PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] AC is losing its awesomeness -.-

naorussss
12-27-2014, 04:01 PM
when i saw the new assassins creed game - AC Victory, i thought maybe finally ubi made a good ac game again, but again they made a new assassin, now in london. that scks.
AC unity, has an amazing gameplay, graphics, and combat, but the story is weak, you bearly get to know the characters, and you already assassinate them. Arno is boring, its like ubisoft keeps trying to make an assassins as awesome as Ezio, or altair, but they keep failing.
every new assassin ubisoft creates is more lame then the one before him, the last ac game that was actualy good was ACIII.
scince black flag every single game is worse then the other, i think its only becuse of the plots, they are so boring comparing to the prev games, the time periods are lame as ****.
Ubisoft, Why would you keep creating new assassins when you got 4 legendary assassins, in 4 AWESOME time periods?!?!

Darius - Persian Assassin, during the 5th century BCE (also invented the Hidden Blade).
Wei Yu - Chinese Assassin, during the 3rd century BC.
Leonius - Roman Assassin, during the the 1st century.
Qulan Gal - Mongolian Assassin, during the 13th century.

Think about what i said.

i use awesome alot..... i know.

PricklyBlitz
12-27-2014, 05:44 PM
when i saw the new assassins creed game - AC Victory, i thought maybe finally ubi made a good ac game again, but again they made a new assassin, now in london. that scks.
AC unity, has an amazing gameplay, graphics, and combat, but the story is weak, you bearly get to know the characters, and you already assassinate them. Arno is boring, its like ubisoft keeps trying to make an assassins as awesome as Ezio, or altair, but they keep failing.
every new assassin ubisoft creates is more lame then the one before him, the last ac game that was actualy good was ACIII.
scince black flag every single game is worse then the other, i think its only becuse of the plots, they are so boring comparing to the prev games, the time periods are lame as ****.
Ubisoft, Why would you keep creating new assassins when you got 4 legendary assassins, in 4 AWESOME time periods?!?!

Darius - Persian Assassin, during the 5th century BCE (also invented the Hidden Blade).

Think about what i said.

i use awesome alot..... i know.

because its being milked the story that is the modern aspect of the story can be done in like one game....they need to quit with this sage nonsense its was terrible in black flag and worse in unity. They had A whole bunch of pre cursor race objects and they toss them away like nothing. In the Ezio trilogy you got to see the apple and its power and the journey Ezio went to insure the survival the human race and assassins. that's what made that story awesome....and unity is not that and neither will Victory.

DanonMight
12-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Funny becouse I consider ACIII to be the worst and most boring:). You should not get your expectations too high becouse we have one or two AC games every year so they do not have enough time to polish the story or make some big changes. I know that several studios are working on series but still time they put into the game is rather small and that is why AC is basically all the same, like Call of Duty.

dargor5
12-27-2014, 06:14 PM
It has gotten weak because they insist on keeping with the animus nonsense. In ACU only exist to break your immersion, nothing else, it does not add anything to what happened to Juno nor do I care anymore, I would like for them to completely get rid of the present story and focus more on the past story and develop character.

For the OP, in my opinion AC3 is the worst of all, I never touched it again after finishing the main story, the combat is the greatest of them all yes, but story and character awful, Connor is the worst assassin ever (in my opinion).

As for ubi wanting to make another Ezio, well they will have to stretch the story as they did with AC2 ACB ACR. We loved Ezio because we saw him grow from a noble rich spoiled kid to a master Assassin who everyone look up to in the order. Lately we get this Assassins like Edward and Arno that just are good at been assassins just because, no back story what so ever. On Ezio we see that the family was involve in climbing and acrobatics (his dad and brother). With Connor we have the part where we see him learn all of this techniques for hunting and such.

