PDA

View Full Version : Please make Assassins Creed Games Longer

JustinMacri2013
01-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Hi i am Justin,

I like Assassins Creed i think it is a cool game we need Both Unity and Rouge longer like a DLC for Rouge like in Black Flack had a DLC for Freedom Cry why not a Templar version for Heythen "Edward"s Son we seen what he looked like as a boy why not see how he rises to toe Templars. Like was he kidnapped by them or what we can start it as a 30 to 40 gameplay story and see how that leads to everything. And Unity needs more DLC's the other game company just make more and more DLC's to make the game longer i think this is a good thing please add new things to these games.

Justin

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-01-2015, 09:18 AM
heythen is the new haymitch

king-hailz
01-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I agree that these games have been really short, however I would rather have a dlc in rogue where we get closure for previous characters like Connor eseosa Aveline shay etc...

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Agreed.

It's hard to create a memorable, enjoyable and interesting narrative when it's less than 10 hours.

Need more focus on the writing and less on the gimmicks

RinoTheBouncer
01-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I think the ideal game length was that of ACII. The game was really long and also very theatrical, very informative and very dedicated to the historical and the overarching stories. If you include the 2 DLC sequences 12 and 13 into ACII, that would be a PERFECT length for an AC game.

JustPlainQuirky
01-01-2015, 08:39 PM
I was actually fine with the length of Rogue. Short and to the point. No filler.

I agree that these games have been really short, however I would rather have a dlc in rogue where we get closure for previous characters like Connor eseosa Aveline shay etc...

want.

GunnerGalactico
01-01-2015, 08:42 PM
I would have to say that Rogue was a tad bit too short for my liking. However, I did do some of the side quests to prolong it.

EDIT:

^ This.

Perk89
01-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I think the ideal game length was that of ACII. The game was really long and also very theatrical, very informative and very dedicated to the historical and the overarching stories. If you include the 2 DLC sequences 12 and 13 into ACII, that would be a PERFECT length for an AC game.

Agreed. Rogue's length was borderline hilarious and I'm in the midst of playing Unity and feel as if I was probably would've been done days ago if it weren't for the side stuff.
I mean seriously, two-memory sequences?

LoyalACFan
01-01-2015, 09:08 PM
I actually think these games are usually pretty good in terms of length, it's just that Unity and Rogue were both ridiculously short. ACB and ACR were short too, but Ezio was already an established character so it was more forgivable. AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC4 were all fine in terms of length IMO, they were just poorly paced in some cases. I mean, AC3 is a long game, but it's frickin halfway over before Connor hits puberty.

Farlander1991
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I've spent like 60-70 hours in Unity and still haven't gotten through all the missions. In terms of main story, I really think that the size of ACIV is pretty much ideal. ACII is waaaaaaaaaay too much and too fillery. Unity's main story is ok length, actually (it may not have many missions in comparisons to other games, but each mission is pretty lengthy).

The problem is not really in the length of the story. It's about the whole game narrative.

For example, one of the things I dislike about Paris Stories is how half of them are essentially 'Gump stuff' - here's a historical character to interact with for a mission regarding to a thing that happened, byyyyye (though, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of Paris Stories that I really like as well). The only characters to be featured in non-coop side content from the main story are De Sade and Napoleon, and that's just for a few missions. And only Robespierre, I think, is mentioned a few times out of the antagonist side (though he's a bit more prominent in the coop stuff). There's a disconnect between main and side narratvie, they don't form something unifying, they're separate things, and that's kinda a problem, because side content could be used to both flesh out characters and some details regarding the main story. And, you know, even though I liked Unity's story, it would work a lot better with side content playing off of it rather than being separate. But there's no need to necessarily make the main story longer - that's not a solution in and on its own.

RADAR__4077
01-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Agreed.

It's hard to create a memorable, enjoyable and interesting narrative when it's less than 10 hours.

Need more focus on the writing and less on the gimmicks

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

What made assassin's creed great?

Apps? Websites? "Community" events?
Nope

The story.

I remember playing the games with my friends and being excited to talk to them about the story when I saw them. The games were memorable and exciting and I was pumped every time I got to play the next one because I wanted to see what happens next.

