PDA

View Full Version : Things you don't like about AC

andreycvetov
01-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Share some things here ,that you just don't like about the franchise storywise or gameplay .Everything that you thought ,was just not the way you would have done it .Personally ,one of the things for me is that they expanded the Assassin - Templar conflict to the super distant past ,and not that it started somewhere around AC1 ,which IMO would have been better .Anything you guys would like to add ?

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 06:08 PM
- Doing away with modern story and its characters.
- No more First Civilisation stuff.
- Killing off Desmond.
- Last few Assassins have not actually been Assassins and have a complete disregard/disresepect for the creed.
- Blurring the lines between Assassin and Templar since ACIII, going as far to retcon just how evil the Templar Order is.
- Letting us play as Templars which completely insults the memory of Altair and Ezio and goes against everything they accomplished.
- Jumping too far in time. Soon the historical backdrop won't be so historical anymore.
- No music playing during free roam any more.
- Getting rid of glyph puzzles from AC2.
- Getting rid of hiding in bushes.
- Killing off all the important female characters for a cheap emotional punch.
- Rarely black or female characters as the main protagonist.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 07:54 PM
The automatic parkour. Something that has been present since the first game. I thought it would be more like you aim your jumps but you more like gravitate towards objects regardless where you aim. I understand it's to maintain flow but I feel less accomplished that way. Unity made it slightly better but....the floating is still there.

Generally unimpressive gameplay.

The inconsistent treatment of modern day.

Dropping characters and subplots without giving proper closure.

Initiates.

Consistently killing off loved ones for sake of feels.

Questionable writing.

That's about it.

UnionJack54
01-01-2015, 07:56 PM
They took out the first person present time sequences. I thought it gave me more info on what the Assassins and Templars were up to at that time.

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Ooh, more: this quantity over quality approach! That's typical of all Ubisoft games though. The main story is always super short but the rest of the world will be filled with pointless content like treasure boxes, repetitive copy and paste side missions etc and in the end it just becomes an endurance test.

LoyalACFan
01-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I hate that nothing feels self-contained or complete, both in the narrative and in the game itself. It's always split across half a dozen mediums. When I buy a game, I want THE GAME, not the skinned backbone of a multimedia project.

And basically what Mayrice said minus the parkour part, I think it's fine.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 09:14 PM
- Doing away with modern story and its characters.
- No more First Civilisation stuff.
- Killing off Desmond.
- Last few Assassins have not actually been Assassins and have a complete disregard/disresepect for the creed.
- Blurring the lines between Assassin and Templar since ACIII, going as far to retcon just how evil the Templar Order is.
- Letting us play as Templars which completely insults the memory of Altair and Ezio and goes against everything they accomplished.
- Jumping too far in time. Soon the historical backdrop won't be so historical anymore.
- No music playing during free roam any more.
- Getting rid of glyph puzzles from AC2.
- Getting rid of hiding in bushes.
- Killing off all the important female characters for a cheap emotional punch.
- Rarely black or female characters as the main protagonist.

I agree with some of what you said, especially the Templar retcon, but the last point bothers me a lot. AC has been incredibly diverse, probably moreso than any other series. There are more minorities in this world than black/women and I'm glad we got to explore those cultures.

Syrian, Italian, Native American, Irish, etc. We have yet to see those cultures explored much in the game industry and it was nice to see it rather than throwing in random black guys to fulfill the "real minorities!" quota.

Btw, we've had an Assassin who was both black and female, not to mention two black characters who did something exceptionally rare in this series-appear in more than one game-in Achilles and Ade'.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
As for the original question, the modern day Assassin Vs. Templar conflict was one of the absolute best parts of the AC narrative and it has been all but done away with because the grumpy old men at the review sites who review the games always tittyfit about it (in spite of the fact that it's pretty popular with the fanbase as a whole)

MurphyTarbawls
01-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Felt as if unity was more about "unity" or lack there of between arno and all supporting characters and felt that the story was missing most of what the assassins creed universe is about. There were a few teases to previous hero roles, TOWCB and POE but that was it. For people new to the franchise these were WTF moments for sure. I've played every game in the series and these were WTF moments for me, felt as if they had no importance at all. They were there part of the universe but had absolutely minimal to do with the story. Better luck next year I hope.

PS I want to replay the very first prologue mission with out deleting my current game progress and starting over.. Where the heck is it?!

GunnerGalactico
01-01-2015, 09:43 PM
I really hate the way the modern day is being implemented. I really agree with Loyal about the whole "multimedia project". I feel that they did a much better job with the modern day in ACB.

Shahkulu101
01-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Being a poor stealth action game.

Content being present in things other than the actual game itself, companion app/Initiates.

Annual releases.

Overbearing collectibles, repetitive and boring side content.

The fact we're still climbing stupid viewpoints. After playing so many AC games and other Ubisoft titles that have included reaching high things to unlock the map and side activities, I must have climbed 300+ of the stupid things.

Lack of overarching narrative.

Fatal-Feit
01-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Exclusives and locked content.

It's been here since AC2 and have gotten incredibly worse. --Most notably in Unity.

aL_____eX
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Exclusives and locked content.

It's been here since AC2 and have gotten incredibly worse. --Most notably in Unity.
Good ol' days when we had to buy 2 (!) whole sequences as DLC afterwards.

Namikaze_17
01-01-2015, 09:58 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/star-trek-picard-facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1381.gif

Farlander1991
01-01-2015, 10:02 PM

I think he means the exclusive AC2 bonus skin, not DLC.

rrebe
01-01-2015, 10:02 PM

I'd be happy if I was even able to buy the DLC, I'm forever stuck in 97% sync in AC2 because I lack 3 Templar lairs that weren't included in the PC edition I bough (it had the 2 extra sequences though). Can't buy the Steam upgrade because my AC2 was a physical copy and I really don't want to buy a whole game + upgrade on Steam just for that missing 3% :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
01-01-2015, 10:03 PM

It's not the DLC that bothers me. I can live with DLCs , and hell, even Uplay.

AC2 still suffered from timed exclusives like the Verizon Dye and the likes. You can't get them anymore.

Now here we are in Unity. Not only are we, the fans, still suffering from massive DLCs and unreasonable Uplay reward requirements (which now requires you to pay real money for stuff to complete 100%), we've got Ubicollectibles, Initiates, Companion App, Club Competitions, Microtransactions, and probably more I can't think of.

And worse of all, 90% of these things are either half-baked, in development, or just plain broken.