For Edward and Arno they are just bad assess from the start, to me that's what makes the characters boring

playlisting
12-27-2014, 06:52 PM

The time periods 'awesomeness' is purely subjective. I for instance wouldn't like to see a Chinese, Japanese or Mongolian Assassin as none of their cultures really interest me and I know I'm not the only one that thinks this way. The French Revolution is quite a safe bet as the vast majority of people would like to visit Revolutionary France. As was the Italian Renaissance, Revolutionary America and the West Indies during the golden age of piracy. The only one that stuck out as a bit of a gamble, to me at least, was the Crusades for AC 1. Though it wasn't truly a gamble as it was the first game in the series and no one knew what to expect whereas now AC has a huge following they need to pick and choose time periods more carefully.

arthur-peresb13
12-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Edward was my favorite protagonist by far to be honest

strigoi1958
12-28-2014, 03:10 AM
The time periods 'awesomeness' is purely subjective. I for instance wouldn't like to see a Chinese, Japanese or Mongolian Assassin as none of their cultures really interest me and I know I'm not the only one that thinks this way. The French Revolution is quite a safe bet as the vast majority of people would like to visit Revolutionary France. As was the Italian Renaissance, Revolutionary America and the West Indies during the golden age of piracy. The only one that stuck out as a bit of a gamble, to me at least, was the Crusades for AC 1. Though it wasn't truly a gamble as it was the first game in the series and no one knew what to expect whereas now AC has a huge following they need to pick and choose time periods more carefully.

+1
^^^ I think this sums it up perfectly....

To stay as assassins it has to link to templar knights and lean towards freemasonry and that mainly deals with europe, middle east, part of asia and the new world (the Americas) it is difficult to step outside those parameters and still be considered as an AC game.
And I would like to see a game re-visit previous assassins at different stages to accomplish missions through time.

VoldR
12-28-2014, 10:51 AM
IMHO,

Sticking to the whole need templar & masonry ... (never did understood that, terrible at history)
is what i would think make things dull & repetitive.

Personally I want to know more of their world as a whole, even if there's no templars... or Animus
Heck it doesn't even have to be a native assassin, may be a foreigner visiting its land for a brief period.

There are in fact Assassin's in places like china, for what? that's what i'd like to know and see how they effect China's history and why Templar influence could not get in there for whatever reason.

That is why i'm compiling every game's periods and arranging them accordingly to see it as a whole.

When i saw a glimpse of Unity's beginning, it was interesting to know something happening before Ezio's time some where else.
Sadly have to wait till Unity is fixed before i can continue on there.

As someone who knows much about world history, i'm glad to see any country & not just what was said in another post.

naorussss
12-29-2014, 08:14 PM
As we all know, Ezio's trilogy had the best plot yet, it had a solid story, Charaismatic protagonist.
i think the thing that is missing in all of the new AC games, that only existed in the trilogy, is how deep you connect into Ezio's story, while in the same time you learn so much about the creed itself.

dargor5
12-29-2014, 08:24 PM
As we all know, Ezio's trilogy had the best plot yet, it had a solid story, Charaismatic protagonist.
i think the thing that is missing in all of the new AC games, that only existed in the trilogy, is how deep you connect into Ezio's story, while in the same time you learn so much about the creed itself.

Also I might add that Ezio was into the creed and wanting have more kniledge along the 3 games, as was Altair. The rest, Edward, Connor and Arno just want personal gains or goals that have nothing to do with the creed, thats what diluted the story as a whole

VoldR
12-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Also I might add that Ezio was into the creed and wanting have more kniledge along the 3 games, as was Altair. The rest, Edward, Connor and Arno just want personal gains or goals that have nothing to do with the creed, thats what diluted the story as a whole
Kids these days, lol

maily imothe descendants don't have much role models to look up to and they're surro with bad influences.
:)

johnsmith145
12-29-2014, 09:26 PM
They should bring back the intrigue of the modern day. And not make it optional and throw it in by the last minute as they did with Unity.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2014, 09:42 PM

What?

Okay, I'm mostly ignoring this thread for obvious reasons, but this is the one bit I can't resist.

The Creed had very, very little involvement in Ezio's story. He was NOT into the Creed. In fact, the only time he or the story has ever gone in-depth with the Creed was at the end of Revelations where he had finally understood his path and explained to Sofia the value of the Creed's tenants (and the Altair bits). In 2, the Creed was only uttered once at the near end of the game, when Ezio finally became an Assassin. In Brotherhood, the Creed was only uttered during ceremonies. Not much philosophy or in-depth meaning whatsoever. Ezio is like Connor, in-which their roles are more aligned with the Brotherhood. The Assassin's Creed is part of the backdrop.

