PDA

View Full Version : Update on Trials Fusion Online MP

RetiredRonin
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Hello all,

We know that you have been eagerly awaiting news for Trials Fusion Online MP, and I'm pleased to be able to let you know that we are in the final leg of getting everything buttoned up for launching this feature. I know that what everyone wants is the release date (or even better, for us to just launch the thing), but we're deep into the development process and we have submitted our updates to the various 1st parties for validation.

What does this mean exactly? It means that while we may not yet have an exact date to give you, we wanted to give an update on how the process was moving along and give you a better frame of time than a simple "soon".

The 4th Track DLC is a different update, but the plan is to have it available closely following the MP update.

Hairy Cabbage
01-06-2015, 08:07 PM
:D

Ozy Be
01-06-2015, 08:55 PM
we have submitted our updates to the various 1st parties for validation.
The 4th Track DLC is a different update, but the plan is to have it available closely following the MP update.
:DSo before the next DLC...oooh I can almost taste it:D
Thanks for the update Shifty... Patiently waiting:)

Now, where did I leave that editor...:D

Morfyboy
01-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Soooo close now.. :)

Smilies2019
01-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Sorry. i stil dont get it.
If the NEXT DLC comes just after MP release, why not give a date on DLC release date.
Or does it mean, the DLC's are also stil in progress? thats why dates can not be told.

Stil apreciate your info Shifty

En0-
01-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Hi Smilies,

I'll answer as Shifty was busy with dealing with the rest of the forum. (and I totally support what he's doing and wouldn't like to be in his shoes)

There is no date on the DLC release because there is a dependency between the release of the multiplayer and the release of the DLC (we can't release the DLC before multiplayer technically), when we'll have the date of the multiplayer, we'll have the date of the DLC.

Cheers,

TheeDesecrator
01-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Please someone LOCK this Thread since it does not provide any Information at all.

It provides plenty of information. Someone ban this sock puppet.

The info of it being released to certification is very good info. This means it is very, very close. Don't be surprised if you see an update this week. Though, on the other hand, don't be surprised if you don't.

It''s weeks away at most. Calm down.

TheRealTeeHill
01-10-2015, 12:14 PM
there is a dependency between the release of the multiplayer and the release of the DLC (we can't release the DLC before multiplayer technically)
Anyone else read that as "there will be an 8 lane track in the DLC and we don't want to release DLC with unusable content"?

Smilies2019
01-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Anyone else read that as "there will be an 8 lane track in the DLC and we don't want to release DLC with unusable content"?

yup..i do...

TheeDesecrator
01-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Sure, but I don't take that as a bad thing. Since this announcement I assumed there'd be something involved with MP in the DLC. I didn't expect it to be much, and still don't. Perhaps one track built in.

EDIT: I just re-read what my drunk-a## wrote. It didn't sound terribly positive, and I didn't mean it like that. This DLC, along with the final DLC, are my most anticipated. By "didn't expect it to be much," I only meant in terms of quantity, not quality. I suspect this will be the best DLC to date. With regards to MP, I think there will be one, maybe two MP tracks built in. That's why they want this to come out after MP is released.

BlueBadger400
01-10-2015, 12:47 PM
So now new tracks are a bad thing? umm....

TheRealTeeHill
01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
So now new tracks are a bad thing? umm....
Nope, the more tracks/content the better :) I was making the point that my assumption is that DLC will follow MP because the DLC will have MP content :)

Ozy Be
01-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Nope, the more tracks/content the better :) I was making the point that my assumption is that DLC will follow MP because the DLC will have MP content :)

:)Never thought of that,
Although I wouldn't mind the DLC now and any such tracks put into a new RL Creations Feed;)

BlueBadger400
01-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Just love how you guys answer to every post that gives you just the slightest of posibility to make everyone look like a spoiled Fan.

And you're just looking to bash every post RL staff make on this forum. This thread started by Shifty posting information about mode that's coming really soon that people have been waiting and you bash and belittle the post right away. Then you're calling us out because we are somehow the cause of all negativity?

