PDA

View Full Version : WTF! Unity goes offline and can't go on again!!!

Terrence_Lee
01-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Guys, I dun know if u have experienced this, but some of my friends and I have.

The thing is, after patch 4, sometime when I start up unity, the game will go offline by itself, and when I tried to go back on,

It said connection failed, something like 0xb0050002, that ubi services are currently unreachable.

Ok, first of all, I know for a fact, that it wasn't my internet or psn, because my pc can go online and no problem playing multiplayer on other games on ps4.

Second, it seems nothing to do with the ubi server, because I can play other games from ubi online just fine, like watch dogs. Also at the time I couldn't get it online, I saw others can play co op! So I know, it is not about ubi server because somebody can play online and somebody can't connect at the same time.

What can I say? It just feel numb to me already, about how many problem unity got. I mean, this game was a disaster at the getgo, and now every time after patches, I dun want to admit it but really it just got worse! Last time after patch 3, somebody would crash just to load up their saves, and now after patch 4, made the game can't go online!!? Are u serious now ubisoft? Not to mention those game breaking bugs in those bloody co op and heist haven't changed a bit! Haven't been fixed at all! I know because I play co op and heist everyday. What have u been doing ubsoft!? Free game and dlc are not going to cut this! I mean, a game is a program, so what is a program if it doesn't work? Just crap. It makes us so so frustrated and angry, because it was like we spend our hard earned money only to piss ourselves off! We become suckers for this!

Mr_Shade
01-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Have you been in touch with Support?

If not, please do contact them directly: www.support.ubi.com

You may also find it worth while reading the FAQ about connection issues, which is available here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/47/4043/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000eicYCAQ

It's strange that you have no issues with other titles - however Unity can use different ports from the others.

Terrence_Lee
01-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi,

Have you been in touch with Support?

If not, please do contact them directly: www.support.ubi.com

You may also find it worth while reading the FAQ about connection issues, which is available here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/47/4043/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000eicYCAQ

It's strange that you have no issues with other titles - however Unity can use different ports from the others.

With all due respect Mr Shade, but I think it's load of nonsense.

First of all, my ps4 shows my internet connection is always NAT 2, even SOMETIME in unity said I am NAT 3, my internet is always NAT 2, and with LAN not WIFI.

Second, I have NEVER change any settings regarding the modem or internet connection of the PS4. And I NEVER have online/offline difficulty in unity before the new year. It only start happening before new year eve until now still do. It is kinda on and off, this time turn on unity it is off, and then next time it is ok. It just doesn't make any sense if it is the internet setting.

Bottom line is, I never change any setting on my modem, internet and my ps4, but still unity often going offline/online on its own (I mean it would be offline and can't never get online again). So it is not my modem, ps4, and if it is also not the servers doing it, the only logical thing to think of is the game itself doing it.

Remember, I am not the only 1 having this problem, friends I know that never have this problem before are having it too right now.

Jackdaw951
01-05-2015, 06:52 PM
What Mr Shade is telling you is that there's more to a perfect setup than open NAT. You also need to forward the correct ports to the PS4's IP address. You may be right, and the problem may be something wrong with how the game interacts with your connection or PSN. But good troubleshooting involves the elimination of any other possible causes. Making sure all the correct ports are properly forwarded, or a DMZ is set up (and the PS4's IP address is static, because otherwise it can change across sessions, power failures, or resets of your router--which kills the forwarding). And different games will use anywhere from none of those ports to perhaps all of them. (Other games working doesn't dismiss the possibility of some missing ports in the setup.)

Mr_Shade
01-05-2015, 07:10 PM
With all due respect Mr Shade, but I think it's load of nonsense.

First of all, my ps4 shows my internet connection is always NAT 2, even SOMETIME in unity said I am NAT 3, my internet is always NAT 2, and with LAN not WIFI.

Second, I have NEVER change any settings regarding the modem or internet connection of the PS4. And I NEVER have online/offline difficulty in unity before the new year. It only start happening before new year eve until now still do. It is kinda on and off, this time turn on unity it is off, and then next time it is ok. It just doesn't make any sense if it is the internet setting.

Bottom line is, I never change any setting on my modem, internet and my ps4, but still unity often going offline/online on its own (I mean it would be offline and can't never get online again). So it is not my modem, ps4, and if it is also not the servers doing it, the only logical thing to think of is the game itself doing it.

Remember, I am not the only 1 having this problem, friends I know that never have this problem before are having it too right now.

