PDA

View Full Version : What was taken out of AC that you want brought back?

Lord Shadowless
01-07-2015, 03:54 AM
I want the ability brought back to the AC games to grab and drag live civilians and guardst before pushing them. I can’t understand why this was ever taken out of the game. Also, I like those annoying characters like madmen, minstrels and beggars that tried interfering with you as you roamed the city. Dealing with these people broke up the monotony of just killing guards. I think they should be brought back too.

Anything else you want back?

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 04:23 AM
good modern day

stalkers

good narratives and characters

overarching narrative + lots of lore

RADAR__4077
01-07-2015, 05:45 AM
good modern day

^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^

Also I kinda miss the combat in ac1. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the sword and short blade each had a distinct feel and it actually gave you an advantage if you switched things up during a fight. And I like being able to go after someone with the short blade and throwing a knife if they step out of reach, without interrupting combat.

BigCutieShooty
01-07-2015, 06:15 AM
I missed being able to flick out the hidden blade whenever I wanted in Unity.

Animator_Alex
01-07-2015, 06:21 AM
1: Being able to fight with the hidden blade
2: Being able to whistle
3: free aim like in AC4 without shooting gun first.

phoenix-force411
01-07-2015, 06:32 AM
3: free aim like in AC4 without shooting gun first.

That also introduced the problem with wanting to manual lock from far away. The idea was fine, but the implementation was poor. You could not lock someone without them attacking you or running away from you out in the open.

wvstolzing
01-07-2015, 07:37 AM
sleep darts

-- though I'd like to see them return not as they already were, but in the context of a minimal- or *no*-kill stealth style becoming a viable option.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
- Daggers
- Hidden blade and unarmed combat
- Modern Day
- Authentic accents (or at the very least convincing ones.) Some of those Rogue accents.... sheesh.
- Interesting and meaningful stories (there isn't much reason for Unity to exist lore wise)
Also some smaller things, like being able to flick the hidden blade.

Fatal-Feit
01-07-2015, 01:58 PM
First person MD.

Manual combat/sheathing.

Bushes.

Tomahawk.

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 02:02 PM
good modern day

stalkers

This.

AssassinHMS
01-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Investigations

D.I.D.
01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
I tried my hardest, but I can't think of anything I miss. Everything is better in Unity, but it's not perfect. It can be improved, and I'm sure it will be, but I don't want to see anything brought back into the series. It's good that you can't fight with a hidden blade. It's good that they pared down the luring concept into a single item (although perhaps the simple use of pebbles rather than a firework would be a bit more natural).

Megas_Doux
01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
1 - Decent horse mechanics! In fact I would have loved a countryside surrounding Paris........
2- Lore, for instance I wish some past characters estated to be friends with the character of Unity´s prologue had appeared.
3- Old school platforming levels.
4- Background music.
5- The concept of investigations.
6- Social Stealth.
7- A less confusing day/night cycle.

GoldenBoy9999
01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Hmmm...

Whistling

Bushes ( I like the stealth in Unity, but when I come across a bush, it would be nice to use it.)

Tomb/ Platforming Levels

Social Stealth

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-07-2015, 03:41 PM
good modern day

stalkers

This.

And awesome counter kills & animations :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
01-07-2015, 03:44 PM
This.

And awesome counter kills & animations :rolleyes:

AC III counter kills and animations were TOO over top. I prefer Unity´s approach of combat by a mile........

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-07-2015, 03:48 PM
AC III counter kills and animations were TOO over top. I prefer Unity´s approach of combat by a mile........

Well, remember, Connor was built to be a warrior, so that goes specifically for him.

The animations are just my personal preference. :p

Megas_Doux
01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Well, remember, Connor was built to be a warrior, so that goes specifically for him.

The animations are just my personal preference. :p

'This game is called Assassin's Creed, it is not called Assassin Warrior.'' - Darby McDevitt" :p

I forgot to add above Jesper Kyd and/or Bryan Tyler.

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Brotherhood Ezio fought like a warrior in a way. :rolleyes:

---

But I agree, Unity's approach is perfect for AC.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-07-2015, 04:10 PM
'This game is called Assassin's Creed, it is not called Assassin Warrior.'' - Darby McDevitt" :p

I forgot to add above Jesper Kyd and/or Bryan Tyler.

Hence why I said "personal preference" as in "IMO". Calm your tits. *facepalm* :rolleyes:

And yes, it may be too flashy for AC, but I still liked them since it mostly suited him. :p

--------

And Lorne Balfe <3

Megas_Doux
01-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Balfe is good for the cinematic tracks, thing is I need/want ambient music.

I miss Glyphs, rifts and such too....

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah, glyphs and ambient music

SixKeys
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
-Unarmed combat/takedowns

-Ability to grab and throw guards

-Third-person modern day

-Religion and politics in the overarching narrative

-Jesper Kyd

-Ability to play the entire game to 100% completion without signing up for apps and Initiates

Edit: Actually, scratch "unarmed combat". Unity made such strides in making combat more tense and realistic. I just want unarmed takedowns.

king-hailz
01-07-2015, 05:23 PM
good modern day

stalkers

What she said! Also JESPER KYD!

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Balfe is good for the cinematic tracks,

I miss Glyphs, rifts and such too....

