PDA

View Full Version : [PC] ACU Troubleshooting Guide And Possible Solutions

YazX_
12-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm creating this thread for the troubleshooting guide since the post is somehow buried in one of the threads and most of members cannot find it. Please note that those are proposed solutions and unofficial workarounds/steps and might not fix your issue, so this is not a replacement for contacting customer support, and also note these steps didnt come from Ubisoft, they are put together by myself since most of them are standard procedures to diagnose and fix most of problems.

Please try to follow these steps and see if they would fix your issue:

Table of contents (Click on any item to jump to the corresponding section):

1. Game Crash
2. ACU.exe Launch Error (0xc00007b)
3. SLI Flickering issue:
4. Keyboard/Mouse not working:
5. Stuttering and Freezing every 3-5 seconds:

The base step is to make sure you have installed Latest Graphics Drivers from Nvidia/AMD before you proceed, always do clean install for drivers, however if the game is still crashing after installing latest drivers, then try the following:

1. Game Crash:

1. Verify Game Files either from steam or UPlay depends on the version you have. (this is the most common reason for crashing due to corrupted files), to do so:

Delete ACU.exe if necessary before verifying files as sometimes UPlay fails to replace the file.

a. Steam Version (if you bought the game through steam) : Go to Library, right click on the game and select properties, click on Local Contents tab and press "verify Integrity of Game Cache" button.

b. UPlay version: Click on the game then press the arrow next to "Play" button, select "Verify Game Files".

Note that sometimes you need to do this more than once, so verify --> let UPlay/Steam repair, rinse and repeat until UPlay/Steam comes up with no errors.

2. Disable AV/Anti-Spyware as sometimes it conflicts with the game.
3. Open Start --> Run--> type Msconfig --> Startup tab and uncheck everything there, restart windows afterwards.
4. Close/Disable any OSD/Overclocking/Recording softwares (Fraps, MSI AfterBurner, Gigabyte OC Guru, Shadowplay,....) before launching the game. (this is the second common reason as some programs inject a D3D hook which causes the game to crash like RTSS even in stealth mode)
5. Backup your saves then delete them, they are located here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ

And make sure to turn off "Cloud saves sync" in UPlay settings to prevent the cloud from restoring them.

6. Go to [ACU Installation Folder]\Support folder and install DX and VC++.

7. Make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 installed. for 3.5, go to Programs and Features and click on Turn on/off windows features on the left, select .Net Framework 3.5 checkboxes and then press ok, for 4.0, download it from Microsoft website.

8. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

9. if you have your CPU and/or GPU Overclocked, then disable OC and run them at stock settings, reset bios to default settings if necessary.

10. if you have custom resolution and refresh rate defined in NCP or CCC then default it to native resolution and refresh rate, also if you have Nvidia Surround or AMD EyeFinity then disable and let it work on one monitor to see if thats causing the issue.

11. Disable SLI/Crossfire.

12. Run the game as Admin, if from steam, exit steam and then run steam as admin.

13. Disable UPlay Overlay and voice chat from UPlay settings.

14. if it didnt work, create a new Administrator account in windows and try to run the game from that account.

NOTE: Make sure that your primary GPU is the discrete one not the iGPU aka Intel HD, this is especially for laptops.

If none worked, try reinstalling UPlay (download it from uplay.ubi.com and scroll to the end of the page), but before that make a back up of your saves, they are located here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ

if it didnt work, try moving the game to a different drive (UPlay Version only NOT STEAM), to do so:

1. Go to UPlay settings (wheel icon next to minimize button) and set the installation path to the new parent folder on the other drive, as an example, if you want to move the game to D:\Ubisoft\ACU, then this should be D:\Ubisoft. UPlay will show a warning about already installed games will not be moved, click ok and proceed with the folder change, exit UPlay and make sure its closed on tray area as well.

2. Open registry (Start --> Run --> Regedit), and navigate to those keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

Back them up by Right clicking on each key and select Export, enter file name and save a file per each.

3. Click on each key, at the right pane, you will see a key value called "installdir", double click on it to change the value to the new location you moved the game to, per our example above, it should be "D:/Ubisoft/ACU" without the quotes and note the forward slash "/", yes its "/" not backslash "\".

4. Cut/Paste the game to the new installation folder, per our example "D:\Ubisoft\ACU"

5. Launch UPlay/Game as admin.

Move Game on STEAM to a different drive:

1. Cut and Paste the game folder to the drive you want to move the game to.
2. Uninstall the game from steam.
3. Install game from steam, now steam will prompt you where to install/download the game, select a drive or folder then click next, DONT CLICK ON FINISH, note it will create a folder called:

Steamapps

4. Go to Steamapps folder and create a nested folder called common.
5. now cut/paste the game folder from step1 to Steamapps\common.
6. Click Finish on Steam installation wizard and steam should start discovering Game files, once finished, it will show you download finished.
7. Restart steam as admin then launch the game.

if none of the above worked, download a program called PorcessMonitor from Microsoft sysInternals , add ACU.exe process to the filter and exclude all filters except File and registry access and see if there is an error about accessing Registry/File system as it might be related. And also it worth your while to check UPlay logs, they are located in Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\UbisoftGameLauncher\logs, otherwise, please contact Ubisoft Support, link is in my sign.