Ozy Be
01-10-2015, 01:36 PM
The only thing worse than Hate and Negativity is the perpetuation of same,
If something displeases, move on ...please

BlueBadger400
01-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Nope this Thread was not made in any way for the purpose of giving Information. It was made to contain the Big Ego of your Community Manager; and get people to support his fraudulent Moderation Style. But yeah Good that he is actively encouraging a build up of Hate right before the Launch of MP. just wildly deleting Posts, that for once had a positive notion.

Making people follow rules (that he didn't make) is part of his job. I don't know why posting information is considered an ego boost, but anyone from RL could have done it, but because Shifty spends most amount of time here from all of us it's just natural he did it.

You're attacking us from a secondary account and then saying rule enforcement is somehow fraudulent behaviour.

BlueBadger400
01-10-2015, 01:59 PM

I think you'll like the 4th DLC then ;) I can't say anything about the Fire under the Deep yet, but soon we should have more info about it.

TheeDesecrator
01-10-2015, 02:14 PM
I just love how locking Threads all of a Sudden is considered Mature & Rule Enforcing. Well you'll get what you seeded for treating your community like _ _ _ _ this entire year.
Now trying to set a positive mood before MP release; don' t call me hypocrite. I actually made this Account just to joke about SwagDeflector and his slimey posts but said more than I ever wanted anyway.

And at those people calling me puppet you are the puppets since you just don't care about how you are treated by this company. Like Swines just eating everything they are fed.

I'm for locking threads that go nowhere. Sadly, this positive announcement thread is going in that direction as well. As always, no one is pleased when they get what they want with this game. This forum is full of sock puppet accounts (yourself included) asking when MP is coming to make it appear more in demand than it really is. Now that it is announced and near ready, people are still displeased and come up with something else to complain about. I am for eliminating "where is" threads, banning sock puppets, and locking threads that end up like this has.

As for how I'm treated by RL. I feel I've been treated rather well. I paid $40 for a game I'm still playing. I pay $60 for games that last a week or two. I agree with many gripes about the game that people have legitimately, and civilly, expressed, but those gripes don't affect me as harshly as it seems to affect others. The core game as it came in the box is what I wanted and I got what I wanted. Everything else is a bonus. I would've gladly paid $40 for the game minus the DLC and paid $5 for each (admittedly, short) DLC.

XxGATORMANIAxX
01-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Wow. The amount of trash that is being slung around here is just crazy. It wouldn't matter if someone else was in Shifty's spot you would still be getting the same response. Everyone's upset that MP isn't out yet I get it. Since Fusions release the forum has slowly degraded to a bunch of people talking trash. So it seems like people's only response is to take it out on the person who responds to the community's questions.
Think about it this way. Your a Manager and you get into a verbal altercation with one of your employee's. After it's done you the Manager is willing to continue on with out an infraction. Then the employee says something along the lines of you can't fire me!! Then set employee gets fired. All because he had to push that button and had to challenge his boss.
What I'm saying is iv seen several cases where Shifty let things slide but with that then came people that had to be the big dog and challenge him/pushing limits. What your doing is pushing people into a corner then getting mad when you get a reaction. Now I know Shifty's not your Boss but he is the manager of this community and he has a job to do.
All this time put into bashing could have produced a lot of positive things.

VEGASTRASH
01-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I think 10 months into the release of Fusion is a perfect time for multiplayers to hit. The number of active players should be at an all time high for the franchise.

empecee
01-10-2015, 11:28 PM
I think 10 months into the release of Fusion is a perfect time for multiplayers to hit. The number of active players should be at an all time high for the franchise.
i cant wait any longer .

Patabarnack
01-10-2015, 11:32 PM
its the last hope to get back to Fusion.
Hit or miss...

my finger is cross.

En0-
01-11-2015, 12:27 AM

Just to be sure to set the expectation right, that's not what I said :) The dependency is not that obvious. It would be invisible for players actually (when you'll see the DLC, you won't say "that's why the MP was before!", it's sneakier than that and it's related to some bug fixes not related to MP.

