View Full Version : Ranking the AC protagonists so far

Journey95
12-29-2014, 12:46 AM
For me it would be like this:

1. Ezio
2. Edward
3. Connor
4. Altair
5. Haytham (could have been much higher but Ubisoft wasted his potential, deserved his own game)

6. Adewale
7. Aveline

8. Shay (didn't like him at all his transition from Assassin to Templar didn't feel real expected a lot more especially after Haytham)
9. Arno

JustPlainQuirky
12-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Haytham/Shay
Altair/Connor
Ezio/Edward (slowly growing appreciation)
Adewale/Aveline/Arno

Not sure where to place Shao Jun yet. Need to play Chronicles.

Shahkulu101
12-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Only three are any good:

Edward, Connor and Ezio.

I like Haytham but he's not a main protagonist.

JustPlainQuirky
12-29-2014, 12:52 AM
Only three are any good:

Edward, Connor and Ezio.

I like Haytham but he's not a main protagonist.

He is a protagonist tho, by definition.

Namikaze_17
12-29-2014, 12:53 AM
1) Altaïr
2) Shay/Haytham
3) Connor
4) Edward
5) Adewale
6) Ezio
7) Aveline
8) Arno

Shahkulu101
12-29-2014, 12:54 AM
He is a protagonist tho, by definition.

I don't count him personally. He had what three hours? But if he is technically a protagonist, then yeah I'd include him in my list of favourites.

JustPlainQuirky
12-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I don't count him personally. He had what three hours? But if he is technically a protagonist, then yeah I'd include him in my list of favourites.

So did Adewale if you're fast enough :rolleyes:

Also I noticed we all forgot Desmond, lmfao

Matknapers18
12-29-2014, 01:02 AM
1. Ezio / Haytham
2. Edward
3. Connor
4. Arno
5. Adewale
6. Altair
7. Aveline

Not including Shay as I haven't played Rogue yet. I feel like Ezio is only this high due to the amount of games he got. He had more time to flesh out and develop as a character, so naturally I feel more emotionally attached to him.

Journey95
12-29-2014, 01:06 AM
So did Adewale if you're fast enough :rolleyes:

Also I noticed we all forgot Desmond, lmfao

just like Ubisoft.. poor Desmond soo much potential and then just wasted

aL_____eX
12-29-2014, 01:09 AM
just like Ubisoft.. poor Desmond soo much potential and then just wasted
couldn't resist

https://38.media.tumblr.com/bf216961e9a6de0834506ad4f68a2fe9/tumblr_n5zvfrsWVZ1s46p8ao1_500.gif

For me it's Edward, Shay and Revelations Ezio in front. But there is no real ranking. There were things I liked and things I didn't like about the characters, but those 3 were awesome.

edit: Totally forgot about Altair who is easily next to the first 3.

Pandassin
12-29-2014, 01:28 AM
1. Haytham
2. Edward
3. Arno
4. Shay/Connor

5. Ezio/Adéwalé/Desmond

Can't say on Altair or Aveline since I haven't played their games.

wvstolzing
12-29-2014, 02:09 AM
---- and we're ranking with respect to what?

The 'drunken' episode of Arno pretty much sums up what he amounts to as a fictional character in a game:

i) With respect to gameplay: You'd recall that the camera was wobbling through that episode, and whenever you tried to deploy eagle sense, Arno would hold his head; there was a color filter on, etc. -- but despite the 'wobbly' drunkenness implied by the camera, his parkour & fighting abilities were left intact. So the drunkenness was only a facade, and beneath it, it was entirely hollow; he was just 'some player avatar', to get from point A to point B on the map. Compare that, with Edward's drunken nightmare sequence, which let us catch a glimpse into his inner world.