This.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Unarmed combat. For storyline purposes.

Shahkulu101
01-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Ambient music.

Whistling.

Animus loading screen.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-07-2015, 05:51 PM
-unarmed combat/takedowns

-ability to grab and throw guards

-third-person modern day

-religion and politics in the overarching narrative

-jesper kyd

-ability to play the entire game to 100% completion without signing up for apps and initiates

edit: Actually, scratch "unarmed combat". Unity made such strides in making combat more tense and realistic. I just want unarmed takedowns.

omg this!

GunnerGalactico
01-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Investigations

Third person modern day

The use of hidden blades in close quarters.

Social stealth

VolumeRX
01-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Actual Modern Day story, I'll never know the the ruined it with killing Desmond in AC3 especially since he merged with Subject 16 and that gave so many options for the development of Desmond and his character, after that, the modern day story is absolutely meaningless with no real direction.

Background Music + Jesper Kyd, he added a lot to the series, and he really made a difference, with the great Soundtrack, and that he actually made Background Music that made you just climb on top of a building to look at the view, and feel delighted with the Epic Music that played along.

Bare hands fighting and Takedowns.

Great and memorable storyline and characters that will make you remember them and miss them.

Sheathe Swords, Daggers (and Daggers themselves), and the 2 Hidden Blade and actually fighting with the Hidden Blade.

And more that I do not remember ATM.

GunnerGalactico
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM

-Ability to play the entire game to 100% completion without signing up for apps and Initiates

^ And these.

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 06:40 PM
-ability to play the entire game to 100% completion without signing up for apps and initiates

praise baby jesus

aL_____eX
01-07-2015, 08:09 PM

-Third-person modern day

-Jesper Kyd

Edit: Actually, scratch "unarmed combat". Unity made such strides in making combat more tense and realistic. I just want unarmed takedowns.
You mean combat takedowns? Because takedowns are still in the game. Just approach an enemy from behind and hold O on PS4 (B on X1)

Other than that, pretty much everything you said I want to have back. :)

SixKeys
01-07-2015, 08:13 PM
You mean combat takedowns? Because takedowns are still in the game. Just approach an enemy from behind and hold O on PS4 (B on X1)

Other than that, pretty much everything you said I want to have back. :)

I'm on PC, so I don't know how to do that. I've never been able to do it. It would be easier if we could just equip fists.

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm on PC, so I don't know how to do that. I've never been able to do it. It would be easier if we could just equip fists.

You're on PC? So you havent been able to play Rogue yet? D:

aL_____eX
01-07-2015, 08:18 PM
I know, maybe I can find something about which key it is... But takedowns are definitely there. I know it's stupid to not be able to equip your fists anymore, but I really like the fact that hidden blades are no longer combat weapons.

SixKeys
01-07-2015, 08:40 PM
You're on PC? So you havent been able to play Rogue yet? D:

Nope.

Ureh
01-07-2015, 08:46 PM

This thread might help: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/988958-Non-Lethal-Takedown-Question

Most of the folks in that thread said they hold 'E' until the target faints.

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Nope.

I kept asking when Rogue is coming to steam but still no answer.

I just wanna add it to my wishlist :y

SixKeys
01-07-2015, 08:48 PM
This thread might help: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/988958-Non-Lethal-Takedown-Question

Most of the folks in that thread said they hold 'E' until the target faints.

Thanks, this should bring a whole new level of fun to the game, doing "no kill" runs. :)

aL_____eX
01-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks, this should bring a whole new level of fun to the game, doing "no kill" runs. :)
It's also an achievement. Perform 10 nonlethal takedowns in a Coop mission.

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:06 PM
More weapon diversity hands down, wheres all the unique weapons at? Sword + Dagger, Duel Sword, Duel 1H Axes. Also not enough total class diversity between weapons as its mainly just Legendary or bust. Not enough lower tier weapons have the benefits to make them even remotely worth using, nor do they differ like they did in previous AC titles where some weapons had a distinct benefit over another like very high attack speed and parry but low attack or vice versa. Another gripe is how weak rifles are, they are utterly pointless and are out classed by Pistols, they need a drastic buff to range to be even considered mildly useful, as well as adding a Legendary tier Blunderbuss, all the ones in the game currently can't even 1HK point blank 5 diamond basic enemies without it being a head shot. Though they are adding the Guillotine Guns soon (basically a Blunderbuss with a lethal melee attack) Since the mortars are actually a gadget and not the default fire.

Hans684
01-07-2015, 09:17 PM

Unarmed takedowns can lead to far worse, it's more merciful to give a clean kill.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 09:20 PM
nor do they differ like they did in previous AC titles where some weapons had a distinct benefit over another
This is false. Weapons had no difference over each other apart from damage in AC, ever.

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:23 PM
This is false. Weapons had no difference over each other apart from damage in AC, ever.

You must have never played AC Brotherhood where almost every single weapon had different Attack Speed/Damage/Parry from one another, and only the highest tier Legendary weapons that you had to work your *** off to get had max all stats, every thing else was unique in its own right except for a small hand full of weapons.