Cheers,

Jongie
01-12-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm really excited now. Two big updates in front of us. The wait is killing me!

TheRealTeeHill
01-12-2015, 12:38 PM
I think you'll like the 4th DLC then ;) I can't say anything about the Fire under the Deep yet, but soon we should have more info about it.
Cheers Badger, can't wait m8 :)

Just to be sure to set the expectation right, that's not what I said :) The dependency is not that obvious. It would be invisible for players actually (when you'll see the DLC, you won't say "that's why the MP was before!", it's sneakier than that and it's related to some bug fixes not related to MP.

Cheers,

Cheers for the info En0, that was me being speculative :)

attila-999
01-18-2015, 10:22 AM

It makes me really want, and congratulations to integrate more tracks

iStriide
01-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not hyped for this multiplayer at all. Never liked the Supercross mode, and it took way too long for a rehashed Supercross mode with four extra lanes to come out. Now, if there will be a Easy Trials and Hardcore Trials mode, then sure I'll actually turn on my Xbox One to play that.

RaketeAal397
01-18-2015, 04:14 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not hyped for this multiplayer at all. Never liked the Supercross mode, and it took way too long for a rehashed Supercross mode with four extra lanes to come out. Now, if there will be a Easy Trials and Hardcore Trials mode, then sure I'll actually turn on my Xbox One to play that.

i didn't like super cross neither but it really seems to be different, you're basically playing it like a single player track, you just see the other in the background. when i saw the first pics of the mode i thought the same, but i'm pretty sure now it'll be good.

eorracle_07
01-18-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't know why they even changed the multiplayer anyway. It was fine the way it was. I have countless hours playing against my friends in custom matches or extreme trials. Supercross sucks

Sandholm
01-18-2015, 08:31 PM
I don't know why they even changed the multiplayer anyway. It was fine the way it was. I have countless hours playing against my friends in custom matches or extreme trials. Supercross sucks

^

and a lot of fun competing on single-player/story mode tracks against each other instead of only tracks that you can play in multiplayer

puddinsworld
01-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Multiplayer was just not fine the way the way it was. It was built based on the limitations of outdated hardware, and needed an overhaul. It now has that overhaul, and to say it is supercross is just wrong. 10 tracks is not enough, true, but if RL can add tracks from the builders (say like uplay recommends) to the rotation over the next few months the number of tracks would be far more acceptable / diverse very quickly. The party options are ridiculously good, which already include playing user created tracks, so far most of us here who have a solid trials friends list we should be able to organise a decent party most of the time (there should be an option to join a private match with open slots if they want extras, but that's another thread...)
The beta was good, but severely limited by the numbers playing - the 8 person matches I found were all great (except for my dinosaur PC's lack of ability to run fast....) so hopefully when it lands on consoles we can make it a great place to race

eorracle_07
01-19-2015, 03:56 AM
This sounds exactly like something someone from the developers posted months back trying to sell us on the myth that the previous rendition of the multiplayer platform didn't work. The truth of the matter myself, everyone that I played trials evolution with loved the multiplayer. It worked, it worked well. Now to put us all on a supercross type map, to me, will not be as fun. Now i haven't played the multiplayer beta that was released a few weeks/months ago. Supercross in evolution/fusion is far and away the worst aspect of the two games. So to force players into that type of multiplayer in my option will ruin a franchise that has dropped the ball at every step since the release of fusion.

Smilies2019
01-19-2015, 08:19 AM
The beta was good, but severely limited by the numbers playing - the 8 person matches I found were all great e

i disagree, and this is why.
searching for players: found nobody (even with more then 2000 given away free keys for beta.)
only able to play 8 lanes supercross (im not a fan of supercross)
No Lobby (to see howmany are searching or racing)

And for the newest info: it has been 2 weeks now, and no update has been given.
To me it looks like: give them a candy...so they wil be silent for a while.

TeriXeri
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
i disagree, and this is why.
searching for players: found nobody (even with more then 2000 given away free keys for beta.)
only able to play 8 lanes supercross (im not a fan of supercross)
No Lobby (to see howmany are searching or racing)

I did matchmaking for about a week or 2 on and off, and found a few races with 2-8 players.