Farlander1991
01-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Wai wha, Templar Lairs weren't available in all PC editions? O_o Didn't they come out with one of the DLC for console?

Perk89
01-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Content being present in things other than the actual game itself, companion app/Initiates.

Annual releases.

The fact we're still climbing stupid viewpoints. After playing so many AC games and other Ubisoft titles that have included reaching high things to unlock the map and side activities, I must have climbed 300+ of the stupid things.

the side content in Unity is pretty good, I don't know that that's a valid complaint.the best way to improve on that would to have had Arno actually vocally engage in the side missions rather than merely walking up to someone, hitting "interact" and hearing what to do next. It may have also helped develop him more (I personally like him but it seems there at least a few who don't)

there is is nothing wrong with annual releases provided each game gets enough develop time. Buying a manual release game doesn't make you less of a "l33t" gamer. most issues that the series has had has nothing to do with development time but poor creative decisions made early in the development process.

climbing high points, synchronizing and seeing the world is part of the series. You may as well complain next that Call of Duty needs to so away with guns because they've been "so overused!!"

Farlander1991
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
the side content in Unity is pretty good, I don't know that that's a valid complaint.the best way to improve on that would to have had Arno actually vocally engage in the side missions rather than merely walking up to someone, hitting "interact" and hearing what to do next.

He does engage vocally in like around 35% of the Paris Stories (and now that I think about it, those where he directly interacts tend to be the ones I like more).

rrebe
01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Wai wha, Templar Lairs weren't available in all PC editions? O_o Didn't they come out with one of the DLC for console?

Apparently not.
I was in contact with UbiSupport about that a while ago, they weren't able to help me :nonchalance:

aL_____eX
01-01-2015, 10:09 PM
Apparently not.
I was in contact with UbiSupport about that a while ago, they weren't able to help me :nonchalance:
Bummer

Last year I bought the Sequence 12+13 DLC (with the lairs) for 7€ each or so, just to have 100% on Initiates. :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
01-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Apparently not.

I just checked the wikia, the Lairs were included in the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC (one of the things that I liked about AC pre-order content is that it would always be available later in DLC form). Weird that it's not an automatic part of the PC release as that's supposed to include both DLCs. Sorry that you can't 100% the game :(

rrebe
01-01-2015, 10:13 PM
I just checked the wikia, the Lairs were included in the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC (one of the things that I liked about AC pre-order content is that it would always be available later in DLC form). Weird that it's not an automatic part of the PC release as that's supposed to include both DLCs. Sorry that you can't 100% the game :(

"The edition of the game you have does not unlock the Content you wish to play.
We sorry to inform you that for you to finish the full game you need to have the special edition for the game"

*facepalm*

Well, at least I got to play Bonfires and Forli missions :rolleyes:

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I agree with some of what you said, especially the Templar retcon, but the last point bothers me a lot. AC has been incredibly diverse, probably moreso than any other series. There are more minorities in this world than black/women and I'm glad we got to explore those cultures.

Syrian, Italian, Native American, Irish, etc. We have yet to see those cultures explored much in the game industry and it was nice to see it rather than throwing in random black guys to fulfill the "real minorities!" quota.

Btw, we've had an Assassin who was both black and female, not to mention two black characters who did something exceptionally rare in this series-appear in more than one game-in Achilles and Ade'.

So I mentioned several things wrong with the franchise and THIS was the one thing that caught your eye? Very telling.
Regarding your reference to Italian & Irish etc - both of which are white - they were not 'minorities'. You're talking about nationality and ethnicity whereas I am referring to race which is different. Yes, nationality and ethnicity has been well explored within the AC universe. That is, until Unity, of course, where Ubisoft sold out by having French people with bad English accents so you can scratch that off your positives. But as for race and protagonists in the AC universe: Adewale had a DLC tack on. Connor had 1/3 of his game open with a white protagonist in order to ease gamers into him and whatsherface was on the much lesser PS Vita platform before coming to XBox by popular demand. And the way Ubisoft treated those characters in the narrative was laughable. Furthermore, to only have one female protagonist on a PSVita platform in the past 7 years amongst several male protagonists is disgraceful.

Ubisoft are perhaps more open to diversity than other dev companies but 'better' doesn't necessarily equate 'good'. I find your whole "random black guys" and "real minorites" comment so ignorant it hurts - as if you can't imagine black people fitting into the AC world organically like other races. As if just having a really good black character is fufilling some sort of PC agenda as opposed to being a natural direction for such massive world building and narrative that will almost undoubtedly include/affect all races. I'm going to stop there because I'm really not interested in justifying my gripes with this franchise to you. I don't like the way Ubisoft handles gender and race within their AC series - get over it.

Shahkulu101
01-01-2015, 10:25 PM
the side content in Unity is pretty good, I don't know that that's a valid complaint.the best way to improve on that would to have had Arno actually vocally engage in the side missions rather than merely walking up to someone, hitting "interact" and hearing what to do next. It may have also helped develop him more (I personally like him but it seems there at least a few who don't)

there is is nothing wrong with annual releases provided each game gets enough develop time. Buying a manual release game doesn't make you less of a "l33t" gamer. most issues that the series has had has nothing to do with development time but poor creative decisions made early in the development process.

climbing high points, synchronizing and seeing the world is part of the series. You may as well complain next that Call of Duty needs to so away with guns because they've been "so overused!!"

It's not bad side content in and of itself, it's just the same thing but 70+ times with the Paris stories. I enjoyed Murder Mysterirs but Rifts were very boring. Co-op was fun simply for running about with pals but as with the main game the poor mechanics overshadowed the great mission design.

Unity had 4 years development time and look how that turned out. Both Unity and AC3 had massive problems because they were pushed out in order to meet annual deadlines - the lack of polish is therefore linked to annual releases. Plus the overarching narrative was dropped as they couldn't sustain such a structure when releasing games every year. So we got the amusing but ultimately empty MD of AC4 and then we got...Unity. Not to mention prior to that many plot threads were dropped and forgotten about because keeping the writing focused and coherent with the various writers proved too difficult. Multiple different writers were needed because of -- yep -- yearly releases. I don't think I'm a leet gamer or whatever, I just believe releasing a game every year has had a negative effect on the series. I'd consider myself fairly casual, I only play 5-6 games a year.

Not sure that's the best example. Shooting is a mechanic. Viewpoints are a side 'activity'. I loved them at first but they have become pointless busywork.

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Annual releases.

