PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only person who likes arno?

EmbodyingSeven5
12-31-2014, 06:02 PM
for some reason almost everyone on the forum hates Arno. I personally like both him and Elise's story and character.

he would probably be number 3 on my list of fav characters.

remember Connor wasn't well received either........

Don't hit me!

SixKeys
12-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Nope. He's my second favorite AC protagonist (after Alta´r).

Megas_Doux
12-31-2014, 06:05 PM
I like him, he VA was good too. It is the story surrounding him that I┤m NOT pretty fond of, though. The exact opposite reaction I had with Connor and AC III, in which I liked the story but not the protagonist due the his VA┤s poor performance.

rrebe
12-31-2014, 06:09 PM
I like him and Elise a lot too.
Yeah sure there was still room for character development, but overall I think he's a good character.

adventurewomen
12-31-2014, 06:15 PM
Just one thing I would like Arno if he had a French accent :p

JustPlainQuirky
12-31-2014, 06:16 PM
Don't worry, OP

*hand on shoulder*

We can find you help

And I already made my 324923749 page explanation as to why Arno is a terrible character so I'll stay my blade here.

ze_topazio
12-31-2014, 06:16 PM

What? you don't enjoy British accents in France?

adventurewomen
12-31-2014, 06:18 PM
What? you don't enjoy British accents in France?
Nope.. British accents during the French Revolution sound out of place.

rrebe
12-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Now that I'm replaying the missions I changed the spoken language to French. I kind of like it better this way than having a French accent.

adventurewomen
12-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Now that I'm replaying the missions I changed the spoken language to French. I kind of like it better this way than having a French accent.
Good idea! I'll have to try this I just got to keep the subtitles English :p

Codarsnacht
12-31-2014, 06:24 PM
I can only tolerate him.

A character can only be as good as the story allows them to be.

That is why all characters in Unity are in some way poor, forgettable, lacking, etc -- because the story is.

GunnerGalactico
12-31-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't really mind the British accents. Sometimes I could hear, Arno saying a few words or phrases in French.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 06:25 PM
I like Arno but I don't like his arc. There is a difference:

- No character development. We never ever get to play as the man he supposedly becomes at the very, very end.
- His story is cliche redemption/revenge. Yawn.
- He keeps referencing the core Assassin skills like stealth and name dropping Assassins like Altair but he never seems to care about the actual ideology of the creed itself.
- Ubisoft promised us that his relationship with Elise would be problematic because he is an Assassin and she is a Templar. However, this never held back their relationship at all because neither of them ever seemed commited to their Orders. They are an Assassin and Templar in name only.
- He doesn't seem to have any problem with the Templar Order as an ideology rather tha as people. Even CONNOR had that.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Don't worry, OP

*hand on shoulder*

We can find you help

And I already made my 324923749 page explanation as to why Arno is a terrible character so I'll stay my blade here.

Do share. I'd be interested to hear it. :)

Bleem7
12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
These two had SOOO much more potential.

Alas, like everyone knows the storyline ruined everything.

And Elise is no more. lulz how did dat happen again

But Arno is actually not as bad to me as to some people here, just lacked development.

SearStingray157
12-31-2014, 07:00 PM
I like him too, although the British accent does seem out of place in the French revolution.
Has anyone noticed that the voice that says "hello Arno" sounds just like Simon Cowell ? :)

king-hailz
12-31-2014, 07:52 PM
I couldn't give two sh*ts about the characters because the plot was so meh! They look nice but... that's all they have going for them... I REALLY HATED ALL THE VA's! I didn't like Noah Watts at all either but this is just bad... its the most over the top annoying British accent ever, and having the game be in France doesn't help in the slightest! The funny thing is, is that Elise sounded like someone who has a french accent trying to do an English accent! It's just pathetic!

Altair1789
12-31-2014, 07:52 PM
I liked his voice actor, and I think he had so much potential. Sadly, Ubisoft killed it.

