PDA

View Full Version : No one wanted AC Victory

Jaehaerys22
01-06-2015, 02:41 AM
I was blown away by the first 3 games (through Brotherhood) and entranced at what promised to be a rich story that explored exciting eras. The last (except for Black Flag) have been terrible and Unity and now with the announcement of Victory has lost me.

Ubisoft has clearly not listened. Many of us are not interested in moving forward in history. Or more of Western Europe. Ancient Egypt? Feudal Japan? Come on!

Not to mention the massive leap back in story and poor game mechanics in Unity. The story itself was so so bad and clearly a corporate game with too many cooks in the kitchen.

The Juno/First Race stuff totally gone and a flat emotionless character.

BUT...I would tolerate much of this for a non-traditional place, somewhere in Asia or the middle east and some other era other than pseudo-modern times.

AC Victory will likely be the first AC I don't preorder.

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 02:44 AM
Kind of bold to take the mantle of speaking for the entire fan base, don't you think? I'd like to see a signed paper from every fan base member saying that you speak for them, please. Agreeing with everything on this list.

Just so you know, i'm not looking forward to victory either. I hate the fact that we're moving forward in time too.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 02:49 AM
Dat shiver you get when someone say 2 and Brotherhood had a better story than Unity. Or a rich story, in general.

Anyway, I asked for Victory. I wanted my Victorian London for the longest time now. :p

Jaehaerys22
01-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Kind of bold to take the mantle of speaking for the entire fan base, don't you think? I'd like to see a signed paper from every fan base member saying that you speak for them, please. Agreeing with everything on this list.

Just so you know, i'm not looking forward to victory either. I hate the fact that we're moving forward in time too.

Fair. I amended to "many"

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Dat shiver you get when someone say 2 and Brotherhood had a better story than Unity. Or a rich story, in general.

I know, right? My tummy felt funny just reading it.

Fair. I amended to "many"
Proof, please. It's still a claim, my man.

RA503
01-06-2015, 03:25 AM
Victorian london is just awesome,is a period of transformation without a major war or revolution,just like the better games of the series (AC 2 and black flag).

want japan ? buy samuray warriors,and london have various connections with egypt for those who understand.

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 03:29 AM
the better games of the series AC 2
Ehhhhhhhh

want japan ? buy samuray warriors
Want Victorian London? Buy Sherlock Holmes.

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Despite I liked Unity I agree fatigue is really taking over the fanbase, mostly considering Unitys state which makes me wish they had taken 2015 off.

PD I really dont see the fuss about Feudal Japan as an AC setting that makes almost everybody go crazy. Gameplay wise Assassins are the romanticized version of what a ninja is; Agile, stealthy and deadly. Whereas the architecture is rather dull to be honest.

bitebug2003
01-06-2015, 03:44 AM
I hope after AC: Victory we do go back in time again - Egypt, Greece, Japan

2015 will be the year of 'The Victorian Era' (well not quite), but The Order:1886, Bloodborne (I think) and AC:Victory share The Victorian Era

RA503
01-06-2015, 03:45 AM
London is perfect is the second place in earth with more conspiracies as long paris and renaissance.

I already buyed not sherlock holmes but my from hell novel,and I want AC game in victory london

and I know that I talked **** whem used the samuray warrior example,I will used a better argument against japan:

the houses will fall apart if you do parkour above him if the setting is too ancient.

***Profanity removed. There is auto-censor in place to stop profanity from being posted - bypassing it by masking the word(s) defeats its purpose

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 03:51 AM
2015 will be the year of 'The Victorian Era' (well not quite), but The Order:1886, Bloodborne (I think) and AC:Victory share The Victorian Era

Glad I'm not the only one who caught this. Lmao

RA503
01-06-2015, 03:52 AM
London is perfect is the second place in earth with more conspiracies as long paris and renaissance.

I already buyed not sherlock holmes but my from hell novel,and I want AC game in victory london

and I know that I talked **** whem used the samuray warrior example,I will used a better argument against japan:

the houses will fall apart if you do parkour above it if the setting is too ancient.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/548/211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

***Profanity removed. There is auto-censor in place to stop profanity from being posted - bypassing it by masking the word(s) defeats its purpose

phoenix-force411
01-06-2015, 04:01 AM
It's not like Ubisoft wanted you to know about Victory until March or May. And I lol'd at the part when you said Ubi was not listening to "us." Clearly, you didn't know that some of the fans wanted Victorian London right after ACII.