ii) With respect to his intentions/why he does what he does/what he thinks-believes-feels, etc. about anything in his environment: There's the faint recollection of the day his father died, a faint recollection of Elise's words the night de la Serre died, the faint symbolism of the pocket watch -- what's the significance of any of these for him? What did his expulsion from the Assassins mean to him? Was he just 'pissed off', the way one might be pissed off at one's boss at work? Did he think they might be right? Did he at all reflect on where he might have failed? Did he think they were entirely unfair? What did he think, if anything, about Elise's misplaced reprimand at the end of the first episode with Germain? 'I don't need to be saved by you' is not the kind of thing to say to a person who's just saved you from a very specific and lethal danger on a specific point in time; does that signal a frustration on Elise's part, with respect to Arno's overprotective, perhaps patronizing, attitude towards her over an extended period of time? Why else would she say that? The 'letters' suggest that they cohabited at least for a time (something their in-game encounters doesn't quite convey); so what was their relationship like?

-- In short, what was the content of that 'drunken depression'? It looks like the writers only know how to 'hamfist' such things, or faintly suggest them, or hide them in some content players need to unlock and just read. For all that emphasis on 'being cinematic', one would imagine they'd be trying to show us what that 'content' is, through visual language, and (the father of understanding forbid) through gameplay, even. I think the answer is that there was no content to it; like a puppet, he was going through the motions of the 'down, dejected, whatever'-mode. Then, because he's the hero and all, he'd just snap right out of it.

Similarly: What, if anything, was his opinion on that glowy sword he strapped to his side at the end, like it was some ordinary piece of loot. Did he draw any kind of connection between what his 'adventure' against Germain was about, and the origins of this glowy thing? Did he even care? Why didn't he have a single moment of 'whoa, dude, this is some '***** effrayante' that surpasses our understanding'?

Arno was a complete cardboard cutout of a character (and so was Elise), and he shouldn't even be on this list. As much as I hate Shay, at least he's a character who has thoughts, who acts for this or that reason, and shows some ability to reflect on those reasons, and so on.

JustPlainQuirky
12-29-2014, 02:25 AM

The 'drunken' episode of Arno pretty much sums up what he amounts to as a fictional character in a game:

i) With respect to gameplay: You'd recall that the camera was wobbling through that episode, and whenever you tried to deploy eagle sense, Arno would hold his head; there was a color filter on, etc. -- but despite the 'wobbly' drunkenness implied by the camera, his parkour & fighting abilities were left intact. So the drunkenness was only a facade, and beneath it, it was entirely hollow; he was just 'some player avatar', to get from point A to point B on the map. Compare that, with Edward's drunken nightmare sequence, which let us catch a glimpse into his inner world.

ii) With respect to his intentions/why he does what he does/what he thinks-believes-feels, etc. about anything in his environment: There's the faint recollection of the day his father died, a faint recollection of Elise's words the night de la Serre died, the faint symbolism of the pocket watch -- what's the significance of any of these for him? What did his expulsion from the Assassins mean to him? Was he just 'pissed off', the way one might be pissed off at one's boss at work? Did he think they might be right? Did he at all reflect on where he might have failed? Did he think they were entirely unfair? What did he think, if anything, about Elise's misplaced reprimand at the end of the first episode with Germain? 'I don't need to be saved by you' is not the kind of thing to say to a person who's just saved you from a very specific and lethal danger on a specific point in time; does that signal a frustration on Elise's part, with respect to Arno's overprotective, perhaps patronizing, attitude towards her over an extended period of time? Why else would she say that? The 'letters' suggest that they cohabited at least for a time (something their in-game encounters doesn't quite convey); so what was their relationship like?

-- In short, what was the content of that 'drunken depression'? It looks like the writers only know how to 'hamfist' such things, or faintly suggest them, or hide them in some content players need to unlock and just read. For all that emphasis on 'being cinematic', one would imagine they'd be trying to show us what that 'content' is, through visual language, and (the father of understanding forbid) through gameplay, even. I think the answer is that there was no content to it; like a puppet, he was going through the motions of the 'down, dejected, whatever'-mode. Then, because he's the hero and all, he'd just snap right out of it.