I wanted him to be an actual assassin, not just Elise's slave. He didn't even sympathize with the assassins, which is what made me dislike him. Hell, if he was a templar, I'd like him more because he wouldn't just be using the faction to get revenge on Germain

bitebug2003
12-31-2014, 08:39 PM
I like him too - he's my 3rd favourite after Ezio and Edward

Journey95
12-31-2014, 10:31 PM
no one is going to hit you lol
but I think he is the worst protagonist in the series so far (except Aveline maybe)

Shahkulu101
12-31-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm sort of ambivalent towards him, but lean towards liking him. Sure, he lacks a lot of development but I liked him as a person -- I found him genuinely funny thanks to a great acting performance and could empathize with him due to his sentimental side brought out by his fathers death. On the other hand, he's not the most distinct character in the world and appears tailor made to be the next 'Ezio'. As in, a likable character who garner's lots of fans. I actually don't think he and Ezio are that much alike, Arno's more sarcastic whereas Ezio is a playful Casanova.

HDinHB
01-01-2015, 12:33 AM
I don't dislike Arno, I just didn't get a chance to like him either. I feel like Connor had more screen time than Arno did, and Haytham stole 1/3 of his game. Maybe Dead Kings will help.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-01-2015, 12:58 AM
He is the same as all the other ones. But overall I love this game and the CO-OP.

PHStriaghtEdge
01-01-2015, 03:39 PM
No I LOVE Arno. He is the assassin in the series most like myself, and he's like a mixture of Altair and Ezio with a twist. I don't get the hate either, people just don't understand him or give him a chance because he is 'Ezio v 2.0'. I actually prefer him as a character to Ezio, the only reason I'd put Ezio above him is because he had 3 games on him while others like Altair and Arno only had one.

SixKeys
01-01-2015, 03:43 PM
No I LOVE Arno. He is the assassin in the series most like myself, and he's like a mixture of Altair and Ezio with a twist. I don't get the hate either, people just don't understand him

It starts. Oh man, I can't wait until the rabid Connor fans read this. :rolleyes:

MasterAssasin84
01-01-2015, 05:46 PM
I dont dislike Arno I just think the way his story was executed very badly ! which is a shame because Long have I been waiting for an Assassins Creed to take part in the French Revolution I would say his mechanics and combat style is a fresh change but at the moment i am not as taken by him as I was Connor or Edward.

At the moment I'm 50 50 with him .

Pandassin
01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
I love Arno, he's my 2nd favourite Assassin (after Edward). He was funny and sarcastic which made him enjoyable, however I do agree we didn't get enough screen time with him so hopefully Dead Kings will show more.

MasterAssasin84
01-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Nope.. British accents during the French Revolution sound out of place.

Whilst I absolutely agree with you that the accents of the geographical setting should have been paramount cast you mind back to AC1 ?

Desmond did actually challenge Lucy about Altair's Accent and dialect and she stated that expect some inaccuracies the way the Animus is translating the ancestors language .

But agreed Arno should have had a french accent ? They managed to give Ezio and Italian accent and you could very much hear Edward was welshman .

UnionJack54
01-01-2015, 08:04 PM
http://smardoiescu.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/young_ezio_auditore_by_costa_geablader-d2zlvwl1.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140903192639/totalwar-ar/images/2/26/Arno-Victor_Dorian.png

Case closed. It's ezio

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 09:14 PM
No, you're not. I liked Arno a lot too. He's actually a human version of AC II's boring Ezio. My problems go beyond his character.

Megas_Doux
01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
But agreed Arno should have had a french accent ? They managed to give Ezio and Italian accent and you could very much hear Edward was welshman .

Half italian here, native speaker too and I can say italian felt like this in game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY

It was bad and cliche mostly the likes of the loud mouthed living stereotypes of Cesare Borgia, Savonarola, Francesco de Pazzi, and Bartolomeo d'Alviano that yealed 50% of their lines......

Back on topic.

I like Arno, his VA was good it is Unity┤s story I am not pretty fond of though.