JustPlainQuirky
01-06-2015, 04:05 AM
3 victorian london games this year?

i forgot bloodborne was victorian

lmfao

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 04:20 AM
Yay...

Another entitled fanboy who's unhappy and wants fedual japan.

So original.

And it was nice of you to put "No one". Glad to know you represent everyone's opinion. :rolleyes:

----------------------
But despite how some feel, I'm among the few that are looking forward to it. ^__^

Assassin_M
01-06-2015, 04:22 AM
I want AC game in victory london
He wants an AC game in Japan.

You should see where this is going by now. Or should have seen it 2 posts ago.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-06-2015, 04:53 AM
Love Unity and am looking forward to Victory.

JustPlainQuirky
01-06-2015, 04:56 AM
I'm looking forward to Victorian London.

And the gameplay of Unity.

Just hope lackluster narrative, unoriginal protagonist, excessive collectibles, transmedia, and microtransactions stay out of it.

GoldenBoy9999
01-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Actually, Victorian London was a highly requested setting. I wanted it.

Victorian London is my favorite AC setting so far. I don't mind the modern games, I actually like them. And as you can tell by my profile, I'm looking forward to Victory.

VoldR
01-06-2015, 05:20 AM
What, no Malaysia?
:)

Ureh
01-06-2015, 05:26 AM
The final scene in ACV:
http://youtu.be/wWUi7q4dQA8?t=13m13s

D.I.D.
01-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Victorian (or Elizabethan) England is the setting I've wanted most. Did you not see the explosion of interest around that leak? Sure, a few people asked, "Why not Japan?", and they always do, but this is a very popular choice. Right now, it might end up being a lucky coincidence on Ubi's part that they had this one next in line following Unity.

marvelfannumber
01-06-2015, 06:47 AM
So what the OP is basically saying is that he would be fine with the ****tiest game in the world as long as it takes place in a 'non traditional' setting.

*slow clap*

The_Kiwi_
01-06-2015, 06:58 AM
I was blown away by the first 3 games (through Brotherhood) and entranced at what promised to be a rich story that explored exciting eras. The last (except for Black Flag) have been terrible and Unity and now with the announcement of Victory has lost me.

Ubisoft has clearly not listened. Many of us are not interested in moving forward in history. Or more of Western Europe. Ancient Egypt? Feudal Japan? Come on!

Not to mention the massive leap back in story and poor game mechanics in Unity. The story itself was so so bad and clearly a corporate game with too many cooks in the kitchen.

BUT...I would tolerate much of this for a non-traditional place, somewhere in Asia or the middle east and some other era other than pseudo-modern times.

If you think about it, we've technically seen Asia in ACR :rolleyes:
And AC1 was the Middle East

I hope after AC: Victory we do go back in time again - Egypt, Greece, Japan

Bloodborne is Gothic, but not quite Victorian
Plus, I don't remember all those monsters in any Sherlock Holmes story :rolleyes:

Perk89
01-06-2015, 07:24 AM
AC Victory was made because the fanbase requested it. The fans were asked, and they didn't want "zomg feudal japan!!!" Which frankly seems like a terrible locale

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 07:34 AM
I don't see the awe with Japan...

Most redundant & cliche setting to go to. -__-

GoldenBoy9999
01-06-2015, 07:37 AM
How do you feel about the Boshin War, Nami? Would you give it any more consideration over a Feudal Japan game?

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 07:55 AM
How do you feel about the Boshin War, Nami? Would you give it any more consideration over a Feudal Japan game?

*Googles*

Meh, not really.

Just don't see what's all that in Japan...ancient or modern.

---------------

Though art and such be amazing. :cool:

The_Kiwi_
01-06-2015, 08:15 AM
*Googles*

Meh, not really.

---------------

An AC graphic novel in Japan would be the best solution :cool:

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 08:19 AM

Something like Brahman would be nice. :cool:

melbye82
01-06-2015, 08:28 AM
I can't think of a more dull setting than Feudal Japan. There are no buildings to climb, while in Victory you can climb frikkin Big Ben

GoldenBoy9999
01-06-2015, 08:29 AM
*Googles*

Meh, not really.