Viewpoints have become a staple of the franchise I like "earning" the map rather than just having it given to me.
In GTA5 you don't even see areas in the map until you actually go there. I agree with the rest of your points though.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 10:32 PM
So I mentioned several things wrong with the franchise and THIS was the one thing that caught your eye? Very telling.
Regarding your reference to Italian & Irish etc - both of which are white - they were not 'minorities'. You're talking about nationality and ethnicity whereas I am referring to race which is different. Yes, nationality and ethnicity has been well explored within the AC universe. That is, until Unity, of course, where Ubisoft sold out by having French people with bad English accents so you can scratch that off your positives. But as for race and protagonists in the AC universe: Adewale had a DLC tack on. Connor had 1/3 of his game open with a white protagonist in order to ease gamers into him and whatsherface was on the much lesser PS Vita platform before coming to XBox by popular demand. And the way Ubisoft treated those characters in the narrative was laughable. Furthermore, to only have one female protagonist on a PSVita platform in the past 7 years amongst several male protagonists is disgraceful.

Ubisoft are perhaps more open to diversity than other dev companies but 'better' doesn't necessarily equate 'good'. I find your whole "random black guys" and "real minorites" comment so ignorant it hurts - as if you can't imagine black people fitting into the AC world organically like other races. As if just having a really good black character is fufilling some sort of PC agenda as opposed to being a natural direction for such massive world building and narrative that will almost undoubtedly include/affect all races. I'm going to stop there because I'm really not interested in justifying my gripes with this franchise to you. I don't like the way Ubisoft handles gender and race within their AC series - get over it.

Im sorry, but I stopped reading this as soon as you generalized Italians and Irishmen as simply "white." That is some extreme racial prejudice right there and it shows a massive display of historical ignorance. This isn't a conversation I care to continue on with and I recommend you reevaluate yourself.

Shahkulu101
01-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Viewpoints have become a staple of the franchise I like "earning" the map rather than just having it given to me.
In GTA5 you don't even see areas in the map until you actually go there. I agree with the rest of your points though.

I get what you mean but to me it feels like a false sense of earning. I don't feel like I'm 'earning' anything, just engaging in a yet another mindless action for the umpteenth time. Even though I'd like to see them gone completely, I think it would be good if they actually took the form of navigational puzzles and were trickier to climb than other buildings. So there's actually a bit of effort involved. Then they'd feel less pointless.

dimbismp
01-01-2015, 10:38 PM
-MD had a lot potential.After that there were some shocking moments.And.............after that it transormed into a total mess.So today,instead of dropping the MD or try to make a good one,they kept it just for the sake of it,which is worse than being a bad modern day story like AC3
-Undermining of overarching narrative and 1st civ stuff
-Underwelming narrative.This situation gets worse and worse,with occasional glimpses of some quality.I mean,in 8 games,i doubt that half of them had an interesting story(and execution),while literally none of them was 10/10 (for me).
-Lack of interesting characters.The main characters are usually just meh,especially the latter ones.On the other hand,the historical references,which used to be the series' best quality,have really goten out of hand.Almost all characters are real ones,which in most cases results in the Gump phenomenon and lack of interesting allies-enemies.
-More and more multiplayer,social stuff etc which makes the singleplayer quality to become worse.AC was supposed to be a story-driven game!
-Annual releases.At first it didn't bother me,but know i really feel a franchise fatigue....Devs don't have enough time to polish their games,not just in terms of performance but also in terms of gameplay/narrative etc.It is no wonder why the truly great games(score above 9/10)are full of details!Guess waht?None of the recent games is truly great!!!Also,i believe that,no matter how many changes they make,most fans,including me,will feel that the new AC is "more of the same".

So,overral,i think that most fans have started feeling tired and it is no wonder why.Without the subtle details,a good narrative,an interesting character and some completely fresh gameplay,the games become too identical with each other.Just changing the setting with a few minor gameplay changes is not enough for me anymore.Maybe,what they need to do is completely change the setting(perhaps Asia)...Maybe this will help them create something new and fresh

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Im sorry, but I stopped reading this as soon as you generalized Italians and Irishmen as simply "white." That is some extreme racial prejudice right there and it shows a massive display of historical ignorance. This isn't a conversation I care to continue on with and I recommend you reevaluate yourself.

Rubbish. By that logic we could do that for any other ethnicity because we all have roots in racial mixing. You know I'm referring typically to Irish and Italians in terms of how they are classed TODAY and that is primarily CAUCASIAN. It is you that needs to re-evaluate yourself and stop spewing pointless ignorant garbage about black people having no place in the franchise.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 10:42 PM
It's not bad side content in and of itself, it's just the same thing but 70+ times with the Paris stories. I enjoyed Murder Mysterirs but Rifts were very boring. Co-op was fun simply for running about with pals but as with the main game the poor mechanics overshadowed the great mission design.

Unity had 4 years development time and look how that turned out. Both Unity and AC3 had massive problems because they were pushed out in order to meet annual deadlines - the lack of polish is therefore linked to annual releases. Plus the overarching narrative was dropped as they couldn't sustain such a structure when releasing games every year. So we got the amusing but ultimately empty MD of AC4 and then we got...Unity. Not to mention prior to that many plot threads were dropped and forgotten about because keeping the writing focused and coherent with the various writers proved too difficult. Multiple different writers were needed because of -- yep -- yearly releases. I don't think I'm a leet gamer or whatever, I just believe releasing a game every year has had a negative effect on the series. I'd consider myself fairly casual, I only play 5-6 games a year.

Not sure that's the best example. Shooting is a mechanic. Viewpoints are a side 'activity'. I loved them at first but they have become pointless busywork.

I can't speak to Rifts as I've only done one but can say I thought it was a really cool experience. Sampling another time period that was artistically well done was neat for me. I think some people dislike them because they kind of replaced the modern day actions as a whole-which I'd agree with-but I enjoyed them. It isn't like they were long and they were an interesting new experience (that has me stoked for Victorian London)

i feel like that backs my point-Unity had four years but still had a number of issues that time wouldn't have fixed. We still would have had am annoying companion app. We still would've had rifts. Arno would still not say much upon becoming an Assassin. Same goes for other games. AC3 could have been in development for 5 more years and the first 48 hours of the game would have been a tutorial. I think those are poor creative decisions, not time-related issues. As for the MD storyline, if the comic book industry can maintain a perpetual overarching narrative despite hundreds of different writers and titles going on, AC can as well. I think the MD storyline has-tragically-been dropped because they were trying to appeal to more people (another creative decision)

Viewpoints are nothing more than Ubi showing off what they've built. You'd climb up there anyways so may as well put something up there for you to do. Personally I wouldn't mind less of them per game, but I don't find them that cumbersome.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Rubbish. By that logic we could do that for any other ethnicity because we all have roots in racial mixing. You know I'm referring typically to Irish and Italians in terms of how they are classed TODAY and that is primarily CAUCASIAN. It is you that needs to re-evaluate yourself and stop spewing pointless ignorant garbage about black people having no place in the franchise.

