a templar? :0

*falls into a pile of idiocy*

I thought he was the 10th templar in disguise. wat.

he's even called a templar in Rogue IIRC

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 12:38 AM

In the profiling video he is described as "like templar"

But moving on :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
01-10-2015, 12:40 AM

Actually Otso Berg in his video emphasizes the fact that Al Mualim was not a Templar, something done probably because of the fact that many fans think he was a Templar.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 12:40 AM

Otso Berg said he wasn't.

http://youtu.be/Icg0fGhfoj4

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 12:41 AM
:0 :0 :0

why did I think he was a templar then? hnghhhh

so even in AC1 the main antagonist wasnt a templar.....

woah bruh

so he was just an unaligned power hungry bloke?

*in the middle of reading the secret crusade*

edit:

ah so he in the very least associated with the templars

ze_topazio
01-10-2015, 12:44 AM
He worked with them in order to acquire the apple of eden.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 12:51 AM
so even in AC1 the main antagonist wasnt a templar.....
Like AC II and ACB lel

johnsmith145
01-10-2015, 12:52 AM
F*ck, I read the title wrong and answered AC2. Obviously I meant Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Like AC II and ACB lel

https://31.media.tumblr.com/476fe0d9cd017289ee8230e4a0fd7bce/tumblr_inline_n43r4cHTbW1qct9oj.gif

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 12:53 AM

At least _M now has a friend

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 12:55 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/476fe0d9cd017289ee8230e4a0fd7bce/tumblr_inline_n43r4cHTbW1qct9oj.gif
Cesare's crazy and Rodrigo's lazy.

Fate.

wvstolzing
01-10-2015, 12:57 AM
AC II did NOTHING to advance the overall story. It's only contribution was showing that everyone and their mothers were Templars. It did nothing with what was introduced in AC I.

FWIW, it introduced the 'solar flare' arc, and the bizarre notion of the 'prophet'.

I'm not a fan of either notion, and I think the themes established in AC1 could have been advanced in more interesting ways. The whole point about Minerva's 'probability calculations' and her hologram speaking to the protagonist from inside a 'time vault' is a somewhat clumsy adaptation of Asimov's 'psychohistory' from the Foundation series; and I wasn't convinced by it there either. Though at least Asimov doesn't allow for future probability calculations to *pinpoint* a single individual after 50000 years.

EmptyCrustacean
01-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Tempted to vote Unity but I haven't finished Rogue yet so we shall see.

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 01:09 AM
Tempted to vote Unity but I haven't finished Rogue yet so we shall see.

Rogue adds heaps
It gives closure to many previous characters and explains the early years/the downfall of the american brotherhood
It also gives a lot of infortmation pertaining to the modern day happenings of both the templars and the assassins

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 01:11 AM
Rogue adds heaps
It gives closure to many previous characters and explains the early years/the downfall of the american brotherhood
It also gives a lot of infortmation pertaining to the modern day happenings of both the templars and the assassins

to be fair, it really doesnt add much in terms of MD.

its basically one bloke sending a video and being like "HAH, take THAT assassins!"

aL_____eX
01-10-2015, 01:13 AM

its basically one bloke sending a video and being like "HAH, take THAT assassins!"
I played Rogue for 4 hours so far and it's still more modern day progression then in whole Unity.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 01:16 AM
FWIW, it introduced the 'solar flare' arc, and the bizarre notion of the 'prophet'.

I'm not a fan of either notion, and I think the themes established in AC1 could have been advanced in more interesting ways. The whole point about Minerva's 'probability calculations' and her hologram speaking to the protagonist from inside a 'time vault' is a somewhat clumsy adaptation of Asimov's 'psychohistory' from the Foundation series; and I wasn't convinced by it there either. Though at least Asimov doesn't allow for future probability calculations to *pinpoint* a single individual after 50000 years.
The end of the world line was introduced in AC I as the satellite launch, so it was there from the beginning. AC II retconned it and made it about the sun, for reasons that are inexpiable. The bizarre notion of the prophet was really nothing of substance to the modern day. it was just a contrived device to make Ezio seem like a super important individual, which is very confusing because we already HAD a very important individual: Desmond.

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 01:20 AM

Have you listened to/read all of the bits of info from the computers and tablets?
Because it tells you all about what the templars are up to and their battles with assassin resistances
A lot of info, but to be fair, its not exactly the most exciting way to get info

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 01:21 AM
I played Rogue for 4 hours so far and it's still more modern day progression then in whole Unity.

That's not a fair comparison.

A rock has more modern day progression than Unity.

Have you listened to/read all of the bits of info from the computers and tablets?
Because it tells you all about what the templars are up to and their battles with assassin resistances
A lot of info, but to be fair, its not exactly the most exciting way to get info

i despise that method of getting info so i tend to avoid it

but since im biased for templars i did look around for haytham data entry

I-Like-Pie45
01-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Unity does not count because the overarching story ended in AC3 meaning there was no story for it to add onto in the first place so obviously AC2 is the most worthless.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 01:53 AM
Unity does not count because the overarching story ended in AC3 meaning there was no story for it to add onto in the first place so obviously AC2 is the most worthless.
You know, for a sarcastic bear, your posts are good from time to time.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 01:57 AM
I often forget the ezio trilogy exists tbh

though overall story isnt exclusively modern day

but if you dont count installments with no modern day, then yeah ac2 may have the least modern day specifically

(but in that case I might argue Rogue or ACIV have the least in terms of story)

(but again i have to replay the ezio trilogy)

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 02:02 AM
That's not a fair comparison.

A rock has more modern day progression than Unity.
That's not a fair comparison either. If you're treating Unity as something that's supposed to progress something else. If you're treating Unity as a set up, though, maybe it'd look different because apart from Bishop's last sentence, it was a pretty good set up that has potential for further titles.

They weren't kidding when they said Unity goes back to the roots. Unity has as much progression as AC I, they're both set ups. AC IV was a bridge. AC U is the end of that bridge and the beginning of a new frontier.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
my problem is all the last 3 titles have been "set ups"

ACIV

Rogue

Unity

they're all "set ups"

but they dont go anywhere

and according to Darby, they arent going anywhere anytime soon

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
Why is Liberation not in this poll? :rolleyes:

But I think ACII did little based on what I remember.

And I haven't played Unity or Rogue yet, but according to what I'm hearing Rogue adds a lot and Unity doesnt.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Why is Liberation not in this poll? :rolleyes:

But I think ACII did little based on what I remember.

And I haven't played Unity or Rogue yet, but according to what I'm hearing Rogue adds a lot ( not much though) and Unity doesnt.

There. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 02:12 AM
my problem is all the last 3 titles have been "set ups"

ACIV

Rogue

Unity

they're all "set ups"

but they dont go anywhere

and according to Darby, they arent going anywhere anytime soon
AC IV wasn't a set up, it was a bridge. it was its own self contained story. Shaun and Rebecca were still lingering, Desmond's legacy was explored and we were still in the Kenway line. it was the bridging point from the Desmond saga to what's new. Your dislike of first person has nothing to do with what AC IV's modern did. You and I had this discussion before and I simply don't just disagree but I find it factually incorrect to say that AC IV's modern day offered nothing new. But I respect your opinion. Look at AC IV as the aftermath to Desmond's death.

Now, AC Rogue is the same case as with AC IV, i'd even go so far as to say that it does more for the modern day, since their seems to be a new Assassin Purge taking place.

