PDA

View Full Version : Club Competition didn't unlock ANY gear

Marcus101RR
12-28-2014, 06:03 AM
All gear, is still locked. I am so tired of this locked crap.

similarly
12-28-2014, 06:11 AM
My club was in 1st place by more than 13,000 points. Yet, when I check my club details, it still says "Club Competitions Won = 0".

Okay. Who won? How?

My GUESS is that at some point in the future, the computers or whatever will tally the votes and the winners will be declared, prizes awarded, etc. BUT ... how long will it take? That's my question.

One other thing that bothers me slightly about the club competitions.

ALL first and second place winners are supposed to move up from bronze division to silver. That doesn't make sense to me. My club had only about 130,000 points. I've heard about other clubs that had over a MILLION points.

To me, it would make more sense to form divisions based on total points and participation. I mean, there's no point in my moving up to a higher div if I'm not active enough to win in those divs, right?

Death_shade35
12-28-2014, 06:18 AM
We won by a long shot in a bronze tier by like 500k and yes we received no gear as well. It did however tally our win for the challenge and in club profile

horusx82
12-28-2014, 06:19 AM
I can confirm that the chest unlocked for me, my club got 1st place and it took a few minutes after the competition was over before the little gold letters popped up over Arno's head, also on a PC.

similarly
12-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Horus, what chest unlocked for you? Where is this chest?

My club information in the main cafe now shows that my team did win the competition. Also, I noticed that the Legendary Sans Culottes Coat unlocked, which is nice because it's the one I really wanted.

I haven't noticed if any other legendary gear unlocked. It's possible that lesser gear unlocked, but I hardly look at those now. I don't know if we'll only get one legendary item, or if it will take more time.

Anyway, rewards ARE coming through now.

horusx82
12-28-2014, 07:56 AM
oh sorry I mean't the chest piece or the coat, and I believe its only one item per competition, I'm curious as to what second place got though.

similarly
12-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks. During the competition, under "first place rewards" there were two icons: a shirt icon and a skull icon. The shirt icon always means clothing or gear, but what does the skull icon mean?

Ravenlock80
12-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, my Club didn't place first, but we did play, and all the gear is still locked, can't even buy it.

Come on, Ubisoft. This was a bad idea to begin with, and now even after implementing it a MONTH after the game launched, it still doesn't work.

Get. Your. S#!t. Together.

similarly
12-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately, Whiteshadow, it's looking a bit like FIRST place winners get ONE item unlocked and the other five teams (it would SEEM) won't get anything. If that's the case, it's really sad. Personally, I think they should just unlock ALL of it, and if your team wins, you get a bonus in cash or creed points that you can use to BUY whatever you want, or maybe they can have special bonus items for the winners. Something like that.

NullCase
12-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Everybody doesn't get a trophy. Anyone can participate. Participation is not special.

Dellers
12-28-2014, 10:34 AM
ALL first and second place winners are supposed to move up from bronze division to silver. That doesn't make sense to me. My club had only about 130,000 points. I've heard about other clubs that had over a MILLION points.
A million? We had more than 8! Barely even won, and I personally got like 650k points yesterday alone to make sure we made it. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the hardest PC fight though. Third place had only 300000-something points, though.

NullCase
12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
A million? Lol, we had more than 8! Barely even won, and I personally got like 650k points alone yesterday to make sure we made it. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the hardest PC fight though.

Nice. I clocked out with over 1.3M myself and our club only got 1.5m.

Second round should be interesting, but my club owner will need to recruit some active people.

SnowdenEdward
12-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Legendary Sans-Culottes Coats unlocked for us.

Ravenlock80
12-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah but the winners WIN the piece of gear, right? Or do they just win the right to BUY the gear?

Everybody else ought to have the ability to buy the gear. The lock says "Play Club Competition", not "Win Club Competition"

Because if they seriously expect us to play enough competitions to randomly manage to get matched with groups we can come in first against that we unlock the right to BUY each piece of legendary gear one at a time, they can go **** themselves. That'll take months. This isn't a ****ing MMO, it's Assassin's Creed, I'm not gonna spend months trying to get a piece of gear for a game I already beat.

NullCase
12-28-2014, 08:48 PM
First place won the gear outright. I didn't have to buy it. I did have to pay for the upgrade. Don't really care either way because you don't really need a lot of either money or Creed Points to max everything out.

Trih333
12-29-2014, 12:44 AM
Hi, the game says the club I'm in have won a club competition
I wasn't logged in yesterday but I was tuesday and wednesday (a bit)
Does this mean I can't unlock a legendary? or is it a bug ?

Ravenlock80
12-29-2014, 03:37 AM
First place won the gear outright. I didn't have to buy it. I did have to pay for the upgrade. Don't really care either way because you don't really need a lot of either money or Creed Points to max everything out.
Okay, so if you won the gear outright, then the other locked gear should become available for purchase (at full price) just by playing, and that's just still broken, yeah?

