PDA

View Full Version : My observations and disappointments in ACU game mechanics

TwinsenMC
01-04-2015, 02:06 PM
These observations are in contrast with previous AC games:

1) No Whistling - this was a simple and practical way of attracting enemies in previous games, now it seems our hero has no ability to whistle and only firecrackers seem acceptable (talk about your junior pyromaniac).
2) No Human Shielding - this was an awesome and highly practical way of dealing with ranged enemies while engaging others, now in 5 star locations I'm a medicine drinking addict just to stay alive while every other enemy keeps shooting at me.
3) Combat Camera is all over the place and in many cases I can't even tell who and from which side is attacking.
4) The combat itself has become a chore and quite stiff. In previous AC games you were a master fighter and all the fights were swift and dynamic (Every kind of enemy had a quick and effective way to deal with them). Now you have to just whack at the enemy until dead, which is quite tedious...

I'm sure there are a lot more shortcomings for this latest AC game, but the ones mentioned above are most annoying to me personally.

xChip1998x
01-04-2015, 05:47 PM
I agree with you so much!

I remember being in my first haystack and wanting to whistle. Maybe Arno couldn't whistle. LOL. Human shielding was a great feature too.