Unity is the start of what's coming, what's new.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:16 AM
ACIV's modern day was too uneventful for me to consider it a self containing story. and im not saying there isnt enough explosions. just nothing happens. sage shows up. juno shows up to possess you. turns out she cant and sage dies. thats it. in rogue some bloke wants shay's lifestory, gets it, and emails it to assassins. thats it. its like lol wat.

and when did i mention first person?

first person/ third person has nothing to do with anything. i have no qualms with first person. bioshock infinite is first person and i love it.

i didnt say nothing new. i said nothing is accomplished in terms of story.

and if unity is the start of something new, it's more like reading the first sentence of a 5,000 page book. at least to me.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 02:25 AM
ACIV's modern day was too uneventful for me to consider it a self containing story. and im not saying there isnt enough explosions. just nothing happens. sage shows up. juno shows up to possess you. turns out she cant and sage dies. thats it. in rogue some bloke wants shay's lifestory, gets it, and emails it to assassins. thats it. its like lol wat.
How is the introduction of sages, seeing what Juno is doing, sending Desmond off and getting lots and lots of data from computers NOT eventful? Rogue's ending signifies the start of another Assassin purge, mate. He doesn't JUST email them Shay's story. What exactly is eventful to you?

and when did i mention first person?
You always complain about the "floating I pad"

i didnt say nothing new. i said nothing is accomplished in terms of story.
Because there's nothing to accomplish. A bridge is to be crossed. You wanted a city to be built ON TOP of that bridge, with cars, trains and telephone lines. AC IV's modern day is not some big, overarching story. It's the bridge from one overarching story to another.

and if unity is the start of something new, it's more like reading the first sentence of a 5,000 page book. at least to me.
This is really your problem, you're always exaggerating. Anything has a start, whether it's a sentence or a page, there's always a set up. If it's not enough for you, then okay but you shouldn't judge unity on some unrealistic standard. You're judging it on something it never set out to be.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:32 AM
How is the introduction of sages, seeing what Juno is doing, sending Desmond off and getting lots and lots of data from computers NOT eventful? Rogue's ending signifies the start of another Assassin purge, mate. He doesn't JUST email them Shay's story. What is eventful to you?

that's not a story, that's a bunch of random information/lore.

and a templar telling assassins "you're going down" hardly means anything at this point. I'll be interested once I see results.

You always complain about the "floating I pad"

that's a complaint regarding the character lacking any sort of identity/presence, not the camera perspective.

I enjoyed booker dewitt's character despite first person

Because there's nothing to accomplish. A bridge is to be crossed. You wanted a city to be built ON TOP of that bridge, with cars, trains and telephone lines. AC IV's modern day is not some big, overarching story. It's the bridge from one overarching story to another.

well that bridge is waaaaay too long because i have yet to see an actual story with events. bridges, set ups, whatever you want to call them. ok. thats fine. but to me 3 games is excessive and i doubt victory will go anywhere either. i want to see the results to these set ups. because so far all i see is zero accomplishments and foreshadow with no payoff.

This is really your problem, you're always exaggerating. Anything has a start, whether it's a sentence or a page, there's always a set up. If it's not enough for you, then okay but you shouldn't judge unity on some unrealistic standard. You're judging it on something it never set out to be.

it's not an unrealistic standard.

there's a reason lots of people complained about that ending.

if you cut out the modern day past the introduction literally nothing is lost

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 02:41 AM

AC I was a great set up. You were a helpless prisoner, you were given subtle hints of what was going on in the outside world (Though that went to ****) and it all felt like it was building towards something bigger. The satellite, Leila Morino, 16, Artifacts, end of the world.

Let's not be silly. I know you like to pretend hate on AC2, but you can't expect anyone to believe you mean this. Objectively, AC2 added a lot:

AltaÔr's Codex--dual hidden blades, poisons, and new assassination techniques
Subject 16's glyphs and puzzles
The Truth video
The memorial and tombs to the great Assassins of history
Shaun and Rebecca and the modern day Assassin cell
Minerva in the vault and TWCB (WTF?)
Economics and home improvement
Factions for hire

That's without working too hard, but it's more than "NOTHING". You may not like what they added, or argue the quality, or whether they are good things, but almost any one of those things added more to the "overall story" than Unity did.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 02:50 AM
if unity is the start of something new, it's more like reading the first sentence of a 5,000 page book. at least to me.

You'll never be satisfied with this pessimistic attitude. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:50 AM
You'll never be satisfied with this pessimistic attitude. :rolleyes:

I've been satisfied plenty of times before.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 02:52 AM
I've been satisfied plenty of times before.

Like?

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:53 AM
Like?

if exclusively talking AC, then Assassin's Creed 3.

Have my gripes but find it overall very solid.

8/10

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 03:02 AM
if exclusively talking AC, then Assassin's Creed 3.

Have my gripes but find it overall very solid.

8/10

Which was the end of the overarching narrative. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 03:03 AM
Which was the end of the overarching narrative. :rolleyes:

Don't remind me

http://i.imgur.com/3XfyNzc.gif

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 03:11 AM
Don't remind me

http://i.imgur.com/3XfyNzc.gif

I don't know...

I could hate MD's current state, but I see it in that Naruto-like filler gap at the moment.

Some filler is good, some isn't.

But we're all really waiting for that Akatsuki Arc to happen. ;)

Not the best analogy, but you get it.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 03:13 AM
the akatsuki arc happened in Revolution and it was disappointingly short.

and yeah i was tolerable of Rogue's filler (because of templar bias)

but it doesnt change the fact that it's still filler

and i prefer concise storylines. its why korra season 1 is my fav season. it is short, to the point, and has little-to-no filler. aside from one episode, no frame is wasted. it all means something and most importantly the subplots lead to closure

AC's juno saga suddenly dissolved mid-arc and now it's in limbo....

i just want it finished. then modern day can vanish for all i care

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 03:17 AM
I don't know...

I could hate MD's current state, but I see it in that Naruto-like filler gap at the moment.

Some filler is good, some isn't.

But we're all really waiting for that Akatsuki Arc to happen. ;)

Not the best analogy, but you get it.

I'll be hopeful that this is just a gap or a bridge. I have been enjoying a lot of the database computer entries in ACIV and Rogue. The animus database entries in Unity are good too, but we've always had them. The lore has kept me entertained so far. As long as something happens in Victory and it's not an expansion of this bridge, I'll stay happy.

Ack, you and your analogies. Quirky gets your Naruto ones, and only Google understands your Avatar ones. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 03:18 AM
lol the analogy is nothing compared to that in-depth goku/vegeta conversation that was in that other thread, lmfao

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 03:25 AM
the akatsuki arc happened in Revolution and it was disappointingly short.

IKR? :rolleyes:

and yeah i was tolerable of Rogue's filler (because of templar bias)

Same. :cool:

but it doesnt change the fact that it's still filler

I'd argue that filler ( if done right) has its place...

In some cases it glues everything together.

This isn't the case with AC it seems.

and i prefer concise storylines. its why korra season 1 is my fav season. it is short, to the point, and has little-to-no filler. aside from one episode, no frame is wasted. it all means something and most importantly the subplots lead to closure

Doesn't change how rushed it was though... :rolleyes:

Though why filler has its place to a degree.

AC's juno saga suddenly dissolved mid-arc and now it's in limbo....

i just want it finished. then modern day can vanish for all i care

Sad as it is, it's true.

But apart of me has hope that it can get better though it probably won't.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 03:26 AM
i've heard people say filler is a way to expand on character development

but if you're a good enough writer you can mesh plot progression and character development quite easily

filler by definition implies it's just something to fill gaps i.e. a waste of space

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 03:49 AM
i.e. a waste of space

This entirely depends on what you define a "Waste of Space".

Information we have so far seems pretty vital, but it just doesn't come to fruition which is the problem.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 03:50 AM
i suppose....to a degree

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 03:54 AM
filler by definition implies it's just something to fill gaps i.e. a waste of space

"Glue used to fill the gaps in your home is not wasted space."-ancient proverb :rolleyes:

I think some filler can be good and accepted by most everyone. But when you have two or three games with too much filler, you start to notice. Imo, not every game has to have a big amount of plot progression, but AC lacks it.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 03:54 AM
Let's not be silly. I know you like to pretend hate on AC2, but you can't expect anyone to believe you mean this. Objectively, AC2 added a lot:
In terms of modern, it added the least. I was not discussing gameplay elements or side missions, so I will ignore those.

Did nothing to advance the modern day plot. We already knew that Assassins and Templars were fighting throughout history, that Abstergo had many many artifacts from the precursors. The only new thing that the puzzle explained was how Eagle vision came to be.

The Truth video
Lumped with the glyphs, it's not a separate thing.

Shaun and Rebecca and the modern day Assassin cell
All 10 minutes of them.

Minerva in the vault and TWCB (WTF?)
Nothing. We knew an end of the world was coming, so what if Minerva told Desmond to find other temples? We already had our delimma in AC I but that was retconned in favor of a solar flare.

That's without working too hard, but it's more than "NOTHING". You may not like what they added, or argue the quality, or whether they are good things, but almost any one of those things added more to the "overall story" than Unity did.
I don't see how home improvement, hiring factions, poison blades and double assassinations added to the overall story?

that's not a story, that's a bunch of random information/lore.

and a templar telling assassins "you're going down" hardly means anything at this point. I'll be interested once I see results.
It's not random information, that's what a set up is. It's planting seeds for later exploration.

