PDA

View Full Version : Unity WTF

PaigeRich
12-29-2014, 05:28 PM
The game arrived today and already I've had 2 major problems!

First I couldn't progress past the first memory of killing the assassin. It said to delete the corrupted save which I did and then it worked, but now Arno had just been accused of killing de la Serre and the game suddenly said "Installing" and it's stuck on 46% despite the fact I've already played up to this point and my ps4 says all downloads are complete.

Somebody really doesn't want me to play this game!!

What do I do?

Mr_Shade
12-29-2014, 05:43 PM
The game arrived today and already I've had 2 major problems!

First I couldn't progress past the first memory of killing the assassin. It said to delete the corrupted save which I did and then it worked, but now Arno had just been accused of killing de la Serre and the game suddenly said "Installing" and it's stuck on 46% despite the fact I've already played up to this point and my ps4 says all downloads are complete.

Somebody really doesn't want me to play this game!!

What do I do?Hi,

You need to wait for the game to fully download.

The notification from the PS4 about the download being 'complete' - maybe just the initial 7GB download - which allows you to start playing.

You need to check that the full download is completed.

If you have a Digital Download copy of Assassin's Creed Unity and are unable to progress past Sequence 1, Memory 3, then the game has not finished installing yet.

The following steps will allow you to get a more accurate picture of the installation status of your game:
From the Ps4 main menu, please highlight your game and press the Options button on the controller
In the new menu, select information
This will bring you to a new screen giving you more detailed information about the game, including a download progress status, which will show you the progress of the download of the complete game.

If the game has not fully downloaded, this is the reason for being unable to progress past Sequence 1, Memory 3.

Once the game has finished downloading completely, you should be able to progress past that point.

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/47/4043/i-cannot-play-past-the-sequence-1-memory-3/kA030000000eitKCAQ

This is normal and not a fault with the game, just how the PS4 handles installs of digitial games with the 'Play Now' feature - which allows you to start the game before it's fully downloaded.

PaigeRich
12-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks for replying!

I have looked at the information and there is nothing about download status. It has parental controls, last update, size, version and voice operation and in the notification menu of the PS4 is says Assassin's Creed Unity Update File is installed (3 hours ago) but I still can't progress past this point :( it's only gone up 1% in since it first came across it :/

aL_____eX
12-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Just to be clear, is it a digital download or disc? I guess it's on disc since you can't see the download status.

PaigeRich
12-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Right, sorry! It is on disc yes :)

aL_____eX
12-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Hmm... so there is this 'cool feature' the PS4 has which allows you to play a game to a certain point, like 2 or 3 mission in (that's the initial installation) and then stop you until the rest of the game is installed. That can take some time. Like Shade said before, just let it fully install and don't abort the installation.