Edit: On another note your incredibly wrong as every single Assassin's Creed, even in AC1 as you progressed and got higher grade weapons(which didn't show you stats) they did more damage and were easier to parry with.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 09:26 PM
You must have never played AC Brotherhood where almost every single weapon had different Attack Speed/Damage/Parry from one another, and only the highest tier Legendary weapons that you had to work your *** off to get had max all stats, every thing else was unique in its own right except for a small hand full of weapons.
Played brotherhood over 30 times and yes, the stats say there's a difference but in actual gameplay? no. There's no difference. Speed made no difference between swords and neither did Parry. Only the damage was different. So instead of 5 slashes to start a streak, you need 2 slashes. You can never die in brotherhood.

What working your *** off? You mean money? Lol, all you had to do to get money is press a button and sit down and watch the money roll

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Played brotherhood over 30 times and yes, the stats say there's a difference but in actual gameplay? no. There's no difference. Speed made no difference between swords and neither did Parry. Only the damage was different. So instead of 5 slashes to start a streak, you need 2 slashes. You can never die in brotherhood.

What working your *** off? You mean money? Lol, all you had to do to get money is press a button and sit down and watch the money roll

Pretty sure in Brother Hood you had to complete a ton of riddles and what not to get Altiar's Sword and that Gladdius Dagger as well as that unbreakable armor set. You couldn't buy the best gear out right.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Pretty sure in Brother Hood you had to complete a ton of riddles and what not to get Altiar's Sword and that Gladdius Dagger as well as that unbreakable armor set. You couldn't buy the best gear out right.
No, for some weapons, you had to complete challenges from each guild. Which really aren't complicated as the game is easy as bricks. The unbreakable armor is won by the tombs. Needless to say, you don't really NEED it since, again, the game is easy as bricks.

wvstolzing
01-07-2015, 09:53 PM
^^ Besides, the final Romulus 'key' becomes available far too late in the storyline for the armor to be of any use.

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:55 PM
No, for some weapons, you had to complete challenges from each guild. Which really aren't complicated as the game is easy as bricks. The unbreakable armor is won by the tombs. Needless to say, you don't really NEED it since, again, the game is easy as bricks.

True, but again you couldn't just buy everything which is all I implied. Only difficult parts of the game in my opinion were trying to 100% sync Leonardo's machine missions. Also its been ages since I played AC BH, pretty much since that game was still considered new was the last time I touched it.

SixKeys
01-07-2015, 09:56 PM
ACU devs flat-out confirmed there was no difference in weapon stats on previous games. The changes were purely cosmetic.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Edit: On another note your incredibly wrong as every single Assassin's Creed, even in AC1 as you progressed and got higher grade weapons(which didn't show you stats) they did more damage and were easier to parry with.
No, only did more damage. As I said, the only stat that counted was damage. There was no parrying AC I.

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 10:03 PM
ACU devs flat-out confirmed there was no difference in weapon stats on previous games. The changes were purely cosmetic.
There we go.

True, but again you couldn't just buy everything which is all I implied. Only difficult parts of the game in my opinion were trying to 100% sync Leonardo's machine missions. Also its been ages since I played AC BH, pretty much since that game was still considered new was the last time I touched it.
Ehhhh, of course you couldn't just BUY everything, you had no money but then, like I said, it's not difficult to earn money, so.

bitebug2003
01-07-2015, 11:21 PM
What I want that never was, is the ability to shoot blades/knife while hanging from a ledge as the Ledge Assassination took a step back now and you can't do it if the enemies are aware/alert, and almost always results in a confrontation if they spot you).

Other things probably would have been mentioned already

Whistling, Hiding bodies, Enemy shields.
Eagle vision that doesn't involve a cool-down -- if it's an innate ability (or sixth sense) one should be able to use it whenever they want.
Parkour (AC2 flowed nicely I think and doing the races recently it felt natural) that doesn't involve grabbing/jumping on to EVERYTHING when I don't want to.

YazX_
01-07-2015, 11:48 PM
What I want that never was, is the ability to shoot blades/knife while hanging from a ledge as the Ledge Assassination took a step back now and you can't do it if the enemies are aware/alert, and almost always results in a confrontation if they spot you).

Eagle vision that doesn't involve a cool-down -- if it's an innate ability (or sixth sense) one should be able to use it whenever they want.
Parkour (AC2 flowed nicely I think and doing the races recently it felt natural) that doesn't involve grabbing/jumping on to EVERYTHING when I don't want to.

+1 for this, Grab kills have been changed since AC3 and you are unable to do it once detected, before you could grab kill them as soon as they spot you before alerting other guards, now its impossible without alerting others.

Also would like to add Chain kills.

ParkTyGreen
01-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Whatever happened to the horses or the hidden blades in free roam? Small things but I really miss them..

Altair1789
01-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Hidden blade fighting, better air assassination range, fist fighting, horses, and most importantly KILLING CIVILIANS

I'm not crazy or a killer, I just thought it was kinda fun

wvstolzing
01-08-2015, 02:56 AM
ACU had loads of horse manure on the streets; but the horses themselves were absent. :)

UniteUnderPower
01-08-2015, 04:50 AM
I personally don't mind the initiates connectivity as much anymore now that I always have online and an initiates account...but I do see how it could be a problem for some people. The thing that I have a much bigger problem with is the companion app connectivity. Not everyone owns a tablet.