Again, did you not see the emails being sent? That's not the only thing that happens with Rogue's ending. There's another purge starting, the Assassins are panicking.

that's a complaint regarding the character lacking any sort of identity/presence, not the camera perspective.

I enjoyed booker dewitt's character despite first person
Fair enough.

well that bridge is waaaaay too long because i have yet to see an actual story with events. bridges, set ups, whatever you want to call them. ok. thats fine. but to me 3 games is excessive and i doubt victory will go anywhere either. i want to see the results to these set ups. because so far all i see is zero accomplishments and foreshadow with no payoff.
AC IV was an actual story with events, mate. Saying it's not enough or that the avatar was not fulfilling has no impact on the fact that it IS a story with a start, climax and ending. That's the bridge. it was a self contained journey that said farewell to Desmond and hello to a new Saga, same with Rogue. It had a start, climax and ending. They were both stories and they had their events. That's a fact. You not liking it is another matter entirely. Take AC I's modern day and hold it parallel to AC IV's modern day. You'll find the EXACT SAME sequence of events, with the same exact developments.

it's not an unrealistic standard.

there's a reason lots of people complained about that ending.

if you cut out the modern day past the introduction literally nothing is lost
As I have stated from the very beginning, excluding the ending, ACU is a set up. I have criticized the ending and it's plain fact that it's bad writing, lets not fret over that. The unrealistic standard lies in the fact that you expect a set up to have ALL these events where you save the world and kill Juno and and and. Fact is, the plot progressed. Juno's no longer trying to inhabit a body, she's trying to lead people into the network, ala Clay.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 03:56 AM
i suppose....to a degree

Degree?

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:03 AM
Again, did you not see the emails being sent? That's not the only thing that happens with Rogue's ending. There's another purge starting, the Assassins are panicking.

emails are optional side activities not apart of the main storyline you go through

i dont like them because the information is presented in a manner i dont enjoy

i rather the lore and such be presented like the beginning of unity where you play the events (jaques de molay). lore + fun gameplay.

blocks of text bore me

(thats just me)

but yes i have checked them out

AC IV was an actual story with events, mate. Saying it's not enough or that the avatar was not fulfilling has no impact on the fact that it IS a story with a start, climax and ending. That's the bridge. it was a self contained journey that said farewell to Desmond and hello to a new Saga, same with Rogue. It had a start, climax and ending. They were both stories and they had their events. That's a fact. You not liking it is another matter entirely. Take AC I's modern day and hold it parallel to AC IV's modern day. You'll find the EXACT SAME sequence of events, with the same exact developments.

how is walking around and at one point watching desmond's body being carried out qualify as a story that circles desmond's farewell? because that's just something we witness. it was hardly depicted as a farewell. this may be just my interpretation but i felt i was just looking at facts, not that it was an emotional goodbye.

and yes by definition they are stories. im just saying its so minuscule it basically isnt one .

and i never claimed to like AC1's modern day

As I have stated from the very beginning, excluding the ending, ACU is a set up. I have criticized the ending and it's plain fact that it's bad writing, lets not fret over that. The unrealistic standard lies in the fact that you expect a set up to have ALL these events where you save the world and kill Juno and and and. Fact is, the plot progressed. Juno's no longer trying to inhabit a body, she's trying to lead people into the network, ala Clay.

im not looking for explosions or saving the world

but fact remains juno was planning something

but she's like nowhere in unity's plot

in black flag all we got was she tried to find a host but failed

but in unity it's literally nothing

you can go out of your way to do side stuff to find vague audio clip of juno or something but that's not progression

let's see juno reawaken in the network

let's see her taking action

because if the glitches was a result of her it was random and never explained why she did that or what her intentions were or if she was even aware of our existance

just something

anything

in the main story

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 04:09 AM
it was hardly depicted as a farewell. this may be just my interpretation but i felt i was just looking at facts, not that it was an emotional goodbye.

It was.

That was what the Voice Clips were for. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:10 AM
It was.

That was what the Voice Clips were for. :rolleyes:

in the MAIN pathway or were they optional?

because I dont remember them

like i said, need to replay

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Unity is in the lead, not surprising
What is surprising is that AC2 is runner up

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:20 AM
to be fair kiwi one of the AC2 votes was on accident :rolleyes:

ac2 and rogue would be tied otherwise

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 04:25 AM
to be fair kiwi one of the AC2 votes was on accident :rolleyes:

ac2 and rogue would be tied otherwise

Oh yes, that would be the anomalous data...
THE INTERNAL INTEGRITY OF THIS POLL HAS REDUCED VALIDITY AND WILL THEREFORE COMPROMISE THE RESULTS

#ohwell
#lifegoeson

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 04:27 AM
in the MAIN pathway or were they optional?

because I dont remember them

like i said, need to replay

I'd say they were mandatory if you wanted to know what happened to Desmond.

(They were mostly his thoughts before sacrificing himself)

I found it pretty heartfelt and sad.

It also shows immediately when you first get it.

So it depends on you ( the player).

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:28 AM
I'd say they were mandatory if you wanted to know what happened to Desmond.

It also shows immediately when you first get it.

So it depends on you ( the player).

ah, no wonder i never noticed.

i didnt really care about desmond so i guess it passed my mind

edit:

that being said can depictiing a dead character's database entries from a previous game briefly really count as a whole story?

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 04:34 AM
ah, no wonder i never noticed.

i didnt really care about desmond so i guess it passed my mind

Well check it out sometime. ( Probably won't but whatever)

Via BF, Youtube, etc.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:35 AM
i think i remember listening to one on a whim but got bored

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 04:38 AM
i think i remember listening to one on a whim but got bored

You have a short attention span?

Not trying to insult you, just curious.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 04:39 AM
You have a short attention span?

Not trying to insult you, just curious.

Yes. :(

but im working hard to fix it

reading books helps

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 04:39 AM
I liked the Desmond audio clips. They actually felt real and down to Earth, if I'm using that correctly.

SixKeys
01-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Unity, no question. And Liberation, but that started as a Vita game.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Yes. :(

but im working hard to fix it

reading books helps

Ah, Okay. I understand.

AdamPearce
01-10-2015, 05:09 AM
Seriously _M I hope you're just trolling (again).

Even considering Unity is a set-up, it's a lame and cheap one. Especially if you compare it with another set-up; AC1.

Where AC1 introduced a plot, a context, developped characters AND a bunch of interesting facts through the e-mails (they weren't ''fakes'' by Erudito, may anyone who thinks so get lost in the Lymbs), ACU reuses prexisting characters (Shawn) and does nothing to create a plot nor a context since it rests on the idea that you are in your living room and that that's your reality. The only real information we get on the MD is through the Rift's files but even then it's mostly based on ACIV's MD and other prexisting characters like Alan Rikkin and such...which feels, again, cheap and lame.

And god that ending was just one of the biggest troll Ubisoft ever pulled out on it's community. I think it's even worse than ACIII ending, because it didn't only have a poor realisation, it also had close to no plotpoint.

Plus, it's really stupid to think that Abstergo wouldn't find it. I mean, it's not like they were able to dig out artifacts hidden for thousands of years all with a map of the same age. Seriously, they have the exact localisation of the Sage's skull, they can simply take off the wall and put a team on it, a day and it's done.

It's really frustrating that the community can point it out while none of the THREE WRITERS did, and it's not even a detail, it's a major plothole !

