PDA

View Full Version : Something they should have did (customization)

CRIT_YO_FACE
01-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Hey guys I loved AC through every game and i played through them over and over again multiple times. but customization felt kinda dull . so when unity came out and I heard that there were multiple different items I was almost hyped into a coma (exaggeration). well then i play this game and I have to seriously lose my stats if i think gear from the first tier looks way cooler than legendaries? So what i think they should have done and they should do if they do this again. MAKE ALL STATS RAISE TO WHATEVER ASSASSIN RANK YOU ARE AND NOT GEAR DEPENDENT . because i want to have the best stats as much as the next guy but i don't want to have to choose from few options just to get them. and to get those stats i want i have to look like a complete idiot and un assassin like (at least in my opinion) .so then I put an outfit on .so anyway i dont wanna have to wear an outfit , I want to pick what my assassin should look like without losing anything. I am positive some people feel the same as I do. If you don't let me know, if you have better ides let me know as well , I also apologize in advance for this wall of text and if you read it all thank you. I just want to make one of my most favorite game series better.

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 08:20 PM
I think it would be better to be able to equip a piece of equipment, then change the appearance that of any other item you own.

For example, you want the stats of the legendary phantom hood, but you hate the feather. You equip it, then you go to a menu where you choose the appearance of any other hood you own.

This way you don't have people complaining because they have no choice but to use "overpowered" gear.

On a side note, I wish we could make our own color combinations. I really want all black with dark blue highlights.

CRIT_YO_FACE
01-01-2015, 08:22 PM
So a transmog system like in mmo's. that world work and i like that idea along with the color combo idea.

LoyalACFan
01-01-2015, 09:18 PM
I'd like it if we could just get whatever gear we think looks the coolest, and then buy upgrades for it that suit our playstyle. And I also wish certain gear sets (e.g. the military and Napoleonic ones) would have come with hats instead of hoods. I mean, the military obviously doesn't wear hoods, so... WTF is a military hood?

Edit- also, I really hope we can choose a second hidden blade as our melee weapon in the next game.

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I'd like it if we could just get whatever gear we think looks the coolest, and then buy upgrades for it that suit our playstyle. And I also wish certain gear sets (e.g. the military and Napoleonic ones) would have come with hats instead of hoods. I mean, the military obviously doesn't wear hoods, so... WTF is a military hood?

Edit- also, I really hope we can choose a second hidden blade as our melee weapon in the next game.

I agree about having hats, but I still like the hoods. I think we should be able to choose.

And regarding the second hidden blade, I think it should be it's own weapon class that deals massive damage, but with little if any defense. They could incorporate weapons into the stealth system. The bigger the weapon, the more you stand out.(I mean seriously. A huge ****ing ax on your back is pretty noticeable lol)

GoldenBoy9999
01-01-2015, 11:39 PM
I liked the customization, but I think they can improve on it.

Do people complain over this in other games though? Like Fallout and Skyrim? Stats are tied to items there, too. The Daedric armor in Skyrim has very good stats, but some may think it looks bad. Just wondering.

aL_____eX
01-01-2015, 11:53 PM
One thing I really don't like about the customization in Unity is that you can change all of your gear during missions. How is there any logic behind this? I can start with Arno's robes and end the mission with all legendary Phantom clothes.

BUT never forget, it's the Animus (Helix) so everything's possible.

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 11:53 PM

Do people complain over this in other games though? Like Fallout and Skyrim? Stats are tied to items there, too. The Daedric armor in Skyrim has very good stats, but some may think it looks bad. Just wondering.

Idk about fallout, but in skyrim the armor rating doesn't mean anything past somewhere around 600 so if you level up your armor and smithing skills enough you can have maximum protection with iron armor.

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 11:57 PM
One thing I really don't like about the customization in Unity is that you can change all of your gear during missions. How is there any logic behind this? I can start with Arno's robes and end the mission with all legendary Phantom clothes.

BUT never forget, it's the Animus (Helix) so everything's possible.

I see your point but that is pretty much any game with customizable characters so it doesn't bother me that much.

Pandassin
01-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I just don't like how many of the customisation items look the same, I understand it would be difficult to come up with like 50 different and unique chest pieces but come on, some of them are literally the exact same but with longer coat tails, I was hoping for more variety.

As for stats, I just go for whatever looks the best, I've never been much for caring about stats as long as my character looks cool :P

Also I agree on the making our own colour combinations, there's only 2 or 3 palettes I actually like from the selection we get, it would be much better if we just got to choose our own colours.

