PDA

View Full Version : I scratched too hard on my giftcard

DeStijn
01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I got a full game download code (Assassin's Creed Black Flag/Unity) with my new Xbox One, but I scratched away part of the code. Is there any way to redeem the 2 codes on the card? I would be really grateful if someone could help me out, because it got me really down that I'm not able to play the now. :(

JustPlainQuirky
01-09-2015, 09:29 PM
i did that once to a card.

go back to the store you purchased it at, and if they're nice they'll give you a new one.

or contact UbiSupport but you'd probably have better luck convincing a wall to cooperate with you than UbiSupport.

DeStijn
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've already contacted Xbox and they gave me the same advice!
I've also send an email to Ubisoft and hopefully they'll be able to cut me a break.

The store I purchased my Xbox One bundle is an online retailer, so I'm not really hopeful that they will be able to help me, but I can still try.

JustPlainQuirky
01-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I would suggest calling a number on UbiSupport website. It's much faster.

I sincerely hope you get your digital copy.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting your online retailer.

Best I can say. Sometimes retailers are jerks and say you are responsible for damaging the code and won't give you another, but I find that rubbish.

Best wishes.

SlyTrooper
01-09-2015, 09:57 PM
You may not want to do this, but if you want to get a replacement without hassle I recommend that you say it was scratched when you received it. They have no way of proving otherwise & will have to give you another one.

wickywoowoo
01-09-2015, 09:59 PM
No real suggestions to help, just hope you get the game you've paid for. I know places will be suspicious with the nature of the problem. It's why I hate those scratch bar things, I've had similar issues before. It's 2015 people, surely we have a better option than scratching away at something you've paid for.

DeStijn
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Couldn't have phrased it better myself. I really hate those scratch-bars. I used a plastic coin to scratch it and it still damaged the paper underneath.