PDA

View Full Version : ACU Performance Issues

howartthou
12-30-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I run ACU on a PC with a Geforce Gtx 660 graphics card.

When I bought ACU as a set of CD's I found that Uplay forces the install of patch 4, yet ACU performance has degraded with patch 4. Is there a way to uninstall patch 4, and if not why not? Installing a patch should be a choice and not mandatory. It seems Ubisoft is not adhering to Microsoft's standards for being able to uninstall updates. If I am correct please explain why this should not be remedied.

Also, FYI, I found that with patch 4 as long as I do not use fast travel performance is acceptable. However, if I fast travel just once performance degrades to the point where the game is unplayable. So why is fast travel degrading to performance?

Finally, please understand that my graphics card is massive, it has 2 giant fans, takes up 2 motherboard slots, and is longer than the motherboard itself in length. So I expect to be able to run ACU in 1080p without performance issues. ACU should have been designed to run in 1080p on slightly outdated graphic cards and PC's and then ramp up on resources when all the graphic options are set to the max. So I see this whole performance issue as a Ubisoft problem given that Black Flag runs fine on my PC with good peformance.

Megas_Doux
12-30-2014, 06:14 AM
I hate the state in which Ubi released the game, a complete shame considering that I like it, all those malfunctions with initiates and such. My PC is able to run Dragon Age: Inquisition and Shadow of Mordor in an average of 60 frames per second, whereas Unity goes 40-45.

The game is now playable -for me at least- and even though I did not experience that much ordeal, I completely understand those screaming in agony.

IcePod
12-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Very much the same with PS4... Like they didn't even bother to beta test... AT ALL..!

All the junk floating in mid air for no reason (I was making screen shots... but they were everywhere)... People just drop into the scene from the sky... Almost more fun making video clips of bugs than playing the game (in a sad way)... Then some not so funny- like stepping into the ground, up to your knees- "At the start of a Co-Op event", helplessly frozen in place"... before and after patch 4.

Patch 4 seems to be degrading the game more and more every day... for PS4, graphics of the floor in your club hallway (just outside the green money box) were slightly fazing in and out (fixed), but now doors that open don't highlight- same with targets... Hell, you might even have to drop and hang to do a flying assassination (blind).

Co-Op the Tournament (one I froze in the ground after stepping off the platform to begin the race)... well the navigation is a little off to make it harder (like you can't seem to just climb up a ladder)... Some of that seems to sticks with you after the event... your camera will just swing on its own when it wants to... press buttons to go one way- nothing happens- go another way- and you end up going where you wanted to go in the first place.

And what about aiming a ranged weapon..? miss fires in cover... and why is the camera on back of my head..?

The wind really started escaping the sails for me as soon as I saw "blending on a bench" (with no way to get a target to come anywhere near you) is a "skill".

Then there's my first ever "season pass".

Here's an idea for you- what about a falcon attack, baiting birds to do damage.

Stand alone graphics are the best... Co-Op for PS4 could have been... I should go see if the game will connect to the network again.

JonoLee
12-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I run ACU on a PC with a Geforce Gtx 660 graphics card.

When I bought ACU as a set of CD's I found that Uplay forces the install of patch 4, yet ACU performance has degraded with patch 4. Is there a way to uninstall patch 4, and if not why not? Installing a patch should be a choice and not mandatory. It seems Ubisoft is not adhering to Microsoft's standards for being able to uninstall updates. If I am correct please explain why this should not be remedied.

Also, FYI, I found that with patch 4 as long as I do not use fast travel performance is acceptable. However, if I fast travel just once performance degrades to the point where the game is unplayable. So why is fast travel degrading to performance?

Finally, please understand that my graphics card is massive, it has 2 giant fans, takes up 2 motherboard slots, and is longer than the motherboard itself in length. So I expect to be able to run ACU in 1080p without performance issues. ACU should have been designed to run in 1080p on slightly outdated graphic cards and PC's and then ramp up on resources when all the graphic options are set to the max. So I see this whole performance issue as a Ubisoft problem given that Black Flag runs fine on my PC with good peformance.

All you need to know about AC: Unity is that TotalBiscuit couldn't even make a "WTF is..." for AC: Unity because there were too many bugs/glitches. Just a pathetic product all around.

howartthou
12-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback. I guess we will all be waiting for patch 5 in 2015.

I am hoping that Ubisoft will answer the 2 questions I posed originally:

1. For a PC can we uninstall a patch? If not, why not?

2. Is Ubisoft aware that after using "fast travel" performance is severely degraded.?