GoldenBoy9999
01-02-2015, 12:39 AM
I think the color palletes need the most improvement. I like the equipment, but I found very few colors I liked. I mainly just used Darkest Alley. I would've got the Pure Shadow one, but it was really overpriced.

HDinHB
01-02-2015, 06:16 AM

I agree about the second hidden blade, but hats schmats, why were there no berets?

https://headinablender.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/french-cliche.jpg

andreycvetov
01-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Am I the only one who liked the first assassin robes of Arno the most ?

SixKeys
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM
I think the color palletes need the most improvement. I like the equipment, but I found very few colors I liked. I mainly just used Darkest Alley. I would've got the Pure Shadow one, but it was really overpriced.

Most of the color palettes were historically accurate. They seem garish to our eyes, but made sense for social stealth during that period.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
From 1-10, how would everyone grade customization?

Just curious.

LeeroyGearSolid
01-02-2015, 11:58 AM
They should do the same with the weapons, there are so many cool looking weapons with low/medium stats. A possibility could be, as soon as you complete the game and get the sword of eden, all the other weapons will be upgraded to max stats.

Or they could be made upgradeable from tier to tier for high amounts of creed points (all gear).

Also Arno's starting gear could easily be made available as an outfit.

dxsxhxcx
01-02-2015, 03:44 PM

these games are also RPGs, something that AC isn't and shouldn't try to be...

aL_____eX
01-02-2015, 05:11 PM

Just curious.
7.5/10

For their first attempt it's quite good and I'm satisfied with the range of customizations, but there's still room for improvements - real weapon customization would be one. Also sometimes the gear looks too similar in different stages (tailored to legendary)

And like said before, everyone should be aware AC isn't primarily an RPG.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:14 PM
^ 7's so far...

Not bad.

aL_____eX
01-02-2015, 05:19 PM
If they hold on to the whole thing I'd also like to see customizable facial hair in Victory (yeah not only funny moustaches of course :rolleyes:) and the possibility to dye each part of your gear separately.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:22 PM
If they hold on to the whole thing I'd also like to see customizable facial hair in Victory (yeah not only funny moustaches of course :rolleyes:) and the possibility to dye each part of your gear separately.

Could we also dye the facial hair?

I'd like that.

Megas_Doux
01-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Just curious.

Being their first serious attempt, I gotta say that I enjoyed it, 7.5/10. because this is not a RPG and let alone a MMO game. Despite that, I really liked the fact you could wear "assassin" versions of medieval, XVII century musketeer and "contemporary" french outfits as a whole and/or combine them along with weapons from those different periods as well.

Personally I wielded heavy swords/halberds with the medieval outits, Cup hilted rapiers for the musketeers ones and sabres for the late XVIII outfits.

king-hailz
01-02-2015, 05:56 PM
They should let you customize all the little pieces of gear each.

CRIT_YO_FACE
01-02-2015, 06:05 PM
All of these ideas are fantastic you guys have alot of creativity I only hope ubi takes time and listens to our input. and It's great that people are as passionate about customization as I am. another thought is that regarding the modern day "hero" initiate whatever. I think we should customize how we look and have our own character in the ac universe as said initiate. idk if thats what you guys want but im spit balling ideas

GoldenBoy9999
01-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Most of the color palettes were historically accurate. They seem garish to our eyes, but made sense for social stealth during that period.

Well that's good to know. I just couldn't find one that looked good with all of my equipment. Hopefully the Victorian colors will be more my style. I'm glad they went with historical accuracy though.

Just curious.

I'm gonna say 7.75, because customization was one of the things I did the most and I loved it. So many times I'd just be looking at my Arno. And did anyone else feel that the cutscenes were like rewards to show off how cool he looked?

I don't wanna say 8, because hopefully there will be many more AC games with customization in them, and they should improve it each time. I did like it though. Victory will make me be in the menus like 75% of the time. :rolleyes:

these games are also RPGs, something that AC isn't and shouldn't try to be...

So do you think higher level gear should should be the only ones with better stats, or do you think all gear should increase in quality... What's your stance?

xboxauditore
01-02-2015, 06:52 PM
If i played a game, and it let me bring a starter-level item up to the top rank (Stats) i was currently at, i would declare the game the greatest thing evar.

dxsxhxcx
01-02-2015, 09:03 PM
So do you think higher level gear should should be the only ones with better stats, or do you think all gear should increase in quality... What's your stance?