And just to be clear...

The recent patches - added in extra checks on multiplayer connections - since some users have ports required for the game blocked and were causing issues for everyone - so the game now reports NAT 3 [or Strict] on certain hardware - to stop people from impacting others, this check is different from the standard console network check.

So, you should check the ports first ;)

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Same thing happened to me last night with my CO-OP buddy I figured the servers went down.

Terrence_Lee
01-06-2015, 04:56 AM
And just to be clear...

The recent patches - added in extra checks on multiplayer connections - since some users have ports required for the game blocked and were causing issues for everyone - so the game now reports NAT 3 [or Strict] on certain hardware - to stop people from impacting others, this check is different from the standard console network check.

So, you should check the ports first ;)

Now I know it is full of crap! I did what u shown me, port forwarding and NAT, still offline in game and can't go online! I have done all ur suggestions but still the same, even Mr shade himself have a post right on the top of the first page, stating now unity has connection problem within psn and without any solution. Do u think I will write about this if I didn't have some general idea of what is causing this!?

So what now hah~? Prove that I am not the only 1 have this problem, and it is impossible for so many of us having the same issue because of all our modem settings. I really don't appreciate the way they dodge the responsibilities... Ubi u roll out club competition, but the game can't go online, so it total defeat the whole purpose here.

Bottom line is, not the players', ps4, Internet nor modems' issues. Different people, from different parts of the world, have different Internet and modem settings, play the same game and having the same offline/online issue. Make an educated guess what causes this~

Terrence_Lee
01-06-2015, 05:17 AM
Bottom line is, not the players', ps4, Internet nor modems' issues. Different people, from different parts of the world, have different Internet and modem settings, play the same game and having the same offline/online issue. Make an educated guess what causes this~

So far, I confirm that players in Australia and New Zealand are definately having this issue. I got more than 5 friends within this region, including myself, having this daily

Terrence_Lee
01-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Today, can't go on again!!!

Mr_Shade
01-07-2015, 10:39 AM
So far, I confirm that players in Australia and New Zealand are definately having this issue. I got more than 5 friends within this region, including myself, having this daily

Then it's best to contact support with a full break down of your hardware [modem / router etc] and ISP and they can try and investigate.

If the issue is not affecting everyone, which it's not, it's important to try troubleshooting - as I'm sure you agree it's better to do that than wait for a 'fix' than might not come if it's a local issue.

So please do contact support directly - and also ask your friends to do so.

Ubisoft also have no control over the Playstation Network - so if PSN is having issues, which it is currently, it's possible that is impacting your Coop games - so while it's ongoing, you may still have issues - so I would suggest checking with Sony for your region if there are any outages still.

www.support.ubi.com

Terrence_Lee
01-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Then it's best to contact support with a full break down of your hardware [modem / router etc] and ISP and they can try and investigate.

If the issue is not affecting everyone, which it's not, it's important to try troubleshooting - as I'm sure you agree it's better to do that than wait for a 'fix' than might not come if it's a local issue.

So please do contact support directly - and also ask your friends to do so.

Ubisoft also have no control over the Playstation Network - so if PSN is having issues, which it is currently, it's possible that is impacting your Coop games - so while it's ongoing, you may still have issues - so I would suggest checking with Sony for your region if there are any outages still.

www.support.ubi.com

Of course not everybody having it. But does it mean it is our problem? This is how bugs and glitches are, different players, from different part of the world, some are having the same issue, some having different issues. I have a friend that has absolutely no trouble at all in unity. Does it means the game is fine? No! He is just very lucky and his copy of the game has less issues than rest of us. I will say it a thousand times because there is absolutely nothing wrong with our internet, ps4, other games, even other ubsoft title. So u tell me what would u think is happening? Do I have to break it down to u?

Change modem settings + problem still exist = not modem doing it

Other games on ps4 and psn are fine = not psn problem

Other ubisoft title works = not ubi servers problem

Others can play unity online when a lot of us cannot because of the connection = not unity servers or service problem

So after all these, make an educated guess what is causing this actually.

Also, I have deal with support for very long time, be honest, they can't help with technical issues unless it is an openly recognize problem of the game. Most of the time they just left us hanging. I have listened to u before, tweak the settings on my modem and ps4. But still the same, maybe it is time u listen to us, and find and fix the problem. Don't try to dodge the responsibites this time.

Especially the club competition is going on, if the game can't go online, that will directly affect our progression of the game!