PDA

View Full Version : CD key scammed!

weehamish
01-06-2015, 01:47 AM
Is there anyway Ubisoft can revoke a CD key?

I tried to trade my GTX 970 promo CD key and got scammed :\

I have all the emails to prove its mine and would really like them to revoke it if possible?

hatorijr
01-06-2015, 01:50 AM
I really highly doubt they will help you in any way. you should not have been trading keys to begin with, much less with people you do not know. sucks it happened, but let it be a lesson learned.

weehamish
01-06-2015, 02:12 AM
I know but they have the power to revoke this, i used the official steam trades but got unlucky, ive used it many times and be fine in the past.

strigoi1958
01-06-2015, 05:02 AM
you need to get steam to ban their account unless you have done something wrong at steam.... Ubi will not interfere on a steam trade and here it is just us gamers and we have no power... you could try a support ticket but I'm not sure they will help.... even if you had cast iron evidence to prove you were scammed. Sorry, hope you get it sorted but this is almost definitely the wrong place.

Mr_Shade
01-06-2015, 01:33 PM
you need to get steam to ban their account unless you have done something wrong at steam.... Ubi will not interfere on a steam trade and here it is just us gamers and we have no power... you could try a support ticket but I'm not sure they will help.... even if you had cast iron evidence to prove you were scammed. Sorry, hope you get it sorted but this is almost definitely the wrong place.

Indeed.

Unfortunately Ubisoft can't jump into private trading sites - you should contact the sites [Steam in this case] support team and ask what protections [if any] you have.

It's a case of traders beware I'm afraid.

Officially codes are not transferable, so you are best contacting Steam and see what they can do, if anything.