2. ACU.exe Launch Error (0xc00007b)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/985205-PC-AC-Unity-ACU-exe-Launch-Error-(0xc00007b)?p=10478876&viewfull=1#post10478876

3. SLI Flickering issue:

ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED IN PATCH 1.5

PREVIOUS Workaround was found by community member

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977957-SLI-users-and-patch-1-4?p=10508630&viewfull=1#post10508630

(All credits goes to the ones who found this workaround not myself) as follows:

1. Rename file UbisoftLogo.bk2
2. Rename file pc_TWIMTBP.bk2
3. Go to "en" folder and rename both files there, note if you are playing the game in other language than english, then go to the corresponding folder and rename the files, as an example, if you are playing in german language, the folder name should be "de".

4. Keyboard/Mouse not working:

1. Install DX and VC++, they are located inside [ACU Installation Folder]\Support\Software. (Restart windows afterwards)
2. Control Panel --> Device Manager ---> Expand "Human Interface Devices" and disable everything except keyboard and mouse.
3. Disconnect all devices except keyboard and mouse.
4. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

5. Stuttering and Freezing every 3-5 seconds:

Go to Bios Settings:

1. Disable High Precision Timer.
2. Disable Intel Speed step (if you have intel CPU)
3. Disable C1-state.

The first step is very important since games have a game timer to calculate time between rendered frames, this may cause errors in timing calculations if enabled.

P.S: Any off-topic comment will be deleted without prior notice.

Gazathor2014
01-02-2015, 01:56 AM
YazX_'s ACU troubleshooting guide worked for me, where nothing else would!

I had to verify game files 4 times before all the corruption was removed.
Without doing all of YazX_'s steps, I would have to repeatedly download 30GB after verification.
But using his steps I had to download 6, 1.8, 1, and 0.008GB before all corruption was removed.
Thank you!

KmarkoPL
01-02-2015, 02:19 AM
I did try that many times ! nothing helped ! my game still crashing after 10-20 min , ACU has stopped working !!

YazX_
01-02-2015, 02:51 PM
YazX_'s ACU troubleshooting guide worked for me, where nothing else would!

I had to verify game files 4 times before all the corruption was removed.
Without doing all of YazX_'s steps, I would have to repeatedly download 30GB after verification.
But using his steps I had to download 6, 1.8, 1, and 0.008GB before all corruption was removed.
Thank you!

You are very welcome, glad it worked out for you :)

I did try that many times ! nothing helped ! my game still crashing after 10-20 min , ACU has stopped working !!

mmmmmm, when was the last time you have updated your MB bios?

KmarkoPL
01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
mmmmmm, when was the last time you have updated your MB bios?

2 months ago , latest version 2501 released 04/08/2014

YazX_
01-02-2015, 08:10 PM
2 months ago , latest version 2501 released 04/08/2014

i know it might be a game problem but just to eliminate all possibilities have you considered doing some stress hardware testing from RAM, CPU and GPU? or run the game of fresh windows install like dual boot?

Gazathor2014
01-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Specifically I did YazX_'s steps 1-10 on my Uplay/ACU setups. These systems use a single-monitor at the default 1920x1080 resolution.
I also turned off Windows Indexing/search so that any dynamic patching of downloaded files onto my slow mechanical hard drive is less likely to be tripped up by non-essential disk activity.

I was able to play all night as an admin user and then reboot this morning and continue playing as a normal non-admin user.

My system is a Win 7 Dell XPS 8500 with a new Corsair CX600 power supply and a new MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970 video card.

My son also has a Win 8.1 Dell XPS 8700 with the same PSU and GPU and is able to play as a non-admin user under Uplay. We have had fewer problems with this system, even though NetNanny and Norton 360 are active.

To stress test my systems, I simultaneously run Prime95 torture test and Really Slick Screensavers (Hyperspace.scr at maximum settings) for 2-8 hours, which fully exercises both the CPU and GPU. This is a fairly difficult test to pass on an overnight run. The other test to run is Memtest86+ (from a USB boot stick).

KmarkoPL
01-02-2015, 09:28 PM
i know it might be a game problem but just to eliminate all possibilities have you considered doing some stress hardware testing from RAM, CPU and GPU? or run the game of fresh windows install like dual boot?
Yes I did the stress test .
When I build that PC , I had network card TP link PCI adapter , the PC was hard freezing when under the stress and playing even simple games.
I fund out thqt the card was cause of the freezing, so I removed the card and replaced with USB TPlink device.
The freezing is gone and never any trouble with any other software .
The game runs great , am getting 50 FPS on high and 30FPS on ultra 1080p
While am playing there is no warning be for crash , the game just closes and I get message ACU.exe has stopped working

log from MSinfo32

02/01/2015 19:20
Application Error
Faulting application name: ACU.exe,
version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x548efba5

Faulting module name: ACU.exe,
version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x548efba5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000220889c

Faulting process ID: 0xfe0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d026b859967113

Faulting application path: D:\Games\Assassin's Creed Unity\ACU.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Games\Assassin's Creed Unity\ACU.exe

Report ID: 735756c1-92b4-11e4-8361-e03f496e00a1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Gazathor2014
01-02-2015, 10:30 PM
KmarkoPL, that's essentially the same error I was getting, but without attaching a debugger and having source code it's not very illuminating. In your case you are able to run for 10-20 minutes before crashing, so unless you have corrupt game files, the cause is probably different. The fact that you were not able to run a PCIe network adapter is concerning, since your Nvidia GPU is also on a PCIe interface. If you are over-clocking the PCIe bus you should probably revert to default specs. In fact you could try re-setting your entire BIOS to factory defaults (or very close) and see if that helps.