Lol don't bring your small ****** complex in here with me. I don't care for it and I don't sympathize for you. It's clear you have an agenda so I don't know why I'm bothering to respond, and, in fact, I don't think I will.

Drop the woe is me complex. Don't fabricate insults to paint yourself the victim. Then maybe we'll talk. Until then, good day.

EmptyCrustacean
01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Lol don't bring your small ****** complex in here with me. I don't care for it and I don't sympathize for you. It's clear you have an agenda so I don't know why I'm bothering to respond, and, in fact, I don't think I will.

Drop the woe is me complex. Don't fabricate insults to paint yourself the victim. Then maybe we'll talk. Until then, good day.

The only woe is me cry-a-baby is the one that took a tidbit out of an entire post amongst other entire posts and ran with it in order to turn this into a race war. And I see you're resorting to swearing now lol Someone needs a time-out it seems...

SaintHedgehog
01-01-2015, 11:26 PM
No more First Civilization stuff.
Last few Assassins have not actually been Assassins and have a complete disregard/disrespect for the creed.
Blurring the lines between Assassin and Templar since ACIII, going as far to retcon just how evil the Templar Order is.
Letting us play as Templars which completely insults the memory of Altair and Ezio and goes against everything they accomplished.
Killing off all the important female characters for a cheap emotional punch.
Rarely black or female characters as the main protagonist.

I agree with this statements

SkypherDZN
01-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The most annoying thing for me is the ugly render distance in AC Unity which pretty much ruins the game experience.

Hrafnagud72
01-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The only woe is me cry-a-baby is the one that took a tidbit out of an entire post amongst other entire posts and ran with it in order to turn this into a race war. And I see you're resorting to swearing now lol Someone needs a time-out it seems...

You need to take a step back and stop being so ignorant. You are the one that started the race and sex war.

You do realize AC is a historical game? That means that the game is based on the ethics and events of that time period. The fact that there are even women involved it in AC is to please people like you. There were no women in the real assassin's order that AC is based off. Consider that in every part of the world in that time frame women had almost no rights. You need to understand that to make a game based on history, you need to follow the events and rules of that time period to make it believable.

Get over yourself and quit being petty. The only racial and sexist issues are the ones you are fabricating.

EmptyCrustacean
01-02-2015, 12:22 AM
You need to take a step back and stop being so ignorant. You are the one that started the race and sex war.

You do realize AC is a historical game? That means that the game is based on the ethics and events of that time period. The fact that there are even women involved it in AC is to please people like you. There were no women in the real assassin's order that AC is based off. Consider that in every part of the world in that time frame women had almost no rights. You need to understand that to make a game based on history, you need to follow the events and rules of that time period to make it believable.

Get over yourself and quit being petty. The only racial and sexist issues are the ones you are fabricating.

Wow, what a load of incoherent, poorly thought out nonense. You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word 'ignorant' because you'd realise you personify it. You also seem to lack basic reading comprehension because 89 was the one that got huffy and puffy over my orginal comments and then went on his little 'Irish/Italian' rant but it's typical that you would ignore that to support your views. I engaged in the discussion of the thread about things I disliked about AC. I was on topic. If some oversensitive child can't handle opinions that differs to theirs then they shouldn't be on a forum.

Oh, and 'blacks and women had little rights during that time period!' argument is sooo weak lol Each time somebody uses it it only exposes the holes in such logic. People like you always like to pick and choose where and when to apply the realism to suit your agendas. Don't apply real life standards to a game about alien-like beings who created humans, and 'Pieces of Eden', and Assassins with 'First Civilisation DNA' who possess sixth senses and don't seem to run out of breath as they're doing everything short of flying through the city roof tops. You make yourself look quite daft when you do. AC is a largely unrealistic game with leaps of logic all over the place. It is a sci-fi mythology. If you can accept those fantastical elements I am sure you can accept something as simple as some free living black and female Assassins in those time periods - especially when the Brotherhood's very ideals are in line with equal rights. To apply real world standards to fictional entertainment and use that as an excuse to keep minorities and women out is pathetic. I mean, really.

Regarding your accusations of 'fabrication'. Don't make slanderous statements when the writing is literally on the wall. 89 said "throwing in random black guys" to fufil a "minority quota" which is just dumb. You object to me critcising this because you're one of the backwards thinking people that feel this way, who flip out at the mere mention of 'sex' and 'race' - even in passing - because you're worried it may expose some nasty views about yourself. I won't refrain from saying how I feel because it makes you feel uncomfortable. ISo you're just going to have to grow up.

JorgeChihuahua
01-02-2015, 01:02 AM
I personally dislike the Unity companion app the most of all other things. Regarding the whole flame war dealing with sex a race and whatnot, I think EmptyCrustacean is saying that if we can accept leaps of faith and extreme parkour stunts in our game then we should accept having say, a female protaganist in a time that might not have been so fair to them. So I guess she wants maybe Asssassin's Creed Victory set in Victorian London to have an African (Londonian?) woman fighting against evil baby eating Templars while staying true to the legacy of Altair because she never questions the glorious Creed. (Sorry for mocking, it just sounds incredibly bad*** and I had to include it.) But then that's only one game, and of course Liberation doesn't count because it's not like that game had a Hd release and several references in Black Flag and Rogue, so we'd probably have to release another game with a female protaganist who isn't white. So make another full-budget release with a Jamaican women in China. Lets just call her black since Irish and Syrian are both obviously white unless of course you embody ignorance, you terrible person. Anyway, either that or we remove the parkour and leap of faith because any selective picking and choosing of what is realistic and what's not is obviously evil so let's have a game where you have to eat every 3 hours and urinate every 60 minutes or so. Girl power