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
throwing knifes for me but the phantom blade is pritty much it now and whistling was useful as well and being able to move bodies

shobhit7777777
01-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Assassin Brotherhood

Fatal-Feit
01-08-2015, 10:29 AM

I was expecting it to finally be a thing, considering the E3 cinematic trailer, but I guess we can only dream...

The_Kiwi_
01-08-2015, 10:48 AM
What I would like back is the feature in AC3 where walking through the streets revealed the map, that was quite realistic, because you obviously see the street when you walk through it
I just didn't like how you NEEDED to walk through the street in order to complete the entire map, as view points didn't reveal it all
So all view points should reveal the entire map, but walking through the street would also reveal it

SuomiKissa
01-08-2015, 11:01 AM
All the fun is stripped off the AC-U, the other AC of the game is. Now, especially when the game is played to the end in Paris quite poor and boring to pass. There are only occasional thieves running, rescuing the victims, the blackmailer which will have to be content with waiting for access to the co-op game.

I think the battle system is the power boring / easy and one-sided three keys banging combat situations. A variety of options for fighting methods have little opportunities, compared to the previous AC games.
I miss:
- Rope darts
- Poison arrow (Rogue - poison the dog, it will kill many guards on your behalf)
- Anesthesia arrow
- Fist fights
- The watchman of weapon exports and its use - a dagger, ax, sword, spear ...
- Other weapons brush, hoe, guitar, violin ...
- Whistle, now hidden killings AC-U is difficult to make hay pile or a tent. Cherry Bomb is bad and ineffective. Running creates an open conflict at all times.
- Shrubs, yes they are playing but are not successful in hiding. The guards will notice even if you have a cover mode, crouch
- Human shield
- Hide the body, it would have created a AC-U to the feeling that in some sections of the game

- Fast walking (Multiplayer A-button)
- Jogging treadmill (Multiplayer RT-button mid)
- Jostling

- The handling of animals
- trade
- carpentry
- The movement of the horse and the fight

- A lot was missing when you do not come on my mind

In general, the game sets are growing every part of the time, Rogue did so, but the AC-U made an exception, it fell compared to the previous parts. Even AC1 to give more content to play diverse functions to zero. Pity the AC-U, great spectacular game was poor in many respects.

SixKeys
01-08-2015, 05:29 PM
What I would like back is the feature in AC3 where walking through the streets revealed the map, that was quite realistic, because you obviously see the street when you walk through it
I just didn't like how you NEEDED to walk through the street in order to complete the entire map, as view points didn't reveal it all
So all view points should reveal the entire map, but walking through the street would also reveal it

I agree. AC3 had a good idea with the gradual revealing of the map, unfortunately it was poorly executed. The way it should work is that staying on street level would only reveal what's directly in front of you, climbing higher would reveal more, and syncing viewpoints would reveal a huge part of the entire district.

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2015, 05:56 PM
3rd Person Modern Day
First Civ. stuff
The Lore and the overarching story including stuff like Clay’s riddles.

You know, the stuff that made the games matter, that gave a reason and purpose to the historical portion.

Eduard413
01-08-2015, 07:52 PM
what I want back?
1. Modern Day story progression like the games on last-gen + Those Who Came Before twists
2. Modern Day story progression like the games on last-gen + Those Who Came Before twists
3. Modern Day story progression like the games on last-gen + Those Who Came Before twists
this is what I want... and a new protagonist like Desmond was / and if not, just return to the AC4 / AC Rogue style if new character is out of the option which I don't believe, it is possible!
please Ubisoft, I love you so much (and also kinda hate you for ruining Modern Day and First Civilization) pleaaase, bring it back
and also I want back:
4. Human Shields
5. and Horses ;)
6. fists as a weapon
7. whistling

aL_____eX
01-08-2015, 08:20 PM
I agree. AC3 had a good idea with the gradual revealing of the map, unfortunately it was poorly executed. The way it should work is that staying on street level would only reveal what's directly in front of you, climbing higher would reveal more, and syncing viewpoints would reveal a huge part of the entire district.
I stil remember how long it took to 100% ACIII because of the challenges which were connected to revealing the map. :rolleyes:

Really like your idea of how it could be handled so I'll just compliment this post. +1

Shahkulu101
01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I explored so much in AC3 that the map was fully revealed by coincidence -- I never had to purposely run around in specific areas. Don't know how that happened really, I did love the Frontier and had a great time just observing the scenic views and admiring the animals. And even though I eventually came to the conclusion Boston and NY were crap cities, I initially enjoyed uncovering a whole new environment so different to Renaissance Italy.

I have a vast amount of problems with AC3, but I found it weirdly more immersive than most of the other games.

This is completely off-topic. :rolleyes:

mrbrightside2011
01-08-2015, 09:41 PM

All of this PLUS enemy AI that isn't so mindblowingly stupid. Remember when they used to actually climb stuff to chase you? Oh, and being able to disarm enemies with your bare hands and use their weapons against them was also pretty cool.