If all the hardware confidence tests including Memtest86+ work for 2-8 hours, then another thing to try is a system file check to verify and repair your system files:
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Also I suggest running:
chkdsk c: /f
chkdsk d: /f

In my case, doing the following fixed my problems:

1. Login as an admin user

2. Install latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia web site and reboot. I did an uninstall of the old Nvidia driver and rebooted first.

3. Run msconfig and do the following (very important)
a. Disable any and all services except those that are absolutely necessary, e.g. those from Nvidia and Microsoft (except search/indexing, which can be turned off).
b. Disable any and all startup programs except those that are absolutely necessary, e.g. those from Nvidia and Microsoft.
c. Reboot

4. Login as an admin user.

5. Disable anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, parental controls, etc.

6. Turn off Windows indexing and search services, if not already turned off.

7. Disable any and all overclocking software for CPU and GPU.

8. Download and install the latest Uplay from their website. This is important.

9. Run Uplay and turn off the cloud saves sync feature permanently (this is critical)

10. Backup and delete the savedgames folder in Uplay, if it exists (this is essential, because there is probably an incompatibility between various patch versions and saved game versions). Note you will lose all your progress on all Uplay games.

11. Go to [ACU Installation Folder]\Support folder and install/repair DX and VC++ redistributables.

12 . Make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 installed. for 3.5, go to Programs and Features and click on Turn on/off windows features on the left, select .Net Framework 3.5 checkboxes and then press ok, for 4.0, download it from Microsoft website and install it. Note that in my case, 3.5 was really 3.5.1 (no choice). Although 3.5.1 was already installed, there were two checkboxes for http features that were not checked - so I checked all 3 boxes and installed the additional 3.5.1 features.

13. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and control). This is essential!

14. Verify Game Files and download game files repeatedly until no further errors/corruption exists:
a. Launch Uplay, select ACU from Games, Then click the drop-down box next to the Play button and select Verify Game Files.
b. Allow the verify to complete and the repaired game files to be downloaded.
c. Repeat steps a and b over and over again until all errors/corruption is gone. Do not try to play the game while downloads are underway. Each time you run verify, a smaller amount of game files in GB or MB should have to be downloaded to accomplish repairs. I had to go through 4 verify/download cycles to remove all corruption.

15. Repeat steps 10 and 13 (remove all game artifacts before starting the correctly-patched and verified game).

16. Make sure step 5 is still in place and then run ACU. Do not exit via Alt-Tab or Shift-F2 while the game is playing. If you have problems go back to step 13 and continue. Good Luck!

YazX_
01-03-2015, 12:08 AM
@KmarkoPL , you know what i suspect is unstable CPU, usually when the game crashes randomly after sometime, its unstable overclock, i know you can run other games, but i can assure you that not every software can be affected by this, in my previous system i used to run BF3 and play for hours without any crashes but suddenly when launching prototype 2, the game crashes randomly, sometime after 5 mins, other times 30 mins, and rarely it just crashes after 1 hour.

it turned out unstable overclock although i ran prime95 for 8 hours, so i ran it again for 15 hours and what do you know, it gave an error after 10 hours, so i just pumped the voltage alittle bit and restested for 24 hours and everything was stable and never had a problem since.

so if you havent done this already, backup your bios settings and reset everything to defaults and try the game and see if it works ok or not, if it works, then its unstable CPU OC, otherwise, sorry as there is nothing left to offer but to keep in contact with support following up with your ticket.

KmarkoPL
01-03-2015, 02:15 AM
@KmarkoPL , you know what i suspect is unstable CPU, usually when the game crashes randomly after sometime, its unstable overclock, i know you can run other games, but i can assure you that not every software can be affected by this, in my previous system i used to run BF3 and play for hours without any crashes but suddenly when launching prototype 2, the game crashes randomly, sometime after 5 mins, other times 30 mins, and rarely it just crashes after 1 hour.

it turned out unstable overclock although i ran prime95 for 8 hours, so i ran it again for 15 hours and what do you know, it gave an error after 10 hours, so i just pumped the voltage alittle bit and restested for 24 hours and everything was stable and never had a problem since.

so if you havent done this already, backup your bios settings and reset everything to defaults and try the game and see if it works ok or not, if it works, then its unstable CPU OC, otherwise, sorry as there is nothing left to offer but to keep in contact with support following up with your ticket.

