PDA

View Full Version : Chimney - Yellow Moon Band

tagliobo
01-06-2015, 09:58 PM
I apologize in advance if I've posted this question in the wrong place. (I'm not sure where to post this since my question is about a song downloaded from RS1 using the Import Tool).

I've recently been learning the song Chimney by The Yellow Moon Band, but I've hit a snag with the riff repeater. For some reason when I use the RR I'm unable to highlight small portions of the song like I'm able to with other songs. In fact, the last third of the song (all of which I find challenging) acts like one solid block that can't be broken down into easier, bite-size portions, and it's almost impossible for me to learn a section that large all at once.

So my question is: is this a glitch? Does this song act similarly for everyone, or has something gone wrong with my particular copy of the game? Or, if the song is working as intended, can I submit a request somewhere for the devs to address this problem with an update? As it stands, I'll have to give up on this track, and I'd rather not do that.

rcole_sooner
01-06-2015, 10:44 PM
I can't remember this one, but some songs do have large sections full of smaller blocks.

On the original Rocksmith the whole solo of Sunshine of Your Love was one long section. Hard to get leveled as one mistake would fail the whole section. Even harder to practice the last part as you had to make it all the way there to practice it.

They have done a much better job of making the sections more manageable, but I just don't remember how Chimney was broken up.

You can just manually raise the level, and pause the song at certain points to practice note/chord groups. I have to do that on many songs. Sadly, the game does not just start where it is paused, but rather rewinds to the beginning of the section.

sings_in_tune
01-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Chimney by The Yellow Moon Band is the same for me. One big block at the end.

Jimi_Jimmy
01-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Yeah, there are a few songs like that from the first version. Another one is Are You Gonna Go My Way. I don't like it either. My theory (and I think it is a good one) is that when the Ubi gang first started to develop the game they were still trying to decide the best way to break the songs up and they originally thought this would be the best way to learn the solo, since the solo starts with only a few of the notes. Personally, I never run any song on less than 100% difficulty, so I like the fact that they changed their ways in pretty much all the DLC that came out for the original and virtually everything for RS 2014. I just set riff repeater to 100% difficulty and if it is a complex passage, I then slow it down to learn it in chunks.