PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity was great! [Possible Spoilers] -Why all the hate on Unity?! (Small Review)

DeluxedMass
12-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Free-Roam

I'm a big Assassin's Creed fan, and i like to start of by saying that Assassin's Creed Unity was what a lot of fans wanted for years. It was focused on exploring Paris and not just getting on a ship! I'm one of those gamers, that hates these types of things! I didn't like the pirate theme at all, I just wanted to explore cities like AC 2, Brotherhood and 1.
Although Assassin's Creed 3 wasn't just about ships, but a big part of the game was focused on it and sometimes you had to get through a big forest just to get to your destination when you didn't had fast travel. Unitie's Paris was great, no empty landscape just buildings that you could easily jump on to.

Gameplay
The game mechanics was really improved, the combat was evolved and I'm really glad they removed the counter option. I didn't have a hard time with new combat system heck, I can say that I'm really good at Unitie's combat. The new parkour system was awesome, it was time they improved it after so many titles.

Arno What's the hate for?!
I can easily say that Arno's life story was as interesting as any other assassin, i don't get why a lot of people hate him! It's just like AC 3, people just want to hate a character. also he didn't make a poor choice taking on a target by himself without getting any orders from the Assassins.

Story
Nothing wrong other than, killing Elise, It was predictable as ****! Thank you Ubisoft.

The only problem the game had was, the frame drops, sure it was pretty annoying but i didn't care! enjoyed the game and still do (Waiting for Dead Kings).
Every time i come to the forums, i just see threads about people hating on Unity. It was rushed yes, but it was one of the greatest AC games that had been released after 3.

Jackdaw951
12-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Answering the question in your thread title:

(1) Horribly broken at launch; still needs work after 4 patches and a patch to the 4th patch on the Xbox.

(2) Patch 4 morphing into a re-download of the entire game for Xbox users.

(3) Substantive content already in the game locked behind an app running on hardware other than the game system

(4) Cosmetic content already in the game locked behind a long-broken website. This has temporarily been fixed by unlocking while Initiates is down during the holidays.

(5) Substantive content already in the game locked behind club competitions, which didn't even exist until the last few days.

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 08:40 PM
I think the gameplay was very fun, but the story was just terrible. So short, it left a LOT of plot holes, didn't contribute at all to the overarching story, and it's something we've definitely seen before, except it was worse

I loved AC3 too, but Unity was nowhere near as good in my opinion

arthur-peresb13
12-27-2014, 08:40 PM
My problem with unity is the campaing itself... it realy sucks to be honest.

There is no suport characters, the villain isn't present, the templar conspiracy was so simple and lame, there is no development character, the begining it's larger than the final, the story has no climax, Arno was a awful protagonist in my opinion, he's basically Elise's puppy, the French Revolution it's just a background, Arno watch is whole contry immerse in a civil war and dosen't care at all about it. The plot is so rushed and lame that for the first time I wanted to see the modern time, and the modern time plot was even worse.

The game also has others problems like, a Stealth game that I can't hide the bodies of my victmis, I can't dive, the cover sistem is broken. the combat that promised to change still with the same 3 enemies, and now we have even less moviments and is limited for 1 weapon. the idea of gain new hability during the game was good but bad executed. they limited to much, at the begining we can't even use fireweapons and do simple things like sit on a bench. And we can't buy all the abilities with just the campaing so it sucks, no sountrack during free runing.

Uniy has some good points for sure. but the game desapointed me, and wasn't for the many bug problems that everybody complains but for poor choices. They limited the gameplay to make it dificult but became boring, repectitive, with a undevelopment protagonist and a poor campaing.

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Gameplay was good. Not amazing, but improved.

Story was garbage.

Overworld was damaged due to excessive transmedia.

