PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Music?

RichChatter
12-30-2014, 03:36 AM
I've been enjoying this game thus far. The game world is stunning and maybe one of my favorites of any game ever and the missions pretty fun. But 35% into the game something has struck me... and not for the better. Where in the world is all the music in this game?! Before I bought this I was very tempted to listen to the soundtrack first, but wanted to be surprised when I actually played. Only now to be disappointed because I have heard near nothing of it. Really, the only music I can recall is ONCE (YES, ONE TIME!) when I was in the main menu. AND IT WAS GLORIOUS. But I have not heard anything of it since. Honestly I've heard an NPC playing a violin or singing more than I've heard the soundtrack. This is really disappointing to me. Is it a bug? I have my music set to maximum in the options. Or is it really just not there? I miss the days of ambient music, chase music or just music SOMEWHERE. When do I actually get to hear that soundtrack?!

Altair1789
12-30-2014, 03:41 AM
It sucks, Unity is one of the AC games that lacks ambient music while freerunning. There's fighting music though

If there's no music in the missions, your music level is definitely turned to 0

JustPlainQuirky
12-30-2014, 03:44 AM
AC Unity's soundtrack is terrible anyway so you're hardly missing out

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-30-2014, 03:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

RichChatter
12-30-2014, 04:15 AM
AC Unity's soundtrack is terrible anyway so you're hardly missing out

That's pretty subjective. I'll hold judgement until ya know, I've actually heard it. If only it were in game.

LoyalACFan
12-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Unity's sound design in general was freaking awful.

SixKeys
12-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Does Rogue have ambient music, BTW?

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Does Rogue have ambient music, BTW?

Yes, but it's pretty subtle. You'll often hear Ezio's Family theme echoing in NY.

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm having some subtile ambient music in Unity as well. At least in some moments like when you're climbing a high point or on roofs. I don't know if it's combat music I'm stuck with or if they really added some ambient music afterwards. But it sounds way to calm for combat.

rrebe
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm having some subtile ambient music in Unity as well. At least in some moments like when you're climbing a high point or on roofs. I don't know if it's combat music I'm stuck with or if they really added some ambient music afterwards. But it sounds way to calm for combat.

I've heard some ambient music at the cafe theatre courtyard.

I don't actually mind the lack of ambient music this time. The city itself is so noisy that it could easily be too much if music was added to the mix (but that's just my opinion)

Namikaze_17
12-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Soundtrack is meh anyway...

So it hardly matters.

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Soundtrack is meh anyway...

So it hardly matters.
I like it. It's not ACIII, ACIV or Revelations good, but it isn't 'meh' at all for me.

edit: I could have added ACII and Brotherhood as well. Jeez, they are all awesome. AC soundtracks are among the best game soundtracks.

Namikaze_17
12-30-2014, 01:05 PM
I like it. It's not ACIII, ACIV or Revelations good, but it isn't 'meh' at all for me.

edit: I could have added ACII and Brotherhood as well. Jeez, they are all awesome. AC soundtracks are among the best game soundtracks.

Yeah, Soundtracks from the recent games have been great.

Though they kinda took a hit this year it seems.

But hey, it happens. ;)

EDIT: ACII's is good but a bit overrated. Brotherhood's is meh. I love the soundtrack in Revelations though. :D

GunnerGalactico
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Almost everything is copy/paste and recycled in Rogue. I didn't quite find a track that was at least memorable. :nonchalance:

Namikaze_17
12-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Almost everything is copy/paste and recycled in Rogue. I didn't quite find a track that was at least memorable. :nonchalance:

"I Am Shay Patrick Cormac" is good. :)

And some of the more ambient tracks are decent.

But they got NOTHING on the previous games.

GunnerGalactico
12-30-2014, 02:16 PM
"I Am Shay Patrick Cormac" is good. :)

And some of the more ambient tracks are decent.

But they got NOTHING on the previous games.

I did enjoy some of the ambient tracks. That was just about it, though.