You are right :) Thx for tip
After close inspection I noticed that in Bios the CPU Overclock and Turbo frequency was disabled , Now set up to Auto
Also the Ram frequency was setup to 2400 , changed on auto .
Now the game works like charm . no crash at all and been playing already for hours :)

YazX_
01-03-2015, 10:28 AM
You are right :) Thx for tip
After close inspection I noticed that in Bios the CPU Overclock and Turbo frequency was disabled , Now set up to Auto
Also the Ram frequency was setup to 2400 , changed on auto .
Now the game works like charm . no crash at all and been playing already for hours :)

You are very welcome and i'm really glad that your issue has been resolved, enjoy :)

guest-WeBfeYqY
01-04-2015, 10:32 PM
This is driving me nuts, I am not able to play AC Unity...
I am still looking for a solution, none of the above worked for me.
I already reinstalled Uplay, now I am trying to reinstall AC Unity.

Hope that once I will be able to play this game.

USAdystopia
01-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Windows 7 (8) Optimization Guide
SSD Optimization Guide
Power Management
voltages
heat
dirt

CHosIN1
01-05-2015, 09:22 PM
YAZ can we get a sticky for this so people quit posting same old broke game comments without doing some research PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might want to add disable SLI into this somewhere

thanks for posting those fixes altogether +1

YazX_
01-05-2015, 10:31 PM
YAZ can we get a sticky for this so people quit posting same old broke game comments without doing some research PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might want to add disable SLI into this somewhere

thanks for posting those fixes altogether +1

I'm not sure if this thread falls under sticky rules, ill ask the Community Manager to take a look and see if it fits.

You are very welcome :)

P.S: Updated to Disable SLI/Crossfire - Thanks.

BlackLord049
01-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure if this thread falls under sticky rules, ill ask the Community Manager to take a look and see if it fits.

You are very welcome :)

P.S: Updated to Disable SLI/Crossfire - Thanks.

"Disable SLI/Crossfire"
No, sorry, I'd like to play with my 2 GPUs.
Thanks a lot ;-)

YazX_
01-05-2015, 11:43 PM
"Disable SLI/Crossfire"
No, sorry, I'd like to play with my 2 GPUs.
Thanks a lot ;-)

Yes i know and i prefer that too, thats the main reason i didnt include it originally in my guide, but if it might solve the issue and the guy doesn't mind then its up to him to whether wait for a fix from Ubisoft/Nvidia/AMD or just play, so i took chosin1 advise and added it as it wont harm either ways.

CHosIN1
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
sorry for the bump i think it has good info

CHosIN1
01-07-2015, 04:38 PM
what is funny thing about sli i can run the game just fine. until i get a invite then join, and turn skype on then i have to go to single gpu to NOT get video flickering all sorts of corruption. havent explored options setting up a custom video profile. Just fyi

naumaan
01-30-2015, 10:13 PM
well i am not touching the game yet .. because i know my system wont be able to handle the game .. and trying to save money for a better rig ..till then I am wasted

YazX_
01-31-2015, 12:09 AM
well i am not touching the game yet .. because i know my system wont be able to handle the game .. and trying to save money for a better rig ..till then I am wasted

Just make sure not to get GTX 970.

strigoi1958
01-31-2015, 12:53 AM
Just make sure not to get GTX 970.

Yes I second that... there is a good reason why the 970 is half the price of a 780.... the 970 is very problematic and from the few guys I co-op with the 980 is not much better... I don't care for AMD so if like me you prefer Nvidia (and their shockingly awful drivers) get a GTX680 and wait until the maxwell cards are history:D

YazX_
01-31-2015, 01:35 AM
Yes I second that... there is a good reason why the 970 is half the price of a 780.... the 970 is very problematic and from the few guys I co-op with the 980 is not much better... I don't care for AMD so if like me you prefer Nvidia (and their shockingly awful drivers) get a GTX680 and wait until the maxwell cards are history:D

well i said that because of the 970 memory issue (3.5 GB + 0.5 GB), 56 ROPs and L2 Cache size, all those were false advertised and thus people who bought it got mislead, Maxwell is fine in my opinion but Nvidia screwed up the GTX 970.

now according to the price , for each series, the x80 will cost around 500$-550$ and thats the case with GTX 980, so when 780 was released it was priced at the same price range, thats Nvidia practice, 770 GTX was 400$ then Nvidia cut the price to 330$ after R9 series got released.

strigoi1958
01-31-2015, 04:06 AM
I paid £235 for my 970 and although a conversion to USD would show that as $354 usually it is a bit lower so I guess $300... it was a cheap card but most freeze issues seem to be with this card and generally nvidia cards... it is not as stable as my old gtx 670 but then my 670 cost more and performed better... maybe not faster but definitely better :D 3 people I know have RMA'd their 980's and I'm not sure lowering the bus size from 384 to 256 was a step in the right direction. Also staying at 28nm instead of jumping to 22nm. I see the 970 as a cheap upgrade and a stepping stone like the 980...
whispers about a ti version or an 8gb version or a 384 bit bus 6gb version are around on the net

"The GM200 has a die size of 551 mm² and is still built on the 28 nm technology. It is said to have 20-22 SMM’s and 2560-2816 CUDA cores. The memory bus runs on a 384-bit interface and the amount should be increased to 6 GB"

and the dual core gtx990 may well come out :D but the present maxwell cards are not as great as they should or could have been...