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 05:09 AM
emails are optional side activities not apart of the main storyline you go through

i dont like them because the information is presented in a manner i dont enjoy

i rather the lore and such be presented like the beginning of unity where you play the events (jaques de molay). lore + fun gameplay.

blocks of text bore me

(thats just me)

but yes i have checked them out
It wasn't optional, it was in the main ending. As I have stated since the start of this, it's not about what you like or what you don't. Fact is, AC IV's modern day had a story and it had events, anything else like presentation is subjective and quite frankly i'm not interested in discussing that.

how is walking around and at one point watching desmond's body being carried out qualify as a story that circles desmond's farewell? because that's just something we witness. it was hardly depicted as a farewell. this may be just my interpretation but i felt i was just looking at facts, not that it was an emotional goodbye.
You don't NEED to be involved in EVERYTHING. Desmond's farewell was the postmortem video and the recordings. Witnessing does not negate its presence, you don't NEED to be the one stretchering the dude away.

and yes by definition they are stories. im just saying its so minuscule it basically isnt one .

and i never claimed to like AC1's modern day
You never claimed, this is not about subjective thought, it's about facts. AC I's story had a beginning, middle and end. That the gameplay did not connect with you is your problem, which is not what i'm discussing here.

im not looking for explosions or saving the world

but fact remains juno was planning something

but she's like nowhere in unity's plot
Yes she is.

in black flag all we got was she tried to find a host but failed

but in unity it's literally nothing
Yes it is.

you can go out of your way to do side stuff to find vague audio clip of juno or something but that's not progression
Yes it is and it's not out of the way, it unlocks as part of the main story, again, i'm not interested in discussing your opinion, just facts and fact is, Unity progressed Juno's scheming.

let's see juno reawaken in the network
We do see her.

let's see her taking action
She will. As I have stated, AC IV was a bridge, Unity was a set up. It set up the fact that Juno will be more involved in the Helix and Animus.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 05:15 AM
im not arguing it has no story. by definition yes it does. but it's minimal to the point of essential nonexistence.

not saying we should be the bloke pulling the stretcher. perhaps its my wording but you're misinterpreting what im saying

juno was essentially non existant in unity. i thought she was in ACIV but its even worse there. even darby admitted the juno subplot was cut out of the main story and what minimal remained was place in side stuff

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 05:25 AM
blocks of text bore me

(thats just me)

It's not just you.

:rolleyes:

Even considering Unity is a set-up, it's a lame and cheap one. Especially if you compare it with another set-up; AC1.

Isn't every AC game a set-up for the next? Just some do a better job of it than others.

Perk89
01-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Just finished Unity and have to agree its Unity.

(Unity spoilers)

the story had a lot of promise to start with-there were a couple interesting characters, but every side character In the game was glossed over, the ending was rather predictable (and underdone), Arno's closing monologue was lame, and they completely mailed it in on the modern day aspect. (Ohp! Sorry we wasted your time! Looks like it's no biggie! Don't call us, we'll call you! Thanks!)

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 05:28 AM
im not arguing it has no story. by definition yes it does.
Yes, you are. This is why we're having this entire conversation.

but it's minimal to the point of essential nonexistence.
Which is what a set up is, it plants seeds for future exploration.

juno was essentially non existant in unity. i thought she was in ACIV but its even worse there. even darby admitted the juno subplot was cut out of the main story and what minimal remained was place in side stuff
She's in AC IV AND ACU. It's unfortunate that she had to be relegated to the database in Unity but it's there nonetheless. See, you keep saying you're not saying this, you're not saying that but you go around and say "there's no juno" "it's non-existent"

No, sir. I'm not trolling.

1- I did not compare it to AC I, that was AC IV
2- I'm not discussing opinions. How cheap or lame you think it is is irrelevant.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 05:30 AM
she's non existant in the main story.

you keep bringing up side content

yes she's briefly shown in side content but thats not what im talking about.

im talking about what players are exposed to when they complete the storyline path

AdamPearce
01-10-2015, 05:43 AM
2- I'm not discussing opinions. How cheap or lame you think it is is irrelevant.

Then what is ?

AdamPearce
01-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Isn't every AC game a set-up for the next? Just some do a better job of it than others.

No, here I meant a set-up for a whole serie. This means presenting the main character(s), the general context, the plot lines and all the element that will eventually build up the story. It's like the Pilot for a serie.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 05:50 AM
i got to go call it a night

ill come back if feel the need to defend my opinion further

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 06:01 AM
i got to go call it a night

ill come back if feel the need to defend my opinion further

Don't worry, I'll stand in for you

JEWS, AMIRITE?

GunnerGalactico
01-10-2015, 06:12 AM
I would have to say Liberation. It didn't really add much. It was initially exclusive to PS Vita, then made into HD for all platforms. Also keeping in mind, it is a product of Abstergo Entertainment- so it goes to show that they do tweak and edit memory files to suit them. If it wasn't for Erudito, we wouldn't have known the real events that occurred.

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Don't worry, I'll stand in for you

JEWS, AMIRITE?

Something like that...:confused:

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Something like that...:confused:

It's classic Mayo
You should see her Twitter

SixKeys
01-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Where was Juno in Unity? :confused:

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Where was Juno in Unity? :confused:

Oblivion.

SixKeys
01-10-2015, 06:39 AM
M said she was in the game though. Was he trolling or did I miss something?

AdamPearce
01-10-2015, 06:50 AM
I would have to say Liberation. It didn't really add much. It was initially exclusive to PS Vita, then made into HD for all platforms. Also keeping in mind, it is a product of Abstergo Entertainment- so it goes to show that they do tweak and edit memory files to suit them. If it wasn't for Erudito, we wouldn't have known the real events that occurred.

That's the point of the plot, Erudito hacking the memories and showing us the true events. And technically it cleared up the fact that Eve lead the War againts the Precursors, and that Aveline is her descendant, which means that we have the confirmation that someone somewhere in Abstergo's bunker is held hostage an Eve descendant.

She appears in a Rift file...:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixl7OBumZeM

It's just another troll saying Juno won't come back before like ever...

EDIT: Actually no, this is even better. It's a HIDDEN monologue extracted within the game files by the video's uploader.

This is really ******* funny.

Namikaze_17
01-10-2015, 06:52 AM

I doubt it. Unless I'm missing something? :confused: ( Haven't played the game)

Though there was a section of her in Rogue though...

Nothing major of course.

EDIT: Ah, thanks Adam.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 06:52 AM
After finishing the Medieval rift mission, an Assassin intel unlocks that shows her having a conversation with an unidentified male and female. People found the removed dialogue in the game files but the transcript remains in the database.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixl7OBumZeM

Then what is ?
Im talking about Juno not being in the main story and AC IV having no progression in modern day. There's no subjective to that. Juno was in the main story of Unity and AC IV progressed the modern day story further by being its own self contained narrative.

Sure but there's such a thing as a restart. A slowing down. ACB was not a set up. ACR was not a set up. AC III was not a set up. These games explored concepts set up before, built on existing bases and tied (arguably) loose ends. These games did not introduce new concepts. AC I was a set up. AC II was a set up. These two set up the conflicts and potential concepts to explore for the rest of the story. AC I set up the satellite launch and Clay. AC II set up the Solar Flare and its solution.

she's non existant in the main story.

you keep bringing up side content

yes she's briefly shown in side content but thats not what im talking about.

im talking about what players are exposed to when they complete the storyline path
But she's not in side content, man. Her dialogue unlocks after the medieval rift mission. It's not optional.

AdamPearce
01-10-2015, 07:14 AM
You can check all the info' here; http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2mumtu/spoilers_theories_ac_unity_modern_day_assassin/

Basically:

Juno is the Singularity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity) and she has found a way to merge the real world with the Animus' one. Therefore she is and will stay an AI till having fun trough the servers and by the same extend trough every time periods and human memories. This means we will most probably fight Juno in the Animus to destroy her in what is called the Grey.

They found a way to avoid having a sequence in actual modern day. It's nice and sad at the same time. We now know that we will fight Juno in epic battles trought different time period which I think will turn out to be an amazing boss sequence. But at the same time they wrapped up the whole Plot now and we kinda know how this will end, unfortunately.

STARJONESSBOOTY
01-10-2015, 08:50 AM
At first I dread the new changes that occur when a new issue of Creed comes out. Usually I come to appreciate the changes, but in this circumstance I feel that they the best parts of a great series were not present. Maybe I haven't turned the corner yet, lets hope not. :confused:

king-hailz
01-10-2015, 09:22 AM

Well it did tell us about the first civilization and that their is a vault and it tells us about the assassins and what and how they work in the modern day... It also tells us more about the bleeding effect and it started showing it affecting Desmond telling us that something bad could happen which did happen....

If you've played unity you know that it did absolutely nothing at all with the story... It wasn't even there! But if you haven't then that's okay......

RinoTheBouncer
01-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Definitely ACU. I mean even if any other game in the past didnít add very much, Iím sure that ACU will still be the least contributor.

dxsxhxcx
01-10-2015, 05:03 PM
ACU and ACR because The Lost Archive was a PAID DLC, most of what was told about Desmond in the main game was already known or IMO unnecessary at that point and the dialogues between S16 and Desmond didn't really add anything relevant to the overall story from what I can remember...

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Well it did tell us about the first civilization and that their is a vault and it tells us about the assassins and what and how they work in the modern day... It also tells us more about the bleeding effect and it started showing it affecting Desmond telling us that something bad could happen which did happen....