Assassin_M
01-08-2015, 09:55 PM
From reading this, most things people want back for combat are either pointless or OP. Now I know how this franchise got so screwed up. Brace yourselves, Unity is the last game we'll have that had challenging combat. It's back to the baby stages.

emperior
01-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Keep the combat as in AC:U as it is difficult and MANY people love this, but bring back variety to it. So bring back fists, and maybe new type of weapons (although I really like what they did with AC:U) I feel it would be awesome if we could buy and use more pistols, more swords (so more like Edward, with options to use 2 at one time like he did) or Bow and Tomahawk (like Connor) or Crossbow and Hidden Pistol like Ezio. Basically bring back every items we could use with other assassins.
Also double hidden blades option. So basically everyone's load out would look really different.
So fist fights are possible but fist stats are obviously all extremely low except for some little damage. This way, fist fight can be useful only in fist fights, and they can add fight clubs and street fights. That would be so cool.
Bring back diving, no reason to remove it, and bush stealth. Also bring back whistling, maybe vary it up a little like add knocking or something to make noise and attract guards.
Bring back the ability to hide dead bodies.
Bring back Human Shield BUT only usable when enemy is at 0 health. So more balanced as no enemy would be so stupid to let himself be used as a shield.

bitebug2003
01-09-2015, 03:53 AM
The ability to throw just one smoke/stun bomb at a time instead of two ...

Fatal-Feit
01-09-2015, 04:12 AM
From reading this, most things people want back for combat are either pointless or OP. Now I know how this franchise got so screwed up. Brace yourselves, Unity is the last game we'll have that had challenging combat. It's back to the baby stages.

To be fair, Unity's combat was still pretty easy. And flawed.

My suggestions are to fix its problems, not just return features.

* Dodge rolls ONLY happen when you tilt the analog. Tapping the dodge button will make Arno simply hover instead.

* No more auto sheathing/arming. It doesn't work too well in this game. The AI are foolish and when they lose sight of Arno, even for a split second, he'd automatically put the weapon away, and that leaves him vulnerable and make the game look silly.

* No more red highlights with heavy attacks. It looks unrealistic. Okay, the game is not realistic, but it just looks funny...

* A hover system that allows Arno to dodge bullets when he's not in combat. Something like in Rogue where Shay could dodge roll to avoid bullets from the Assassins.

Assassin_M
01-09-2015, 04:21 AM
To be fair, Unity's combat was still pretty easy. And flawed.
It was harder than anything in AC before, it was SOMETHING. Sure, it gets easy when you buy strong weapons but it was something...

cjdavies
01-09-2015, 08:11 AM
I have no idea what is in Unity yet as only played up to Rogue so far.

- Posion darts, but I suppose Berserk makes up for it.
- Tombs
- Multiplayer
- Long story

Fatal-Feit
01-09-2015, 09:57 AM
I have no idea what is in Unity yet as only played up to Rogue so far.

- Posion darts, but I suppose Berserk makes up for it.
- Tombs
- Multiplayer
- Long story

Tombs are present in Unity.

SixKeys
01-09-2015, 05:58 PM

Not really. There are underground passages, but nothing that makes them different from other areas in the game. I don't miss the tombs as PoP-style platforming challenges (the new parkour system is way too finicky for that), but I do miss the puzzles and mysteries. There was one in the Mireabeau co-op mission in ACU where you had to line up the symbols, but it's a nightmare if you're with someone else without a mic. Me and a random once spent 5 minutes undoing each other's work. :p "NO, STOP PRESSING THE ******* BUTTON, I ALREADY-- ugh, and now we have to start over."

Perk89
01-09-2015, 06:01 PM
-Modern Day
-Whistling
-Freaking Hidden Blade
-Human Shield, along with the hundreds of other combat animations/techniques/methods that made combat fun.

dont get me wrong-I like the new combat difficulty-but we shouldn't be limited to swordplay when dispatching enemies. (that doesn't mean recycle the same tools over and over, Ubi. Think up new stuff!

Perk89
01-09-2015, 06:02 PM
-The old parkour system and it's ability to climb in windows

seriously. The new system was so promising but is so cumbersome that it just isn't worth it. I just wanna be able to go in that window. Is that so much to ask.

cjdavies
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM

:D From reading comments about this game no bushes and no whistle :(

Altair1789
01-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Above all else, the fluidity

I've recently taken the time to play Assassin's Creed 3 again, and I was just so sad that the series changed at all since then. I loved how fluid the game felt, you can just pull out your tomahawk, run, assassinate, do whatever. The running animation felt natural, the tree climbing was awesome (hasn't been removed, but it's less useful) , the frontier was huge and diverse, the air assassination range was nice, you could pick up and move things, it's so fun. I would love to see Victory bring back all of these aspects of the game. Having the opportunity to use a tomahawk, while it would be strange for that time period and location, would be nice.

GunnerGalactico
01-10-2015, 06:33 AM

I've recently taken the time to play Assassin's Creed 3 again, and I was just so sad that the series changed at all since then. I loved how fluid the game felt, you can just pull out your tomahawk, run, assassinate, do whatever. The running animation felt natural, the tree climbing was awesome (hasn't been removed, but it's less useful) , the frontier was huge and diverse, the air assassination range was nice, you could pick up and move things, it's so fun. I would love to see Victory bring back all of these aspects of the game. Having the opportunity to use a tomahawk, while it would be strange for that time period and location, would be nice.

