PDA

View Full Version : Arcade mode

Salfordian
07-13-2004, 08:36 AM
This is a bit of a newb question, but in a couple of recent threads I've seen a number of people mentioning enabling arcade mode. I've seen the line in the conf file to do this, and I was just wondering what this does exactly in the game?

Salfordian
07-13-2004, 08:36 AM
This is a bit of a newb question, but in a couple of recent threads I've seen a number of people mentioning enabling arcade mode. I've seen the line in the conf file to do this, and I was just wondering what this does exactly in the game?

badatit
07-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Set it to 1 in the config .ini then...create a test mission in the FMB...spawn an aircraft, ease up to the control tower (or , place object #61 in front of your A/C on the runway), and blast it with your weapons. The bullet marks will appear as white circles, and will remain for a bit.
It's very useful for sighting in your guns.
You can get a good look at your shot groups, spread, etc.

This is the only thing I've used it for.

Salfordian
07-14-2004, 09:00 AM
theanks badatit, I might have a mess about with this to see which conversion to set my guns at

LW_lcarp
07-14-2004, 02:05 PM
then you get to see things like this...

http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v120/lcarp/PinCushion.jpg

"If winning isnt everything why do they keep score"
Vince Lombardi

Slight9999
07-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Is the red bullets bouncing off of the plane??? And whats the blue indicate?

LeadSpitter_
07-14-2004, 03:05 PM
for russias next trick watch delta wood come through the atmosphere unharmed.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

Gibbage1
07-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Each one of those marks is a red arrow with a blue tail to show you the direction of the projectile as it hit a surface. The reason for the blossum effect is the Yak was hit by HE shells that creat shrapnal in all directions. The game tracks the shrapnal fragments from every exploding HE round. The arrows pointing forward are most likley AP rounds or MG grounds as they pass through the back going forward.

Gib

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slight9999:
Is the red bullets bouncing off of the plane??? And whats the blue indicate?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MajorBloodnok
07-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Just to add that the arrows show the direction of the projectile that hit the target; they don't necessarily mean that your bullets have passed right through the plane. BTW in arcade mode you sometimes get speech bubbles appearing from enemy cockpits, e.g. RTBing! I'm on Fire! etc. I seem to recall that it even tells you when you get a head shot on an enemy pilot. Very UT.

------------------------------
Founder Member and Official Sporran Wearer of the EuroTrolls
Spouting evil commie brain-rot at, er, well Imperialists mainly, since like 1977, you know, when Star Wars came out?

Salfordian
07-15-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks all for the explanation, I wondered where everyone was getting them screenshots from showing all the hits.