Played each track like 20 times, some more then others (including testing custom lobby settings/different bikes).

But by far I spent most time on the Beta in the Editor for finding bugs/building competition.

I can understand the later people got into beta the fewer people are actively playing matchmaking, altho the Stats show some people played like hundreds of races, if the MP leaderboard numbers are right.

Also this mode isn't supercross, my competition track might have 8 lanes but it's pretty much a technical hard track(some might say Extreme).

You can make far more tracks this way without worrying about the other players being visible 100% of the time.

Traditional supercross a few faults would destroy your score instantly, this supercross, seperate scores for time/faults and it's relative to the number of players, not the number of faults.

It's no traditional single-lane either however, and I hope eventually single lane Trials will come back as well at some point.

But I must say X-supercross should have more potential then the traditional supercross (as long as builders build for it).

No idea when it goes live, hopefully soon (this month) along with DLC 4 shortly after as said :)

En0-
01-19-2015, 02:57 PM
And for the newest info: it has been 2 weeks now, and no update has been given.
To me it looks like: give them a candy...so they wil be silent for a while.
Hello Smilies,

What's the problem with giving transparency? I don't understand the complaint here.

Cheers,

Edit: Rereading my post it looks like a really aggressive question. It was not meant to be that way. It was just a question to try to understand what should have been differently. So, sorry Smilies :)

Smilies2019
01-19-2015, 10:30 PM
wasnt ment to sound offended lol, all im saying is that its taking way to long.
You must know that WHEN we get news...we are on our waiting seat:P

En0-
01-20-2015, 07:37 AM
You're on the waiting seat also when you don't get news :)

There is nothing new since Shifty posted, we're still in the last phase where we're discussing with MS/Sony about the update. :)

Sandholm
01-20-2015, 08:14 AM
hope that when MP get launched it will have seasons like in frontier, would be more fun and competitive than the old mp in evolution, atleast rankwise, playingwise it still need the single lane story mode tracks to be as good as in evo :P

En0-
01-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Hello,

When it launches, it's what was in the beta. We'll keep adding feature in next updates though.

Cheers.

funktastic-
01-20-2015, 04:27 PM
makes sense to leave tc to fall apart and put all hands on mp not. where mp needs to be launched i agree tc also needs keeping an eye on and updating where it needs it too. This problem is a persistant annoyance and is doing my nut in.

RetiredRonin
01-20-2015, 07:00 PM
makes sense to leave tc to fall apart and put all hands on mp not. where mp needs to be launched i agree tc also needs keeping an eye on and updating where it needs it too. This problem is a persistant annoyance and is doing my nut in.

4 pages of patch notes will be coming with the next update.... They aren't all MP. Other aspects of the game are not being ignored. Can we at least wait for the update to be released before criticizing what it does/doesn't address?

Jongie
01-20-2015, 07:22 PM
4 pages of patch notes will be coming with the next update.... They aren't all MP. Other aspects of the game are not being ignored. Can we at least wait for the update to be released before criticizing what it does/doesn't address?

Wow! That's a lot. Bring it on! :)

VEGASTRASH
01-21-2015, 03:27 AM
That's good the game is continuing to improve. Isn't it very late in the life of the game to put in all that time though? I won't assume what percent play Trials regularly, but I would guess it has to be 1 percent. Wouldn't the time be better spent developing a STRONG Fusion 2 game with a next gen graphics engine, fixed tire glitches, and better progressive system....similar to Frontier?
We'll see how many in the community play MP when it's released.
I myself rarely play Fusion now and am a huge fan of the series. It seems like Fusion has had a shorter shelf life than Evo....granted , it's split among many platforms. I would trade all the new editions to the series for a better graphics engine and straight Trials and MP model that does something interesting. Adding a progressive system that keeps the new fan playing for longer and growing the community for the game.
This post is mainly for fans. Just a few thoughts to entertain for a minute.

funktastic-
01-21-2015, 04:25 AM

Maybe the fact that the update info is posted in the "mp online update " might give suggestion that the update is for such a thing , who knows just chucking it out there lol. So i wasnt criticizing anything i was going by topic of the thread.