I think customization should only have aesthetic purposes, but if they insist in keep adding stats to each piece of cloth, then IMO we should be able to import/export these stats from one piece to the other as we see fit (and FOR FREE, because I already can see Ubisoft allowing this for a fee now that they have tainted the game with microtransactions).

while we are at it, I also hope they don't try to mix the customization system with the crafting system we had in the previous games because the crafting system in AC is awful and IMO unnecessary....

topeira1980
01-03-2015, 10:41 AM
i'd rate customization 7.5 as well. its really nice for first attempt and all the clothes have great physics and details.

my main issue with the gear - mostly weapons, is that that all of the item's stat increase together. i wish we had multiple choices with each have it's own downsides and upsides - like a sword that is really fast but doesnt do a lot of damage, or a hatchet that is slow and very hard to perfect parry with but is very damaging or something like that.
in weapons it seems like all weapons of the same category (one handed\heavy\long) are the same except for damage, and i think more variety is needed.

in clothes i like it the way it is, actually. i understand how ppl really like a certain outfit but want to have better stats than it gives them, but to me i like having to change outfits according to what i want to do in a mission. if it's a sneaking one than i will look for something that help me sneak, but if i think i wont be able to avoid combat i will take a more armored one.
but frankly i cant see a huge difference in the outfit's performance except armor. cant say i find it much easier to blend with a certain outfit more than another.
not in a significant way.
and if all outfits have the same stats than outfits dont matter and i like that they do. i like that i have to chose a belt that allows more ammo over a belt that allows more medicine. i love choices in a game that mean something. that are balanced. for me that is what the outfits in ACU do and i think it makes more sense gameplay wise.
assassins creed has always been a game without meaningful gameplay choices. it was the most unbalanced game i've ever seen. you had a choice between stealth or combat approach to missions, between gadgets or swords, between upgrading your armor or not, but in the end the game was just so easy to approach in combat, just countering with the weakest weapon and the no armor upgrades that none of the choices mattered. it was all redundant.
so now they stepped up and finally made a game where you need to make choices, even in terms of outfits, and ppl complain because of the balance.
it doesnt make sense that an armored medieval chest plate will allow you to blend well, but it does make sense that it protects more against melee.
also it makes a lot more sense that a sans-cullottes outfit will help you blend within a sans-cullottes members and it's balanced to not be too armored at the same time.

i find every mission in the game completely possible with every outfit in the game if you upgrade your character enough so why do ppl complain? you like one outfit but it's less armored? just upgrade your health and you're fine even with THAT outfit. you find another outfit great looking but it takes longer to blend? approach the mission with more care. it's all really possible no matter what you're wearing and i dont see a big issue.

what DOESNT make sense to me is that you always walk around with a hood yet no one else uses a hood. if the templars would just issue a memo to their employees:

Dear templars and templarettes,
look for the assassin. if you dont know how they look like cuz they keep changing outfits than just look for the only guy in paris with a hood. no matter how normally he's looking among the crowd, or how innocently he's sitting on a bench - remember our motto: "if he's wearing a hood - he's up to no good".

i really really wish for more head gear options (top hats, musketeer hats, etc etc). yeah yeah i know the hood is a signiture look for AC, but in DEAD KINGS we get a bloody iron mask and Napoleon style hat so is it too much to ask for an option of other hat types or, god forbid, NO HEAD GEAR at all?

Jackdaw951
01-03-2015, 08:52 PM

Just curious.

I really liked the customization. I'll deduct a point for the locking-behind-online-crap nonsense, and give it a 9. I'm a function-over-form guy. If it looks good, that's terrific; but I'm going to pick what works best for me, regardless of looks. My outfit is mix-and-match, with the idea being to maximize some consumables (meds, smoke bombs, blades), eagle vision, and the ability to choose between stealth (phantom coat) and damage sponge (medieval coat). And for looks, we can wear the full outfits, which don't affect Arno's stats from the other equipped gear. I like Shay's templar outfit a lot right now. Before, I was wearing Carneillon's outfit, which I worked hard for. Besides, I like my guy with just his legendary gear, in its Amber Dawn color scheme.

All legendary:
- Prowler hood
- Phantom/Medieval coat
- Military bracers
- Napoleonic belt
- Phantom breeches

Someone mentioned Pure Shadow being too expensive. That gets unlocked somewhere along the game, along with quite a few other schemes.

SixKeys
01-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Someone mentioned Pure Shadow being too expensive. That gets unlocked somewhere along the game, along with quite a few other schemes.

Pure Shadow gets unlocked after collecting 100 cockades. If you don't like collecting them, it's quite a steep "price" for just a color scheme.