That was lost after they killed off Desmond and threw in faceless characters with no clear direction or motives.

I think it's obvious that there was a well thought out plan that was supposed to end with 3, but they decided to leave the story open ended so they could make more money. If this ship doesn't get back on course soon it's gonna sink.

Fatal-Feit
01-01-2015, 09:47 PM

II's story was very short and messy. It felt long because it was rich with redundant missions and fillers in its main sequences. i.e - Venice. Story wise, it missed a lot. The philosophy and Assassin's Creed became a huge backdrop. I mean, it was at sequence 14 that Ezio even became one with the Brotherhood and the Creed was finally spoken. And even then, he disobeyed the order and let Rodrigo live which lead up to Brotherhood.

The ideal length, for me, is IV's. It had the perfect balance and length of everything. It delivered on all aspects and stuck to the point. Every sequence was an entire new adventure that progressed the story, meaning, or ideology in some way or another. Not only did Edward develop, it tackled philosophy, the Assassin's Creed, the pirate's Creed, just about everything the game was trying to convey. And most importantly, its story was completed. You didn't need a Brotherhood sequel or DLC. I know its MD was a huge miss for you, but even for what it was, it was well paced and completed its own self-contained story.

Namikaze_17
01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Longer =/= Better

I enjoyed a shorter story in BF, than a longer one in AC2.

It's not the length, but what's in the story.

But to each its own I guess...if they make a longer story with the quality of AC1/3/4, I'd be fine.

RinoTheBouncer
01-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Agreed. Rogue's length was borderline hilarious and I'm in the midst of playing Unity and feel as if I was probably would've been done days ago if it weren't for the side stuff.
I mean seriously, two-memory sequences?

Yeah, the two-memory-only sequences were such a disappointment.

To me, at least, the length of a game or a movie are one of the most important factors. Of course, the pacing and the quality are super important, but waiting a whole year for a sequel to your favorite game or movie, only to finish the game in one day or the movie in 1 hour and 30 minutes is really disappointing.

Movies like The Hunger Games, for example make you so immersed with their story, world, events, visuals, characters and of course, it’s 2:20 hours length that makes you live inside the world of the movie. Same goes for games like Final Fantasy X on PS2 or Mass Effect 2 on PS3, which make you spend so much time inside their world that when you finish, you totally feel rewarded.

II's story was very short and messy. It felt long because it was rich with redundant missions and fillers in its main sequences. i.e - Venice. Story wise, it missed a lot. The philosophy and Assassin's Creed became a huge backdrop. I mean, it was at sequence 14 that Ezio even became one with the Brotherhood and the Creed was finally spoken. And even then, he disobeyed the order and let Rodrigo live which lead up to Brotherhood.

The ideal length, for me, is IV's. It had the perfect balance and length of everything. It delivered on all aspects and stuck to the point. Every sequence was an entire new adventure that progressed the story, meaning, or ideology in some way or another. Not only did Edward develop, it tackled philosophy, the Assassin's Creed, the pirate's Creed, just about everything the game was trying to convey. And most importantly, its story was completed. You didn't need a Brotherhood sequel or DLC. I know its MD was a huge miss for you, but even for what it was, it was well paced and completed its own self-contained story.

Call me biased, but whether Ezio obeyed the Creed or not is not the point here. The game was indeed long. You can use that length and fill it with different types of missions. I didn’t like the racing or the beat-up events nor winning the mask for the party, but the fact that so much was going on during Ezio’s trilogy was a big deal for me. I do miss modern day like crazy, but it’s not only that. The fact that we had First Civ. temples to visit, Clay’s Rifts and Glyphs and cliffhangers that kept me waiting till next year like a T.V. series was a really really big factor in making my adore the franchise.

The fact that now we only get self contained stories that are shorter than the previous ones and also lack any sort of connectivity or importance in the general arc and we’re just using the Animus because the game says so is huge disappointment. I know this isn’t the subject of the thread, but in terms of length in playtime, ACII was the longest and if you can a use that structure to implement more story-related missions and a story just as compelling as the Ezio trilogy, then we’l get the perfect AC.