Similarly: What, if anything, was his opinion on that glowy sword he strapped to his side at the end, like it was some ordinary piece of loot. Did he draw any kind of connection between what his 'adventure' against Germain was about, and the origins of this glowy thing? Did he even care? Why didn't he have a single moment of 'whoa, dude, this is some '***** effrayante' that surpasses our understanding'?

Arno was a complete cardboard cutout of a character (and so was Elise), and he shouldn't even be on this list. As much as I hate Shay, at least he's a character who has thoughts, who acts for this or that reason, and shows some ability to reflect on those reasons, and so on.

Amen, brotha.

SlyTrooper
12-29-2014, 02:33 AM
1. Shay
2. Haytham
3. Altair
4. Edward
5. Ezio
6. Connor
7. Arno
8. Adewale
9. Aveline

Namikaze_17
12-29-2014, 02:36 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/n5oYbKrHYXylq/giphy.gif

Eduard413
12-29-2014, 02:39 AM
1. Desmond
2. Ezio
3. Edward
4. Connor
5. Altair
6. Shay
7. Haytham
8. Arno
9. Adewale
10. Aveline - I really can't understand why everybody loves her so much - AC Unity is the weakest game in the series, but AC Liberation is even weaker (well still I like both games very much and it's story) her voice acting is so terrible just like her boyfriend in AC Liberation, I don't remember his name (Gerald?)

SixKeys
12-29-2014, 04:45 AM
1. Altaïr
2. Arno
3. Ezio
4. Haytham
5. Desmond
6. Adéwale
7. Edward
8. Aveline
9. Connor

Haven't played Rogue yet.

Altair1789
12-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Altaïr
Connor
ACB+ ACR Ezio
Edward

I disliked Arno greatly, and I'm not really sure where Aveline, Adewale, Shay, or Haytham would go. Most likely somewhere between 2 and 4 I liked pretty much every protagonist except for Edward pre sequence 9 and Ezio in AC2.

JustPlainQuirky
12-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Honestly I dont think I can even rank them. I like them for different reasons.

Haytham/Shay/Connor/Altair- Good
Edward/Adewale/Ezio- Alright
Aveline/Arno- Poor

Kandy140
12-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Ezio - The key to making a good protagonist is having him/her change as a person over the course of the story in a way that makes sense. So far, I think Ezio is the only character that they've really managed to do this with. We had the most time with him so he probably has an advantage, but I enjoyed seeing him him grow up from being a brash, punk kid, to one of the most respected assassin's ever.

Arno - Haven't finished Unity yet, but I like what I've seen so far out of him. I like the dynamic he has going with Elise, and he seems to be more witty and funny than most of his predecessors.

Altair - It's been a while since I played the first game, but I remember not particularly liking Altair. For lack of a better term, I felt like he was just kind of a d*ck. It seemed like the whole point of Assassin's Creed 1 was that he was supposed to grow as a person, learn to respect those around him more, and become less of an arrogant jerk, but it never really seemed like it happened. He's obviously very well regarded by subsequent assassin's, so presumably he grew into some kind of decent guy, but I didn't feel like I ever saw it. Maybe the payout came in one of the mobile games, I never played any of those.

Edward - My big problem with Edward is that he never seemed to grow as a character. They put all this work into giving him the back story with his wife, and gave him Kidd to be a moral compass, and he still never was really working for anything other than personal gain. Even when he would seemingly have some sort of epiphany or whatever in a cutscene, you still were spending most of your time killing innocent sailors by the hundreds, for no reason other than to get material goods. Also, it made no sense for him to be an unstoppable killing machine. I never felt with him that I was playing anything more than some stupid machismo power fantasy. It would have when one thing if they had just accepted that he was a selfish jerk, and let him be that. That could be fun. But there felt like there was a major disconnect between what we were being told about the character and what the character actually doing.