/thread

jake1991DE
12-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I cannot belive this I am a big fan and I loved unity yes I did have alittle bit of problems but nothing to hate at all why caint people enjoy games and stop ruining games and series growing up iv never seen this much childish acts against game now its a normal thing is it this generation or ungrateful ness I dont know be happy you not playing PONG when you start to complain Ubisoft thank you for ac unity if your having problems let them patch if they have to its a game not reality its fun my experience has been great with the series although I didnt like black flag I still took the ride close minded people are ruining games and all I want is for people to just look how they act come on if its so horrible why play it ubisoft didnt rob you or force you I mean look how far gameing has come be happy we are here plus assassins creed is historical, storys good, gameplay good, ect I know its not for everybody. But I dont like call of duty but iv still played it an enjoyed it I dont play it but I would talk down about it let alone hate come on this generation needs to grow up mentally and if old school gamer look back at old days. Even know I love all games. And my son is playing n64 mario, legend of zelda. ECT. AND WE REALLY ENJOY THE GAMES no matter what. But tgank you for not following the crowd and saying you actual thoughts maby gaming community is not dead after all

Jackdaw951
12-27-2014, 09:08 PM
what is is what is not is not is that it it is

What is, is. What is not, is not. Is that it? It is!

PUNCTUATION!

jake1991DE
12-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Apologies.

Hans684
12-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Free-RoamI'm a big Assassin's Creed fan, and i like to start of by saying that Assassin's Creed Unity was what a lot of fans wanted for years. It was focused on exploring Paris and not just getting on a ship!

I don't doubt top you a big fan but AC3 - Rogue took advantage of what the era gave them. Unlike Unity where things is so far in the background that the story is irrelevant and hardly take advantage of anything. He's a noble man and not a single person try to burn down his house in a time where the poor where starving and the rich wasting the peoples money on parties.

I'm one of those gamers, that hates these types of things!

Can't argue opinion, it will stay the same anyway.

I didn't like the pirate theme at all, I just wanted to explore cities like AC 2, Brotherhood and 1.

While those could have been better, they at least took advantage of the era unlike Unity.

Although Assassin's Creed 3 wasn't just about ships, but a big part of the game was focused on it and sometimes you had to get through a big forest just to get to your destination when you didn't had fast travel. Unitie's Paris was great, no empty landscape just buildings that you could easily jump on to.

They can't exactly have big cities where there was none, can they? So they where just true to the time.

Gameplay
The game mechanics was really improved, the combat was evolved and I'm really glad they removed the counter option. I didn't have a hard time with new combat system heck, I can say that I'm really good at Unitie's combat. The new parkour system was awesome, it was time they improved it after so many titles.

Agree.

Arno What's the hate for?!
I can easily say that Arno's life story was as interesting as any other assassin, i don't get why a lot of people hate him! It's just like AC 3, people just want to hate a character. also he didn't make a poor choice taking on a target by himself without getting any orders from the Assassins.

Interesting but a waste, we didn't need to relive his memories and that's when my line is crossed. Compared to other characters his is a repeat, an old commercial retiring for X reasons with a few good points but overall the same as the old version.

Story
Nothing wrong other than, killing Elise, It was predictable as ****! Thank you Ubisoft.

His story was a waste.

The only problem the game had was, the frame drops, sure it was pretty annoying but i didn't care! enjoyed the game and still do (Waiting for Dead Kings).
Every time i come to the forums, i just see threads about people hating on Unity. It was rushed yes, but it was one of the greatest AC games that had been released after 3.

Loved the gameplay but that's not enough.

jake1991DE
12-27-2014, 09:30 PM
I cannot belive this I am a big fan and I loved unity yes I did have alittle bit of problems but nothing to hate at all why caint people enjoy games and stop ruining games and series growing up iv never seen this much childish acts against game now its a normal thing is it this generation or ungrateful ness I dont know be happy you not playing PONG when you start to complain Ubisoft thank you for ac unity if your having problems let them patch if they have to its a game not reality its fun my experience has been great with the series although I didnt like black flag I still took the ride close minded people are ruining games and all I want is for people to just look how they act come on if its so horrible why play it ubisoft didnt rob you or force you I mean look how far gameing has come be happy we are here plus assassins creed is historical, storys good, gameplay good, ect I know its not for everybody. But I dont like call of duty but iv still played it an enjoyed it I dont play it but I would talk down about it let alone hate come on this generation needs to grow up mentally and if old school gamer look back at old days. Even know I love all games. And my son is playing n64 mario, legend of zelda. ECT. AND WE REALLY ENJOY THE GAMES no matter what. But tgank you for not following the crowd and saying you actual thoughts maby gaming community is not dead after all

jake1991DE
12-27-2014, 09:34 PM
**** I messed up sorry for repeating post, also punctuation

