PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed Unity strange launch problems

BadManConz69
12-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Ok so i recently got a gtx 970 for my rig and i bought acu and downloaded it to the playable state i played it a bot tried it out and it ran great I then exited the game and continued downloading it after the game had fully downloaded it launched the game i got on the title screen then my computer suddenly turned off i kept repeating the process but still the same outcome my computer just turning off so i tried another game i tried tomb raider and ran on the highest setting no problem what so ever this is a problem with the game please could i have some help from anybody who has an idea as to why this is happening

YazX_
12-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Hello,

What do you mean by your computer turned off? restart or fully shutdown? or do you mean the game is crashing?

Please post system specs and OS as well.

BadManConz69
12-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello,

What do you mean by your computer turned off? restart or fully shutdown? or do you mean the game is crashing?

Please post system specs and OS as well.

Os-Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
CPU-AMD A8 6600K with radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4CPUs) 3.9GHz
RAM-8GB 8192mb
MotherBoard- MSI MS-7721
GPU-Palit GTX970 4G
Hardrive-1TB Samsung
PSU-700W Alpine

And just fully shuts down as soon as I get on the title screen and 100% its not a game crash

YazX_
12-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Shutdown reasons are caused by programmed ones like CPU is overheating and that causes the PC to shutdown for protection, PSU failed to deliver the necessary power, PSU is unstable and surges which cause the mainboard to turn off your PC for protection or bad mainboard, so one thing comes to my mind is to get your hands on another good rated PSU (80 PLUS) in order to test it out. to be honest, your PSU is one of the worst PSUs available on the market and i wouldnt be surprised if its causing this issue.

Any error or crash comes from any software will either crash the software itself without affecting windows or in worst case causes windows to crash due to drivers fault but not shutdown. so check for crash dumps inside c:\windows\minidump and see if there is any windows crash dump there, if not, then its something to do with hardware.

BadManConz69
12-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Shutdown reasons are caused by programmed ones like CPU is overheating and that causes the PC to shutdown for protection, PSU failed to deliver the necessary power, PSU is unstable and surges which cause the mainboard to turn off your PC for protection or bad mainboard, so one thing comes to my mind is to get your hands on another good rated PSU (80 PLUS) in order to test it out. to be honest, your PSU is one of the worst PSUs available on the market and i wouldnt be surprised if its causing this issue.

Any error or crash comes from any software will either crash the software itself without affecting windows or in worst case causes windows to crash due to drivers fault but not shutdown. so check for crash dumps inside c:\windows\minidump and see if there is any windows crash dump there, if not, then its something to do with hardware.

Thank you for the help

YazX_
12-29-2014, 01:07 PM
You are welcome and let me know if you need further help :)