EmptyCrustacean
01-02-2015, 01:30 AM
I personally dislike the Unity companion app the most of all other things. Regarding the whole flame war dealing with sex a race and whatnot, I think EmptyCrustacean is saying that if we can accept leaps of faith and extreme parkour stunts in our game then we should accept having say, a female protaganist in a time that might not have been so fair to them. So I guess she wants maybe Asssassin's Creed Victory set in Victorian London to have an African (Londonian?) woman fighting against evil baby eating Templars while staying true to the legacy of Altair because she never questions the glorious Creed. (Sorry for mocking, it just sounds incredibly bad*** and I had to include it.) But then that's only one game, and of course Liberation doesn't count because it's not like that game had a Hd release and several references in Black Flag and Rogue, so we'd probably have to release another game with a female protaganist who isn't white. So make another full-budget release with a Jamaican women in China. Lets just call her black since Irish and Syrian are both obviously white unless of course you embody ignorance, you terrible person. Anyway, either that or we remove the parkour and leap of faith because any selective picking and choosing of what is realistic and what's not is obviously evil so let's have a game where you have to eat every 3 hours and urinate every 60 minutes or so. Girl power

If you're going to attempt wit/irony please use proper grammar, punctuation and paragraphs. My eyes hurt. :eek: Also, don't use sarcasm to mask the fact that you can't form an intelligent argument. It's transparent. Case in point, the oh-so-clever remark regarding a Jamaican woman in China whilst assuming that I wouldn't just prefer a Chinese woman in China... And 'HD release (after previously being on PSvita and being completely under-developed) and several references' (yeah, really reaching here lol) is weak.

JorgeChihuahua
01-02-2015, 01:45 AM
You are a genius of grammar and punctuation and that means you are better than me as a human and in intelligence. I cower in your presence. Please forgive for hurting your eyes. In all seriousness, I honestly agree with you in that having a female protaganist; I would enjoy playing as an Chinese Assassin, male or female, in an Assassin's Creed game set in China. I just never like it when ego gets in the way of proper discussion as it always seems to happen on these forums. I disagree that it was a bad decision to blur the lines between good and evil dealing with the whole Assassin vs Templar war because I think it encourages independance and individual thinking over blind following of a set of rules. I'm sorry for the grammatical mistakes because I'm using a mobile device and the forums don't have a proper mobile viewing mode. (Which is another reason why I don't post much or at all.) Overall I think we should have a proper discussion without name calling or ego boosting.

EmptyCrustacean
01-02-2015, 02:37 AM
You are a genius of grammar and punctuation and that means you are better than me as a human and in intelligence. I cower in your presence. Please forgive for hurting your eyes. In all seriousness, I honestly agree with you in that having a female protaganist; I would enjoy playing as an Chinese Assassin, male or female, in an Assassin's Creed game set in China. I just never like it when ego gets in the way of proper discussion as it always seems to happen on these forums. I disagree that it was a bad decision to blur the lines between good and evil dealing with the whole Assassin vs Templar war because I think it encourages independance and individual thinking over blind following of a set of rules. I'm sorry for the grammatical mistakes because I'm using a mobile device and the forums don't have a proper mobile viewing mode. (Which is another reason why I don't post much or at all.) Overall I think we should have a proper discussion without name calling or ego boosting.

Re BIB: That's the very philosophy the Templars promote - total lack of individual thinking and freedom in favour of order and control. Assassin's motto: 'nothing is true, everything is permitted'. Whilst this may seem contradictory (as this in itself requires obedience of rules), it is a contradiction they entirely aware of. The Assassins are willing to give up their own freedom in order to enable the freedom of 'the people'. Their Creed comes from hope, and the belief that people have the capacity for good. Templars, on the other hand, believe that humanity is 'base, stupid and petty' and therefore cannot be trusted with freedom. The flaw in that reasoning is how can Templars - who are also human and therefore flawed - be trusted to rule? Are they not capable of being corrupt? Of course they are. And we've seen it time and time again which is why their ideology does not hold up. Furthermore, I would have no problem with blurring the lines if the Templars were presented to us as more morally complex from the beginning. But then again the game wouldn't even be called Assassin's Creed. Ubsioft made me side with the Assassins and now they want me to abandon my loyalty. No can do!

re: your 'ego' comment. I don't think you're using 'ego' appropriately... As I said before, I was just giving my personal thoughts on Assassin's Creed as a franchise. This was on topic and wasn't directed towards anybody but Ubisoft and their AC franchise. It was you and two others that took it personally for some reason and decided to use it as an excuse to turn attention to me as a poster. Just because I'd like to see some diversity in the game doesn't mean it has to change the way you feel about it and I really don't care whether or not you think it's necessary or not. What I don't get it why you care that I want diversity to the point where you're criticising me for it. What I object to, ultimately, is when people try to force me out of my opinions in order to temper their insecurity. It's not my problem.

bitebug2003
01-02-2015, 03:03 AM
Enough bickering. Take it to a PM if you must but desist with further disruption to the thread. Thanks

I wish I could Air Assassinate/Ledge Assassinate regardless of Enemy Status. It gives me the option to air assassinate (Enemy is alerted - Red), but when I perform it the enemy kicks me off.

The Ledge Assassinate prompt won't appear when the Enemy is alerted (Red), This is silly.

Guns are over-powered and used too often - and by too many different enemy types. I've died many times from an out of a line of shot range.

Yellow awareness pops up too frequent when I'm not doing anything and the responses from the enemies are extremely exaggerated.

I wish dropping down from a building wouldn't have him grab on everything on his way down (chair, barrel, door frame) that is also true for just free running (he leaps on to everything - yet cant jump onto a bed - he must go around it.

The_Kiwi_
01-02-2015, 04:06 AM
I hate how Ubisoft is constantly trying to make another Ezio trilogy
I don't want 3 games with a character just because people liked him and you want more sales, I hated Ezio and I don't want it to happen again

I hate how Ubisoft is catering to us in the development process
Do what YOU think is right, not what fans are asking for
Make the games how you want them to be done, don't restrict yourselves just to make some fans happy

P.S.
Ubisoft, if you make a WW2 AC, I will hunt you down and destroy you.

I hate how large AC has become; development for multiple games occur at the same time in different places, that completely destroys the overarching narrative
The reason that AC games have been lacklustre recently is because their narratives aren't connected as well, and that's because they were made side by side by different people
No more than one studio, per year, per game. That's the way it should be.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
I hate how Ubisoft is constantly trying to make another Ezio trilogy
I don't want 3 games with a character just because people liked him and you want more sales, I hated Ezio and I don't want it to happen again

I hate how Ubisoft is catering to us in the development process
Do what YOU think is right, not what fans are asking for
Make the games how you want them to be done, don't restrict yourselves just to make some fans happy

P.S.
Ubisoft, if you make a WW2 AC, I will hunt you down and destroy you.