---------------

I like it because of the transition from swords to more modern weaponry like guns and cannons. I don't really care about the architecture or cities. And seeing Samuari character designs would be pretty cool. That's what I have Shogun 2:Fall of the Samurai for I guess. It has pretty much everything I listed in this post. :rolleyes:

Something like Brahman would be nice. :cool:

Both of these are awesome. I wish they would make some more of them. I'm running out. :p

VoldR
01-06-2015, 10:30 AM
I can't think of a more dull setting than Feudal Japan. There are no buildings to climb, while in Victory you can climb frikkin Big Ben
Yet we keep seeing ninjas jumping building to building or trees or people :D

since AC is doing real scale now, low buildings look big and I believe there's big structures somewhere... Or cliffs

ze_topazio
01-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Victorian london is just awesome,is a period of transformation without a major war or revolution,just like the better games of the series (AC 2 and black flag).

want japan ? buy samuray warriors,and london have various connections with egypt for those who understand.

Yes, an hack and slash game can totally fulfill your desires for an open world game in feudal Japan.

RinoTheBouncer
01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Im actually glad that its finally happen so it can get out of the way. Since ACI and people are like I WANT VICTORIAN ENGLAND, AND FRENCH REVOLUTION! and I dont really see anything special there. So Im glad were finally moving on from these so that hopefully the next game will be in Egypt or have a Babylonian or Sumerian setting or even my dream Modern Day or First Civ. settings.

Bleem7
01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Unless Ubisoft decides to do WWI / II.

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Eh, I agree that we're going kinda quick and that may be out of most people's interest, but this is going to be refreshing I think. It's hopefully gonna be a 1 time wild experiment, kinda like AC4 in a way. I think it's going to feel as good as it did for me when we went from the 1500s to the 1700s (I don't hate the 1500s or anything, it was just a really refreshing time period to me, until they released 5 games in that time period). I hope they go to the 1300s or some time like that right after Victory

dargor5
01-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Im just glad another AC is coming cause is my favorite franchise, I loved unity (but then again I bought it after patch 3) and hope ubi keeps on bringing more AC games, my best guess is after Victory will get something on WWII as Hitler's dead was some sort of mistery why not die on the assassins hands?.

Lesson here folks is to not pre order. That way you wont get angered by all the day one bugs because on every mayor game that is as big as AC this things are bound to happen no matter how much polish they do before releasing it. I learned that with Battlefield 4

m4r-k7
01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
OP, what do you mean no one wanted AC Victory?

If you look at several polls and surveys all over the internet, and discussions in general, Victorian London has been a massive talking point in terms of a location for an AC game, more so than the French Revolution was. Victorian London was definitely coming and I am happy it is. After AC Victory, I would like them to go backwards in time though.

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Im just glad another AC is coming cause is my favorite franchise, I loved unity (but then again I bought it after patch 3) and hope ubi keeps on bringing more AC games, my best guess is after Victory will get something on WWII as Hitler's dead was some sort of mistery why not die on the assassins hands?.

Lesson here folks is to not pre order. That way you wont get angered by all the day one bugs because on every mayor game that is as big as AC this things are bound to happen no matter how much polish they do before releasing it. I learned that with Battlefield 4

AC Victory takes place in Victorian London, so no Hitler. Honestly, a whole game out of WWII would be way too modern for Assassin's Creed. Also, in the AC Universe, Hitler was killed by an assassin, so you got that right

wickywoowoo
01-06-2015, 05:37 PM
I like how some people not like Unity means those who do love AC and want more have to do without apparently because it is the right thing to do.

I started Unity last night and got a good three hours in. No gameplay problems, no glitches and no problem with anything. Plays great and no issue with other stuff people moan about on here but I know I waited long enough to get the game fixed so I am not excusing launch issues. I see no real dip in quality on AC games even with yearly releases so they can keep going forever in my opinion. I won't claim that should be the way Ubisoft should run as a company though like some people try to.

Never played an AC game I did not thoroughly enjoy and I've played every one released.

SixKeys
01-06-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm not excited about the story of Victory at all. But the Victorian era has always been a passion of mine so I'm looking forward to the setting if nothing else.

HDinHB
01-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm looking forward to Victorian London.

And the gameplay of Unity.

Just hope lackluster narrative, unoriginal protagonist, excessive collectibles, transmedia, and microtransactions stay out of it.

I could put up with the last three if I don't have to put up with the first two.

It will be a relief to leave the 18th Century even if it's only to move forward a few decades. And London is a great city

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 07:43 PM
I could put up with the last three if I don't have to put up with the first two.