YazX_
01-31-2015, 11:21 AM
I paid £235 for my 970 and although a conversion to USD would show that as $354 usually it is a bit lower so I guess $300... it was a cheap card but most freeze issues seem to be with this card and generally nvidia cards... it is not as stable as my old gtx 670 but then my 670 cost more and performed better... maybe not faster but definitely better :D 3 people I know have RMA'd their 980's and I'm not sure lowering the bus size from 384 to 256 was a step in the right direction. Also staying at 28nm instead of jumping to 22nm. I see the 970 as a cheap upgrade and a stepping stone like the 980...
whispers about a ti version or an 8gb version or a 384 bit bus 6gb version are around on the net

"The GM200 has a die size of 551 mm² and is still built on the 28 nm technology. It is said to have 20-22 SMM’s and 2560-2816 CUDA cores. The memory bus runs on a 384-bit interface and the amount should be increased to 6 GB"

and the dual core gtx990 may well come out :D but the present maxwell cards are not as great as they should or could have been...

i dont know man, consider yourself lucky to pay that amount, in my country i paid 500$ for GTX 970, however, i dont think the problem is caused by 256-bit bus, yes 780/780 Ti both have 384-bit bus for 3GB Vram, and also 780/Titan both have 384-bit for 6GB, but Nvidia is using 3rd generation delta color compression in Maxwell GPUs which reduces the size of data transferred from Vram to GPU and increase memory efficiency , so if 384-bit is sufficient @ 7GHz clock, then 256-bit @ 7Ghz is not a problem.

but there is something about manufacturing quality as you said from GPU and partners sides, my previous GTX 770 was twice as heavy and PCB was twice as thick than this one, this one feels cheaply manufactured, so it seems they are lowering cost on the expense of manufacturing quality.

strigoi1958
01-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes you're right it does seem to be a lower quality compared to the 670... I think I could have used that to hammer nails in the wall ;) but the 970 does feel inferior in materials... My 670 cost £100 more at the time.

naumaan
01-31-2015, 09:09 PM
okie .. thats helpful too .. i was thinking to buy a system with gtx970m its gonna cost me a lakh less .. but i guess i have to make a budget change

YazX_
02-01-2015, 10:32 AM
okie .. thats helpful too .. i was thinking to buy a system with gtx970m its gonna cost me a lakh less .. but i guess i have to make a budget change

Dont get laptop to be honest, you pay the same amount of a beast desktop with very low end specs on laptops. just get a desktop for gaming and cheap laptop for work if you need one, it will cost you less than buying the SO CALLED gaming laptop.

tcarlisle2012
02-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Very good to point out and recommend. My gut feeling is a lot of the people who experience crashes and lock ups have underlying issues with heat, voltage, etc. and have never had issues because nothing up till now has been so hardware stressing. I typically stress test with Furmark3D (and use both the CPU stress feature and the video stress feature simultaneously, while capturing temps and voltages with Open Hardware Monitor.

Systems with instability will be easy to spot, because after several minutes of stress, the temps don't seem to be leveling off (because the various fans can't dissipate the heat to stabilize temps).

My ACU crashed a couple of times in a few days, and I found that most (but not all) my case fans were not working. Resolved that and never another crash or lock up.

YazX_
02-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Very good to point out and recommend. My gut feeling is a lot of the people who experience crashes and lock ups have underlying issues with heat, voltage, etc. and have never had issues because nothing up till now has been so hardware stressing. I typically stress test with Furmark3D (and use both the CPU stress feature and the video stress feature simultaneously, while capturing temps and voltages with Open Hardware Monitor.

Systems with instability will be easy to spot, because after several minutes of stress, the temps don't seem to be leveling off (because the various fans can't dissipate the heat to stabilize temps).

My ACU crashed a couple of times in a few days, and I found that most (but not all) my case fans were not working. Resolved that and never another crash or lock up.

Exactly, unfortunately people think they have stable PCs and just skip the steps to reset bios and revert everything to default and say they have tried all steps mentioned in this guide, i still say OC is not for everyone, if you dont know what you are doing and just trying it out just to OC then that doesnt make you an expert nor guarantee a stable OC.

wombath3
02-02-2015, 01:26 PM
hi guys, I' ve been thinking of buying a gaming laptop (http://www.shoppingexpress.com.au/shop/laptops-notebooks/laptops-notebooks)lately.

Asus ROF G750JS Core i7
Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ Processor
16GB DDR3L MHz SDRAM, up to 32 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX870M 3GB GDDR5
1.5TB 5400
256GB SSD

wil lthis be sufficient for the next two or three years of medium/high settings?
thanks.

YazX_
02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
hi guys, I' ve been thinking of buying a gaming laptop (http://www.shoppingexpress.com.au/shop/laptops-notebooks/laptops-notebooks)lately.

Asus ROF G750JS Core i7
Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ Processor
16GB DDR3L MHz SDRAM, up to 32 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX870M 3GB GDDR5
1.5TB 5400
256GB SSD

wil lthis be sufficient for the next two or three years of medium/high settings?
thanks.

if you want my opinion, there is no such thing called gaming laptop, its all marketing propaganda, even the specs you posted above will not be able to run games @ 1080p on high graphical settings, with that price you can build a monstrous gaming desktop PC and get a cheap laptop for work, this is what i recommend, if you insist of getting so called gaming laptop, then the answer is no, its not sufficient for now, so how about 3 years from now?

naumaan
02-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Well..Aye Aye Captain, but the region where I live is a place where load shedding is a very common issue, and if I am going to buy a pc, its going to blow pretty soon as loadshedding is quite random here, and even if it is not .. the ups system is not much powerful to run a pc for long. So in a very sad tone, even if I wish to buy one gaming desktop, that I can build in half the price of asus rog g751jy equivalent to it .. I am going to have a pretty bad experience because of that.