I hate how large AC has become; development for multiple games occur at the same time in different places, that completely destroys the overarching narrative
The reason that AC games have been lacklustre recently is because their narratives aren't connected as well, and that's because they were made side by side by different people
No more than one studio, per year, per game. That's the way it should be.

This. Though I don't mind Ezio...but this seemingly desperate attempt of Ubi trying to make a trilogy of a another character is getting tiresome. -__-

SixKeys
01-02-2015, 10:25 AM
-Constant piling-on of new, unnecessary features (bombs, ships, hunting etc.) when the core pillars are majorly lacking. At least Unity finally made a concerted effort at addressing this.

-Lack of direction or focus. Ubi acknowledged that modern day was very divisive, but can't make up their minds about whether it should stay or go. Since the end of the Desmond saga, modern day has hung in a sort of neither-here-nor-there state of limbo. Unity's approach would have been okay if we had felt like we were working towards uncovering something big, but at the end the game literally tells us everything we did was a giant waste of time. This lack of focus also extends to the historical parts, as they can't seem to make up their minds on whether they want the franchise to be more action-oriented (Black Flag) or stealth-oriented (Unity). ToKW was a weird experiment in giving the protagonist superpowers. And the upcoming China DLC isn't even AC as we know it (open world assassination sandbox), but a side-scrolling 2D-platformer. What's next? Assassin's Creed: Civilization? Ubi clearly has no solid direction for the franchise which ultimately ends in trying to stretch it in too many directions.

-Storywise: the overdone revenge story motif and watering down of controversial elements. Freedom Cry did a great job tackling race issues, I'll give them that, but unlike the early games, there's no more daring commentary on modern-day politics and religion.

-The emphasis on moving forward, not backwards in history. I want an era with no guns and bombs again. Take us back to where we can only rely on crude weapons like arrows and throwing knives. That would mean having to seriously rework the tried-and-tested gameplay mechanics that have made the games too easy.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-02-2015, 12:48 PM
- Transmedia. It is the cancer of the gaming industry and Ubisoft is heavily embracing it in all their games, not just ACU. Seriously though, how many external things were in the game? Companion App, Uplay, Initiates... Christ almighty. Just stop.

- Declining quality in writing. No game has been able to top AC2 in terms of storytelling. In my opinion, AC2 was better than AC3 and AC4, which were better than ACU and Rogue. Not only is the actual storytelling getting worse, but the length of the narratives are getting progressively shorter. Rogue is by far the shortest game in the franchise, and ACU is about the length of Brotherhood which was developed in less than a year.

- Overarching narrative. What the **** is happening to it? Where is this franchise going? There has been absolutely no progression at all in the last 3 games. None. Sure stuff has happened, but none of it meaningfully pushes it forward. The last important thing that has happened was Juno being freed. Over two years later and still barely anything about her. The treatment of the over-arching narrative, and the modern-day in general has been absolutely abysmal in the past few games. AC4's modern day was cool for one game as fan service, but we need some actual progression with these games. A lot of the love I had for this franchise has slowly been declining over the years. There is no reason to care about the AC Universe because nothing interesting is happening anymore. I use to theorise a lot about Desmond and what the next big twist and modern day gameplay would be like, but now, it's been so utterly annihilated and destroyed that it's borderline non-existent. 2 cutscenes in Unity is the official modern day now. A complete and utter joke. So much wasted potential. This series will NEVER return to the quality of it's glory days until it gives a good modern day. They can't keep giving people garbage modern day. People will vote for their wallets as they have been (AC has been selling less every year).

-Underwhelming gameplay. AC seems a jack of all trades, but master of none. It has stealth, combat, parkour, RPG elements and customisation. Thing is, none of it is really that fleshed out. The parkour is brain-dead easy with no depth. Just holding down a button and running in a direction. ACU did help a bit, but it does need some tweaks (the weird gravity needs to be fixed). The combat is solid, but again with little depth. Give us more weapon types. Give us meatshield. Give us combo moves. Lethal and non lethal tactics. Give us disarm in combat, heavy attack, quick attack etc. More depth needed. Stealth again could use more depth. Make use of shadows. Have a prone system like MGS. Have more distraction tools and stealth equipment like the rope dart. Have a quick stealthy dash manouvre to get out of enemy sight. Customisation can be expanded upon. Give us more in depth, meaningful skill trees (similar to WoW). Make gear purely visual.

- Quantity over quality mindset. ACU I believe has over 400 collectibles. 400. You read that right. I believe it has 70 Paris Stories as well, but the vast majority feel the same. How about instead of 20 viewpoints, 70 paris stories, 400 collectibles, 20 co-op missions etc we get 10 viewpoints, 20 Paris Stories, 40 Collectibles, 10 Co-op missions but make each satisfying. Look at GTAV. The singleplayer only has like 4 heists I think. Yet each heist has multiple options, different crew set ups, loads of customisation and meaningful rewards. If it was a Ubi game I'd bet it would have like 20 heists that are all extremely similar with little variation. Gives Paris stories cutscenes, meaningful side characters, interesting self contained narratives and dynamic objectives. Have maybe 5 Murder Mysteries but with cutscenes, abstract clues, interrogation sequences, choice of punishment which could be tied in with a morality system. Have 40 collectibles, but each will have bits of information about the lore you may or may not know (like the War Letters in Rogue). Have them unlock a nice outfit at the end. Give co-op missions more cutscenes and interactions with the Brotherhood. Include a planning room in the headquarters about your strategy. Different entrances, different equipment, escape plans, what builds you need to use etc. Maybe retrieve some costumes for disguise if attending a party. Good opportunity to make these similar to GTAV heists. Point is, put quality over quantity. Look at Rogue for example. The map size is undoubtedly big. It would take a while to visit each zone. But there isn't any reason to. Every zone in the North Atlantic looks the same. All the zones in the RV look the same. All of NY looks the same. No variation.

Sorry for long post, but I feel the added info is justified, although admittedly I am a bit of a circumlocutionist.

There are other minor things, but they're more specific to certain games (lack of varied locations in ACU)

***Profanity removed. There is an auto-censor active, so please refrain from bypassing it by partially masking the word(s) - Thanks!

