PDA

View Full Version : How do I restart a mission in this freakin game? (Unity Questiom)

Perk89
12-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Hello all.

have been playing through Unity the past couple days and recently took up a quest to kill (or something) Denis Molinier. After arriving at my destination and doing some snooping. I'm instructed that I have to lift a key off of him. The problem, however, is that the man has evaporated off the face of the earth, and the only remaining trace of his existence is a marker where he used to be.

frustrated but figuring whatever-I'll simply restart the mission and get this out of the way to I can get back to the fun stuff.
what would is take me by surprise, however, is the next half hour I would spend attempting to locate a "Restart Mission" option.
i tried shutting the game off, leaving the area, starting new missions, but alas, nothing worked. I'm stuck unable to complete the mission which simply, for whatever immersion shattering and lunatical reason elects only to freeze in a pocket of time and space when I elect to no longer "track " (or whatever) it and go do other things.

surely I'm missing something. Surely. There is no way they would remove the ability to restart a mission..... Would they?

Someone help me out please..?

beastrock18
12-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Other people seem to have encountered the same bug. See here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954466-Flamel-s-Secret-Glitch?highlight=flamel

Unfortunately, that thread doesn't have an answer as to how to restart the mission. From my own experience, I don't think you can restart side missions (which is kind of crazy) so you may be out of luck. The "track" function seems to just mark objectives on your screen, so that probably won't help.

Undertakecare
12-30-2014, 12:08 AM
I can only give a hint about XBox One. In the in-game menu there is "Load last checkpoint" and "Cancel sequence" (or similar, I got german version). You need to scroll down.

Perk89
12-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I'll give it a shot when able, appreciated.

I just don't understand what they were thinking with some of these design decisions.

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 12:24 AM
I believe Paris Stories really can't be restarted/aborted. You just can untrack it, which probably won't help much.

ze_topazio
12-30-2014, 12:26 AM
You need to pay more for that.

Perk89
12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
I believe Paris Stories really can't be restarted/aborted. You just can untrack it, which probably won't help much.

Then I'm still unable to play whatever missions follow it or 100% the game.