I my self havent read anywhere else that there is an update for fusion soon within the forums so just posting it within online mp suggests one thing to me , that its for mp online. Why would i think its was for anything else ?:p

good news tho , has it got anything about 1 checkpoint tracks in tc hahaha:)

also the opening post says that the update is for online mp...am i missing something lol

RetiredRonin
01-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Maybe the fact that the update info is posted in the "mp online update " might give suggestion that the update is for such a thing , who knows just chucking it out there lol. So i wasnt criticizing anything i was going by topic of the thread.

I my self havent read anywhere else that there is an update for fusion soon within the forums so just posting it within online mp suggests one thing to me , that its for mp online. Why would i think its was for anything else ?:p

good news tho , has it got anything about 1 checkpoint tracks in tc hahaha:)

also the opening post says that the update is for online mp...am i missing something lol

Sir, just because we posted information on MP in the MP section does not mean that other areas of the game are not still being updated. It means that we wanted to give a quick update on the state of MP and it made the most sense to do so in the MP forum.

When we post the new patch notes they will be either in the News or the General Discussion forums.

That's good the game is continuing to improve. Isn't it very late in the life of the game to put in all that time though?

No, we're only halfway through the content included in the Season Pass, why would we stop improving the game?

funktastic-
01-21-2015, 03:28 PM
If you want to start being partronising by calling me sir then thats just childish , i very rarely moan about any updates nor about any things that i would like to have fix , apart from the odd comment in the correct place. So why get shirty with me ? whats with the attitude. I had just completed a track which then wanted to upload but couldnt because of the silly sound bugs and so forth , sorry but i dont think being somewhat frustrated at this is to much to understand.

Calm down as i explained i havent seen any info informing me of updates , the sound bug and the crashing has now been going on for a considerable amount of time. This also with the added refferences towards having all availble resources been pushed towards getting mp out in other posts regarding problems with tc will know doubt excuse me in thinking as i said in my original post. Just because you have knowledge of things to come doesnt mean i do so therefore was left under the asumption that things were being left to carry on even getting worse. If other areas of the game are being delt with then some information regarding this would be nice instead of reading everywhere all hands are on deck for mp and not a single word about anything else.

We post suggestions within the correct places and obviously you cant reply back but we are not left with any outcome or solution as to maybe when. I am playing this game and building tracks which i am sure you can understand my frustration with the amount of things that come across when doing so , so excuse me for being a bit frustrated about the time its taking to repair things.

No need to get funny with me one little bit

edit - Just caught me at a bad time or i caught the post at a bad time , Just forget about it bud:)

booped
01-21-2015, 04:36 PM
@funk starting to sound like a veteran trials fan ;)

Jeruhnq
01-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Multiplayers out tomorrow! ;)

Source: Playstation news on PS4

RetiredRonin
01-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Yes, the next Trials Fusion update releases Thursday and includes Online MP. We'll have more info about the update, and other activities, tomorrow after the Official announcement goes live.

Ozy Be
01-21-2015, 06:40 PM
:)sweeheheet:)

funktastic-
01-21-2015, 06:44 PM
ok shifty, no harm taken , i did actually edit my post and said just forget about it. I wasnt reffereing to previous updates as i know where to look for them already.

I find calling people sir in civy street is patronizing in some circumstances but i do understand what you mean by all means call me sir if its the nature within which you speak. I thought you was being funny with me and being clever if you understand what i mean. Dont forget im english and not american so suppose different cultures and ways of speaking can get crossed. I actually find it admirable that you still use the respect such as this if this was the nature of it. People just dont call people sir in my neck of the woods , before you finished off with the r in sir they would have had off with your shoes coat and anything thats not glued to you lol.