I guess you never used a gaming laptop before right? ... Well I dont have one, but still if i upgrade to a gaming one ... its not gonna be best but good enough ...

I was thinking to buy asus rog g751jy with an nvidia gtx980m 4gb which is going to cost 2650USD ... as it turned out .. I cant manage to accumulate that much money yet ... so I am looking for a gaming laptop in nvidia gtx800 series with 4gb vram for now so that it cost me near about 1500 USD +- 200 USD ... can you suggest any?

YazX_
02-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Well..Aye Aye Captain, but the region where I live is a place where load shedding is a very common issue, and if I am going to buy a pc, its going to blow pretty soon as loadshedding is quite random here, and even if it is not .. the ups system is not much powerful to run a pc for long. So in a very sad tone, even if I wish to buy one gaming desktop, that I can build in half the price of asus rog g751jy equivalent to it .. I am going to have a pretty bad experience because of that.

I guess you never used a gaming laptop before right? ... Well I dont have one, but still if i upgrade to a gaming one ... its not gonna be best but good enough ...

I was thinking to buy asus rog g751jy with an nvidia gtx980m 4gb which is going to cost 2650USD ... as it turned out .. I cant manage to accumulate that much money yet ... so I am looking for a gaming laptop in nvidia gtx800 series with 4gb vram for now so that it cost me near about 1500 USD +- 200 USD ... can you suggest any?

i do understand but there is a solution for your problem get a UPS (1500VA), it costs around 150$, so when the electricity is out your PC will not turn off giving you the option to turn it off safely, and when you build your rig, get a proper power supply with voltage regulation and Anti-Surge features, also almost all new mainboards have Anti-surge feature, so dont worry your PC will be find.

Regarding gaming laptops, i tried few in the past from work and friends but never owned one since they are highly overpriced weak hardware, so its all hardware in the end, when you look at the specs and benches for CPUs and GPUs inside those so called gaming laptops, you will notice they are very weak and couldnt even compete with mid-rage gaming PC which cots around 600$, while they are being sold for 1.5k-2k.

in addition, laptops dont give you the option to upgrade, so if you get one you are stuck with it, either you throw it away or just swallow the bad performance for the years to come unlike desktops where you can upgrade easily or at least you can upgrade gradually.

MoonlitVegas
02-03-2015, 07:26 PM
HI guys,

I'm having a fair few problems, one of them is related to certain errors caused by having certain DLC installed. There is a fix, by uninstalling the DLC and re-downloading it according to the console players, but how can I do that via Uplay?

Thanks

Anykeyer
02-03-2015, 07:49 PM

You serious? 670 performed better than 970? Its very very hard to believe in this. I moved from 770 lightning to reference 980 and its day and night difference. Drivers are quite solid and card itself looks no cheaper than reference 780ti, and its much less noisy (but ofc both 780 and 980 references are nowhere close to lightning build quality).
I got 980 when it became available and I dont regret this, OC 770's GPU performed great but 2GB VRAM held it back in newer games.
Waiting for the big Maxwell is stupid IMO, DX12 will arrive too soon, Maxwells only support 11.3 feature level in hardware so they will become absolete and replaced by Pascals. This means big Maxwell will have very short life, and all that time 980 would be able to handle games perfectly.

metalfenix_666
02-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Yikes, I had a constant crash of ACU.exe today. I just went over the Hotel De Ville (unlocked the fast travel point), and just when I got up the roofs of the buildings nearby, bam, ACU.exe crashed. This happened to me 3 times in a row in the same area, so I just did the repair steps of UPlay (deleting the .exe and verifying the files at least twice), run the game as admin and disabling the UPlay overlay, and finally I got over that crash! Not only that, it seems that the UPlay overlay may be the culprit, since I tried again only disabling the overlay, and no crashes. And I seem to have won some FPS in the process, I notice the game a bit smoother after that.

Thanx for the guide Yaz, it should be a sticky.

YazX_
02-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Yikes, I had a constant crash of ACU.exe today. I just went over the Hotel De Ville (unlocked the fast travel point), and just when I got up the roofs of the buildings nearby, bam, ACU.exe crashed. This happened to me 3 times in a row in the same area, so I just did the repair steps of UPlay (deleting the .exe and verifying the files at least twice), run the game as admin and disabling the UPlay overlay, and finally I got over that crash! Not only that, it seems that the UPlay overlay may be the culprit, since I tried again only disabling the overlay, and no crashes. And I seem to have won some FPS in the process, I notice the game a bit smoother after that.

Thanx for the guide Yaz, it should be a sticky.

You are very welcome :D , glad it worked out for you, enjoy :)

serkarkas
03-31-2015, 11:20 PM
well i said that because of the 970 memory issue (3.5 GB + 0.5 GB), 56 ROPs and L2 Cache size, all those were false advertised and thus people who bought it got mislead, Maxwell is fine in my opinion but Nvidia screwed up the GTX 970.

now according to the price , for each series, the x80 will cost around 500$-550$ and thats the case with GTX 980, so when 780 was released it was priced at the same price range, thats Nvidia practice, 770 GTX was 400$ then Nvidia cut the price to 330$ after R9 series got released.

