PDA

View Full Version : Er.. the ESC button doesn't work for me in AEP..

03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Um.. I've scanning a bit through the forums to see if anyone else has this problem. FB was fine, AEP also installed fine.

ESC keys seemed to work in the main menu, giving me the "Quit now?" pop menu when pressed.

But the problem is, when I enter quick mission builder and start a flight, the mouse icon stays popped up. The pan view, stick input, key input and etc etc all works fine, but the mouse pointer refuses to go away, and for some reason, I can't exit the flight no matter what I press.

ESC doesn't work, and to try a new plane, I have to exit the program in Windows and launch another a new session and pick a new plane..

Anyone have ideas why this is happening?

03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Um.. I've scanning a bit through the forums to see if anyone else has this problem. FB was fine, AEP also installed fine.

ESC keys seemed to work in the main menu, giving me the "Quit now?" pop menu when pressed.

But the problem is, when I enter quick mission builder and start a flight, the mouse icon stays popped up. The pan view, stick input, key input and etc etc all works fine, but the mouse pointer refuses to go away, and for some reason, I can't exit the flight no matter what I press.

ESC doesn't work, and to try a new plane, I have to exit the program in Windows and launch another a new session and pick a new plane..

Anyone have ideas why this is happening?

RedMelody
03-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Screwed intallation.

I had the same problem before, that was an upgrading from V1.22.

My suggestion: Uninstall FB first, delete the entire FB folder if necessary, (make sure you back up the things you want to keep, skins, config, etc) then reinstall FB, DO NOT upgrade any previous add-on, go for the AEP directly. Everything should be fine.

Good luck!

03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Mm.. will try that.

Thanks for the answer, and a big punt to the top, for people having the same problems...

SKY_BOSS
03-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Hmmmm. My ESC works just like everything else in ACES and im over 1.22. Dont think 1.22 is the issue.

http://members.cox.net/ironwarlock/skynew.jpg

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Can you access B-24 in QMB I hear that they are borked if you install over 1.22

steve_v
03-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Look for this line in the conf, if absent, add, close, and save changes.

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/241057.jpg

Bearcat99
03-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Thats all BS.. I reinstalled it and it still isnt there..the plane isnt here yet.

RedMelody
03-04-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Thats all BS.. I reinstalled it and it still isnt there..the plane isnt here yet.

I regret to hear that, but a re-installation sure saved my @ss ;)

Good luck, dude!

Gershy
03-04-2004, 02:52 AM
what's all this B25 thing about. The B25 has been announced for a later date in summer together with Ju88, A20 and so on by Oleg quite some time ago. Don't you ppl read....

oh I think i should add this: ...they will only be there if they'll be finished in time by the 3rd party modelers.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
LOL my bad I got fished in by some BS sorry for the missinfo S! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Showtime_100
03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Kweassa, I'm getting the same thing. Though not right away, it's like the game got corrupted just recently but all of a sudden as of two days ago, I can't utilize Esc to exit and my mouse pointer stays up just like you state. I was figuring I'd reinstall everything but haven't had a chance as of yet so can't comment if that'll work.

-Puke from Aces High