If you've played unity you know that it did absolutely nothing at all with the story... It wasn't even there! But if you haven't then that's okay......
We'v known about those who came before in AC I. I have conceded that AC II DID do some things but it was the LEAST amount of things. It's also funny how most people say "Blocks of text suck" "wARAFARAFRAFA it's optional" and then bring up the glyphs....that's just too funny.

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 08:21 PM
ACU and ACR because The Lost Archive was a PAID DLC, most of what was told about Desmond in the main game was already known or IMO unnecessary at that point and the dialogues between S16 and Desmond didn't really add anything relevant to the overall story from what I can remember...

I haven't voted for Unity yet because I don't remember what ACR added to modern day. It of course added to Ezio and AltaÔr's stories, so I guess it is Unity.

We'v known about those who came before in AC I. I have conceded that AC II DID do some things but it was the LEAST amount of things..

*marks date on calendar*

And what did Unity do? I must have blinked.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 08:33 PM
And what did Unity do? I must have blinked.
What's the point? Lol, your tone is sarcastic anyway, so anything I say you'll just gloss over and say that it doesn't matter because this and this and that and I'll counter with those and these and we'll go in circles. If you're convinced that ACU added least, sure fine, good for you. ACU definitely added little and developed on less then washed it ALL away with its ending but it's not as small of an amount as AC II to me and I explained why.

If you count the NON-OPTIONAL in ACU and in AC II, you'll see that AC II added VERY VERY little in comparison to ACU.

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 08:57 PM
That sounds like an autobiography.

I would like to know what Unity added, because I can't identify anything. It looks like 20 other people agree. This is your chance to educate us.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 09:16 PM
I would like to know what Unity added, because I can't identify anything. It looks like 20 other people agree. This is your chance to educate us.
I don't care how many people agree lol. I have no interest in challenging anyone. I didn't even challenge anyone, I was challenged because people here are such AC II fanboys and I explained why i think AC II added least. I only challenged what Quirky stated because she stated minor false facts on AC IV and ACU. Other than that, I have no qualms about people's opinions.

That said, again, try comparing what's NOT OPTIONAL in AC II and what's NOT OPTIONAL in ACU in terms of modern day.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 09:23 PM
juno's audio clip plays in the main story?

and that clip hardly counts as her doing anything.

edit:

it says its HIDDEN dialogue.

normal players wont see that wont they?

i dont remember seeing/hearing it

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 09:27 PM
juno's audio clip plays in the main story?

and that clip hardly counts as her doing anything.

edit:

it says its HIDDEN dialogue.

normal players wont see that wont they?

i dont remember seeing/hearing it
The file was removed from the game, its transcript remains in the game, it unlocks when you finish the medieval rift.

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Hmmm, I've completed the game. This dialog sounds vaguely familiar, but I think I may be remembering something similar from Initiates. Where can I find this transcript? Is it in the database somewhere?

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Is it in the database somewhere?
Yup, it's in the Assassin intel files.

ze_topazio
01-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Hey M have you played Rogue yet?

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Hey M have you played Rogue yet?
Nope.

I-Like-Pie45
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM
rogue is basically just another morgia story, only with templars crossed out and replaced with assassins

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:21 PM
unlocks.

as in you have to go out of your way to view it

not in the main story

and that doesnt change the fact that it's nothing but brief chatter, not action

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 11:29 PM
unlocks.

as in you have to go out of your way to view it

not in the main story

and that doesnt change the fact that it's nothing but brief chatter, not action
Semantics. You said Juno wasn't in the main story, you're wrong. She is. Action or not, she's mentioned. Most of the Modern Day lore was always optional anyway in the form of dialogues and scenes. And blocks of text and voice overs in the form of glyphs, emails and intel.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:31 PM
that's not main story.

that's a database entry

unless you mean a literal brief mention which endorses the fact that she has little-to-no presence in unity, which is my main claim

i think

im literally losing track of stuff, lmfao

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 11:33 PM
that's a database entry
Which unlocks through a non-optional mission. If you don't read it, it's your fault. face facts, mate. There's no point in dragging this out more than necessary.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:35 PM
what do you mean facts are facts?

a player has to go out of their way to view database entries

they're not presented to the player through the main story, which is what i am saying

if it's a side thing (i.e. a database entry) it is NOT main story

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 11:37 PM
what do you mean facts are facts?

a player has to go out of their way to view database entries

they're not presented to the player through the main story, which is what i am saying

if it's a side thing (i.e. a database entry) it is NOT main story
I'm done, mate. It's not a side thing and you just have to accept that. Whether or not you like it is another case entirely. You should really know when to drop it.

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry _M, but no.

What you're saying is not fact.

There are plenty of database entries in Unity which are automatically unlocked when completing Unity but they are side optional database entries and are not apart of the main story.

it is very easy for a player to complete the main story and not once be exposed to them (as was my case and many others)

the main story is the path the player takes in-game which is not optional and progresses a player towards the end credits

the database entries do NOT apply.

that's just it.

you are the one who I think needs to 'drop it'

because that's a big stretch you're making, mate.

and if you cant see that, I can't help you there

and even if it were main story (which it is not) it only furthers my point regarding Juno's lack of progression in unity

that's it. the end

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry _M, but no.

What you're saying is not fact.

Nah, it is and I explained why. Glad you decided to drop it, though. If we go by your logic then EVERYTHING from emails to dialogues to glyphs would not be considered part of the main story and that's just lol

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Nah, it is and I explained why. Glad you decided to drop it, though.

The pretentious and dismissive attitude is very convincing.

It is not main story.

Agree to disagree.

To you it is main story, fine. I disagree completely. I believe you are undoubtably 100% wrong in that regard.

But carry on with that mindset. I will respect it, but not the attitude.

Shahkulu101
01-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Nah, it is and I explained why. Glad you decided to drop it, though. If we go by your logic then EVERYTHING from emails to dialogues to glyphs would not be considered part of the main story and that's just lol

They aren't part of the main story, it's all optional content you aren't forced to view. Whether or not they are unlocked in a main gameplay segment is irrelevant if the content is still optional...

pineal_gland
01-10-2015, 11:58 PM
The whole reason we are visiting all these historical places is because of the modern-day story right?...so didn't unity factually contribute the least to the story?

5 people voted for AC2?! really?... isn't that the game that revealed the whole TWCB plot?... including the adam & eve video?

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 11:59 PM
They aren't part of the main story, it's all optional content you aren't forced to view. Whether or not they are unlocked in a main gameplay segment is irrelevant if the content is still optional...

EXACTLY

that's what i've been saying!

but no, i'm "factually" wrong and need to "drop it"

christ

Namikaze_17
01-11-2015, 12:00 AM
I'll just turn down the stove... :rolleyes:

Nah, I know you guys are having a healthy discussion. :-P

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:01 AM
The whole reason we are visiting all these historical places is because of the modern-day story right?...so didn't unity factually contribute the least to the story?
Not factually, no. If that's how we're going by, then it's AC II. The reason we went into the historical period in ACU was to find the sage. We found him and we had a ****ty ending.

5 people voted for AC2?! really?... isn't that the game that revealed the whole TWCB plot?... including the adam & eve video?
No, AC I revealed the those who came before.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:03 AM
EXACTLY

that's what i've been saying!

but no, i'm "factually" wrong and need to "drop it"

christ
This is why I hate debating or arguing with you and I understand when people get pissed off by your attitude. Chill out, mate. Don't take everything so personally. You whine about that all the time, when people block you and say "they're taking it too personally". Practice what you preach. Chill out.

Again, if that's the logic, then none of the story counts since we're not forced to watch it, remember, we can skip cutscenes and if that's the logic everybody wants to follow, then why are Glyphs, truth videos and the like being brought up?

I'll just turn down the stove... :rolleyes:

Nah, I know you guys are having a healthy discussion. :-P
It was fine until May took it too personally.

pineal_gland
01-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Not factually, no. If that's how we're going by, then it's AC II. The reason we went into the historical period in ACU was to find the sage. We found him and we had a ****ty ending.

No, AC I revealed the those who came before.

ok?...can you show me where they revealed them in AC1?
because i can remember my mind was kinda blown at the end of AC2.
Wow, this really reminds me of how ****ty AC endings have become...RIP

JustPlainQuirky
01-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Again, if that's the logic, then none of the story counts since we're not forced to watch it, remember, we can skip cutscenes and if that's the logic everybody wants to follow, then why are Glyphs, truth videos and the like being brought up?

going out of your way to pause the screen and go through database entries (something that isnt presented to you in the first place and plenty of people might not even recall existed) and sitting through a cutscene presented upfront in which most normal people sit through are two entirely different things.