Im not really sure about all this 970 nonsense sure there was an issue with it but I got mine for 300 bucks and havent looked back it handles any game I throw at it on ultra high graphics settings, Including ACU (and Im only running 6gb ram) and my FPS is flawless while yes I am still getting the ACU.exe errors Im running the file verifying steps mentioned in the step list beforehand. However it seems that each fix is only temporary, I verified file integrity last night and was able to run the game for 2 hours today before it finally gave me the bs ACU.exe has stopped working nonsense but I hardly believe this is GPU related.

YazX_
04-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Im not really sure about all this 970 nonsense sure there was an issue with it but I got mine for 300 bucks and havent looked back it handles any game I throw at it on ultra high graphics settings, Including ACU (and Im only running 6gb ram) and my FPS is flawless while yes I am still getting the ACU.exe errors Im running the file verifying steps mentioned in the step list beforehand. However it seems that each fix is only temporary, I verified file integrity last night and was able to run the game for 2 hours today before it finally gave me the bs ACU.exe has stopped working nonsense but I hardly believe this is GPU related.

its about future games not now, you will definitely run into problems for next batch of games, i have GTX 970 and can play all games maxed out @ 1440p but all games are maxing out full 3.5GB on 970 and 4GB on 980, thats happening now, so what about this holiday and next holiday seasons when new games are released?!

i believe 4GB will be the min for next batch of games and 6GB is the sweet spot that can serve you several years from now, so considering the 3.5GB on GTX 970, it will not last for next year and its just a 1 year card.

However, there is still some hope by using DX12 and tiled resources which vastly reduces the VRAM amount required but DX12 will only be supported on windows 10 and not sure if gaming companies are willing to sacrifice all other customers who are still on windows 7/8/8.1 for windows 10 ones which is unlikely.

darqenstein
04-04-2015, 12:28 PM
my problem is when i try to verify files it tells me to repair. but when i press repair uplay doesn't download anything.

darqenstein
05-10-2015, 06:28 PM
is this thread dead?

jenzen306
05-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Does anyone now a solution for ac unity not starting , it only shows the picture of the 4 assassins then nothing happens .

Bio84Roma
11-05-2015, 05:01 PM
!

I tried every singl passages. nothing to do.

everytime that i did verify files, uplay start to install directx every single time.

So, there actually is something that I can do to solve the "Acu.exe problem"?

I think that is crazy customers should be a pc specialist just to try to play a game.

regards,

Fabio

naumaan
11-20-2015, 03:44 PM
okie ... so i am able to play assassins creed unity but i am stuck at sequence 6 mission 1 .... its a bug where la touche is stuck and do not move .. and we have to tail him .. he is expected to move upstairs

any fix ?

naumaan
11-20-2015, 04:27 PM
i do understand but there is a solution for your problem get a UPS (1500VA), it costs around 150$, so when the electricity is out your PC will not turn off giving you the option to turn it off safely, and when you build your rig, get a proper power supply with voltage regulation and Anti-Surge features, also almost all new mainboards have Anti-surge feature, so dont worry your PC will be find.

Regarding gaming laptops, i tried few in the past from work and friends but never owned one since they are highly overpriced weak hardware, so its all hardware in the end, when you look at the specs and benches for CPUs and GPUs inside those so called gaming laptops, you will notice they are very weak and couldnt even compete with mid-rage gaming PC which cots around 600$, while they are being sold for 1.5k-2k.

in addition, laptops dont give you the option to upgrade, so if you get one you are stuck with it, either you throw it away or just swallow the bad performance for the years to come unlike desktops where you can upgrade easily or at least you can upgrade gradually.

after research i found out that you are right ... for a 1500 dollar laptop, i can afford its equivalent pc in 1000 dollar .. also it can be upgraded further if i want to .. thanks for your suggestions, it really helped

YazX_
11-20-2015, 04:31 PM
after research i found out that you are right ... for a 1500 dollar laptop, i can afford its equivalent pc in 1000 dollar .. also it can be upgraded further if i want to .. thanks for your suggestions, it really helped

np, glad i was able to help :)

Starlord_49
11-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Hello for me the game recognize the inter graphics card...not my geforce. How to change that?
When i go to the graphics menu, it show "Inter graphics" not Geforce! =(

EDIT: SORRY i thought it was about ACS! But if someone can answer me...

YazX_
11-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Hello for me the game recognize the inter graphics card...not my geforce. How to change that?
When i go to the graphics menu, it show "Inter graphics" not Geforce! =(

EDIT: SORRY i thought it was about ACS! But if someone can answer me...

Here is Syndicate thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

and for your issues, you need to set the primary GPU in BIOS to Nvidia Geforce.

Somniatis_
05-22-2016, 02:09 AM

Hi, I bought the game from shop, neither steam nor uplay. "ACU.exe has stopped working" pops up after I selected first chapter to play, since the others are all locked.
What should I do? HELP pls.

