PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain player level?

ziggurcat
12-29-2014, 07:59 AM
So... The game tells you that it's based on your lowest gear rating, correct?

if that's true, why is my player level stuck at 3 diamonds? My lowest gear item is my 4 diamond pistol. Everything else is 5 diamonds. Based on what the game told me, my player level should be 4 diamonds. What am I missing?

Kandy140
12-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Your unlocked skills are also a contributing factor, I think.

Jackdaw951
12-29-2014, 11:15 PM
The gear-statue's level is based on your worst gear item. If by "player level" you mean what's displayed at the top-left of the HUD, that depends on something else, I think your number of kills. Perhaps the difficulty level of the killed enemies matters too--I don't know. You can check this level in the training room. (Go to the yellow glowy vertical rectangles.) It will tell you all the ranks and how many points it takes for each one. You'll also see where you are in the progression. I'm at Elite Officer, with 5 gold diamonds, but I'm not even a quarter of the way to the top rank (which is depressing).

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 12:14 AM
So... The game tells you that it's based on your lowest gear rating, correct?

if that's true, why is my player level stuck at 3 diamonds? My lowest gear item is my 4 diamond pistol. Everything else is 5 diamonds. Based on what the game told me, my player level should be 4 diamonds. What am I missing?
And now go look at your stats (health, stealth, melee) and how they change wearing different gear. Sometimes they are better when you're wearing all 3 star gear than when you're wearing 5 golden stars gear. And when you compare your stats with a friend, those stats are entirely different again. Still trying to understand the system behind.