Haytham - He's basically Altair, except you get no time to build any connection with him. Also, he brought Connor into the world, and Connor is the worst.

Connor - He only had two personality modes; "humorless & boring" and "whiny & annoying". Seemed like every interaction you had with NPCs in AC3 consisted of him staring angrily or blankly at whomever was talking, and then him complaining before doing whatever mission they assigned you. I think that they tried to play up the fact that he was an outsider to "civilized" society too much, and ended up handicapping his potential as a character in the process. If you're going to do that, the way to progress that character is to have him overcome obstacles as far as learning new customs and understanding/appreciating a different way of life, but instead they chose to just make him scowl and complain about it the whole time.

Desmond - Probably not fair to the character, but I've always hated the out of Animus portions of the games. Never cared the slightest bit about what was going on with Desmond or anything around him. The Desmond portions have always been an obstacle that I have to overcome to get to the actual, fun parts of the games.

Can't speak for Adewale, Aveline, or Shay. I haven't played their respective content.

GunnerGalactico
12-29-2014, 09:19 AM
^ More Ezio fan-boys.Somebody gag me. :rolleyes:

1. Altair
2. Connor
3. Haytham
4. Ezio
5. Shay
6. Aveline
7. Edward/Adewale

* Haven't played Unity yet.

Kandy140
12-29-2014, 09:55 AM
^ More Ezio fan-boys.Somebody gag me. :rolleyes:

Not like he has much competition... honestly he's the only player character the series that they've handled even kind of well (that I've played). I gave Arno second, despite only having played half the game and strongly suspecting that he may just be an Ezio clone.

GunnerGalactico
12-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Not like he has much competition... honestly he's the only player character the series that they've handled even kind of well (that I've played). I gave Arno second, despite only having played half the game and strongly suspecting that he may just be an Ezio clone.

That's probably due to the fact that he had 3 games in which to build on his character. The rest had 1 game in which to do it. Honestly, Revelations was the best incarnation of Ezio to date. The first 2 games he basically remained the same.

OpticSpecs
12-29-2014, 11:06 AM
1, Altair
2, Ezio
3, Haytham
4, Edward
5, Connor
6, Shay
7, Adewale
8, Arno
9, Aveline

Mike111690
12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
1. Shay
2. Haytham
3. Edward
4. Ezio
5. Altair
6. Connor
7. Adewale
8. Arno
9. Aveline

dimbismp
12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Ezio>Edward>>Altair>(Haytham)>Arno>Connor>>Adewale>>>>>>>>>>>Aveline

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
12-29-2014, 11:45 AM
1: Ezio
2: Haytham
3: Edward
4: Altair
5: Arno
6: Desmond
7: Adewale
8: Shay
9: Connor
10: Aveline

Ezio was not only a likeable guy, but I actually cared about his story. This is mainly due to just straight up quality writing, but having three games, three novels and 2 mini movie animations helps.
Haytham was a bad-***. He was funny, charismatic and down to earth. He was strong willed and had character depth. He was well written, well voice-acted and I wish we had a whole game with him instead of Connor.
Edward was also a cool dude. I understood what he believed in and he had a believable transition from reckless pirate into a humble family man. Both his and Haytham's humour appealed to me as well. I don't actually chuckle that much at in-game humour, but they made me laugh a fair bit.
I liked Altair because he felt a bit different to any other character we've had. Even though I wasn't a fan of his voice actor in the first game, I liked his character. He was devoted to the creed (he was heavily indoctrinated after all) and took no sh*t from anyone.
I liked Arno a lot. I liked his humour and his witty comments every now and then. I never onced cared about his motivations though. Even though he is a likeable guy, there wasn't enough character depth for me to care about anything that happened to him. He was very well voice acted though.
I seem to be one of the few here that like Desmond. I wasn't even aware people hated him until I actually visited these forums. I understood why he felt the way he did, I liked his dialogue and his relations with the other characters. It might help though that the modern-day is one of the reasons I enjoy this series a lot (Unity heavily disappointed me in that regard)
Adewale was cool and his story is quite interesting.