Mohamadelkaaki
01-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Guys please help! I can't play the game it stops at sequence 2 memory 1

I have a gaming laptop

16GB ram
GTX 960
COR i7

PLEAE HELP I WANNA PLAY THE GAME. THANKS

strigoi1958
01-14-2017, 10:50 PM
@Mohamadelkaaki

Have you tried the suggestions on the first page of this thread? there are many things to try.

Black_Widow9
01-14-2017, 11:16 PM
Guys please help! I can't play the game it stops at sequence 2 memory 1

I have a gaming laptop

16GB ram
GTX 960
COR i7

PLEAE HELP I WANNA PLAY THE GAME. THANKS
Hey,

Can you please also post your full specs?

Thanks

Mohamadelkaaki
01-21-2017, 09:34 AM
@Mohamadelkaaki

Have you tried the suggestions on the first page of this thread? there are many things to try.

Yeah I tried everything!

Mohamadelkaaki
01-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Hey,

Can you please also post your full specs?

Thanks

I already have a case opened: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Cases/04099148
Not sure if you can see it or only the user but I have all my detailed specs listed!!!
I would be grateful if you can help.

Ennod76
03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
This is "help" I mean: I can run programs as admin and let the program check the files (20 times by now) but after that.... What are u talking about? How? should I open "start" in the new WIndows? I rechecked the system-requirements for this game but "must be an "ICT-dude" was absolutely not on the list ;)

OrbitClue
07-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Plz help acu crash after 15 minutes ? acu.exe has stopped working .

Black_Widow9
07-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Plz help acu crash after 15 minutes ? acu.exe has stopped working .
Hi OrbitClue,

Sorry to hear this. Please reach out to our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) with the following info and your error message, so we can get you playing as soon as possible.
How To Submit Dxdiag/MSinfo (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/)

Thanks

DAZ2207
10-28-2018, 09:05 AM
hello i installed assassin's creed unity. but it hangs.. what to do now? pls tell me ... i have to play unity,syndicate and origins. i love this game. and i am a huge fan of this game so pls help me...

TuzlaBr0
04-18-2019, 09:30 PM
My game is stuck on splash screen and wont boot.

shazam0303
04-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Hi,

I installed the game yesterday and i'm having alot of trouble to even start it.
I've looked a bit on the internet and found this topic. I've tried everything that's on it but still can't start the game.
I'm stuck on a rectangle uplay loading screen if i start the game normaly.
I'm stuck on the ACU splash screen when i start it with admin rights.
EIther way, i never got an error, or a crash message. The .exe just keeps running but nothing happens. When i try to stop it though, it closes the window but i have to shutdown the process with task manager.

I've tried to:

-Delte ACU.exe and then verify game files through uplay.
- Disable any AV/ overclocking programs as i have none. (i've closed the Nvdia Gefore experience just in case)
- Tried to stop any program from booting with the computer starting
- Tried to reinstall DX and VCRedist from the support/software part of the game's files
- Checked i had .Net framework installed (i got 4.0 already)
- Disable Overlay in Uplay (couldn't find the voice chat option to do so though)
- Use a new admin session

My pc spec:

I5-6600K 3.5 GHz
Ram 16 Go
GC: Geforce GTX 1060 3Gb
Drives: 1 SSD with windows and Uplay
1 SSD with my games and ACU (i can't install ACU on the windows drive, i got no space. I've tried to install uplay on the same drive than the game, doesn't work either)

What can i do next?
Thanks in advance,

Shaz

EDIT: updated what i've done

matrex_a1990
04-19-2019, 04:01 PM
to fix your issue try do verify for the game file

make sure you have the last graphics driver

this should fix most of your issue

shazam0303
04-19-2019, 05:30 PM
Yep, i've done this all already. It didn't do it.
I managed to start the game, i had to copy it on another drive. It's working. I tried to put it back on my SSD since i want to reduce the loading times, but then, i can't start it.
I'm kinda doomed to play the game installed on my HD instead of the new SSD, but hey, at least it's working

Laukku06
04-20-2019, 06:16 PM
I just can´t turn on the game. When i press the play button, the game loads. After that it throws me back to the uplay store

Templerkomtur
04-20-2019, 09:24 PM
My game starts complete in espanol i can change language of subtitels and spoken but all tips and mnue stays in espanol. some ideas how to ofix this ?

Tharion
04-24-2019, 04:34 AM
It's mind blowing that you can make such beautiful games, with great stories. And yet program them so ****ty that people can't even start it without turning off loads of things. This is the only company I have these crappy issues with. Blizzard, Bioware, heck even EA doesn't have these simpleton and ridiculous problems with just launching their games. Whomever is in charge of this, fire them, seriously they are pissing of costumers and making getting hacked games an option. Not because of the cost, but because your programming causes to much headache.

Tharion
04-24-2019, 04:35 AM
No it doesn't. The game is old, and new drivers shouldn't matter ... besides, no real gamer doesn't do this step first

zrz999
05-26-2019, 11:50 PM
In order to avoid copying the game to another drive you can create a .VHDX container in disk management on your drive C: and copy the game folder there. You should use a dynamic container that can grow in order not to waste disk space. When mounted in Windows this container gets a driver letter, eg .D:. Don't forget to make the Registry changes to point uplay to the new game location.