Cpt.Giachino.gd
12-29-2014, 03:57 AM
I am the leader of my club and I'm the only one who did not receive the armor,we won the competition with 3,5 millons.....i recived the messege that we won but i dont recived anithing....this is a joke....

Ravenlock80
12-29-2014, 05:40 AM
Well, I mean, Nullcase is right that money is a complete non-issue in the game, you quickly have enough to buy whatever you want.

The frustration is when you can't buy it, which is supposed to be fixed by playing in a Club Competition, as far as any of us knew.

That just doesn't seem to be actually working, after a month of waiting for it to.

similarly
12-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi, the game says the club I'm in have won a club competition
I wasn't logged in yesterday but I was tuesday and wednesday (a bit)
Does this mean I can't unlock a legendary? or is it a bug ?

I saw a faq somewhere that said in order to unlock the rewards, your club must WIN the competition and YOU have to contribute at least 500 creed points to the win. If you didn't play, apparently you don't get the rewards.

I don't know how individual players can get more than a million points. You'd have to be VERY good at farming AND play a lot.

Dellers
12-29-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't know how individual players can get more than a million points. You'd have to be VERY good at farming AND play a lot.

It's not that hard if you play a couple of hours a day. I got around 100k/hour when I was playing for the competition.

similarly
12-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Ok, seriously: how do you get 100k an hour?

Ravenlock80
12-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Regardless of whether it's possible or even easy to get that many points, if that's seriously the intended requirement to unlock a piece of gear, that's ***ing ridiculous.

So I'm gonna hope that it's not, and that somebody from Ubi will tell us what the hell is going on.

Dellers
12-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Ok, seriously: how do you get 100k an hour?
Basically by taking out absolutely everyone in the coop mission that gave double creed points. I tried to to get points for absolutely every kill, at least 300 when possible. I did a lot of staggering strikes and such, which gave about 300 points for every three hits. It took me 45-65 minutes to complete the mission solo when I was farming points, and the most I got in one run was about 120k. I had a 1.5 multiplier because I'm in an active club (now 1.6 because we won the competition), though, and seemed to get a 3.1 multiplier on the mission I played because of the double bonus.

Ravenlock80
01-02-2015, 04:25 AM
So, what I want to know is very simple, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

If you need to win club competitions to get the locked gear, why does it have a price?

So far I haven't found anybody who has bought unlocked gear after a competition. I've seen some people say they won it for free, and I've seen some people say they got nothing even though they won. But what is the condition where it just unlocks and you can buy it for the price listed in the gear list?

Obviously the intended design allows for that condition, and it sure seems to me like the system is still broken if that condition is never fulfilled. My club isn't gonna win these competitions, but I'll participate in them if I'm at least going to be able to buy the gear I don't win. But certainly not if I won't be able to.

Zahth
01-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Everybody doesn't get a trophy. Anyone can participate. Participation is not special.

Hey buddy, this is something I paid Seventy-five dollars of cash-monah for.

My active participation in something I gave money to is enough to warrant the content unlocking.
This is not a MMORPG like WoW this is a single-player/co-op console game.

Honestly, a system being implemented nearly two months after the game launched that barely works and still locks out content to 80% of the people that take part in it [4 of the 5, 50 man teams] should not be defended.

As a matter of fact if you are not employed by this or any other gaming company you should not be defending something that has legitimate concerns and criticisms associated with it.

Erfivur
01-02-2015, 11:44 AM
So, what I want to know is very simple, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

If you need to win club competitions to get the locked gear, why does it have a price?

So far I haven't found anybody who has bought unlocked gear after a competition. I've seen some people say they won it for free, and I've seen some people say they got nothing even though they won. But what is the condition where it just unlocks and you can buy it for the price listed in the gear list?

Obviously the intended design allows for that condition, and it sure seems to me like the system is still broken if that condition is never fulfilled. My club isn't gonna win these competitions, but I'll participate in them if I'm at least going to be able to buy the gear I don't win. But certainly not if I won't be able to.

I'd assumed they've got prices attached because after the club competitions end? (Assuming they'll end)
Ubi will drop a patch allowing anyone/everyone to buy the gear that will no longer be available by any other means.

Either that or it's a mistake. Like how the in-game database says that you can blend with any two civilians,(I can only blend with 3 people myself) or how it tells you about skills you can "unlock" that haven't actually been included in the game.

xXthaBIGbeastXx
01-27-2015, 04:31 AM
so my team last week won the club competition but didn't get the sword that was supposed to be rewarded for winning so what's the deal with that? I put in the points I needed to and I'm connected to the server just fine so this is a bug on your part.

machine4578
01-27-2015, 05:17 AM
so my team last week won the club competition but didn't get the sword that was supposed to be rewarded for winning so what's the deal with that? I put in the points I needed to and I'm connected to the server just fine so this is a bug on your part.

same, and i got some message in red stating i have helix credits pending on the server.. WTF is that! here is my post with pic.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1002583-Club-Competitions-FAQ