PDA

View Full Version : Unity Companion App has destroyed my ipad.

Perk89
12-28-2014, 04:03 AM
After spending days trying to sort through the garbled, complicated, and greedy mess that was the Unity Companion app to try and open some blue boxes, I finally threw in the towel when the app started crashing right as I finally got to the point where I was actually unlocking a box. Not just every now and again, but every time I opened the app.

i spent countless trying to clear space on my ipad, dig into old accounts to satisfy the ridiculous amount of log in accounts, downloads, installs, blah blah blah when all I want to do is pop in a disc and enjoy the game I received for Christmas from my family who spent more than they really could afford to provide me with an amazing Christmas.

how am I rewarded for all this? By the persistent crashing destroying my ipad, rendering it unable to run any app for more than few seconds.Yes, I've tried the many reboots and what-not in an attempt to fix it, and no, it has never done this prior to the Unity a Companion App wrecking havoc.

all I want to say is thanks Ubisoft! I'm so glad that $59.99 wasn't enough to satisfy you!

ive seen many complaints from people on this forum about Unity the past couple months and thought they were reactionary, but now that Ubi's cash grab has wrecked my extremely expensive tablet which is essential to my work/schooling, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.

If you don't learn from this for Victory, I'm out.

(a shame too, because in the rare moments where I can play Unity without concern for the 17 different currencies, multiple online garbage programs and various other cash grab attempts, I actually have enjoyed the game)

JustPlainQuirky
12-28-2014, 04:06 AM
when all I want to do is pop in a disc and enjoy the game I received for Christmas from my family who spent more than they really could afford to provide me with am amazing Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tMPoaU2oL4

Kevciu2409
12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
It is good time for petition.

Ubi should quit this companion app nonsense, patch-in stuff from companion app (blue chests, missions, outfit etc.) Into the game itself.

It is more than 1 month and I still cannot get 100% because of this broken app.

Mr_Shade
12-28-2014, 01:01 PM
how am I rewarded for all this? By the persistent crashing destroying my ipad, rendering it unable to run any app for more than few seconds.Yes, I've tried the many reboots and what-not in an attempt to fix it, and no, it has never done this prior to the Unity a Companion App wrecking havoc.

Hi,

Installing an app - should not affect any other apps or the iPad it's self - I suggest either removing the app and reinstalling - or contacting apple directly to see what the issue is.

All apps on the iTunes store are tested by Apple to ensure they do not impact other apps of systems - so while this issue is frustrating for you - it should be remedied by removing the app.

Tyrhydion
12-28-2014, 03:52 PM
I cannot synchronize anymore......since a week or two..... :mad:
So I cannot play the app at all because it requires Ubi Log-on.

Undertakecare
12-30-2014, 12:49 AM
I find it even worse when you can play, like I do, and it disconnects from Ubisoft servers after some hours and when you log in again (because it cannot remember the password and log in automatically), then it synchronises and all the progress of the past hours is LOST! Purchased assassins (I had one of level 20) simply gone, missions I played reset to unplayed, glyphs puzzles reset to never solved, blue chest which where as unlocked on the map vanished from map.

This is annoying!

SlyTrooper
12-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi,

Installing an app - should not affect any other apps or the iPad it's self - I suggest either removing the app and reinstalling - or contacting apple directly to see what the issue is.

All apps on the iTunes store are tested by Apple to ensure they do not impact other apps of systems - so while this issue is frustrating for you - it should be remedied by removing the app.

Shadey, is the message getting through to the big dogs that we hate this feature?

soldiersback
12-30-2014, 10:43 PM
This app is terrorism to anyones sanity. It says it syncs to your system, you can literally see your guy moving. Then you want to get a chest, it remains locked. ALL the blue chests are still locked while the app claimed the reward was added to my account while they remain on my map in the game while the missions sometimes come through, but mostly not. It is garbage and the team who made the app should never be allowed to work in the industry again.

Altair1789
12-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Sorry to hear this has happened :(

I want to like the companion app, I think it's a pretty cool idea, but it's biggest flaw is you need it for 100% sync. It should be completely optional, but Ubisoft just doesn't want that to happen. Unlocking all companion app artifacts/ chests would be great

MasterAssasin84
12-30-2014, 11:24 PM
After spending days trying to sort through the garbled, complicated, and greedy mess that was the Unity Companion app to try and open some blue boxes, I finally threw in the towel when the app started crashing right as I finally got to the point where I was actually unlocking a box. Not just every now and again, but every time I opened the app.

i spent countless trying to clear space on my ipad, dig into old accounts to satisfy the ridiculous amount of log in accounts, downloads, installs, blah blah blah when all I want to do is pop in a disc and enjoy the game I received for Christmas from my family who spent more than they really could afford to provide me with an amazing Christmas.

all I want to say is thanks Ubisoft! I'm so glad that $59.99 wasn't enough to satisfy you!

ive seen many complaints from people on this forum about Unity the past couple months and thought they were reactionary, but now that Ubi's cash grab has wrecked my extremely expensive tablet which is essential to my work/schooling, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed.

If you don't learn from this for Victory, I'm out.

(a shame too, because in the rare moments where I can play Unity without concern for the 17 different currencies, multiple online garbage programs and various other cash grab attempts, I actually have enjoyed the game)

Two things here that you may want to check if not done so already ..

Check which version of iOS your iPad is running on as the App has been designed to run on the latest version of iOS8 .

Im running 8.1.2 on my iPhone 6 and very recently there was an update to address some of the issues you described in your post ?

If you still continue to have issues you may want to try an Back and restore on iTunes via your laptop or Mac ( what ever one your using )

Once you have done the above then reinstall the App from your cloud storage ( which usually fixes most iOS issues )

I have the companion App running and it works fine .

Also what iPad are you using ? as it might be compatibility issue ?

gnomeholio
12-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Zero issues so far. I refuse to blame Ubi for any iPad issues I may encounter, or frustration in playing the game.

e.g. I sent in 4 20+ level assassins on a mission that was 90%+ chance of success and lost all 4.

I could bit#)($ and moan at Ubi or realize its all a part of the game and move on.

I like the companion app idea and hope its expanded for London in the fall.

MasterAssasin84
12-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Zero issues so far. I refuse to blame Ubi for any iPad issues I may encounter, or frustration in playing the game.

e.g. I sent in 4 20+ level assassins on a mission that was 90%+ chance of success and lost all 4.

I could bit#)($ and moan at Ubi or realize its all a part of the game and move on.

I like the companion app idea and hope its expanded for London in the fall.

The OP is asking for advice because the App has caused a software Bug on his iPad in order for the community to help him we need to understand what iPad he is using and what software he is running before providing possible trouble shooting tips .

MasterAssasin84
12-31-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi,

I believe Apple have very strict quality controls but I thought I would share a solution to the above OP

Two things here that you may want to check if not done so already ..

Check which version of iOS your iPad is running on as the App has been designed to run on the latest version of iOS8 .

Im running 8.1.2 on my iPhone 6 and very recently there was an update to address some of the issues you described in your post ?

If you still continue to have issues you may want to try an Back and restore on iTunes via your laptop or Mac ( what ever one your using )

Once you have done the above then reinstall the App from your cloud storage ( which usually fixes most iOS issues )

I have the companion App running and it works fine .

Also what iPad are you using ? as it might be compatibility issue ?