It will be a relief to leave the 18th Century even if it's only to move forward a few decades. And London is a great city

I can put up with excessive collectibles and microtransactions as long as the other 3 are removed. I agree that it'll be a refreshing game

Pandassin
01-06-2015, 09:04 PM
I've actually been really hoping for Victorian London, and now that Victory has been leaked I am so excited for this. Plus Victorian London has been one of the most popular suggestions for an AC game, so you can't speak for everyone and say no one wanted it when it's been a want from the fans for a long time now.

KoloheB
01-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Well, I voted for London in the last poll that came out, and it always comes out at #1 or close, also with Ancient Egypt. So I look at it as Ubisoft actually paying attention to what the fans want. That said, it would be nice to go back in time for the next trilogy. Side note - seems to be like they're (maybe unintentionally) doing trilogies based on each game engine - AC2/BH/R, AC3/4/Rogue, AC Unity/Victory/???.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Well, I voted for London in the last poll that came out, and it always comes out at #1 or close, also with Ancient Egypt. So I look at it as Ubisoft actually paying attention to what the fans want. That said, it would be nice to go back in time for the next trilogy. Side note - seems to be like they're (maybe unintentionally) doing trilogies based on each game engine - AC2/BH/R, AC3/4/Rogue, AC Unity/Victory/???.

That's intentional, yes.

2, B, R = Ezio Trilogy

3, 4, RO = Kenway Saga

U, V, (C for Century? :rolleyes:) = CURRENT SAGA

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 12:03 AM
"Kenway Saga"

Shay Patrick Kenway

Ureh
01-07-2015, 12:06 AM
The letter after V is W. So... Wonder, Winner, Winter.... etc. :p

The_Kiwi_
01-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Assuming that the next AC is indeed called Victory :rolleyes:

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-07-2015, 12:24 AM
The letter after V is W. So... Wonder, Winner, Winter.... etc. :p

War

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Assassin's Creed: Reign

^ Sounds so much better in my opinion.

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 12:26 AM
http://www.brainyquote.com/photos/p/publiliussyrus378287.jpg

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-07-2015, 12:27 AM
lets find a name for w

http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/words-that-start/w

ze_topazio
01-07-2015, 12:28 AM

Ancient Rome confirmed.

The_Kiwi_
01-07-2015, 12:29 AM

The giraffes have confirmed it.

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Assassin's Creed Worship

Assassin's Creed Wonders

Assassin's Creed Witness

Assassin's Creed Western

Assassin's Creed Wisdom

Assassin's Creed Whatever, Man

The_Kiwi_
01-07-2015, 12:34 AM
AC Warnings

AC Wesponsibility

Maybe even AC Westeros :cool:
#bestcrossoverever

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Assassin's Creed: Wumbo.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He she me wumbo. Wumbowing. Wumbology: the study of wumbo.

X_xWolverinEx_X
Assassins creed Watson
Assassins creed Wub Wubs

Namikaze_17
Assassin's Creed Whatever, Man

Game focuses on getting high as ****. :rolleyes:

RA503
01-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Assassins Creed : wh###s

The_Kiwi_
01-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Assassin's Creed: Wumbo.

I wumbo. You wumbo. He she me wumbo. Wumbowing. Wumbology: the study of wumbo.

That's first grade, Quirky.
It's a little too complex for Ubisoft.

D.I.D.
01-07-2015, 12:55 AM
Assassin's Creed: Reign

^ Sounds so much better in my opinion.

It does, but given that half the people still seem to think the final last gen AC was called "Rouge", I'm not sure they'd cope with spelling "Reign".

The_Kiwi_
01-07-2015, 01:05 AM
It does, but given that half the people still seem to think the final last gen AC was called "Rouge", I'm not sure they'd cope with spelling "Reign".

Preach!

JustPlainQuirky
01-07-2015, 01:09 AM
That's first grade, Quirky.
It's a little too complex for Ubisoft.

AYOOOOOOOOOO!

v

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Game focuses on getting high as ****. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BAD6MbGRk

ze_topazio
01-07-2015, 01:14 AM
Assassin's Creed Wonderland

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Assassin's Creed Wonderland

Main Objective: Kill Alice

:rolleyes:

HDinHB
01-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Assassins creed Watson
Assassins creed Wub Wubs

You didn't come up with Assassin's Creed: Wolverine? Talk about best crossover ever, he's already got built in hidden blades.

Maybe they're saving this for the movie.