These next 3 characters are the ones which I did not like at all, and for different reasons.
I didn't mind Shay at first, but there are so many minor things about him that just piss me off. The 'I make my own luck' crap was so annoying, cliche, pointless and in general just felt out of place, and it didn't help he said it like 7 times in the game. I also wasn't a fan of the voice acting. He was decent but not up to par with some of the previous games, and the fake accent was extremely noticeable for me (I have friends who are Irish). Also he came across as a major hypocrite. He leaves the Assassin's because he didn't want to kill innocents, but when he becomes a Templar he has the option of killing innocent people. What the f*ck?

Connor is an interesting one. It's not that his character is bad, but I just didn't like him. He was just humourless and angry and his reaction to people trying to help him was to get pissed off and yell. So many times in the game he just came across as a wanker, even if he had good intentions and motives that it just made him hard to like. Again I'm not saying he is a bad character (I think he's quite unique and a good character), but I just didn't like him or his personality. It was funny watching him get all grumpy and mad when people try to help him, and it just made me facepalm even more when he tried to claim all the credit for his successes. I felt so happy when Achilles put him in his place in that one scene. At least he had good voice acting though,

Aveline though..... Jesus Christ was she horrible. I never cared about her or her motivations. Her accent and voice acting were absolutely dreadful that it made it hard for me to finish the game. I wish Liberation didn't exist and they instead made a spin-off about Elise or someone else entirely.

Mike111690
12-29-2014, 12:00 PM
1: Ezio
2: Haytham
3: Edward
4: Altair
5: Arno
6: Desmond
7: Adewale
8: Shay
9: Connor
10: Aveline

Ezio was not only a likeable guy, but I actually cared about his story. This is mainly due to just straight up quality writing, but having three games, three novels and 2 mini movie animations helps.
Haytham was a bad-***. He was funny, charismatic and down to earth. He was strong willed and had character depth. He was well written, well voice-acted and I wish we had a whole game with him instead of Connor.
Edward was also a cool dude. I understood what he believed in and he had a believable transition from reckless pirate into a humble family man. Both his and Haytham's humour appealed to me as well. I don't actually chuckle that much at in-game humour, but they made me laugh a fair bit.
I liked Altair because he felt a bit different to any other character we've had. Even though I wasn't a fan of his voice actor in the first game, I liked his character. He was devoted to the creed (he was heavily indoctrinated after all) and took no sh*t from anyone.
I liked Arno a lot. I liked his humour and his witty comments every now and then. I never onced cared about his motivations though. Even though he is a likeable guy, there wasn't enough character depth for me to care about anything that happened to him. He was very well voice acted though.
I seem to be one of the few here that like Desmond. I wasn't even aware people hated him until I actually visited these forums. I understood why he felt the way he did, I liked his dialogue and his relations with the other characters. It might help though that the modern-day is one of the reasons I enjoy this series a lot (Unity heavily disappointed me in that regard)
Adewale was cool and his story is quite interesting.

These next 3 characters are the ones which I did not like at all, and for different reasons.
I didn't mind Shay at first, but there are so many minor things about him that just piss me off. The 'I make my own luck' crap was so annoying, cliche, pointless and in general just felt out of place, and it didn't help he said it like 7 times in the game. I also wasn't a fan of the voice acting. He was decent but not up to par with some of the previous games, and the fake accent was extremely noticeable for me (I have friends who are Irish). Also he came across as a major hypocrite. He leaves the Assassin's because he didn't want to kill innocents, but when he becomes a Templar he has the option of killing innocent people. What the f*ck?

