PDA

View Full Version : Question about Deluxe version of AC3

dargor5
01-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Hello guys, I was searching for AC3 season pass and found that the deluxe version is for some reason cheaper than buying the season pass on g2a, but I already have AC3, so I wanted to know if there's a way to gift the key for AC3 and keep the season pass and the other stuff

Mr_Shade
01-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi there,

Personally I would avoid non official key sellers - such as that retailer.

Recently a lot of people have found that keys supplied have been revoked, so it's something to consider - also they may not supply download links

dargor5
01-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi there,

Personally I would avoid non official key sellers - such as that retailer.

Recently a lot of people have found that keys supplied have been revoked, so it's something to consider - also they may not supply download links

Thanks for the warning but all of my AC games since Revelation have been from g2a (also about 10 more games) and never had an issue, there are things to look out for in G2a if you're smart nothing happens, but my question is if the deluxe version includes different keys or just one?, if they just give you one well there's no way to gift one thing without the other

YazX_
01-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the warning but all of my AC games since Revelation have been from g2a (also about 10 more games) and never had an issue, there are things to look out for in G2a if you're smart nothing happens, but my question is if the deluxe version includes different keys or just one?, if they just give you one well there's no way to gift one thing without the other

Per my experience, i got one key for AC3 which is the deluxe edition and season pass and its called Ultimate Edition, anyway, i believe it depends on the seller, Steam for an example supplied multiple keys, one for game and other keys are for DLCs, exclusive contents and season pass. anyway, as Mr_Shade said, AC3 replies on download links to get DLCs unlike AC4 and later games, so the seller might not provide these download links and you will not be able to download them.

dargor5
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Per my experience, i got one key for AC3 which is the deluxe edition and season pass and its called Ultimate Edition, anyway, i believe it depends on the seller, Steam for an example supplied multiple keys, one for game and other keys are for DLCs, exclusive contents and season pass. anyway, as Mr_Shade said, AC3 replies on download links to get DLCs unlike AC4 and later games, so the seller might not provide these download links and you will not be able to download them.

They are selling the deluxe version for steam so I guess steam app will manage the downloads? Or no?

Edit: aside from the fact wheter I can gift the game or not, if I dont Ill have 2 copies of AC3, how will uplay app behave with that situation?

YazX_
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
They are selling the deluxe version for steam so I guess steam app will manage the downloads? Or no?

Edit: aside from the fact wheter I can gift the game or not, if I dont Ill have 2 copies of AC3, how will uplay app behave with that situation?

if its steam key, yes steam will manage the downloads for everything, if the key is indeed a steam deluxe edition, then you will get everything, just make sure it includes season pass as well.

Usually Ubisoft games on Steam have different AppID than UPlay, so for UPlay it will be considered as totally different product although both are the same game. to be honest, i'm not sure about AC3 since i have Uplay version, so UPlay might reject the key stating you already have the game, in this case, you have to activate it under another UPlay account.

better to send a ticket to support as they know better, link is in my signature.

dargor5
01-08-2015, 11:23 PM
if its steam key, yes steam will manage the downloads for everything, if the key is indeed a steam deluxe edition, then you will get everything, just make sure it includes season pass as well.

Usually Ubisoft games on Steam have different AppID than UPlay, so for UPlay it will be considered as totally different product although both are the same game. to be honest, i'm not sure about AC3 since i have Uplay version, so UPlay might reject the key stating you already have the game, in this case, you have to activate it under another UPlay account.

better to send a ticket to support as they know better, link is in my signature.
I see and thank you for your help YazX but after the previous warnings I got from you guys I really doubt support wil be willing to help me out on this one. Probably will wait for a sale on the season pass on steam

YazX_
01-08-2015, 11:36 PM
I see and thank you for your help YazX but after the previous warnings I got from you guys I really doubt support wil be willing to help me out on this one. Probably will wait for a sale on the season pass on steam

You are very welcome, but note that steam keys dont work on UPlay and Vice Versa, meaning if you bought a game on steam then bought UPlay season pass, the season pass will not work on steam and vice versa , so if you have the game on steam, you must buy DLCs and SP on steam and same goes for UPlay edition.

dargor5
01-08-2015, 11:42 PM
You are very welcome, but note that steam keys dont work on UPlay and Vice Versa, meaning if you bought a game on steam then bought UPlay season pass, the season pass will not work on steam and vice versa, so if you have the game on steam, you must buy DLCs and SP on steam and same goes for UPlay edition.

WOW thanks a lot for the warning, I have my AC3 on uplay so guess I'll just fork out the $30 bucks, saved me from a big mistake Mod team of ubi forum FTW :D

VoldR
01-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Wow so complicated, I just focus my online dls on Steam and any game I want to avoid long downloads I just get a hard copy from stores. Never bought from uplay directly before...