PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to improve CO-OP for Victory and so on.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2014, 06:54 PM
[THIS IS NOT ANOTHER HATE THREAD, THERE ARE PLENTY; CRITICISMS AND COMPLAINTS ARE ENCOURAGED, BUT NOT RANTS]

CO-OP have been one of my favorite things to to in Unity, however, it just feels very bare-bones. Like, VERY bare-bones. It plays fairly well, and it's pretty unique for what it is, but it's far from perfect. --It's the Titanfall of twitch shooters. I'm certain many of you feel the same way so let's offer some suggestions for the next game.

Here are what I want for the next game.

1. PC exclusive - An in-game chat system. -> Something like in MMOs and most other MP games, specifically shooters like Titanfall and Battlefield. Press T or ENTER to type whatever during the lobby or session. This is something CO-OP desperately need. I'm sorry but Uplay just does not work. It's slow, causes stuttering, and it blocks the entire screen. With 4 players in a party chat, it often takes about 30 seconds to a minute to open up or close. Literally. Sometimes it just crashes and I can't get back into my game.

2. Loadouts. -> I'm surprise this haven't made a return from adversarial MP. Pimping up our own unique Assassin is the idea, cool, but how about more than one style? Different missions calls for different style of play. ie: I like using the Military Set during a 5 star Heist because it provides a lot of Phantom Blades, or a Medieval Set for the maximum health bonuses for sessions like the Tournament which requires combat. Having to keep going back and changing our attire, piece by peace, each time can get rather annoying.

3. A mission/map creator -> Something like in Far Cry, GTA, or Halo would just be awesome. Pure orgasmic. Just imagine; you and your friends racing through a parkour course that takes you all the way to the clouds and having to do a leap or faith that's 10x the length of Notre Dame for the finish line.

johnsmith145
12-29-2014, 09:30 PM
1. Yes. Having to wait 10 sec for the otherwise redundant Uplay overlay caused a lot of grief.

2. Nah, I really think they went over the top with customization in general. The main focus of an AC game should be the story. If they keep the vast customization system in Victory, sure, but I really think they shouldn't, as it takes time and effort away from more important things.

3. I'm all for it if they can come up with a good canon for it. I'd be happy if they just included more missions.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2014, 09:52 PM
I'd be happy if they just included more missions.

Balancing the heist rewards would be neat. They went a little over the top with the 5 star ones, especially since they're easy. :p

Green_Reaper
12-30-2014, 03:28 AM
1. PC exclusive - An in-game chat system. -> Something like in MMOs and most other MP games, specifically shooters like Titanfall and Battlefield. Press T or ENTER to type whatever during the lobby or session. This is something CO-OP desperately need. I'm sorry but Uplay just does not work. It's slow, causes stuttering, and it blocks the entire screen. With 4 players in a party chat, it often takes about 30 seconds to a minute to open up or close. Literally. Sometimes it just crashes and I can't get back into my game.

This would be so welcome. Either that, or they need to get some people working on improving Uplay, because after all these years it's still not up to par with many of its counterparts.

Also, some kind of VOIP feature in-game for voice chat.

2. Nah, I really think they went over the top with customization in general. The main focus of an AC game should be the story. If they keep the vast customization system in Victory, sure, but I really think they shouldn't, as it takes time and effort away from more important things.

I wouldn't want them to do away with customization, that was one thing I love about Unity and have always wanted before it was announced. A company like Ubisoft, I'm sure they wouldn't have much problems just getting a equal amount of attention on all parts of the game - whether it's multiplayer, singleplayer, story, etc. They just need to figure out how to do it right.

fenris19892
01-03-2015, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2l96w7tw5s the co-op mission type that NEEDs to be implemented after adding an in-game voice chat feature.I mean really if they did this ubisoft would redeem themselves in my eyes if they got it working properly.

strigoi1958
01-04-2015, 10:37 AM
definitely a planning stage before the mission/ heist with a map.

Mini games like the fastest 100% bonus heist in the group each week or most double, triple or even quadruple kills in a week.... any extras where teams can win something even if they do not win the competition that week.

strigoi1958
01-04-2015, 04:25 PM
And a message board in the club house so you can see other members ideas, tips, helpful info and they can post when they will be online etc....