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 10:48 PM

Eh, I definitely agree that the bugs shouldn't have been considered a permanent weak point, but it shows that the game was just completely rushed. Almost everything showed signs of rush, and it seems like they didn't even try to make an interesting plot, or one that didn't end in Bishop saying neither the assassins nor the templars will look for what they just searched for. Ubisoft must change their ideals, that is what this game has showed us, and if Victory experiences the same bugs but not the same plot flaws, It'll be a step back up from the step down they took with Unity. I can definitely see your point there

Shahkulu101
12-27-2014, 11:35 PM
The story is garbage, I liked Arno but his actual story was just uninteresting. It makes sense and the presentation is actually good but I found it soooo boring. And while I praise Elise and Arno's actors for their individual performances I felt no chemistry between the two which hurt the story considerably.

Gameplay is definitely improved but not enough that I can totally forgive the bad story. Plus, stealth is unreliable with the wonky cover system and inconsistent detection rules - it doesn't come close to top quality stealth games.

So with a bad story and mediocre but improved mechanics, Unity was alright. Not great.

jake1991DE
12-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Eh, I definitely agree that the bugs shouldn't have been considered a permanent weak point, but it shows that the game was just completely rushed. Almost everything showed signs of rush, and it seems like they didn't even try to make an interesting plot, or one that didn't end in Bishop saying neither ths nor the templars will look for what they just searched for. Ubisoft must change their ideals, that is what this game has showed us, and if Victory experiences the same bugs but not the same plot flaws, It'll be a step back up from the step down they took with Unity. I can definitely see your point there

Yea I mean some aspects are rushed I think some of the bug could of been fixed with a proper delay. Keep in mind the producer's are told what to do time wise they might of had a little leway but corporate prolly came down hard why because I do construction and no matter whar corporate needs it done by a time and rushed is what finishes the job. But I mean I do get it though. Both sides . What would happen if they didnt rush INVESTERS would leave and I really wish corporations were not run by big wigs . But I mean it dose have alot of content I mean to say its a fail as a game is crazy I think plus iv been playing for almost two months now and still finding new stuff. A step back in my opinion is not the right words I mean they need to find a middle ware consumer, investers, producers ect can all meet. Me personally I think there just new to this game engine and platforms. Plus I really liked unity one of the best ac games I think but I wanna go further back in time not closer to mondern day. But yea I mean get your post but most are outrageous in video game terms . But nomatter what product thare will always be hate especially now days but hey if you never get hurt how do you know your alive but yea I think victory should be a finished befor release. But please perfect co-op victory for me I feel like thare going to be to many guns and im exsited im also wondering if they wanna stay with the assassin feel or what I hope it is great. Yea the ending I wanted mor info to

wvstolzing
12-28-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't think there's much 'hate' -- definitely not on these forums. People are venting out all sorts of frustration, but that's because they still *care* a great deal about this series.

jake1991DE
12-28-2014, 12:13 AM
I won the club competition then psn shut down this morning again and now its gone dam man sorry for off topic but I had over400000 points caint wait till they come back

Journey95
12-28-2014, 12:19 AM

very confusing post.. and I disagree many like me complain about Unity because we like this series and don't want to see it fail (like Unity did on many levels like story and characters,MDand not to mention the mess it was at launch)

constructive criticism is good what you are doing is just blind fanboyism basically no matter what **** Ubisoft pulls you will keep buying it and thats not good

jake1991DE
12-28-2014, 12:56 AM
You gotta be kidding me well thats why I rarely post. While I do understand that people criticized to care what I dont get is your gonna call me blind because I really enjoy the series and unity yea it had problems and if you read my other post I went into a little more detail but wow man thats crazy I like ther products I do more playing then complaining. You know im big into the series story and I enjoyed oh well this was the closemindedness I was referring to yes they care and do as well but I wasnt talking about the fans more of the immature and the **** starters . So if I knew what a fanboy was I might be offended because that what it sounds like. im not a child and if I buy a game I like mind you WHEN I BUY A GAME that I enjoy I deep down like that game. And I do with ac series