Regarding the knowledge and personal gains bit, again, I disagree. 2 and Brotherhood are all about Ezio's personal gain. It's about him becoming a man and getting his revenge. There was no back and forth philosophy like in 1 or the Kenway Saga, no talk about the Creed's integrity. It was at the near end of 2 that Ezio even realized that all the people he met, like La Volpe and Bartolomeo, were of a secret organization and had a Creed. Hell, Ezio even allowed Rodrigo the live, despite being his last contract in 2. At that part, he didn't care about the Creed or the Brotherhood, it was about him overcoming his own desires. I'm not saying he's selfish, but that's the story. --Even in 1, Altair disregarded the Creed and the Brotherhood, got his rank and honor diminished, but he learned from his mistake and grown to be a better man towards the end (and witnessed in Revelations). The story have ALWAYS been about personal gain. It's been like that since the first. It's the development that matters.

Now, onto the topic of the Creed, I would actually argue that Arno and Edward were WAY more into the Creed. Why? Because they are like Altair. Both Altair, Edward, and Arno saw the Creed as a means of doing whatever they pleased. As they all have stated (Altair in the beginning, Edward in the middle, Arno at the end), they thought the Creed was a grant of permission. Everything is permitted, they said. Nothing is forbidden. And like Altair, they realize at the end that the Creed really meant something. As Edward have spoken to Ah Tabai during his revelation, ''If nothing is true, then why believe everything? And if everything is permitted, why not chase every desire?'' And as Arno have said (ganna just steal one quote because he actually had a whole speech) ''I understand now. Not a grant of permission. The Creed is a warning.'' All three of these characters have evolved because of the Creed, not the Brotherhood. The protagonists where the Creed is not important, but the Brotherhood are, is Ezio and Connor. =P

Sorry for spilling the beans, but this thread needs some truth somewhere.

Green_Reaper
12-30-2014, 03:35 AM
this thread needs some truth somewhere.

But nothing is true, everything is permitted? :p

naorussss
01-04-2015, 09:42 PM
i want to see some creativity in the upcoming AC games, im talking about the culture, ACIII, ACBF,ACU,ACV - everything is the same.... annoying, fancy, towering people all over the place, including the main character. it will be amazing to discover a different kind of Environment and Combat Style and weapons. its all the same in ACIII, ACBF,ACU,ACV.
i thnk the most interesting thing about the creed is the way it spreads all over the world, seeing people that are so different in their faiths and belifs, but still Affiliates to the same goals of the creed.
i want to see the past, before altair, and like i wrote at the top of the thread, there were 4 Legendary assassins before altair, each one with a completly different culture but all share a common goal.
i hope after victory, some creativity will hit the franchise.

dargor5
01-05-2015, 03:48 PM
I would like to see a story were they actually blur the line between templars and Assassins, Ubi had a chance at this with Unity and well lets say they literaly blew it.
They have Shai Cormac questionin the creed but he becomes a templar. Why not a character that questions the creed but does not have to pick the other side?
Maybe a game about an Assassins desendant that did not pick a side but just have to use his/her skills to survive in a hostile world.

VoldR
01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
I
They have Shai Cormac questionin the creed but he becomes a templar. Why not a character that questions the creed but does not have to pick the other side?
Maybe a game about an Assassins desendant that did not pick a side but just have to use his/her skills to survive in a hostile world.
Why? Because if they don't people will be asking "why not an assassin that become a Templar" :)

but a a neutral party would be a nice next step

Johnny_R3b
01-05-2015, 08:32 PM

all i know is the french revolution was terrible. there was only one peasant charge and the whole story was based around a power struggle. they didnt even make the last mission. if the setting was 10-15 in the future for like waterloo and invasions using battles like ac3 did now that would've been a game. but hey you know whats better than 30000 soldiers fighting on screen at waterloo. 30000 peasants yelling the same thing the when someone dies they all runaway because they feint at the sight of blood. this AC was boring....so was the setting

heres why they should try something else. they should try something else like a horse assassin in mongolia or another boat assassin for vikings or a Mediterranean roman one before there were cannons and make several cities. like in AC2 and 1. a part of me believes they were praised for their variety of cultural presence. imagine traveling from a norse colony to a convent on boat or rome in its full glory then to the invasion of Tunisia. they lack variety in game and thats why the originals were so good. different settings