PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Newbie Character Customization question and lost story line

belawyer
01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm an Assassin's creed newbie. I got the xbox bundle with Black Flag and Unity for Christmas.

I played Black Flag from the beginning of the game and it was simple enough game play and the character customization was self explanatory (i.e. buy an outfit, craft some items that increase health, pick weapons based on their speed, damage, etc.).

My kids played the first 3 memory sequences of AC Unity so I may have missed some needed tutorials but I"m completely lost on the Character Customization. Can someone just tell me what the mandatory character customizations I need to do are just to play the game (i.e. health upgrades, weapons, etc.) versus what are the option items based on the way I play the game?

Also, I completely lost the main story line and can't seem to get back into the memory sequence we left off at. How do I get back into the main storyline to finish playing the game? In Black Flag it was hard to get lost because there was always this big yellow circled exclamation point that brought me back to the main story line mission. I don't see that in AC Unity.

Alphacos007
01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
The customization doesn't require you to do anything, you can customize as you will, you can actually finish the game with the starting gear, but better gear makes the game (much) easier of course.
About the stoy mission, there was supposed to be an exclamation point on the map just like AC4. Unless your mission is inside the Assassin's Council, in that case you should head to the Assassin icon on the map.

belawyer
01-08-2015, 06:43 PM
The customization doesn't require you to do anything, you can customize as you will, you can actually finish the game with the starting gear, but better gear makes the game (much) easier of course.

Thanks for the response. Maybe I should have worded the question differently. With so much character customization options what gets me the most for my loot or biggest bang for my buck?

As far as making money, I already got the theater cafe going with some renovations to start bringing in some cash but I still don't have a ton of money to spend right now. So I want to figure out what are the best investments to my character setup early in the game.

Alphacos007
01-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Well, that depends on your gaming style. I am a stealth player, so the first things I bought were a better hood and more silent boots, but if you like to fight I'd say to get a better sword and maybe some armor to increase your HP in case you tend to get hit a lot during fights.

SixKeys
01-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the response. Maybe I should have worded the question differently. With so much character customization options what gets me the most for my loot or biggest bang for my buck? I got the theater cafe going with some renovations to start bringing in some cash but I still don't have a ton of money to spend and want to figure out what are the best investments early in the game.

Fully upgrading the Café Theatre as soon as possible is your best bet. Apart from that, heists and co-op missions and a good way to earn money. You can do them solo if you're worried about other players ruining your approach.

Alphacos007
01-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Also buy the other Cafés around the city and do their missions, your income wil lgreatly increase. Don't forget the cafè theather missions as well.