Misses was also kicking off with me so like i said caught the post at the wrong time and again by all means dont stop speaking the way you do because of a silly old fart like my self. Im old im allowed to moan lol. :)

Morfyboy
01-21-2015, 06:53 PM
The day of reckoning is upon us.. Grab your SuperCross riding gear, jump on your machine, and I will meet ya'll in the soup.. :D

funktastic-
01-21-2015, 07:00 PM
I hope its good stuff , i wont place anywhere hardly but i will have a go , bring it on

iStriide
01-21-2015, 07:30 PM
If the multiplayer had competitive rankings, then I would love to play it.

JoeRegular
01-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Hey...at least it wasn't Pewdiepie this time.

Borads
01-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Finally!! :D

KaliniuS
01-21-2015, 11:39 PM
I appreciate all the info, Shifty and I'm glad this much-requested feature is finally coming to Fusion but I'm going to be a negative Nancy here and say that I think it's too late. The vast majority of people who bought the game and had so much passion for it simply moved on. Track Central barely gets any traffic anymore (at least on the Xbox One) and the time that this feature would've had the biggest impact has long since passed.

Maybe this will be a lesson to the corporate heads at Ubisoft to not rush a game to release. If RedLynx had been given the opportunity to fine-tune everything and complete features prior to launch, the game wouldn't be in the state that it is now. Online multiplayer is great, but this game needed it half a year ago.

VEGASTRASH
01-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Multiplayers out tomorrow! ;)

Source: Playstation news on PS4

Months of people wondering about a MP release....news source...ps4 news.
Haha.
The Trials forum...the last place you look for news on the game. Utterly useless.

YeahimAwesome
01-22-2015, 02:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

First source - Playstation Network.
Second source - Jeruhnq
Last but not least - ...UbiLynx

Although, I can't wait to see what took 9 months of grueling hard work to create.
I'm sure it will be a super smooth, glitch-free, polished multiplayer experience!

Monstified
01-22-2015, 03:57 AM
Months of people wondering about a MP release....news source...ps4 news.
Haha.
The Trials forum...the last place you look for news on the game. Utterly useless.

I wouldn't consider this true. Every time they update the game, patch notes are on the forums first. Chances are Redlynx released the info to big companies and the companies just made articles for it. That's not something they necessarily have control over. The news still got to the forum the same day so I don't see much of a difference between Redlynx releasing the info and a PSN news sight releasing it. I consider the forums very helpful. Weather you're getting the info from a forum member or from Redlynx, i see no difference.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 05:23 AM
I appreciate all the info, Shifty and I'm glad this much-requested feature is finally coming to Fusion but I'm going to be a negative Nancy here and say that I think it's too late. The vast majority of people who bought the game and had so much passion for it simply moved on. Track Central barely gets any traffic anymore (at least on the Xbox One) and the time that this feature would've had the biggest impact has long since passed.

Maybe this will be a lesson to the corporate heads at Ubisoft to not rush a game to release. If RedLynx had been given the opportunity to fine-tune everything and complete features prior to launch, the game wouldn't be in the state that it is now. Online multiplayer is great, but this game needed it half a year ago.

While I completely agree that I think Multiplayer took longer than it should to be released, I do take some of your post with a little grain of salt.

I highly doubt the "majority" of the players have simply moved on, and even if it is the majority, I don't think a large percent of them moved on with the intent to never come back once multiplayer releases, especially those who are passionate about the game.

All just speculation though, we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out

VEGASTRASH
01-22-2015, 05:39 AM
While I completely agree that I think Multiplayer took longer than it should to be released, I do take some of your post with a little grain of salt.

I highly doubt the "majority" of the players have simply moved on, and even if it is the majority, I don't think a large percent of them moved on with the intent to never come back once multiplayer releases, especially those who are passionate about the game.