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2015, 01:39 PM
The lack of the Modern Day story and gameplay in the last few games.
The lack of focus on the lore and the overarching story.
Too much focus on multiplayer and online features.
Turning the games style from episodic and interconnected to self-contained.
Tailing, eavesdropping, pointless collectibles, optional objectives and repetitive side quests that serve no purpose in the story.

dxsxhxcx
01-02-2015, 03:57 PM
- companion app;
- Initiates;
- microtransactions;
- current MD style (Unity and AC4);
- lack of multiple cities (AC1~AC2 style);
- lack of improvement of the core;
- no clue about the franchise's direction;
- too much focus on trying to make the biggest and better AC game yet and always fail at it (AC1 and AC2 as simple as they were are still considered the best ACs among many people);

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 08:51 PM
- Intrusive third party apps and games. I don't mind them being there, just not like the Unity app.
- The Ubisoft open world syndrome
- Taking steps back in the NPC AI
- Writing that shoots itself in the foot
- Yearly schedule
- Attempting too hard to make a protagonist that's similar to Ezio

JustPlainQuirky
01-02-2015, 08:52 PM
- Intrusive third party apps and games. I don't mind them being there, just not like the Unity app.
- Yearly schedule

Amen brother.

Shahkulu101
01-02-2015, 08:54 PM
- Yearly schedule
- Attempting too hard to make a protagonist that's similar to Ezio.

Which has been done a whopping number of one time.

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Which has been done a whopping number of one time.
You know this'll be a thing, don't even try. Samuel or whatever will be a white man who's brash and witty, you'll see.

adventurewomen
01-02-2015, 08:59 PM
When an assassination target spots you when you're hiding, and they start running away when the place is full of guards. I also dislike lock picking in AC Unity. Urgh!

Shahkulu101
01-02-2015, 09:01 PM
You know this'll be a thing, don't even try. Samuel or whatever will be a white man who's brash and witty, you'll see.

You may be right. The protagonist will probably be a generic James Bond type like Haytham but it's not a 'thing' yet, but people talk like it is and claim Ubi have been trying to find a new Ezio for years. When in actual fact the first two protagonists that succeeded Ezio were anything but.

JustPlainQuirky
01-02-2015, 09:06 PM
if Ubi tries to make Samuel Fey a Haytham 2.0 I'll be so pissed.

Haytham is the only Haytham.

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 09:11 PM
You may be right. The protagonist will probably be a generic James Bond type like Haytham but it's not a 'thing' yet, but people talk like it is and claim Ubi have been trying to find a new Ezio for years. When in actual fact the first two protagonists that succeeded Ezio were anything but.
Nah, i'm not pretending that Ubi has been trying it for years. Arno is the obvious first one. I like Arno a lot, I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be but he's the start of a bad trend and I hope enough people talk about it BEFORE it becomes a thing.

Megas_Doux
01-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Annualization.
Transmedia.
Annualization.
No horses or bad horse mechanics when available.
Annualization.
Goofy fake accents just because.
Annualization

Annualization.

bitebug2003
01-02-2015, 09:22 PM
36 hours to wait for a mission to end - Companion App

That's just too much and that doesn't make the mission any more difficult
12 hours should be the maximum time for any mission

Btw, a lot of what has been posted about the series in general I tend to agree with, but I figured I'd just add some of the things I don't enjoy in AC Unity.

NondairyGold
01-02-2015, 09:52 PM
- Companion App's that take a month to finish, with rewards that are meaningless by the time you earn them.
- Pointless collectables, at least Rogue took a stab at meaningful collectables, with Juno's message and the Native American story, armour's etc..
- Modern day's non-existence. It should have an opening, middle and end/cliffhanger.
- Each game should make sense as a stand alone title, and progress the story (Unlike Unity!).
- Lore, Lore, oh where art thou!! Thats right relegated to the Belle Epoch.... in intel form!!!
- Snipers that can shoot a flee off the *** of a donkey at 1000 yards.... in the dark.... blindfolded.

xboxauditore
01-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Half of the fanbase.

Megas_Doux
01-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Half of the fanbase.

I agree, fanbases could be VERY annoying.......

Namikaze_17
01-03-2015, 01:55 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I6JkDHjlXxI/TzfR_d7D48I/AAAAAAAAAuc/yELtvrtJrfs/s1600/man-in-crowd-screaming.gif

:rolleyes:

Sad, but this may come to fruition.

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Only one save now in Unity we can't even start a new save like before we had 2 other ave slots they are now gone :-/

The_Kiwi_
01-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Only one save now in Unity we can't even start a new save like before we had 2 other ave slots they are now gone :-/

I assume its because multiple saves might confuse Initiates, seeing as Unity has such a strong connection with it
But it does suck, yes

aL_____eX
01-03-2015, 02:14 AM
I assume its because multiple saves might confuse Initiates, seeing as Unity has such a strong connection with it
But it does suck, yes
The whole Companion App stuff wouldn't work as well. Having several Co-op characters might be a problem too.

EmptyCrustacean
01-03-2015, 02:16 AM
But it does suck, yes

That's why Initiates and Nomad shouldn't exist!

bitebug2003
01-03-2015, 02:25 AM
The Tournament flag parkour course - who thought this would be remotely fun -- and to top it off in such a confined and cluttered space no less -
This has to be the worst element in AC Unity I've come across.

Things like this really suck the fun out of a game

*Speechless*

aL_____eX
01-03-2015, 02:29 AM
The Tournament flag parkour course - who thought this would be remotely fun -- and to top it off in such a confined and cluttered space no less -
This has to be the worst element in AC Unity I've come across.

Things like this really suck the fun out of a game

*Speechless*
I really hate that most of the Co-op missions glitch like 2 out of 3 times. No matter if it's guards seeing through walls, alerts of hundreds of enemies although you're as stealthy as possible, or just glitches like interactions not showing up.

Because of all this, I experienced about 8-10 massive game breakers in Coop already.

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 02:40 AM
That's why Initiates and Nomad shouldn't exist!
Add to that Helix and Skill points they are also useless!

bitebug2003
01-03-2015, 02:45 AM
I really hate that most of the Co-op missions glitch like 2 out of 3 times. No matter if it's guards seeing through walls, alerts of hundreds of enemies although you're as stealthy as possible, or just glitches like interactions not showing up.

Because of all this, I experienced about 8-10 massive game breakers in Coop already.

Oh I agree I've had to restart some due to some AI bugs - but I'm getting quite fed up with the unrealistic AI and the yellow awareness notification popping up WAY too often which I think is worse than ACIII.
There are simply way too many guards that come out of nowhere - who can all shoot at you - dodge a phantom blade from a meter away etc.
Also it takes forever to go back to anonymous -- more so if an enemy is alert (Red) and doesn't give chase, and you have to be anonymous before you can interact with anything - which has always been pet peeve of mine.