This is why I hate debating or arguing with you and I understand when people get pissed off by your attitude. Chill out, mate. Don't take everything so personally. You whine about that all the time, when people block and say "they're taking it too personally". Practice what you preach.

i've been respectful throughout but saying "you need to drop it" implies i am simply a pestering fool hence my upset response and change of tone.

my points have been valid thus far

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:08 AM
ok?...can you show me where they revealed them in AC1?
During a conversation between Desmond and Vidic, he tells him where the Animus technology comes from. And in conversations between Altair and Al-Mualim before their duel and during it.

You'll find the conversation between Vidic and Desmond to be close to the beginning, when Vidic is standing over Desmond as he wakes up.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:13 AM
going out of your way to pause the screen and go through database entries (something that isnt presented to you in the first place and plenty of people might not even recall existed) and sitting through a cutscene presented upfront in which most normal people sit through are two entirely different things.
Again, if that's the logic then A LOT of modern day lore, not to mention that you're greatly exaggerating how complicated getting to the database and finding an entry is, never mind that at the end of the mission, it tells you what you'v unlocked in the database.

I'm done. I have presented my points and you refuse to look it through.

i've been respectful throughout but saying "you need to drop it" implies i am simply a pestering fool hence my upset response and change of tone.

my points have been valid thus far
It's none of my business how you interpret my posts. You don't hear my voice nor do you know me. I never called you a fool nor did I imply you are one, it's your own fault for thinking that but that's okay. This is a lesson for me to just avoid you from here on out.

No, your points are not valid, mate lol, saying it over and over wont suddenly make it true.

JustPlainQuirky
01-11-2015, 12:18 AM
Again, if that's the logic then A LOT of modern day lore, not to mention that you're greatly exaggerating how complicated getting to the database and finding an entry is, never mind that at the end of the mission, it tells you what you'v unlocked in the database.

I'm done. I have presented my points and you refuse to look it through.

the fact is the database entries are indeed side content, not main story

im honestly surprised this detail is being debated, it seems completely obvious

that's like saying the emails in ACIV are main story

they're side data.

whether it's found in tabs in a pause screen or a scroll bar in an email, it doesnt change the fact that it's entirely optional, thus not main story.

It's none of my business how you interpret my posts. You don't hear my voice nor do you know me. I never called you a fool nor did I imply you are one, it's your own fault for thinking that but that's okay. This is a lesson for me to just avoid you from here on out.

that's just being rude, really

im just giving my arguments and of course a reply saying "you're just wrong and need to get over it" isn't gonna bode well with me

it wouldnt bode well with anyone because it's not a sufficient argument

i made my points and some people are agreeing. obviously there's merit to them

so pardon me for not appreciating the dismissive attitude

or attitude in general

if you want to avoid a solid argument, then fine.

i'm just defending my opinion with arguably valid claims.

i tried settling with an agree to disagree but if that's how you want it to play out then fine

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:28 AM
the fact is the database entries are indeed side content, not main story

im honestly surprised this detail is being debated, it seems completely obvious

that's like saying the emails in ACIV are main story

they're side data.
whether it's found in tabs in a pause screen or a scroll bar in an email, it doesnt change the fact that it's entirely optional, thus not main story.

Here's your reasoning for why it's side content: You have to push a button and read it. I'm sorry but that's not a really valid argument. Side content is what's on the side, what doesn't unlock through the MAIN STORY. It's a different branch. Databases may not be obligatory to read but when something is unlocked IN THEM through the MAIN STORY, then they're main content. You can't believe it? Hell, I can't believe it. What you're saying dismisses SO MANY THINGS in the modern day lore, it's preposterous. You're dismissing the glyphs, the rifts from ACB, the conversation with subject 16 about the sun, your son, the Desmond Journey missions and so much more information found in emails and optional interactive dialogue.

If you don't see the flaw in that logic, then wow.

that's just being rude, really

im just giving my arguments and of course a reply saying "you're just wrong and need to get over it" isn't gonna bode well with me

it wouldnt bode well with anyone because it's not a sufficient argument

i made my points and some people are agreeing. obviously there's merit to them

so pardon me for not appreciating the dismissive attitude

or attitude in general

if you want to avoid a solid argument, then fine.

i'm just defending my opinion with arguably valid claims.

i tried settling with an agree to disagree but if that's how you want it to play out then fine
I read "That's rude", so I went back to read my post, thinking that somehow i have been rude....I'm honestly surprised to say that I wasnt rude, mate. You're the one who's pissed at something that's not there.

People are agreeing with you because you're only dissing ACU, people don't like ACU so they're obviously going to agree with you. However, your dismissal of the Juno dialogue means you also dismiss everything I stated above, which when put into perspective you may not have many people agreeing with you.

JustPlainQuirky
01-11-2015, 12:33 AM
Here's your reasoning for why it's side content: You have to push a button and read it. I'm sorry but that's not a really valid argument. Side content is what's on the side, what doesn't unlock through the MAIN STORY. It's a different branch. Databases may not be obligatory to read but when something is unlocked IN THEM through the MAIN STORY, then they're main content. You can't believe it? Hell, I can't believe it. What you're saying dismisses SO MANY THINGS in the modern day lore, it's preposterous. You're dismissing the glyphs, the rifts from ACB, the conversation with subject 16 about the sun, your son, the Desmond Journey missions and so much more information found in emails and optional interactive dialogue.

If you don't see the flaw in that logic, then wow.

in plenty of games info and missions are unlocked by completing the main story

however, that does not mean the content unlocked also fall under the category of main story

even darby admitted the juno subplot was "taken out" of the main story of unity and placed into "side content"

yes, the glyphs are side content.

you can complete the game without them

they add to the overall world, yes but the storyline continues regardless

all that stuff you're describing is additional lore and not the progressive linear narrative journey the player takes in order to reach the end credits.

I read "That's rude", so I went back to read my post, thinking that somehow i have been rude....I'm honestly surprised to say that I wasnt rude, mate. You're the one who's pissed at something that's not there.

People are agreeing with you because you're only dissing ACU, people don't like ACU so they're obviously going to agree with you. However, your dismissal of the Juno dialogue means you also dismiss everything I stated above, which when put into perspective you may not have many people agreeing with you.

pulling the "you're just wrong and you need to get over it" card and "im not going to debate with you ever again because you're upset you cant deal with the fact you're just wrong" card rubs me the wrong way

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:41 AM
even darby admitted the juno subplot was "taken out" of the main story of unity and placed into "side content"
Please show me where Darby explicitly says that the Juno subplot was added to side content.

yes, the glyphs are side content.

you can complete the game without them

they add to the overall world, yes but the storyline continues regardless

all that stuff you're describing is additional lore and not the progressive linear narrative journey the player takes in order to reach the end credits.
Gooooood. (Overlooking the fact that you're arguing semantics), please, reconstruct the modern day story then without ANYTHING optional. Not a single thing. Also worth mentioning that not a single person here would agree with you that glyphs, rifts..etc are not essential to the main story.

pulling the "you're just wrong and you need to get over it" card and "im not going to debate with you ever again because you're upset you cant deal with the fact you're just wrong" card rubs me the wrong way
I'm not gonna apologize for telling you that you're wrong and were going in circles. YOU need to take stuff less seriously. People can be wrong. This is a forum, we're all friends here, you're not a new member and neither am I. Do you think Shahk now is gonna be pissy at me from here on out? No, will HD? No, we'v known each other for some time and we can go bonkers on each other but it's all in good fun and healthy debating. For someone who complains a lot about people taking your criticisms too personally, you sure do a lot of that. Especially considering the lengths you go to to criticize something. You called Initiates trash and lazy and then got so upset when Esco blocked you. As I recall, I never called your arguments trash or lazy. Heck, I made sure to say every time that I respect your opinion.

JustPlainQuirky
01-11-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm not gonna apologize for telling you that you're wrong and were going in circles. YOU need to take stuff less seriously. People can be wrong. This is a forum, we're all friends here, you're not a new member and neither am I. For someone who complains a lot about people taking your criticisms too personally, you sure do a lot of that. Especially considering the lengths you go to to criticize something. You called Initiates trash and lazy and then got so upset when Esco blocked you. As I recall, I never called your arguments trash or lazy. Heck, I made sure to say every time that I respect your opinion.

im sorry

im really really sorry

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 12:49 AM
im sorry

im really really sorry
I'm sorry too, lets all dial it down, take a step back and breathe. I apologize if my comments rubbed you the wrong way.