All just speculation though, we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out
Would you say 98% is not a majority? Or did you mean the hardcore players only? This would have 12k people playing Fusion regularly on the ps4...it's possible, but with minimal TC downloads...I think you'd be reaching for that number.
If 30k people play multiplayer, that would show 5% of ps4 players tried the multiplayer. We'll see how much retention there will be shortly. All you need are 8 decent players for a full room though.
I don't see the MP release impacting the number of consistent players very much.
I hope MP is great, but I don't see any innovative game modes or much more than the 4 lane expansion and camera on the first lane, no single lane MP. We'll see how fun it is...that's the ultimate test.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 06:13 AM
Yeah your right I guess, I didn't realize it was that huge of a percentage. 12k people though. even if it is just a little spec of a number compared to how many people downloaded the game. is still a pretty big number and shouldn't be hard at all to find a full room consistently without it being the same people every single time.

and it most certainly won't ever compare in numbers compared to huge games like WOW or LOL, but I think compared to other games that have some sort of online multiplayer it won't be very far (if at all) behind any of them.

That aside, the release can't come soon enough, especially now that it is practically within grasp now

Smilies2019
01-22-2015, 07:04 AM
bringing multiplayer to fusion wont bring back the joy from previous trials.
Fusion multiplayer wil be the same as what u saw in beta.
after hearing that, i was again disapointed.
9 months waiting and we get.........

Papasmur
01-22-2015, 10:30 AM
On the birght side, at least Ubisoft servers are fine, oh wait...

JolanXBL
01-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Why are there only 4 lanes on 360? What happened to all the others?

Jongie
01-22-2015, 11:05 AM

Shifty postet about that anywhere.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 12:03 PM

What are you talking about? I've never seen any post saying anything remotely close to being that

JoeRegular
01-22-2015, 12:07 PM
It was one of those rare events, a piece of information getting out into the wild here. Shifty or En0 posted that 360 would only have 4 lanes a while back.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 12:25 PM
It was one of those rare events, a piece of information getting out into the wild here. Shifty or En0 posted that 360 would only have 4 lanes a while back.

I ended up finding the post (or at least one that says it)

so this basically means that people who own only the 360 version have no benefit from moving from Evo MP to Fusion MP.

TheRealTeeHill
01-22-2015, 12:39 PM
I wish 360 owners would understand that they are running old tech and that they won't be supported forever. I feel that the 360 has held back features that Fusion could have. For example, certain tracks won't get Uplay'ed because no amount of optimising will get them to run on the 360 smoothly. Automated cross platforming is out of the question whilst the 360 is still on the cards!

It's like people moaning that iOS 8 won't run on their iPhone 1... :confused:

funktastic-
01-22-2015, 01:15 PM
i Agree hill but i also blame the company for not putting the whole next generation of gaming in one package. They should have just built fusion for the consoles that can handle it because it is keeping it held behind and in some parts progressing to its full capability. Most games now lead the market by creating 2 different games one for each level of tech. I dont know why they would say " here lets move up a level and branch out to the next gen consoles " but hold on we cant maximize on the potential because of old stock ".

This game is great yet it could be triple the times better if it focused on what todays market actuall is and thats the next level in gaming. 360 , ps3 and older pcs are yesturdays news and will soon be all in second hand shops going rusty muahaha , thats them in riders of rustland dlc editor lmao. Mind maybe not ps3 because it always doubles up as a blue ray player in which i have in my bedroom. For me and the misses private times...:p

IImayneII
01-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I wish 360 owners would understand that they are running old tech and that they won't be supported forever. I feel that the 360 has held back features that Fusion could have. For example, certain tracks won't get Uplay'ed because no amount of optimising will get them to run on the 360 smoothly. Automated cross platforming is out of the question whilst the 360 is still on the cards!

It's like people moaning that iOS 8 won't run on their iPhone 1... :confused:

In my opinion it is ridiculous they even released Fusion for the 360 and at the same time want to have everybody on the same level. Now with multiplayer, 360 is held back compared to other platforms for the first time. Besides that it was practically on the same level as the other platforms and I don't think anyone can deny that they most likeyly have to spend alot more resources to get the same fetaures to the 360. So it's more than just not being able to port some tracks because they don't work on the 360, it's holding back way more than that, but what do you expect if you have to downsample a game for 10 year old hardware while trying to maintain the same game.

