PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity no season pass What the bloody heck?

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Okay my dear sweet family plunked down the cash for me the Assassin's Creed Unity Collector's edition (US Notre Dame). Okay my family was told, as was I, I could buy the season pass from Xbox live. I did not receive my game until Christmas As it was intended as a Christmas gift. Christmas Day YIPPEEE I get to get my Assassin on and play. HA HA HA That OBVIOUSLY didn't happen since some basement dwelling no-life bunch of scumbags took down Xbox live and PS Network. Okay so Dec 27th before I could get my Assassin on then I find NO season pass! What in the bluest of blue blazes is going on? I own ALL the Assassin's Creed Titles. This is pure RUBBISH! I'm so mad I don't know where to start, do I start with shoving my $600 Xbox One where the sun don't shine on Microsoft collectively, OR do I shove this $100 Assassin's Creed Unity up Ubisoft's collective derrières! I won't even start about the fiasco that was the Edge Shaving Cream premiums OMG! Could someone PLEASE explain WHY ubisoft stop selling the season pass right after launch day? What about those of us that the game was pre-purchased but didn't receive it till Dec 25? OOOO I'm sooo mad!

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-29-2014, 07:29 AM
well they got rid of it to say sorry for the mess they have made and they made dead kings(story dlc) free for everyone when it comes out early next year

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 07:31 AM
well they got rid of it to say sorry for the mess they have made and they made dead kings(story dlc) free for everyone when it comes out early next year

Okay. What about all the rest of the DLC? Are we basically screwed on that ??? :confused:

Rafe Harwood
12-29-2014, 07:34 AM
It's not quite the bad thing you may think it is,

Basically, because of the problems, season pass holders (at that time) were given a free game and everyone got the Dead Kings DLC free (or will when it is released).

Check this post from Yannis Mallat (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) about what happened.

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 08:11 AM
It's not quite the bad thing you may think it is,

Basically, because of the problems, season pass holders (at that time) were given a free game and everyone got the Dead Kings DLC free (or will when it is released).

Check this post from Yannis Mallat (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) about what happened.

Hmmm. I read that letter, I keep thinking "See what happens Ubisoft when you get involved with EA." As I understand it EA is like 10% stock holder in Ubisoft and EA now sells ubisoft titles in their god-awful Origin store. This launch reminds of one of EA's debacles. At least Ubisoft did apologize. As a 13 year veteran of Ultima Online I have been subjected to enough of EA's abuse that I will never buy another EA title. LOL I actually was threaten with permanent termination of my UO accounts because I had the gall to call them after a glitch in their store black listed my credit card. I got my card off the black list, but I never receive an apology for the guy that screamed at me and threatened me. At least Ubisoft is apologizing and offering a free game. EA thinks their customers are scum and vermin. Here's hoping for no more troubles with Unity, and Ubisoft never has a launch like that again.

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 09:40 AM
BUMP Sorry Wanted to get it past the bot-hole. I

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-29-2014, 09:43 AM
you not allowed to do that

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry.....But spam advertise isn't allowed either.

SixKeys
12-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Spam threads happen from time to time, they get cleaned up pretty quickly though.

When did your parents order the game? You might be eligible for a free game if it was before the date mentioned in the Yannis Mallat sticky thread.

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Spam threads happen from time to time, they get cleaned up pretty quickly though.

When did your parents order the game? You might be eligible for a free game if it was before the date mentioned in the Yannis Mallat sticky thread.

I'll have to look I know it was bought from Gamestop in November.

AnneBonny619
12-29-2014, 10:36 AM
It was bought November 15, 2014. I found my e-receipt from gamestop. I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to get any of the content the season pass people ...well except for the Dead Kings DLC. My family paid 149.27 with tax for this game. I bought a 50 dollar xbox card so I could get assassin's creed season pass and WWE 215 season pass. I guess 1 outta 2 ain't bad. Still it is nice to see a game company treat their customers kindly rather than like vermin.

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-29-2014, 10:38 AM
hmm you could to talk to ubisoft support or one of the mods here (like mr.shades:cool:)

Mr_Shade
12-29-2014, 03:40 PM
It was bought November 15, 2014. I found my e-receipt from gamestop. I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to get any of the content the season pass people ...well except for the Dead Kings DLC. My family paid 149.27 with tax for this game. I bought a 50 dollar xbox card so I could get assassin's creed season pass and WWE 215 season pass. I guess 1 outta 2 ain't bad. Still it is nice to see a game company treat their customers kindly rather than like vermin.

Just to confirm the facts..

If you have a Season Pass - and it was activated - before the 25th November- you are entitled to a free game [games on offer depends on age / region etc]

If you have a season pass and it was activated AFTER the 25th November - you are still entitled to a free game [games on offer depends on age / region etc] though you may have to wait upto 10 days to claim.

You will STILL get all of the promised content of the season pass - Dead Kings, Weapon packs and China Chronicles..

Full details here: http://ubi.li/c4fge

Games on offer do depend on your age and region - so some people may see fewer games than others.

If you haven't managed to get a Season Pass - ALL owners of ACU will get the Dead Kings DLC for free - due to the issues at launch.

Since you only started playing at Christmas and missed all of the launch problems the DLC is intended to make up for [assuming you have started playing] - as long as the game is patched - you shouldn't have too many issues, so the free content is a nice bonus :)