Connor is an interesting one. It's not that his character is bad, but I just didn't like him. He was just humourless and angry and his reaction to people trying to help him was to get pissed off and yell. So many times in the game he just came across as a wanker, even if he had good intentions and motives that it just made him hard to like. Again I'm not saying he is a bad character (I think he's quite unique and a good character), but I just didn't like him or his personality. It was funny watching him get all grumpy and mad when people try to help him, and it just made me facepalm even more when he tried to claim all the credit for his successes. I felt so happy when Achilles put him in his place in that one scene. At least he had good voice acting though,

Aveline though..... Jesus Christ was she horrible. I never cared about her or her motivations. Her accent and voice acting were absolutely dreadful that it made it hard for me to finish the game. I wish Liberation didn't exist and they instead made a spin-off about Elise or someone else entirely.

Except that wasn't his motivation for leaving the Assassin's. It was a part of it, but his main motivation was to stop Achilles from messing with anymore precursor sites. And not to mention that's gameplay mechanics. That's not really something you can hold against him. Even as an Assassin you could kill several innocents before being desynchronized. It's solely up to the player. In the actual story Shay NEVER takes an innocent life. Most of the time he regrets taking lives of people who aren't innocents and then truly regrets when he has to take the lives of his former friends. He also persuades Haytham to not kill Achilles showing he can be merciful.

m4r-k7
12-29-2014, 12:31 PM
There was nothing wrong with Arno's personality per say.. he was funny and sarcastic at times.
The problem was the absolutely terrible story. It felt like they didn't express Arno's characteristics enough. Its a weird one because I wish they spent more time on making us feel more of a connection with him as he had the potential to be a really great protagonist. For example, at the beginning of the game they really showed off his character and I really liked him, but as the game progressed it felt like the story detached us from Arno and it was more like "go here, kill this guy, go there" bla bla bla

From the main games my list would go:

Edward
Ezio
Connor/Arno
Altair

arthur-peresb13
12-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Sorry for my bad english, I tried my best.

Edward - He's one guy with one simple goal, he's motivation is simple, he's selfish, greedy, arrogant and so on, but he's also funny, a good friend, ironic and persistent, the character development was great, he became someone mature and with responsability, he's conversion to the creed was slow and well done, he's not just became a assassin, he question the creed, their reasons and motivation until start trully belive.

Ezio - he was playboy, with a easy life, he's funny, angry, womanizer and lost everything in one single day, it's easy to sympathize with he's motivation, you really want to get revenge when put in his situation, but during this time he became someone wiser, mature, he had 3 games, so we see him grow up, he's character development also was great.

Shay - Shay was a assassin that became a templar, so this plot is already good, but he's not just a traitor, he was someone that see the evil side of the assassin's, he was not a blind fool that folow everything that was said to him, the templar conversion was graduality and was good. he's not a cold blood assassin that murderer he's past friends without any emotions and that was great.

Haytham - The most bad *** protagonist in the franchise at least for me. He's a man with convictions, morals, ruthless. He's also stuborn and cold blood, and a templar. He has little time to show up more of him, but that was the first time that a templas wasn't some evil ***** with no morals, and I like it.

Connor - was fun to see a naive guy with no brains and pure heart enter for the creed. My problem with connor is that he's angry the whole time, got no humor sense and one blind fool that don't learn he's leson until the end of the game. He follows what people say to him too easy. his friends die by his hands, and looks like he doesn't fell it.

Altair - I just don't like the character, but don't know say why. Was the first game and I he just too ******* in the beging of the game.

Arno/Desmond- Arno was the worst protagonis in the franchise by far to me. And I hate that part out of the Animus, so i hate everytime that Desmond shows up.