Maybe not as strange as you might think. I used a katana and wakizashi in Colonial America (Rogue) :p

Altair1789
01-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Maybe not as strange as you might think. I used a katana and wakizashi in Colonial America (Rogue) :p

Good point. And we were also allowed to use scimitars and katanas in the french revolution

Alright now that it seems more likely, I really want tomahawks in Victory

SixKeys
01-10-2015, 06:46 AM

I agree about fluidity, but not that AC3 had it. AC1-ACB's system was the most precise and least frustrating. Rarely did I ever accidentally do something I didn't intend with the old puppeteer system. AC3 was a freaking nightmare compared to that. AC4 refined the controls somewhat, and Unity is like a weird mixture of the two. It has the same frustrating imprecision as AC3 but also has the fluid "parkour down" option which is great.

I don't want any more signature combat weapons like the tomahawk or Adéwale's machete. I want the games to go more towards stealth, not less. I never use anything but the hidden blade for close-quarters assassinations.

Altair1789
01-10-2015, 06:55 AM
I agree about fluidity, but not that AC3 had it. AC1-ACB's system was the most precise and least frustrating. Rarely did I ever accidentally do something I didn't intend with the old puppeteer system. AC3 was a freaking nightmare compared to that. AC4 refined the controls somewhat, and Unity is like a weird mixture of the two. It has the same frustrating imprecision as AC3 but also has the fluid "parkour down" option which is great.

I don't want any more signature combat weapons like the tomahawk or Adéwale's machete. I want the games to go more towards stealth, not less. I never use anything but the hidden blade for close-quarters assassinations.

The climbing in AC3 wasn't that fluid, I agree, but in terms of I guess freedom, it felt like I was more in control (again, not with freeroam). I don't want signature weapons either, but the freedom to choose between many different types would be nice

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 06:59 AM
I think a signature weapon is appropriate if it reflects the culture of the individual
So far, only AC3 has got that right

Unless machetes are somehow tied to African culture, or hidden blades to Italians, then AC3 remains the only game to get it right

The only weapon I can think of that would be a relevant signature weapon for a Victorian Englishman would be knuckle-busters (or dusters)
But I'm not even sure that they're British

But in the end, I wouldn't mind a return to AC1 weapons
That shortblade was kickass :cool:

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 07:07 AM

Good point. And we were also allowed to use scimitars and katanas in the french revolution

Both of those were available through animus trickery. They could be included again, but those are essentially swords and don't require a new set of animations like the tomahawk.

Assassin_M
01-10-2015, 07:10 AM

Wanna go for a round of parkour from one point to another in Paris? That'd be fun.

GunnerGalactico
01-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Both of those were available through animus trickery. They could be included again, but those are essentially swords and don't require a new set of animations like the tomahawk.

Point taken.

The_Kiwi_
01-10-2015, 07:22 AM

Animus Trickery™

Altair1789
01-10-2015, 07:31 AM
Animus Trickery™

"Hey, how come-"

"IT WAS THE ANIMUS"

GoldenBoy9999
01-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Hah, yes. The answer to so many things...

roostersrule2
01-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Ezio.

Ubi had IGN ratings of 8+ and even a 9, and when it comes down to it IGN ratings are all that matter.

TheMadGamerMan
01-10-2015, 04:16 PM

The above Please!. I love Altair's outfit, but don't want the companion app..
AC Death matches (I want to hunt down other Assassins|)
More CO-OP & Player customizations

DON'T ADD

changing of outfits dictated how we act like in AC Liberation

SixKeys
01-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Wanna go for a round of parkour from one point to another in Paris? That'd be fun.

Nah, no point this time, since I'm almost certain it's possible to cross over using rooftops alone. And the parkour system is too annoying to want to cross such a huge city.

I can't believe I forgot one thing I wish would return: multiplayer! ACU's co-op is all right, but no match for the adversarial multiplayer. A few days ago I dived back into AC4 MP for the first time in months and it was such a blast.

emperior
01-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Nah, no point this time, since I'm almost certain it's possible to cross over using rooftops alone. And the parkour system is too annoying to want to cross such a huge city.

I can't believe I forgot one thing I wish would return: multiplayer! ACU's co-op is all right, but no match for the adversarial multiplayer. A few days ago I dived back into AC4 MP for the first time in months and it was such a blast.

lol it sucks

KJC_Obi-Wan
01-11-2015, 06:58 AM
lol it sucks

What sucks? The parkour system in Unity or the multiplayer in AC4?

iancreed
01-11-2015, 07:01 AM
I'd like to re-introduce the "Killing List" graphic that was at AC2, where we could see the objectives f.e when we killed Uberto Alberti we unlocked the Revenge list or something like that idk but it looked great

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2015, 07:08 AM

Yes, it is possible. And I don't know. The parkour system is pretty good for me. It's something we all have to get used to and adjust. It's an upgraded engine with its own systemics.

Btw, you guys should try racing from one side of Paris to the other in a 4 player CO-OP. It's stupid but fun. Next time I'm going to try rooftops only. :p

Oh yeah, regarding the CO-OP bit, it's in its bare bone stages. Let's give it another game before we start petitions or smthin.

SixKeys
01-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Yes, it is possible. And I don't know. The parkour system is pretty good for me. It's something we all have to get used to and adjust. It's an upgraded engine with its own systemics.

