PDA

View Full Version : Some storyline questions?

DejaVu619
01-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi guys... I had a couple of questions about the AC series storyline (Spoilers ahead):

1. Why do people say that Juno manipulated Connor and Desmond to find the Grand Temple Key? How is this causing them a deviation from what Minerva wanted from them? What did Minerva want them to find in the Grand Temple?

2. In the end of AC:Revelations, after Desmond wakes up he says that he knows what they have to do... But even before he tells them, the van reaches the Grand Temple and William pushes its doors open. How does this happen?

3. Did The First Civilization know that Desmond would be reliving the memories of his ancestor and would come across Minerva talking to Ezio? When did they record these messages for Desmond?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the interaction between Minerva and Ezio is different from that between Jupiter and Ezio, right? The latter is an interaction as a result of a Nexus while the former is a recorded hologram, right?

Captain Tomatoz
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
1. Minerva wanted them to find the eye (that could manipulate time of sorts) so she helped them into find it however Juno had tampered with it to allow her to come back
2. AC brotherhood dlc (Pythagoras one) gives the location of the grand temple. The team are just following that.
3. Yes using the eye

4. Using the eye Minerva was able to predict sort of what Ezio was going to say so it's kind of a conversation. But yes it is different.

Thats is my understanding and bits I can remember. Correct me if I'm wrong with anything.

DejaVu619
01-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks for your reply...

It's quite ironical how Minerva was using The Eye to communicate with Desmond in the future via Ezio while Juno was manipulating everything under her own nose.

1. When in the Animus, does Desmond control his ancestors or can he only see what they're doing?
2. When Ezio came across Altair's Apple of Eden in Masyaf, he left it there because he said that he had seen enough for a lifetime. Why didn't the modern day Assassins attempt to recover this Apple of Eden? Wasn't there a possibility that it would fall into the hands of Abstergo?
3. If Minerva possesses a device that lets her look into the future (the Eye), why didn't she do anything to prevent Juno's release?

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 08:46 AM
1. When in the Animus, does Desmond control his ancestors or can he only see what they're doing?
Control. he becomes the ancestor. If it was a passive experience, then the bleeding effect would not occur.

2. When Ezio came across Altair's Apple of Eden in Masyaf, he left it there because he said that he had seen enough for a lifetime. Why didn't the modern day Assassins attempt to recover this Apple of Eden? Wasn't there a possibility that it would fall into the hands of Abstergo?
Abstergo had it already and they destroyed it accidentally in the DIA satellite incident.

3. If Minerva possesses a device that lets her look into the future (the Eye), why didn't she do anything to prevent Juno's release?
You wont find a canonical answer to this but most it most likely have to do with the various timelines. The Desmond Minerva saw in the eye may have been unaffected by Juno's betrayal. They saw various versions of Desmond.
Do you know Dragonball Z? Did you see how many versions of Trunks existed in the various timelines? There's the Trunks that Cells kills, the Trunks that warns Goku and kills Frieza and then there's the Trunks of the main timeline. They're all different versions who were shaped by their timelines. Cell, who came from a different timeline, killed Trunks and stole his time machine arrived in the main timeline but the Trunks from the other timeline never saw this happen, not to mention that his intervention triggered a butterfly effect in the main timeline, which caused Androids 19 and 20 to appear instead of 17 and 18.

If you don't know DBZ, you don't see the future unravel. It's like a series of reactions.

ukbeejay
01-05-2015, 10:13 AM
]Control. he becomes the ancestor. If it was a passive experience, then the bleeding effect would not occur.

I am not sure this is the case. Whilst for the purpose of playing the game, Desmond (i.e. we the player) has control of the ancestor otherwise it would just be a movie not a first person game. However, logically Desmond is only reliving events that have already occurred and were experienced by the ancestor centuries ago. He cannot alter or change them just as we cannot change the events or ending of a movie that we watch. The Bleeding Effect is due to prolonged use of the Animus whereby the genetic memories being accessed become merged with the subject's own modern day memories.

Captain Tomatoz
01-05-2015, 10:29 AM
]Control. he becomes the ancestor. If it was a passive experience, then the bleeding effect would not occur.

I am not sure this is the case. Whilst for the purpose of playing the game, Desmond (i.e. we the player) has control of the ancestor otherwise it would just be a movie not a first person game. However, logically Desmond is only reliving events that have already occurred and were experienced by the ancestor centuries ago. He cannot alter or change them just as we cannot change the events or ending of a movie that we watch. The Bleeding Effect is due to prolonged use of the Animus whereby the genetic memories being accessed become merged with the subject's own modern day memories.

We are in control, that's the purpose of synchronisation. You control your ancestor however you have to sync up what they did otherwise you lose synchronisation and the animus has to respawn you.

VoldR
01-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I believe all she did with the eye is to find out who she is going to talk to that's all. The talk is not recorded. That is she herself.
She has become like an AI.

All three of them are stuck as digital entities. The price tk return is to sacrifice a living person.
Only Juno is willing to do that.

Assassin_M
01-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I said.