PDA

View Full Version : terrible fps running a r9 295x2 any ideas how to improve?

blasterbolt22
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Well I just got the game yesterday so I dont know what it was like before this patch.

But I do know that it runs terrible on my system!
i7 4770k 4.4 cpu
r9 295x2 gpu
8 gig ram
250 ssd evo pro hd

4k Is just not possible even at low settings I get 14-16 fps

2k medium and low settings give me a rubbish 20 fps

1080p gives me 27-29 fps on high with MSAA x2 settings

I have the latest ccc and drivers from amd

The fps is just a joke.Ow and these fps are from the opening part and in the palace hall thats where I have stopped playing for now.

I would really like to know if UBISOFT are going to be able to fix this ?

I was hoping that the patch's had fixed alot of the problems I read about but they have not. I wont try to play the game now until another patch is added and if this is "the finished product" I wont buy another game from ubi again as this is just ridiculous.

Wrath2Zero
01-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Make sure you have Omega driver installed and use "AFR friendly" as a pre-set in the CCC Crossfire.

blasterbolt22
01-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I have the omega driver installed. When i switch to AFR i get no change . So in 1080p I am getting about 30-33 fps but it looks choppy. I tried turning frame pacing off and that had a very weird effect. I got a solid 30 fps but it felt alot smoother then before but there is alot of flashing going on with the graphics in the back ground so its totally unplayable.

I disabled crossfire and I get the same fps in 1080p 2k and 4k so it looks like I am only getting use out of 1 of the gpus on the card!! I really hope this gets sorted as its just so annoying. If anyone reads this that has 2 290xs in crossfire can you please let me know how yours works.

YazX_
01-04-2015, 05:36 PM
i think the problem is GPUs utilization, there is some weird issue with some GPUs Utilization especially muti ones, if you use MSI AfterBurn with RTSS OSD, can you report each GPU utilization?

USAdystopia
01-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Have you perused YazX_'s Troubleshooting Guide?