PDA

View Full Version : AC the first one!

bowers-barnard
01-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Okay. So I am a complete nub and have no idea what's wrong. I have just bought and downloaded the first assassin's creed on Uplay. Well twice actually. The first time it downloaded and then complained that the files were corrupt, so I downloaded the "missing or corrupt" files that it threw up. Several hours later (I am in Africa) it finally installed and now I am hit with a new problem. Click on new game and 'pop' ... "assassin's creed game has stopped working". after running all the intro movies and what-not just fine. It just will not go past clicking "new" after the profile creation/login.

So far I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have tired every compatibility mode I can think of, updated drivers and even tried running under DX9 through to 11. I have paid and downloaded the first 3 in the series... are they all going to be this way?

I am at a loss.

My system is:
Windows 8.1
Intel core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
4.0 GB RAM
Nvidia 4GB 630GT

Lignjoslav
01-09-2015, 08:15 PM
People have had compatibility problems with AC and Win 8. Some say that they were able to resolve them by disconnecting from the Internet.

TH3R4BB1T
01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
The second also crashed for me. You can set the compatibility of a program to lower in windows. Find the .exe, right mouse, click properties and search for compatibility mode and set it to win 7 or lower. Hope that will work.

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure, but, AFAIK, that just lies to the program that it's running on a certain version of Windows. Other than that, the OS handles the application the same as any other.