I-Like-Pie45
01-11-2015, 01:00 AM
what about assassin's creed 2: discovery or assassin's creed: pirates

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Also worth mentioning that not a single person here would agree with you that glyphs, rifts..etc are not essential to the main story.

Not a single person but you:

Did nothing to advance the modern day plot. We already knew that Assassins and Templars were fighting throughout history, that Abstergo had many many artifacts from the precursors. The only new thing that the puzzle explained was how Eagle vision came to be.

I still haven't found the Juno quote in the database. Is it buried in an email or something?

You should try using smileys, it might make the world a better place.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Not a single person but you:
But that was my opinion, mate. The glyphs and truth video didn't add anything new to me, this is what this whole thing was about, everyone saying what they think but people went up in arms because I said that AC II added the least.

I still haven't found the Juno quote in the database. Is it buried in an email or something?
Yup.

You should try using smileys, it might make the world a better place.
Smileys are for wussies.

harsab
01-11-2015, 01:06 AM
If Unity had a story on the level of AC2 & had a successful launch with no bugs or glitches not only would it count as the best AC made but would be one of the best games ever made.

This is the first game that actually made me care about game play & visuals otherwise i normally just play for the story/lore/first civ stuff purely.

Hats off to you Amancio you created a legendary game in my eyes.

A Few years down the line everyone will appreciate Unity i know it.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 01:18 AM
For all intents and purposes, Juno is relegated to the status of an easter egg at this point.

... which is OK. For Star Trek the Next Generation, they had designed the Ferengi to be the main villains; after one episode, though, it became obvious that the idea was a flop. The Ferengi became something like a comedy species, and the writers came up with the Borg, amped up the Romulans, and so on.

In both those cases, however, the *urgency* of the new threat, and its exact relevance to the existing universe was conveyed very well to the viewers. We've yet to see what's up with the 'search for the Sages', and the 'Phoenix project'.

Why do the Templars want to clone a first-civ man? Why do the Assassins want to stop them? What are the stakes?

For all its simplicity, the stakes were obvious in the solar flare arc; and its relevance to the universe was very well established. Not quite sure if that's the case for the triple-helix dna (lord.... where do these people get their biology education???) sequencing thing.

It's also puzzling why the Assassins would want 'the truth' about human origins to *remain* hidden. At the time of Desmond's kidnapping, the Assassins apparently knew next to nothing about TOWCB; by the time Desmond touches the 'eye', they're abreast of the whole story. Templars would want to keep it a secret, for obvious reasons; but why the Assassins? I'd imagine them to set up a wikileaks of earth shattering proportions. In fact that kind of thing would lay the foundations of a good MD arc.

ze_topazio
01-11-2015, 01:28 AM
I'm sure that eventually they will get rid of Juno with an anti-virus created by cool TWCB and hidden somewhere, we will find about its existence with an ancestor, its location with another ancestor and how to use it with another ancestor.

SaintHedgehog
01-11-2015, 01:31 AM
I believe rogue has least impact on the story, as it was just a gimmicky play the opposite side game. While unity you actually have a goal, while in rouge you just fix some systems.

I-Like-Pie45
01-11-2015, 01:37 AM
I'm sure that eventually they will get rid of Juno with an anti-virus created by cool TWCB and hidden somewhere, we will find about its existence with an ancestor, its location with another ancestor and how to use it with another ancestor.

Juno makes her way into a Windows 8 operating system, ready to put her plans into motion, right before it is destroyed by an irate user.

Thus, a fat balding tech geek in a greasy t-shirt with a very big hammer saved all of humanity from Juno's evil.

AC: Victory

ze_topazio
01-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Juno makes her way into a Windows 8 operating system, ready to put her plans into motion, right before it is destroyed by an irate user.

Thus, a fat balding tech geek in a greasy t-shirt with a very big hammer saved all of humanity from Juno's evil.

AC: Victory

The overcomplicated Windows 8 would give her and headache and finally a blue screen of death would kill her.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 01:47 AM
The overcomplicated Windows 8 would give her and headache and finally a blue screen of death would kill her.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q0aKTk_-MYc/Un0O2HEvNRI/AAAAAAAAACw/2-WhhU1_bZw/s1600/eclipse1.png

ze_topazio
01-11-2015, 02:01 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q0aKTk_-MYc/Un0O2HEvNRI/AAAAAAAAACw/2-WhhU1_bZw/s1600/eclipse1.png

Told ya.

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 02:04 AM
But that was my opinion, mate. The glyphs and truth video didn't add anything new to me, this is what this whole thing was about, everyone saying what they think but people went up in arms because I said that AC II added the least.

So you said not a single person would agree that the glyphs add nothing to the main story. How many diametrically opposed opinions are you allowed in one page? People just can't understand what you think Unity actually added, and sending me on a wild goose chase through the database emails isn't convincing me either.

If Unity had a story on the level of AC2 & had a successful launch with no bugs or glitches not only would it count as the best AC made but would be one of the best games ever made.

That's a big If.

Not that I hate Unity, I enjoyed it. But as far as story advancement goes, it was the emperor's new clothes. I can't see it.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 02:12 AM
So you said not a single person would agree that the glyphs add nothing to the main story. How many diametrically opposed opinions are you allowed in one page? People just can't understand what you think Unity actually added, and sending me on a wild goose chase through the database emails isn't convincing me either.
But it's okay to have an opposed opinion. You like AC II, I don't. You're one guy and i'm like.....100 but that's okay.

Seriously, though. I never said that Unity added heaps of stuff to the modern day. If you look through my posts, I never claimed that. My whole argument was that Juno was present in the main path of Unity. Mayrice disagreed and then all hell broke lose.

What I said is that i think AC II added the least to the modern day. That doesnt mean I think Unity added a lot. Just for what it claimed to be, I thought Unity did its job. It set up things for the future. I have said that its underwhelming and that the ending makes it worse but with AC II, it was supposed to the long awaited sequel of two years to AC I. It was supposed to be when Desmond becomes the ultimate Assassin and so many stuff would get explained. For that, for what it claimed to be, It was underwhelming and added least to the modern day.

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 02:52 AM
But it's okay to have an opposed opinion. You like AC II, I don't. You're one guy and i'm like.....100 but that's okay.

Seriously, though. I never said that Unity added heaps of stuff to the modern day. If you look through my posts, I never claimed that. My whole argument was that Juno was present in the main path of Unity. Mayrice disagreed and then all hell broke lose.

What I said is that i think AC II added the least to the modern day. That doesnt mean I think Unity added a lot. Just for what it claimed to be, I thought Unity did its job. It set up things for the future. I have said that its underwhelming and that the ending makes it worse but with AC II, it was supposed to the long awaited sequel of two years to AC I. It was supposed to be when Desmond becomes the ultimate Assassin and so many stuff would get explained. For that, for what it claimed to be, It was underwhelming and added least to the modern day.

I think you missed the part of the OP that said it's not about which game you hate most (or pretend to). Besides, yesterday you said you really liked AC2. And my head exploded. But I am being objective in this case and you're just being contentious. I realize that's your nature and you actually enjoy it. That's why I don't bother discussing things with you very often

You've contradicted yourself so many times in this thread I've lost count. A couple of pages ago you said you didn't care how many people agreed, and now you're quoting a fictional number of allies. I've read all the emails in the Assassin Intel database and still don't see the one you think is valuable, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it adds something. But it's certainly not equal to or more than what was added in the main story of AC2 (or any other AC, for that matter, except maybe ACR).

ACU = ~0
AC2 > ~0

Q.E.D.

Now that that problem is solved, I'm going to do something constructive like tilting at windmills while teaching pigs to sing.

rprkjj
01-11-2015, 03:58 AM
This was kinda tough. Rogue, Black Flag, and Revelations added very little to MD, but they also gave great closure to the historical characters, maybe Black Flag less so since Haytham only appears at the end. Of course with AC1 being the beginning and AC3 concluding the Desmond Saga, that leaves AC2 and Brotherhood. The twists at the end of both these games have had rippling effects in the game following and the entire series afterward. Perhaps AC2 didn't add much to what was already in AC1, but the reveal of the first civ is definitely the biggest moment of narrative importance in the entire series, with Lucy and Desmond's death following imo. I picked Unity, because while making almost 0 mention of past characters is fine especially when we're taking on a new protagonist in a new setting, the only notable thing that it added to any semblance of an overarching story is Project Pheonix and the Grey, which simply isn't enough imo. Black Flag is a close second.