Btw, you guys should try racing from one side of Paris to the other in a 4 player CO-OP. It's stupid but fun. Next time I'm going to try rooftops only. :p

Oh yeah, regarding the CO-OP bit, it's in its bare bone stages. Let's give it another game before we start petitions or smthin.

I don't know, ACU's parkour feels in some ways like a step forward (parkour up/down) and in some ways a step back, like how hard it is to enter windows, get down from balconies or perform back-eject. Everything feels too sticky, Arno's always climbing things he's not supposed to. AC4 was better about this, hopefully the next game will have more precise controls.

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't know, ACU's parkour feels in some ways like a step forward (parkour up/down) and in some ways a step back, like how hard it is to enter windows, get down from balconies or perform back-eject.

Those are things that requires some time and practice to adjust, especially windows. They are very easy for me to do now.

The most notable flaw in Unity's parkour for me is the removal of side eject and inconsistent parkour in interiors (in some rooms you can climb and jump on objects, others you can't).

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 10:14 AM
The most notable flaw in Unity's parkour for me is the removal of side eject

+1 for the side eject, both when hanging from a ledge, and after running up a wall; I used to use this all the time.

TheUnderTaker9
01-12-2015, 12:35 PM
1. Better Music ( Like AC 1 and 2), especially for fighting and during a chase.
2. Music playing in the background.
3. Better story with better characters..Instead of making the time period just as a background, like in AC Unity, use the time period better in the story, like how AC 2 and Brotherhood used the Borgias as the main villains. In Unity whatever historical figures were present only appeared in one or two missions and cutscenes and were mostly irrelevant to the main story.
4. Fighting unarmed and with hidden blade, being able to flick your blades whenever you want.
5. The stealing mechanic from AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, rather than that of all the games starting from AC3.
6. Parkour - Side ejecting from wall, different options for running slower and sprinting, fast walk.
7. More mission variety (Main and side) - Like the missions in AC 2 and Brotherhood with Leonardo Da Vinci's machines and the catacombs. Make certain side missions relevant to the story or the main character, such as the Homestead missions in AC3 and the Assassin Missions in Black Flag.
8. Being able to upgrade your character's stats without changing the outfit - These two should be seperate. Sometimes if I wanted better stats in Unity, I had to wear the particular outfits which I didn't really like, causing less freedom.
9. Modern Day - I liked the modern day parts with the whole Desmond storyline in the first 5 games, and even the first person sections in Black Flag. AC Unity's modern day was a joke and wasn't even relevant in the whole modern day plot.

Pau1o88
01-12-2015, 07:05 PM
- unarmed combat
- push / pulling guards - (particularly off roofs)
- hiding bodies
- whistling
- bushes
- ability to pick up enemy weapons (I used to like picking up rifles for that one use)
- modern day setting (used to keep the story grounded)
- Jumping off buildings etc. (why is it so difficult to jump off a building then half way up ?!)

mrbrightside2011
01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
I want the ability brought back to the AC games to grab and drag live civilians and guardst before pushing them. I can’t understand why this was ever taken out of the game. Also, I like those annoying characters like madmen, minstrels and beggars that tried interfering with you as you roamed the city. Dealing with these people broke up the monotony of just killing guards. I think they should be brought back too.

Anything else you want back?

Ubisoft's integrity.

xChip1998x
01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
good modern day

stalkers

Basically this.

And the Precursor Race as a main pillar. :)

SixKeys
01-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Oh yeah, stalkers! They should bring those back. Maybe make them less frequent than in ACR (don't know how the assassin stalkers were handled in Rogue) but the concept was fun.

jimbo91375
01-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Horses. Loved riding horses. Realize that there wasn't much of a need here, but would like to see them again.

Assassin_M
01-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Ubisoft's integrity.
You mean back when they took out pieces of the game and sold them for $10? I would love that back too.

Megas_Doux
01-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Horses. Loved riding horses. Realize that there wasn't much of a need here, but would like to see them again.

Indeed!

I would have loved a countryside surrounding Paris and even more so riding a horse......

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:50 PM
1. Whistle
2. Stalkers
3. Renovating (best was in the Ezio games)
4. Horses (depends on time period etc so not always)
5. Boats (kind of like the horses, would be great to use them to get across the river)
6. Deeper puzzles, hidden chambers.

There are good things in Unity that should be kept, but it would be nice to add back in the stuff I mentioned above.

Ziiimmie
01-14-2015, 03:16 AM
MODERN DAY :cool::cool::cool:

lsgnobody
01-14-2015, 03:22 AM
Fun.
I wish they'd bring the fun out of playing it back.

AssassinHMS
01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Fun.
I wish they'd bring the fun out of playing it back.

I'm sorry but that's up to you...

DemonLord4lf
01-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Counter kills, human shield, chain kills.

AssassinHMS
01-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Counter kills, human shield, chain kills.

Why? They were unrealistic and only made combat easier and casual.

DemonLord4lf
01-14-2015, 07:16 AM
Why? They were unrealistic and only made combat easier and casual.

How are they unrealistic? A skilled swordsmen could easily do counter kills and chain kills. As for the human shield, i want to hear what makes it unrealistic to you?

AssassinHMS
01-14-2015, 07:40 AM
How are they unrealistic? A skilled swordsmen could easily do counter kills and chain kills. As for the human shield, i want to hear what makes it unrealistic to you?

