PDA

View Full Version : How historically accurate are the muskets in unity?

Hungry-Magpie
01-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Pretty much sums it up in the title, was playing with the sliver plated musket and it can fire two rounds before reloading, how is that possible? Been reading up muskets on Google and can't find a single musket that can. I know it's a game but just wondering.

Many thanks

RADAR__4077
01-05-2015, 07:14 PM
There is no way for a single barrel musket to shoot twice without reloading. You must load new powder and shot directly into the barrel after each shot. If I'm not mistaken, there have been double barrel muskets, though they are very uncommon.

Monochromeblade
01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Pretty much sums it up in the title, was playing with the sliver plated musket and it can fire two rounds before reloading, how is that possible? Been reading up muskets on Google and can't find a single musket that can. I know it's a game but just wondering.

Many thanks

There is no way for a single barrel musket to shoot twice without reloading. You must load new powder and shot directly into the barrel after each shot. If I'm not mistaken, there have been double barrel muskets, though they are very uncommon.

http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=8382731&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=&text1=Assassins,%20Sons&text2=&text3=

Asassynn
01-05-2015, 10:24 PM
General Wolfe had his soldiers load their muskets with two balls in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham for a faster fire advantage. How this was done I do not know, I just accepted the fact and did not question :D If you do research more and find out, I would like to know aswell. Why wouldn't they always do this is it was possible? It doesn't seem like such a brilliant strategy to me; rather obvious in fact.

m4r-k7
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Not only is the reloading inaccurate but it turns out enemies can always hit you even if you are running through a crowd....I guess its just an animus glitch that hasn't ever been fixed....

RADAR__4077
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
General Wolfe had his soldiers load their muskets with two balls in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham for a faster fire advantage. How this was done I do not know, I just accepted the fact and did not question :D If you do research more and find out, I would like to know aswell. Why wouldn't they always do this is it was possible? It doesn't seem like such a brilliant strategy to me; rather obvious in fact.

You still had to reload after each pull of the trigger. You would use up your shot twice as fast, and I believe it also decreased the effective range of the shot.