PDA

View Full Version : So now that i've finished/got the platinum trophy for AC: U...

ziggurcat
01-08-2015, 04:02 AM
A couple of things about this particular instalment bugged me:

1. Way too many collectibles. For example, think i counted well over 400 chests that you are required to collect in this game. It's far too excessive, and most of them were the red chests, which couldn't all be unlocked until you completed chapter 9. I was also disappointed to see that you took away the feature that reveals all of the locations of these collectibles once you've synchronized the area - i wasted too much time trying to find the chests that didn't turn up. I think it really detracts form the overall experience of the game when you spend about 95% of your time running around picking locks/locating and opening chests/collecting cockades/artefacts rather than actually playing the story.

2. Way too many side quests. There really didn't need to be as many as there were. And for the love of god, why were we forced to repeat them 2 or 3 times just to obtain all of the rewards (in the case of the co-op missions, and helix rifts)?? It doesn't make them fun, it makes them tedious.

3. By now, you really should have your controls figured out. It was still horribly frustrating having your character continue to go in the complete opposite direction you were pointing, to having him climb every which way around the window without actually going through it, and equally aggravating having your character hanging 18 inches from the freaking ground, yet you're not able to simply press the circle button to have him drop?

4. Do not, under any circumstance, ever force us to use a separate companion app from our cellphones/tablet devices/etc... in order to obtain collectibles in the game ever again. Having artefacts available in the rift missions that are only available once you waste countless hours in an unnecessary supplemental app is beyond acceptable. No one should have to rely on that crap to fulfill core game requirements, and it's irritating to not have 100% completion in the progress tracker because of that.

Ubisoft, I know you're wanting to make each new iteration bigger, and better, but... do that with the story. You're not really doing anyone any favours by adding so much tedium.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-08-2015, 06:09 AM
To many side quest you say??? Personally the 4-5 diamond side quest are real cool. As long as the content is fun I don't mind there being a ton of things to do. Sometimes I have to make myself play the campaign because some of the Paris Stories and social club missions are pretty fun. I am an ELITE MASTER now so I have some pretty sweet moves. That is another thing I have never really cared about leveling AC Unity and Rainbow six were the only games where I actually care.

Ureh
01-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Congrats on the platinum.:cool:

PandaPuff86
01-08-2015, 08:05 AM
1 - You do realize there's a Time Saver map on Uplay using creds right?

2 - You only have to play the MP missions once to complete it. Equipment is optional and doesn't count towards 100%. No one is forcing you to do it and really most of the side missions are easy and quick to finish. Stop exaggerating about it. Side missions have been around for a long time already.

3 - Bad controls for AC games have changed a lot over the years but still remain annoying sometimes but I will agree that the hanging part of it is indeed most annoying.

4 - Com App doesn't count to the trophy but it certainly takes some patience to complete if you care about that 100%. For me it took 2 months to complete it overall to get Altair's outfit but I do agree with you that its really not necessary to have and it really doesn't blend into the whole story aspect of the game.