RinoTheBouncer
12-29-2014, 01:32 PM
1. Ezio
2. Altair
3. Desmond
4. Edward (continuously swapping places with 5)
5. Connor (continuously swapping places with 4)
6. Arno
7. Haytham
8. Shay
9. Adewale
10. Aveline

GunnerGalactico
12-29-2014, 02:09 PM
^ I do that too. I tend to swap places with characters after replaying the games and comparing them to others. I don't just use personality as my criteria. I think about their decisions, course of action, motivations and the impact that they have made. :)

RinoTheBouncer
12-29-2014, 02:26 PM
^ I do that too. I tend to swap places with characters after replaying the games and comparing them to others. I don't just use personality as my criteria. I think about their decisions, course of action, motivations and the impact that they have made. :)

Yeah. To me, personality isn’t always the judge. I mean just because someone is stoic or isn’t charismatic and humorous doesn’t mean they’re bad characters and same goes for the charismatic ones. However, Ezio almost tops the list not just because of his personality or looks, but because his games are when everything important was happening from Modern Day to First Civ. to Historical to Clay’s Rifts and Glyphs..etc.

But Connor and Edward, I adore those two, and whenever I see one, I put him above the other and then again I’d switch hehe. So I can say it’s a tie :P

killzab
12-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeah. To me, personality isn’t always the judge. I mean just because someone is stoic or isn’t charismatic and humorous doesn’t mean they’re bad characters and same goes for the charismatic ones. However, Ezio almost tops the list not just because of his personality or looks, but because his games are when everything important was happening from Modern Day to First Civ. to Historical to Clay’s Rifts and Glyphs..etc.

But Connor and Edward, I adore those two, and whenever I see one, I put him above the other and then again I’d switch hehe. So I can say it’s a tie :P

Indeed, nothing will top the Ezio trilogy ( + ACIII when it comes to "relevance")

The golden age of Assassins is behind us :(

Journey95
12-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Indeed, nothing will top the Ezio trilogy ( + ACIII when it comes to "relevance")

agree its sad but true now we only have lame side stories like Unity where nothing matters anymore

HeJePi
12-29-2014, 05:13 PM
* Ezio Auditore Da Firenze: Only the most interesting man in your life.

* Edward / Adéwalé ...

* Arno ... but the story is too short to see his character develop.

RinoTheBouncer
12-29-2014, 06:35 PM

I love ACIII as well. Everything about it from atmosphere, to modern day to story (both historical and modern day), to events and the way it’s directed was just amazing. Yet the ending was just so rushed and wrong on so many levels. I’ve seen so many endings where a protagonist dies to save the world, and they were done a lot bette than ACIII. I mean I’d give the game 11/10 if it had a different ending... I think that’s when things started going south.. :(

PHStriaghtEdge
01-01-2015, 04:23 PM
1. Ezio
2. Arno
3. Altair
4. Haytham
5. Edward
6. Shay
7. Connor

JorgeChihuahua
01-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I think the reason some people hated getting pulled out of the Animus was the timing. I've played Assassin's Creed 2,3,4 and Rogue and what I've noticed is that almost everytime they pull you pull you out, it's in a point in the story where something really interesting is happenening in the historical plot and you are really excited to see what happens next to the character, but then the game pulls you out to do some modern day stuff. My first game was Assassin's Creed 3, and the first time I played it I was really only playing for Connor's story and didn't really care for the modern day so I got really annoyed when you got pulled out. The only game where I didn't get annoyed was Assassin's Creed 2, and that was because I liked the things you did in modern day like the part where you play as that other assassin. *cough *cough (How do you put spoilers?) If they made it so that they pulled you out at different times when it's not super climatic so that you get less annoyed.

BK-110
01-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Altaïr
Edward
Arno
Connor
Adewale
Ezio

Haven't played Liberation and Rogue yet.

The_Kiwi_
01-02-2015, 04:37 AM
1) Altaïr
2) Shay/Haytham
3) Connor
4) Edward
5) Adewale
6) Ezio
7) Aveline
8) Arno

This exactly.
Might switch Edward and Connor though
Eh, they can tie for 3, Ade stays at 5.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:32 AM
This exactly.
Might switch Edward and Connor though
Eh, they can tie for 3, Ade stays at 5.