Mezuchan
01-03-2015, 02:53 AM
- The thing I dislike the most is being 'anonymous hero #3'. Like many others I want a modern day protagonist/story.
- There are a few other peeves. Like the only way to get more Helix credits is to use actual money. Uhmm... no Thanks, I already bought the game.
- The fact that the sequences are so sort. I remember in AC 2 being more than 3 memories within a sequence.

I do like Initiates though, but not how it's a requirement to unlock things in-game. (Pre 'update/re-make' Initiates was, for now at least, better then it is now. I miss the time-line)

Question;
Overarching narrative. I feel like I don't grasp the full meaning of that phrase. Can someone explain it?

adventurewomen
01-03-2015, 02:58 AM
I dislike Modern Day in general.. it was good in AC1 but after AC1 it got boring. I like the historical side to AC games.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-03-2015, 06:02 AM
To add to my previous post:

- Story length. It's just too short. It's frankly impossible to tell a compelling interesting narrative in an open world game like AC in under 10 hours. You just can't do it. Both Rogue and Unity has short narratives. AC2 took me almost 20 hours to complete. Unity took me 10 and Rogue took me 6.

JonoLee
01-03-2015, 01:17 PM
I'll keep my issues with AC relatively short and concise

-AI is extremely unrealistic and stupid

-Combat system is outdated and aggravating

-Forced integration of multiplayer/apps/website interaction

-Microtransactions...really Ubisoft? This is an AAA title, not League of Legends or Clash of Clans. Including this feature is just spitting in your fans' faces. Charging $60 for a broken game and then on top of that, being slimy by including this BS?

-Game breaking bugs (only in Unity) left and right/performance issues

-The story in Unity was pathetic. Let's not even talk about modern day story because it's obvious Ubisoft just doesn't care anymore

Basically it boils down to one thing: Ubisoft cares only about the money these days.

EmptyCrustacean
01-03-2015, 04:06 PM
- The thing I dislike the most is being 'anonymous hero #3'. Like many others I want a modern day protagonist/story.
- There are a few other peeves. Like the only way to get more Helix credits is to use actual money. Uhmm... no Thanks, I already bought the game.
- The fact that the sequences are so sort. I remember in AC 2 being more than 3 memories within a sequence.

I do like Initiates though, but not how it's a requirement to unlock things in-game. (Pre 'update/re-make' Initiates was, for now at least, better then it is now. I miss the time-line)

Question;
Overarching narrative. I feel like I don't grasp the full meaning of that phrase. Can someone explain it?

Basically, what was the modern day story. It tied all the self contained stories together and gave them context hence the "overarching" bit.

EmptyCrustacean
01-03-2015, 04:10 PM
To add to my previous post:

- Story length. It's just too short. It's frankly impossible to tell a compelling interesting narrative in an open world game like AC in under 10 hours. You just can't do it. Both Rogue and Unity has short narratives. AC2 took me almost 20 hours to complete. Unity took me 10 and Rogue took me 6.

Arkham Asylum's main campaign only took 7 hours IIRC and that has a better story than Unity. Granted, characters like Batman and Joker are already pre-established in various media but it was still presented as if someone who had never heard of Batman could sink right into it.

EmptyCrustacean
01-03-2015, 04:22 PM

Yep, The Tournament and Women's March glitched for me so many times I had to restart them. It's bad enough that you have to play each co-op three times to unlock equipment (which is actually pretty useless when you're 5 a star Advanced Champion who has completed the main campaign) but you end up playing them about 6 times because of mission breaking bugs. On my last go on Women's March my game entirely crashed but the others' didn't so they were album to sabotage the canons causing me to complete the mission lol

bitebug2003
01-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Yep, The Tournament and Women's March glitched for me so many times I had to restart them. It's bad enough that you have to play each co-op three times to unlock equipment (which is actually pretty useless when you're 5 a star Advanced Champion who has completed the main campaign) but you end up playing them about 6 times because of mission breaking bugs. On my last go on Women's March my game entirely crashed but the others' didn't so they were album to sabotage the canons causing me to complete the mission lol

Three times already Arno sunk knee deep into the ground on starting the flag run - had to wait for the timer to expire to try again.

Mezuchan
01-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Basically, what was the modern day story. It tied all the self contained stories together and gave them context hence the "overarching" bit.

Thank you ^^ People like you help me improve my English. Now that I fully understand it, I can add the recent lack of overarching narrative to my list of things I don't like.

crusader_prophet
01-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Poor execution of everything

dargor5
01-04-2015, 03:58 AM
When runing from someone or trying to do a jump and your character desides to do something else insted of running like climbing a wall, that is very frustrating and has been there since ac1 till now.

The fact that almost every assassin story star tragically, was no one really born to the brotherhood like altair?

He modern sequences after AC 2 just got ridiculous, and when Desmond is fihting abstergo on AC3 was even more laughable than some action movies, and in unity modern sequence serve to pull you out of immersion, nothing else.

They jumped so many important time periods, AC may come to and end sooner than we think unless ubi decides to go back again or kill the franchise by having pure modern day games

SaintHedgehog
01-04-2015, 04:01 AM
The new AC games storyline are too short
Killing the Female NPC for cheap drama.
Lack to play leading female assassins - 1 female compare to 6 (not include the other hand handle games)

Jdeadevil
01-04-2015, 04:39 AM
If Elise dies, I won't be surprised due to everyone moaning about Ubisoft killing off women. Kind of like when two of my friends just spoilt Aeries death in Final Fantasy VII so it was an anticlimax. Not that I liked Aeries enough to feel for her anyway, unlike Tifa ironically. Anyway!

Everyone here has pretty much nailed it, so I don't really have much to say other than that I agree with 80% of opinions here. There was very little story and they obviously agreed with the miserable bastards who hated on the modern day story which was epic, especially in III where you get to play as Desmond in the modern day. I wish the whole Juno and Minerva thing was never introduced though, it really is a half-arsed plot. When Lucy explained to Desmond that the war his ancestor started was still around, that felt very down to earth, compared to "Metaphysical Godzilla is on the loose, so we're going to send you to France for some reason and never talk about this again" anyway.

And regarding game-play, firstly Ubisoft's greed has just killed the immersion of the game. Half the content in the game requires a currency that isn't rewarded in single player, you always need to play online or buy an app or create an account. The second problem isn't necessarily to do with the bugs and glitches, but I don't feel like I can play the game anymore without glitches completely ruining the experience. Last time I played it, Arno would get stuck constantly. How am I meant to enjoy something if I'm always crossing my fingers hoping the game doesn't break?