As an example: look at Respawn who made Titanfall. They outsourced the 360 version to a whole other company because of it. They didn't try to cater to old gen in the same way RL does. Every update for the 360 was months after the updates for the other platforms because it was not reasonable to let everybody wait for the 360 to catch up.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I completely agree with you about stuff being limited due to the 360 being in the line-up, and I would of had no problems with it only having 4 player MP , but they didn't even mention it in the update post, or even in the article that was linked. All it basically said was 8 player supercross with your rider always being on the front line.. there wasn't even a little "*" with a note at the bottom saying that 360 won't get it. Or at least I didn't read it anywhere.

point is. had nobody even asked, then everybody playing 360 would have been given false information.

I'll still play it regardless, but there is probably gonna be a LOT of 360 users not very happy with not getting any sort of disclaimer when the 8 player supercross MP was initially announced.

IImayneII
01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I completely agree with you about stuff being limited due to the 360 being in the line-up, and I would of had no problems with it only having 4 player MP , but they didn't even mention it in the update post, or even in the article that was linked. All it basically said was 8 player supercross with your rider always being on the front line.. there wasn't even a little "*" with a note at the bottom saying that 360 won't get it. Or at least I didn't read it anywhere.

point is. had nobody even asked, then everybody playing 360 would have been given false information.

I'll still play it regardless, but there is probably gonna be a LOT of 360 users not very happy with not getting any sort of disclaimer when the 8 player supercross MP was initially announced.

I think the main reason they didn't do that was because they tought they would be able to build 8 lanes mp for the 360 but ultimatly descided it was not possible or not worth the rescourses.

JolanXBL
01-22-2015, 01:58 PM
So I just spent some hours playing in a party and online, 4 isn't bad. I hit a couple of matches where it lagged a bit on just 4 people, no biggie tho. Beating players on Vipers with the Panda is fun :). LOVE that pedestal at the end! Givin' the rider model some love finally :).

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Just played a good few matches myself, only real lag I experienced was when people who were beating me finished a track and the thing saying they finished pops up on the screen.

one question I do have though, is what goes all into the leaderboard scoring for multiplayer? im in like 18th place right now with 6/18 win/matches and a score of 70,000 roughly

but the # 1 person has over 600,000 points but only a 2/20 win/match

KaliniuS
01-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Just played a good few matches myself, only real lag I experienced was when people who were beating me finished a track and the thing saying they finished pops up on the screen.

one question I do have though, is what goes all into the leaderboard scoring for multiplayer? im in like 18th place right now with 6/18 win/matches and a score of 70,000 roughly

but the # 1 person has over 600,000 points but only a 2/20 win/match

Glitched leaderboards in Fusion?! Say it isn't so!

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Glitched leaderboards in Fusion?! Say it isn't so!

I kind of figured that's what it was, but I'm still curious as to what goes into the scoring for the LB's..is it just the win/matches like shown? or does faulting also take affect for your leaderboard score as well?

irpx
01-22-2015, 04:55 PM
I kind of figured that's what it was, but I'm still curious as to what goes into the scoring for the LB's..is it just the win/matches like shown? or does faulting also take affect for your leaderboard score as well?

Apparently the actual XP is calculated also from the online Tournaments and not only from the Public Multiplayer. There's probably going to be some announcement later with more information about this.

Apollo_ll_Tex
01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Ok, so to race mp with 8 lanes, I need to buy an XB1, buy Fusion again, then buy optional DLC's again, and go race?

:^/

Patabarnack
01-24-2015, 06:12 PM
its the last hope to get back to Fusion.
Hit or miss...

my finger is cross.

Well, first impression... Yeah !! good track, good "difficulty" for the competition, love the "stage" a the end.
everything is good... well done, good work !
it's given me hope :D

one down side, as everyone already said, 10 track is not enough... if You want Us to play in the long run... that's is what it is.

will the MP get me back to Fusion ?
maybe, almost...probably whit 5 other track. (put those customs competition track up there, the faster you can !

and surely whit public MP, whit different "difficulty" lobby !!
or the ability to create a open public session... that wouild be "the thing" !
(host public, not private...it's hard to find friend exactly when i want to play)