HiddenKiller612
01-07-2015, 02:12 AM
Assassin's Creed: Wisdom.

ze_topazio
01-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Main Objective: Kill Alice

:rolleyes:

Optional Objective: Skin the White Rabbit.

dargor5
01-07-2015, 05:32 PM
i"d say no one wanted AC china sidescroller, that one should have been a full AC game not a mobile like platformer

dimbismp
01-07-2015, 07:05 PM
People want Japan just for the sake of it.Japan wouldn't be a good setting because it doesn't offer as many parkour options as European cities for example,plus it is so cliche for AC.(For example,pirates is a cliche theme,but not an "AC cliche theme")
Anyway,as some may have mentioned,Industrial London was the favourite choice in a huge poll made by Ubi some years back.

rob.davies2014
01-07-2015, 07:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm hoping and praying they don't completely bomb the release of it. Screen shots look pretty awesome so far, hoping that its Mid 1800's and they have Revolvers would be amazing, and that they bring back weapon sheaths. Seriously Bungie it was in AC1 how had is it to have sheaths for swords?

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Screen shots look pretty awesome so far
That's not the game, it's a pre-rendered target video AKA what they hope to achieve.

hoping that its Mid 1800's
It is

Seriously Bungie it was in AC1 how had is it to have sheaths for swords?
It's not "bad". It's for performance purposes. AC I had sheaths because there were only 4 sword shapes for everyone in the game. Look at the swords beginning AC II. They started having various shapes, various lengths..etc. They'd have to make 10s of sheaths for each sword.

MrFuddyDuddy
01-07-2015, 09:50 PM
That's not the game, it's a pre-rendered target video AKA what they hope to achieve.

It is

It's not "bad". It's for performance purposes. AC I had sheaths because there were only 4 sword shapes for everyone in the game. Look at the swords beginning AC II. They started having various shapes, various lengths..etc. They'd have to make 10s of sheaths for each sword.

On the 18th century good, I'm hoping we can assassinate Jack the Ripper, secondly how is it hard to make sheaths? Obviously its just a matter of designing one for each sword, look at Skyrim or any of the Edlerscrolls games for that matter almost every single sword and dagger in those games has a sheath. You can't tell me that just because their are like 5 different architects for swords, minus a hand full of unique ones that they have an excuse to not include them in game? For all the detail they add in AC it detracts heavily on the immersion not having such a simple, and necessary item in the game. Honestly who the fk in their right mind wants a incredibly sharp sword just dangling off their hip with nothing stopping it from slashing or stabbing into you?

MasterAssasin84
01-07-2015, 09:53 PM

Im not saying I did not want it but rather its way to soon and this annual release strategy is getting way lethargic for my liking.

I don't think Japan will go down to well to be honest because number one the architecture was far to repetitive and was not very grand and I mean that in a sense that the actual design such as the external facias and the roofs was pretty similar . Admiringly the architecture in Unity was impressive and I must say AC2 had some amazing buildings such as the Santa Maria Novella and the Duomo.

AC3 and AC4 was master pieces in their own right . I simply loved the big open frontier and the weather effects and Black Flags amazing atmospheric caribbean open world, that aside I don't think 18th century London will be particular boring setting because there is not many games ( well I don't many ) that have explored Queen Victoria and Prince Alberts Reign I just hope Ubisoft do a better job in terms of its release this time round . and I hope the corporate big wigs have given the development team a better budget of if not more time as I suspect thats why unity suffered due to the time scale they was given .

I agree with the majority that Assassins Creed Needs a break . and I think netherealm studio's is leading the example with scenario with Mortal Kombat .

But I would not say no one wanted it because me Im neutral .

Assassin_M
01-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Secondly how is it hard to make sheaths? Obviously its just a matter of designing one for each sword, look at Skyrim or any of the Edlerscrolls games for that matter almost every single sword and dagger in those games has a sheath. You can't tell me that just because their are like 5 different architects for swords, minus a hand full of unique ones that they have an excuse to not include them in game? For all the detail they add in AC it detracts heavily on the immersion not having such a simple, and necessary item in the game. Honestly who the fk in their right mind wants a incredibly sharp sword just dangling off their hip with nothing stopping it from slashing or stabbing into you?
No, it's not just a matter of designing one for each sword. It's not a static model, they have to put in mind the collision detection and animation for how the sword will interact with the sheath. Please, if you don't know, don't claim knowledge and say something is simple when it's not. And no, not every sword in Skyrim has a sheath. Heck, there are mods out there made for weapons with no sheaths.