PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Draw Distance fix

stellenbosch
12-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Go to Documents-Assassins Creed Unity-ACU Config settings.
Open with notepad.Change EnvironmentQuality=4
TextureQuality=4
ShadowQuality=4
ReflectionQuality=4
CharacterQuality=4
Tessellation=0 to =1
Remember to go to properties and mark read only.Save and launch game
This fix help me with draw distance,pop ins,fps,stuttering.Hope this work for u(GTX780)

Here is a full list of my ACU Config file
[Graphics]
AdapterVendorID=4318
AdapterDeviceID=4100
MonitorDesc=
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
RefreshRate=144
WindowMode=1
VSync=0
Stretching=0
EnvironmentQuality=4
TextureQuality=4
ShadowQuality=4
ReflectionQuality=4
CharacterQuality=4
SSAO=2
Bloom=1
AntiAliasingMode=1 NB Keep this at 1.Tried it on 3 and the draw distance was awful.Use FXAA in game
Tessellation=1

johnsmith145
12-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Will let you know how it works for me when I get home!

Edit:

lol nope

http://i.imgur.com/UQU63A9.png (http://i.imgur.com/N4bCYap.jpg)

BlackLord049
12-31-2014, 05:37 PM
I wonder how changing basic graphic settings will do the trick.
Stuttering coud only be fixed with a patch, like many other things (SLI flickering, etc).

Lasa80
12-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Go to Documents-Assassins Creed Unity-ACU Config settings.
Open with notepad.Change EnvironmentQuality=4
TextureQuality=4
ShadowQuality=4
ReflectionQuality=4
CharacterQuality=4
Tessellation=0 to =1
Remember to go to properties and mark read only.Save and launch game
This fix help me with draw distance,pop ins,fps,stuttering.Hope this work for u(GTX780)

Are you sure this is working?
There are no such lines in the ACU config file like ReflectionQuality or CharacterQuality.

Btw in my file the environmentquality was 2, the textureQuality was 1, and tessellation was 0. I modified all to 4. Tessellation 0 to 1 ofc. Made the file read only.
Launched the game, and checked the graphics settings and noting changed. i checked the file again and all value is 4. Tessellation 1.
Are you sure the game use this ini file? Because for example the max value for the shadow and the texture is 2, for reflection 3. So the value 4 is not working.

Fatal-Feit
12-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Sir, we will have babies if this work. Will test momentarily!

stellenbosch
12-31-2014, 06:06 PM
Are you sure this is working?
There are no such lines in the ACU config file like ReflectionQuality or CharacterQuality.

Btw in my file the environmentquality was 2, the textureQuality was 1, and tessellation was 0. I modified all to 4. Tessellation 0 to 1 ofc. Made the file read only.
Launched the game, and checked the graphics settings and noting changed. i checked the file again and all value is 4. Tessellation 1.
Are you sure the game use this ini file? Because for example the max value for the shadow and the texture is 2, for reflection 3. So the value 4 is not working.

That's funny because ReflectionQuality and CharacterQuality was in my config file.Try adding those two manually.U can keep shadow and texture at 2(see if it makes a difrence).As I said it work for me.PS Don't change any in game graphics.U can also go to ubisoft and do a verify file

Fatal-Feit
12-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Nope, nothing changed for me.

YazX_
12-31-2014, 10:29 PM
This will not work, draw distance is hardcoded in game and cannot be changed with configs, Ubisoft should change it at the rendering level of object and increase the draw distance or at least add it to graphics options so one can choose per his hardware.

P.S: Tessellation is not implemented yet and changing this value will not affect anything.

stellenbosch
12-31-2014, 10:47 PM
This will not work, draw distance is hardcoded in game and cannot be changed with configs, Ubisoft should change it at the rendering level of object and increase the draw distance or at least add it to graphics options so one can choose per his hardware.

P.S: Tessellation is not implemented yet and changing this value will not affect anything.

It worked for me,or I did something else to make it work.Just hopes it stays that way

Altair1789
01-01-2015, 03:31 AM
I hope Ubi fixes this soon

Wrath2Zero
01-01-2015, 03:40 AM
People expect too much ,even Crysis 1 had bad texture quality distance due to texture streaming and controlling VRAM. It's just a bad idea to have high quality textures drawn at long distance

Slewner
01-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The draw distance issue with the LODs is a DX11 issue. I don't think it's ever going to get fixed.

YazX_
01-02-2015, 12:55 AM
The draw distance issue with the LODs is a DX11 issue. I don't think it's ever going to get fixed.

well its not specific to DX11, AC series always had low draw distance even on Dx9, not sure about AC1 and AC2 since it has been a while since i played them (need to relaunch and check), but i launched ACB, ACR, AC3, ACL, AC4 and ACU recently and all of them have the same issue with pop-ins and textures filling.

This is related to the rendering mechanism of Anvil Engine, i hope we could have a draw distance option in future so one can change it per his preference.

johnsmith145
01-02-2015, 01:26 AM
They might be able to relatively easily port the game to DX12 when it releases. They did it for AC1 (DX9-10) Though I strongly doubt they'll do the same with ACU. They haven't even included the tessellation update yet.

Slewner
01-02-2015, 01:30 AM
well its not specific to DX11, AC series always had low draw distance even on Dx9, not sure about AC1 and AC2 since it has been a while since i played them (need to relaunch and check), but i launched ACB, ACR, AC3, ACL, AC4 and ACU recently and all of them have the same issue with pop-ins and textures filling.

This is related to the rendering mechanism of Anvil Engine, i hope we could have a draw distance option in future so one can change it per his preference.

I don't recall a single AC game that had the ridiculous NPC clothing pop-in and the inconsistent PS2 detail LODs that Unity suffers from, and I just played AC2 and AC4 yesterday too.

See this post for comparisons: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/950438-Unity-s-Building-Texture-Draw-Distance-is-Woefully-Low?p=10342030&viewfull=1#post10342030

What's more disconcerting is that LODs at the same distance will load inconsistently.
See: https://i.imgur.com/pHzS7NO.jpg
http://uppix.com/f-roof546e2d140018062a.jpg

This leads me to believe that DX11 simply can't handle the number of draw calls being requested, and so it drops a good deal of them.

That's exactly the problem detailed in this article.

http://wccftech.com/ubisoft-points-finger-amd-technical-bugs-assassins-creed-unity/

The game (in its current state) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

XxShadexX
09-07-2018, 03:09 AM
Hey so old thread I know, but I have to say thanks! the instructions actually did make a huge difference in the rendering distance. I'm wondering if anyone else read that they should reduce AA to 1 or it remains garbage. It is a shame that Ubisoft's answer to poor optimization was to just neuter the game as a quick fix, hopefully with the advent of better hardware they could re-enable the games more impressive launch graphics.

OGGeneralTso
04-25-2019, 03:22 AM
2019 I can confirm this method works great. Still looks like eh but wayyyyy better than vanilla.