Yeah, I like Connor & Edward equally...

I just prefer Connor. Same with Shay & Haytham.

But Altaïr will ALWAYS be #1. :cool:

The_Kiwi_
01-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Yeah, I like Connor & Edward equally...

I just prefer Connor. Same with Shay & Haytham.

But Altaïr will ALWAYS be #1. :cool:

I love you.
But I am already betrothed to rrebe and alex.
At least we can always share Altaïr :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:36 AM
I love you.
But I am already betrothed to rrebe and alex.
At least we can always share Altaïr :rolleyes:

Yeah, we're brothers mate. :cool:

JustPlainQuirky
01-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Ok I like Haytham a bit more than Shay.

Haytham
Shay
Altair

Connor is lowering

Ezio/Connor/Edward

Edward is higher

Adewale/Aveline

Arno

The_Kiwi_
01-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Yeah, we're brothers mate. :cool:

Touché :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 05:51 AM
Ok I like Haytham a bit more than Shay.

Haytham
Shay
Altair

Connor is lowering

Ezio/Connor/Edward

Edward is higher

Adewale/Aveline

Arno

#4 isn't bad Connor.

*Connor Cries* :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
01-02-2015, 05:56 AM
I just prefer classy characters :cool:

jk

wvstolzing
01-02-2015, 06:55 AM
On the kind of scales I like to use, it doesn't get 'classier' than Adé.

Freedom Cry could have been so much more than what the final product turned out to be (not that I didn't enjoy it; to the contrary); but no need to get into that here.

sem1rek
01-02-2015, 01:33 PM
1. Altaïr
2. Connor
3. Ezio
4. Edward
5. Aveline
6. Adéwale
7. Arno

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Connor/ Altair
Edward
Shay
Arno/ACR Ezio
Aveline
ACB Ezio
AC II Ezio

i guess the only one I really dislike was Ezio in AC II. He was a walking box that spouted flirting at females and followed orders from males. These were his only 2 modes in AC II. He had nothing else to him. I fail to see how any of this is "interesting".

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 03:40 PM
^ Forgetting Adewale.

Or are you only counting Assassins with Main games?

Assassin_M
01-02-2015, 03:43 PM
^ Forgetting Adewale.

Or are you only counting Assassins with Main games?
historical portion of main games.

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
historical portion of main games.

Ah, I see.

JorgeChihuahua
01-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Edward
Shay
Haytham
Ezio
Adewale
Connor (plz don't kill me I liked Ac3 and Connor just compared to everyone else he's meh)

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 04:42 PM
^ Where is Altaïr?

MasterAssasin84
01-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Edward

Connor

Altair

Haytham was awesome especially after reading forsaken ... ( Wasted potential )

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Edward

Connor

Altair

Haytham was awesome especially after reading forsaken ... ( Wasted potential )

No Ezio?

MasterAssasin84
01-02-2015, 04:50 PM
No Ezio?

Not for me ,

Ezio was far too cliche and fabricated for me but I will have to admit Revelations turned that around for me but in terms of rankings The Kenway's take the crown and Altair .

Namikaze_17
01-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Not for me ,

Ezio was far too cliche and fabricated for me but I will have to admit Revelations turned that around for me but in terms of rankings The Kenway's take the crown and Altair .

I like you.

You should come to the Forums more. ;)

EDIT: But your Sig... :rolleyes:

MasterAssasin84
01-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I like you.

You should come to the Forums more. ;)

EDIT: But your Sig... :rolleyes:

I have to be honest I just could find a signature that was not in ya face ... But I need to get one made up me thinks lol !!

Second thoughts il stick with this one ha !!

Hans684
01-03-2015, 03:13 PM
1. Shay

2. Altaïr/Haytham

3. Edward/Ezio(ACR)

4. Aveline/Adéwalé

5. Connor/Arno

5. Jacob/Ezio(ACB)

6. Evie/Ezio(AC2)