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 04:28 AM
I think you missed the part of the OP that said it's not about which game you hate most (or pretend to). Besides, yesterday you said you really liked AC2. And my head exploded. But I am being objective in this case and you're just being contentious. I realize that's your nature and you actually enjoy it. That's why I don't bother discussing things with you very often
But this is not about me pretending to hate AC II. I pretend to hate ACB too, why not say that IT added too little? I do like AC II but there are things I dislike about it, it's why it's my least favorite, doesn't mean I can't criticize it to shreds.

You've contradicted yourself so many times in this thread I've lost count. A couple of pages ago you said you didn't care how many people agreed
Of course I don't care. As in it wont make me change my opinion.

and now you're quoting a fictional number of allies. I've read all the emails in the Assassin Intel database and still don't see the one you think is valuable, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it adds something.
Mate, I don't think you're reading my posts. I didnt argue that it was valuable, I didnt argue that it was some big thing, I was arguing that Juno does exist in the main story of ACU. I DO agree that ACU added very little (This is like....the fourth time I say this) and that the ending made it worse but I ALSO think that AC II added even less.

But it's certainly not equal to or more than what was added in the main story of AC2
Well, you may think. I'm afraid i'm not going to change my opinion.

Now that that problem is solved, I'm going to do something constructive like tilting at windmills while teaching pigs to sing.
Save Auks.

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 04:31 AM
Save Auks.

I can't catch the little bastards

Altair1789
01-11-2015, 05:10 AM
I think we should all avoid arguing. This isn't really a big deal, honestly. I would think this is a good reason to debate if Ubi would actually consider these results, but they probably won't since this isn't where the majority of AC fans go. Let's all just take a step back and calm down

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2015, 07:15 AM
AC2 was a parody of AC1.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 07:41 AM
AC2 feels like a retcon of AC1, in a way somewhat similar to how Mass Effect 2 'retconned' Mass Effect 1's overarching plan for the trilogy, though not as drastic as that change. (The 'dark energy' plot was replaced by the half-assed 'singularity threat', which makes no sense in-universe.)

Perhaps people who followed the lore from the beginning can remind us as to what the future projections were *before* the release of AC2.

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2015, 04:40 PM
From my point of view, I think the ac game that have been developing story the less :
#1 the modern day is ac liberation hd (with only a mail from erudito).
#2 the story of the past is ac iii : the thyrany of king Washington, since the story is sort of taking place in a parrallel world (but I like the story anyway ^-^).

Also, I think the video that have been developing the story the less is ac ascendance.

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
I have been mislead.

I have finished the game. I carry the shiny eagle sword. I have 100% sync in the single player and all the trophies. I have reread every entry in the Assassin Intel database. Juno is not mentioned by name a single time. #10 mentions "SHE," but that's it.

Whatever you have been talking about is not part of the "main game."

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I have been mislead.

I have finished the game. I carry the shiny eagle sword. I have 100% sync in the single player and all the trophies. I have reread every entry in the Assassin Intel database. Juno is not mentioned by name a single time. #10 mentions "SHE," but that's it.

Whatever you have been talking about is not part of the "main game."
#14 has the dialogue i'm talking about

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
#14 has the dialogue i'm talking about

I don't have #14. I have #13 then #19.

All of the rift missions show completed, but I haven't gone back in to get the artifacts from the companion app. A few of them say "collect more data to earn a bonus."

Assassin_M
01-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't have #14. I have #13 then #19.

All of the rift missions show completed, but I haven't gone back in to get the artifacts from the companion app. A few of them say "collect more data to earn a bonus."
You don't need the artifacts to get it, it has nothing to do with the app, man. I don't know how you don't have #14.

NondairyGold
01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Here's some screen shots of those reports.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11184140_zps40f0398c.png
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11184214_zps0574dda9.png

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11184359_zps9a9146bb.png
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11184412_zpsf1e58879.png
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11184421_zpsf1c701f4.png

Overall the story, to me, seems like it was changed at the last minute, and that's why the MD part is so non existent. There's no mention of the sage in Unity (the Arno section) until the end sequence, when he tells us what he is. Cut that little section out and you wouldn't know a thing about the Sage. The Pater Intellectus and the Sword of Eden were meant to be the Mcguffin in this tale. It felt like a last minute switch-a-roo if you ask me. The MD story was then changed to reflect this, and in turn the Assassin Intel was shoved in to expand the story and continue on from Black Flag.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 08:36 PM
The Pater Intellectus and the Sword of Eden were meant to be the Mcguffin in this tale.

Now that you mention it -- what happened to the 'Codex Pater Intellectus' that the knight in the intro hid? Do we get to see it again, at all? I don't remember.

NondairyGold
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM
In that little section where Germain realises he's a Sage (a Sage that is a direct descendant of a Sage noless), he goes and finds the Codex and reads it and learns all about the First Civ and who he is. Like I said cut that out and we wouldn't have a Sage. It was supposed to be a Templar Bible, but it ended up being the story of Juno's lover and his life in the First Civ. This would have been a much better story if they expanded on it, but alas they didn't.

aL_____eX
01-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Hey Nondairy, where in the companion app can I find these entries? :rolleyes:

And btw, with the premium version you have access to some concept art. There's an artwork of Arno drinking from the Holy Grail (the one included with the Initiates Collector's Edition). I wonder why that came to nothing in the end... :rolleyes: I mean the grail not being important in any way in the end. I know Arno drinks from it when he's inducted to the brotherhood, but I always thought it was a PoE or something.

edit: Wait, forget everything I just wrote, the one in Unity is not THE holy grail. I feel dumb now, sorry. :rolleyes:

edit2: Found the Assassin intel. I need to get some sleep. :rolleyes:

NondairyGold
01-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Hey Nondairy, where in the companion app can I find these entries? :rolleyes:

And btw, with the premium version you have access to some concept art. There's an artwork of Arno drinking from the Holy Grail (the one included with the Initiates Collector's Edition). I wonder why that came to nothing in the end... :rolleyes: I mean the grail not being important in any way in the end. I know Arno drinks from it when he's inducted to the brotherhood, but I always thought it was a PoE or something.

You'll find it here:
Database - Encyclopedia - Assassin Intel

This one
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Screenshot2015-01-11200247_zps82cd4003.png

Yeah, it was wasted just like the Codex and Sword. Ubi really need to up their game for Victory.

HDinHB
01-11-2015, 09:47 PM
I suppose if I replay it, it would unlock the other content.

edit: Wait, forget everything I just wrote, the one in Unity is not THE holy grail. I feel dumb now, sorry. :rolleyes:

You know there is more than one? And the French have had it for centuries (a very nice one):

Note the accurate use of British and French accents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0wvGiAH9g

King Arthur: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
French Soldier: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.
King Arthur: What?
Sir Galahad: He said they've already got one!
King Arthur: Are you sure he's got one?
French Soldier: Oh yes, it's very nice!

GoldenBoy9999
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
If it means anything, I never knew Juno was in ACU. I don't remember an Assassin Intel file pop up after I did the medieval rift. It was there I suppose, but I just missed it.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I think 'the holy grail' was mentioned somewhere in AC4's Abstergo documents, something along the lines of '... it's not worth researching into this' -- if I'm not conflating it with something else.

Ureh
01-11-2015, 11:03 PM
I think 'the holy grail' was mentioned somewhere in AC4's Abstergo documents, something along the lines of '... it's not worth researching into this' -- if I'm not conflating it with something else.

Yeah it was mentioned in AC1.

wickywoowoo
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
The end of Liberation always confused me - they talk about "Eve will lead us" but what does it ever come to? I took it as the same her as Desmond was told about with the key but did that ever get resolved or did I miss it? Was it meant to end up being Juno or something?

xChip1998x
01-11-2015, 11:10 PM
No doubt about Unity for me. You could skip it and still understand the story perfectly well.

At the end you just find out all your hard work was worthless.

RA503
01-12-2015, 03:54 AM
People,people you talk all wrong is not the medieval rift that unlock the last assassin intel(the one about juno),the intel is unlocked in order,if you unlock all in the ocuppation and medieval first the juno's one will be unlocked in belle epoque,are 18, six in belle epoque,six in occupation,and six in medieval,as a example belle epoque have two sections that unlock 3 in each one(the training don't count)you have to replays it and save the assassins 3 times to unlocke it,ocuppation 3 sections with two in each and medieval is like belle epoque...