I never said they aren't realistic, I said they WEREN'T realistic. The thread is about things that WERE in previous AC games. And none of the things you listed WERE realistic in previous games. But, if you think that an Assassin slicing through enemy ranks like they're made of butter and effortlessly using enemies as shields in the heat of the battle is remotely realistic then you seriously need to reevaluate what is and what isn’t realistic.

DemonLord4lf
01-14-2015, 07:47 AM
I never said they aren't realistic, I said they WEREN'T realistic. The thread is about things that WERE in previous AC games. And none of the things you listed WERE realistic in previous games. But, if you think that an Assassin slicing through enemy ranks like they're made of butter and effortlessly using enemies as shields in the heat of the battle is remotely realistic then you seriously need to reevaluate what is and what isn’t realistic.

In that case, i do concede you're point. I still want them to put them back in. Perhaps change them up so you cant endless chain kill an entire army. Hopefully the same for counter kills and human shields, make them appear to be more realistic.

abdsp5179
01-17-2015, 01:18 AM
Personally I want the whistles back and crafting. The chain kills were nice too in Liberation. But ultimately bring back the whistle, hiding bodies, and don't have me earn flipping skils that other games have at the start like double assassinations.

The_Kiwi_
01-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Personally I want the whistles back and crafting. The chain kills were nice too in Liberation. But ultimately bring back the whistle, hiding bodies, and don't have me earn flipping skils that other games have at the start like double assassinations.

I always forget about the chain kills, I never used them too often even on the Vita
The premise of them was cool but I think they may be seen as the most OP thing out of all the different variations of combat

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 09:26 AM
I always forget about the chain kills, I never used them too often even on the Vita
The premise of them was cool but I think they may be seen as the most OP thing out of all the different variations of combat

Chain kills were cool when killing your run of the mill soldier, but they did add veteran soldiers that could counter your chain kill and make it so you actually had to fight them.

Quaney Owns U
01-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Wow, the weapon choosing, not just a sword and the hidden blade finishers (I know the hidden blade is supposed to be "hidden" but it is a cool weapon that shouldn't be underused.) The fist fighting was extraordinary and now it is gone, I do prefer the old combat more. The non-animus/helix missions the overall non-animus storyline, we need a hero or heroin with a face. as bad as this sounds- Elise could have been less American, if you're actress who is supposed to be speaking english says "Orffered" instead of offered they should do a retake. (as bad as it sounds that accent cheapened the game.). The cover whistle as well. I liked picking up weapons too. Also where is Rebecca gone? if that is her in Unity why has Eliza Jane Schneider been replaced?

pb0yd1
01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
The whistle should be in ,also i want to be able the option to use unarmed combat so i can take there weapons,to throw dirt as in other AC's was a nice touch.
But i would only like these added to this combat ,as unity is more challenging...imo.

Gman3399
01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Two main things, the first one really bugged me:
1. Bring back the in-game statistics! I want to know how many hours I've played! - The website doesn't work for me, when I log in my stats never show!
2. I agree whistling in haystacks was definitely missing, now I have to wait for ages and hope the guards path is close enough when they walk past

kriegerdesgottes
01-18-2015, 04:56 AM
1. ambient music
2. old combat
3. whistling from haystacks.
4. being able to change my weapon wheel to how I want it
5. being able to play with my weapons when I have them chosen.

The_Kiwi_
01-18-2015, 08:13 AM
1. ambient music
2. old combat
3. whistling from haystacks.
4. being able to change my weapon wheel to how I want it
5. being able to play with my weapons when I have them chosen.

This so much
I loved running around flicking my blades out or throwing heavy weapons towards civilians
It was most fun in the Ezio trilogy

aprice07
01-18-2015, 09:30 AM
There's several things I want back, Most have been mentioned, but a new modern day character that pushes the narrative forward, like with Desmond. Some people didn't like it, but it was never that long for people to really be disappointed, and there's people like me who liked it. For me, it was the whole point in playing the ancestor. I felt no drive to play through the single player story in Unity.

I don't really like the combat now, or the way it was before. Why, oh why can't we get a combat system like Batman: Arkham, and the newer Shadow of Mordor. It could be done with the weapons that our Assassins use. Double counters, and racking up the hit multiplier to get the kill would be perfect for AC.

DemonLord4lf
01-21-2015, 04:01 AM
There's several things I want back, Most have been mentioned, but a new modern day character that pushes the narrative forward, like with Desmond. Some people didn't like it, but it was never that long for people to really be disappointed, and there's people like me who liked it. For me, it was the whole point in playing the ancestor. I felt no drive to play through the single player story in Unity.

I don't really like the combat now, or the way it was before. Why, oh why can't we get a combat system like Batman: Arkham, and the newer Shadow of Mordor. It could be done with the weapons that our Assassins use. Double counters, and racking up the hit multiplier to get the kill would be perfect for AC.

I was all for the old combat system until i read your post. That would be sweet to see something like that.

AhaziaD
01-21-2015, 04:40 AM
How about Day/Night Cycle?

Hans684
01-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Lore and relevant stories.

xThistle
01-21-2015, 06:10 AM
For the love of all that is good and holy, bring back the lure whistle!

brotersinarms
01-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Bring back the horses and HUGE maps like on AC 3.