PDA

View Full Version : Please add multiple save slots!

Acidiuz
01-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to add multiple save slots? Because i won't buy one more ACU just because my Little brother wants to try it...

Ubisoft please add it in, you had it in Black Flags then why wouldn't you have it in Unity??

YazX_
01-03-2015, 01:26 PM
As personal opinion i doubt it, looking at WatchDogs and newer games, all feature only one save slot, so there is a very slight change they would do that, however, the only workaround now is to backup/restore saves per each gaming session.

Uranus888
01-03-2015, 02:19 PM
But at least they implemented in Watch Dogs the possibility of starting a new game in the game itself. In ACU not even this is implemented, a total ridiculous move, in my personal opinion. And an even more ridiculous decision if this is the development in future Ubisoft games.

Every game has to have an option for starting a new game without having to do it by manually erasing the saves.

Aenigmatix
01-03-2015, 04:55 PM
You can replay all the memories in the Progress Tracker from start to finish if your brother wants to play the storyline.

Otherwise, there's only one game save because your save is linked to your Initiates and Uplay account. That's what I heard, at least. It's stupid, though, because I've always wondered about people who share computers.

Do consoles only allow one game save as well? If so, that's ridiculous.

Lignjoslav
01-03-2015, 09:27 PM
... Otherwise, there's only one game save because your save is linked to your Initiates and Uplay account. That's what I heard, at least. ...Oh, well, that makes sense. All of the Uplay connected games from the series, such as AC II, AC Brotherhood etc, have the same thing. Oh, wait, they don't!

Seriously, whoever did that should have his keyboard ritually broken and then be forbidden from using anything digital, ever.

YazX_
01-03-2015, 09:55 PM
But at least they implemented in Watch Dogs the possibility of starting a new game in the game itself. In ACU not even this is implemented, a total ridiculous move, in my personal opinion. And an even more ridiculous decision if this is the development in future Ubisoft games.

Every game has to have an option for starting a new game without having to do it by manually erasing the saves.

Well for starting new game, i'm sure they will add it soon since this is an important option on all platforms, but for multiple save slots, i still believe it wont be added.

You can replay all the memories in the Progress Tracker from start to finish if your brother wants to play the storyline.

Otherwise, there's only one game save because your save is linked to your Initiates and Uplay account. That's what I heard, at least. It's stupid, though, because I've always wondered about people who share computers.

Do consoles only allow one game save as well? If so, that's ridiculous.

No thats not the reason, all games are associated with one UPlay and initiates accounts, take an example AC3, it had multiple save slots and you could also do initiates missions, AC4 and Liberation are likewise. i cannot speculate on whats the actual reason, so ill leave it with i dont know :). for consoles, yes its the same, one save slot.

Uranus888
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
No thats not the reason, all games are associated with one UPlay and initiates accounts, take an example AC3, it had multiple save slots and you could also do initiates missions, AC4 and Liberation are likewise. i cannot speculate on whats the actual reason, so ill leave it with i dont know :).

Exactly ;)

And even if you start a new game in ACU by manually deleting the saves, your ACI and/or App and/or Uplay Profile will not go nuts and fire up an error message saying "are you crazy? Always use the one same slot!" ;) Things will continue to work even though, and a new game is the same as a new slot on a multiple slot menu. Why Ubisoft took this way only Ubisoft knows.

No, In my opinion this is not the reason. These decisions (as also other ones already taken) have to do with adjustments on the PC Versions to approach them to the Console versions because these features would require extra programming code for the PC Versions instead of a 1:1 porting console -> PC, so, the console limitations are ported to the PC.